Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illusion fails to report mon as fainted (icon shows up as healthy but the mon fainted)

In this battle, on turn 22, my Blacephalon fainted, and its icon didn't turn into a silhouette, unlike on other Pokémon.
Is it a bug relating to Illusion? This is because in turns 9 through 11, my Zoroark was illusioned as Blacephalon.
Since turn 21, when hovering on Blacephalon, it showed descriptions of two possible illusions, except that the one at level 88 was actually Zoroark, and the one at level 80 was a real Blacephalon.

1668623558250.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) yet another of Illusion's many client bugs (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
OK so when u do /nms gastrodon, !gastrodon-east , you get this result:
gastro.PNG

But Gastrodon-East sets including those moves pass the nationaldex and gen8ou validators

DaWoblefet edit: see more details below.

Reactions: Eve

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Trying to change the forms of Pokémon with alternate color based forms such like Gastrodon and Vivillon, resets the sets you've inputted by clicking nearly anything. Stats part and add a Pokemon seem to do this most frequently. Here's a gif example of what I mean.

https://gyazo.com/e16ec0761789cee53c0c1e6d9d7325f8 (idk how to make it preview)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
OK so when u do /nms gastrodon, !gastrodon-east , you get this result:
View attachment 466157
But Gastrodon-East sets including those moves pass the nationaldex and gen8ou validators
Solved this one on Discord already, but the tldr is that Gastrodon-East is coded to inherit its movepool from "Gastrodon" typically, and its own movepool is reserved for exclusive event move access. For some reason (presumably it being listed as a "cosmetic" forme rather than a fully fledged one), nms does not recognise that inheritance, and thus it only checks the tiny event move movepool, as well as that of its prevo, Shellos. As a result the above screenshot basically just shows the difference between Gastrodon and Shellos' movepools. An easy fix would just be to populate the Gastrodon-East movepool with the contents of Gastrodon's main movepool (minus West-exclusive event moves, of course).

edit: here's images of the respective gastrodon movepools for those interested

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

In Gen 1, Selfdestruct/Explosion triggers the attack boost of a Raging enemy, even if the boom misses or targets a Ghost-type. This is not currently implemented in Showdown.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by yourself, thank you :D

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
I'm not being able to broadcast in the portuguese room as a g+
1668720368770.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED Not really a bug but the room's settings were miss configured. -HoeenHero

Graphical mistake in ADV OU teambuilder?
Only appears to happen for ADV.
DPP and forward are correct sprites
45210C88-04D7-4A6A-A03D-B626B7BF9D07.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED - Client cache related issue from Gen 9 Launch

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
The national dex ladder reject some mons that are supposed to exist:
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Zamazenta does not exist in the National Dex.
- Landorus-Therian does not exist in the National Dex.
BUG STATUS: FIXED

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen92v2doubles-1713972936-wxk5g134vdb2edfdnniljmtkph0p4mcpw

The opponent was able to target Tatsugiri when under the effect of Commander, this shouldn't be possible I don't think.

BUT STATUS: NOT A BUG You can target Tatsugiri, it just always misses. - HoeenHero

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen92v2doubles-1713974493-mg82rmnffdpmf0ohbv7ozixa0uhgqfupw

Despite selecting moves with both Tatsugiri and Dondozo (Hydro Pump and EQ respectively) , the timer ran out because of the [Invalid choice] Can't Move: you sent more choices than unfainted Pokemon. Due to this, my actions wouldn't go through.
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 11.25.10 PM.png

BUT STATUS: FIXED

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1714004960-y1fa84w09w36b3qfr07c9osg5a4tld9pw

Occa Berry didn't work and I got hit by Bitter Blade, a fire type move. (Happens at the very last turn, its a 7 turn game so dw)

Kilowattrel @ Occa Berry
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 164 SpA / 92 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Tera Blast
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG Occa Berry only reduces damage for Super-Effective Fire Type attacks.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1714075387 in mono, lead slot can be not of the same type as the team (Tera Dragon Bax in Mono Ice). This seems to be an oversight.

Also, apparently the lead slot can choose to not use a Tera type that matches with the team, but I have no replays of such as of now

2 Move Bugs of Gen 9:
1. Wicked Blow isn't correctly nerfed, should be 75 bp instead of 80.

2. Bitter Blade should be counted as heal move by triage (in my mind tho), which is not now.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, it does not have the heal flag in-game for WHATEVER reason (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1714164656-7cbtg1z8hudvgrlibiey23nihr7i4cxpw
In turn 11, the opponent's Iron Treads used Rapid Spin, outspeeding my Palafin. This should not have been possible though, as sun and therefore Protosynthesis already had ended and my Palafin was scarfed with max speed and an adamant nature, resulting in 448 speed. The Iron Treads could not have been scarfed as it used Earthquake before without switching.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Quark Drive (which all the future themed Paradox Pokemon have like Iron Treads) is based on Electric Terrain not Sun. In addition, Iron Treads had a Booster Energy they consumed to activate their ability regardless of the terrain. So: they got the speed boost.

Two of the new items don't have descriptions:
  • Auspicious Armor (Charcadet -> Armarouge evolution item)
  • Malicious Armor (Charcadet -> Ceruledge evolution item)
BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

cramorant has no moves available when selecting it in a gen 9 format in teambuilder

I found a visual bug. On turn 23, Chansey is switched in, but has a Calyrex-Shadow sprite (before turning into Palkia with imposter). It probably has something to do with the fact that it previously (on turn 1) turned into a Calyrex-Shadow. The replay is below and I'll attach a snapshot showing the bug as well.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1714280154

Attachments

I haven't seen anyone reporting this and i am not 100% sure i should report it here but Glaive Lance description on the sim is bugged
1668791666715.png

The meaning also isn't clear at all as the user takes twice the damage in the next turn, and doesn't deal 2x damage.
1668791714423.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Attachments

cramorant has no moves available when selecting it in a gen 9 format in teambuilder

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - Also confirming Butterfree has this issue
I don't believe Cramorant should be available at all because it isn't in the gen9 pokedex. This pokemon is terrorizing the BH metagame with its instant paralysis. Please... I'm begging you, get it out of here. I can't go through this suffering again.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1714475643-xxwip8xu0icvt1h0u57415uo4ju0q6spw

On Turn 7 Chien-Pao comes in to take Gastrodon's Earth Power, which deals 50% damage to it. On Turn 8 after Gastrodon Terastylizes into the Water-type, Earth Power does 32%. Putting in Chien-Pao's stats into the calc, the damage ranges should be these:
0 SpA Gastrodon Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 67-79 (43.2 - 50.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

This shows is that STAB is being lost during Terastylization, where I believe Ground should retain its regular STAB boost but water should get the increased Tera boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)