Tournament BSSPL VIII - Finals [Won by Dave's Dragonairs]

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by DragonWhale

• Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays<<
>>
Commencement<<

:zapdos: Academy Railguns (2) vs (4) Dave's Dragonairs :dragonair:
SV Regulation D: Emboar02 vs Medeia
SV Regulation D: Zerotti vs The Strap
SS Series 12: papiloco vs Breckinridge
USUM BSS: Gondra vs qsns
ORAS BSS: DreamPrince vs Akaru Kokuyo
GBU Singles: Moose And Goose vs Mishimono

Academy Railguns (0) vs (0) Dave's Dragonairs
SV Regulation D: Emboar02 vs Medeia
SV Regulation D: Zerotti vs The Strap
SS Series 12: papiloco vs Breckinridge
USUM BSS: Gondra vs qsns
ORAS BSS: DreamPrince vs Akaru Kokuyo
GBU Singles: Moose And Goose vs Mishimono

The deadline for this round is Sunday, October 8th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Record:
Week 1 - 5/11 correct
Week 2 - 6/12 correct
Week 3 - 3/11 correct
Week 4 - 4/12 correct
Week 5 - 6/11 correct
Semi-finals - 3/5
Semi-finals tiebreak - 2/3
Finals - 4/6
Total - 33/71 (46%) correct

Not good but not terrible. Thanks for playing everyone (except for you Lasen), and especially Akaru Kokuyo. I still don't know how my friends know you but I think you are very good at this game and hope you stick around :>

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Had to root for the Mexicans so it's unfortunate to see the 1st seed curse continue, but congratulations to Dave's Dragonairs for the win!

It's always great to have a bunch of people less familiar with the format come into the tour and perform, this goes to everyone new who participated on other teams as well. Even if this ends up being the only time you touch BSS I hope you enjoyed experiencing formats where the "broken checks broken" mentality is put to the test. I've given out the BSPL CHAMPION role to players of the winning team in the BSS Discord so if you're not already there feel free to join if you want the vanity color role. Otherwise congrats again to Stone Cold and BlackKnight_Gawain and the rest of the team!

Also have to shout out Leru and Theia for running the tour in our stead, before luisin suggested the idea I was close to offering to host the tour myself but I think the tour hosting experience made a difference. This tour was obviously not without its hiccups but I'm very thankful this tour ran as smoothly as it did. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)