Pokémon Brute Bonnet

979.png

Grass/Dark type
Base Stats: 111 HP | 127 Atk | 99 Def | 79 SpA | 99 SpD | 55 Spe (570 total)

Ability: Protosynthesis
New Ability: Protosynthesis: While Sunny Day or Booster Energy are active, highest stat is 1.3x, or 1.5x if Speed.
Notable Moves:
Crunch
Outrage
Seed Bomb
Spore

Close Combat
Stomping Tantrum
Sucker Punch
Synthesis
Tera Blast

Zen Headbutt

New Move: Tera Blast: Normal Type, Special, 80 Power, 16 PP, 100 Acc. If user is terastallized, matches user's type and becomes Physical if user's Atk > SpA.

Pros:
-High Attack and above-average defenses
-127 Atk Sucker Punch is one of the strongest priority moves in the game (I believe second only to Kingambit's Sucker Punch but I could be wrong)
-Spore is a fantastic move with its 100 Accuracy sleep

Cons:
-Poor speed
-Poor defensive typing makes it easy to get supereffective hits
-Lack of very good coverage moves besides Close Combat/Stomping Tantrum

Terastallize Potential:
-Dark may be the best option to boost damage output from Sucker Punch
-Flying/Fire can also be used in conjuction with Tera Blast to take out Grass types that would try to switch in if your opponent tries to block Spore (Flying is probably better because it gives a Bug/Fighting resist)

Potential Sets:

Offensive:

Brute Bonnet @ Black Glasses/Leftovers
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spore
- Close Combat/Stomping Tantrum

This is a very basic set that gives the essentials of what Brute Bonnet can do. Spore and especially Sucker Punch are the essentials here, with Sucker Punch helping revenge kill faster threats like Gengar, Espathra, or Dragapult and Spore mostly being used to put an opponent's switch-in to sleep and leave it vulnerable for a few attacks. Seed Bomb and Close Combat are mostly just there as fillers to help you beat up whatever you put to sleep or anything that switches in after something is already asleep. Stomping Tantrum can be used over Close Combat if you deem ground coverage more important than fighting, though it comes with a significant drop in power when not Super Effective. You can terastallize this set for an even stronger Sucker Punch.

Lure:
Brute Bonnet @ Booster Energy/Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying/Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb/Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Spore
- Tera Blast

The idea behind this set is to bring in an opponent's Grass or otherwise threatening type, then lay the smackdown with Tera Blast. It's probably not as effective as the first set, however, as you lose STAB on Sucker Punch when you terastallize and you can no longer terastallize any of your other Pokémon.

Summary:
Brute Bonnet is kind of a weird Pokémon, trying to balance utility with spore and a slow offense with priority in Sucker Punch. Overall, it manages to pull it off, but it's far from S-Tier with its poor speed and poor defensive typing. Despite its faults, it's still worth its place on a number of teams and can be hard to face if you are not aware of the sets it may be running.

Last edited:
If there is one item that I would never use on such a slow Mon outside of Trick Room, its Life Orb. It will die very quickly with that item, so I suggest literally anything else: Leftovers, Boots, Expert Belt, Black Glasses, etc.

If there is one item that I would never use on such a slow Mon outside of Trick Room, its Life Orb. It will die very quickly with that item, so I suggest literally anything else: Leftovers, Boots, Expert Belt, Black Glasses, etc.
Makes sense. I'll swap them for Black Glasses/Leftovers. Thanks!

Definitely one of the more bizarre pokemon out there. It has pretty good bulk and is quite powerful and even has Spore! The shiton of weaknesses hurt it and it is walled by Corviknight and many other pokemon. Additionally Sucker Punch is also easy to play around.

Trick Room is really where this pokemon thrives though it outspeeds almost everything and can inflict pretty good damage and can sleep a dangerous pokemon. Overall decent pokemon but not up to par

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)