Tournament BSSPL VIII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

WELCOME TO THE EIGHTH EDITION OF BSPL
This is the signup thread for aspiring managers. From the signups, 6 managers will be chosen in this year's BSPL. Make sure you know the responsibilities of a manager before you sign up.
  • Managers are required to participate in the auction to draft their players during the week of August 6 (time will be determined later with all managers).
    • They are allowed to assign one assistant manager (whom they must first draft) who can bid on their team's behalf during the auction.
    • Don't post who you plan to have as an assistant here, as you are still required to draft that player.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. Please be punctual about this.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team, for a price of 10k + (number of wins in BSPL VII * 1.5k).
To sign up:
- team name
- logo (if you have one)
- what makes you a good choice for manager

Signups will close and managers will be decided July 30!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Manager: Me!
Assistant Manager: Z Strats
Team Name: Dave's Dragonair
List of Accomplishments: Won 5 WCOPs and 1 SCLs as a manager.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have managed CAPCL, NPL, UUFPL, SMPL, ADVPL, SSPL, DPPPL, VGCPL, NUPL, PMPL, BDSPPL, CAPPL, UPL, MPL, AGPL, BWPL, PUPL, ZUPL, LCPL and ROAPL this year, with Ray being a member of 80% of those teams. He also managed VGCPL with me. We have come to know eachother very well during those tournaments and are looking forward to continuing our hot streak.

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
- team name: Manaphy City
- logo: (thank you Blazenix hopefully I can use it this year)
3.png

- what makes you a good choice for manager: I won BSS World Cup as captain so I would like to win PL as well. I also took part in the past two BSPLs and have managed in some team tours in and out of smogon so I have a good idea on how to draft and manage a viable team.

Co manager: Irene-2002
Team Name: Pink Powerhouse

s/o Naraku Kirigiri for quick logo
I have previous experience as a manager in tournaments both inside and outside of smogon, I captained SSPL and won PTPL as captain, both held in smogon, i Made semifinals with LA in bsswc too.

For her part, Irene had one of the best records in the BSSWC playing with Europe, also making finals with her team, so she will be able to provide support to the team with her experience at the tier.

edit: I hadnt read the "dont post to the co manager" part, but it doesnt seem to be important ig

Last edited:

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)