SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Any info on the Version Exclusives? I expect it to be the same as the original DP, but I’m just curious if there was any adjustments.

It's confirmed at this point that the Battle Tower will be like the og one with the classical streak system and not whatever they tried in SwSh?

For those wondering about multi-player, it has been shown for a while now on both the website and the box cover that it'll be a 1 player game.

By the way, GTS has been replaced with GWS (Global Wonder Station).

The learnsets seem to largely be... really lazy. Just copy/paste jobs with snapped moves hastily replaced. There's a few exceptions but some sets like Delcatty and Clamperl are just embarrassing to look at. Not adjusting stone evo learnsets to match mons that were in SwSh is just brutal. Curious to see what some of the new additions are but the loss of some things (like Jump Kick on Dodrio) make it kind of moot overall.

Bug Buzz and Nasty Plot have the only new learners, which as far as I can tell matches the old HOME leaks for their TRs 1:1

The ONLY usable Gen 8 moves are Body Press (Regigigas has it by level-up again, and Probopass has it too, awkwardly pasted on the end of its set lol) and Life Dew (learned by anything that got it in SwSh and nothing else).

NO
SNAP TRAP
CARNIVINE!

Do we know if we'll be able to transfer Pokémon from BDSP to Pokémon HOME and then bring them into SwSh ?
Since VGC will be in SwSh format, I'm wondering if it would be possible to have Pokémon which weren't available before in SwSh format (like Gliscor, Staraptor, Inferanape etc..). Would be kinda dope for ou 6v6 format not gonna lie..

For those wondering about multi-player, it has been shown for a while now on both the website and the box cover that it'll be a 1 player game.

By the way, GTS has been replaced with GWS (Global Wonder Station).
Huh? We've known for a long time that you can trade & battle & meet up in the underground (& Contests, presumably)

Do we know if we'll be able to transfer Pokémon from BDSP to Pokémon HOME and then bring them into SwSh ?
Since VGC will be in SwSh format, I'm wondering if it would be possible to have Pokémon which weren't available before in SwSh format (like Gliscor, Staraptor, Inferanape etc..). Would be kinda dope for ou 6v6 format not gonna lie..
The only information we have is that Home compatibility will come at some point in 2022 for both BDSP and L:A.

Whenever this compatibility will be one-way only or two-ways, we have no infos about.

(Spoilers, I'm quite confident it'll be a Let's Go case of one way only)

Home compatibility will be added some time in 2022 (same time as Legends Arceus gets Home compatibility).
SWSH compatibility has not been confirmed or deconfirmed yet, though i'd be a little surprised if there wasn't a complimentary update to go with it.

Does the presence of things like Deoxys in data dumps imply that it and e.g. Arceus will be available ingame? I haven't been keeping up on availability of mythicals and past gen ubers.

(Related to which, did any ubers mons get any notable moveset changes?)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
I've been scrolling the pastebin for several hours trying to find new movepool additions for competitive. These are all of the ones I've been able to find. If you find any more, please post on my wall and I'll add them here.

New Movepool Additions:
:arceus: Healing Wish
:ariados::spinarak: Bug Buzz
:beautifly: Leech Life [:silcoon::wurmple: don't get]
:cacturne::cacnea: Assurance
:camerupt::numel: Flame Wheel
:chatot: Parting Shot
:darkrai: Confuse Ray
:deoxys: Switcheroo, Toxic Spikes
:delcatty::skitty: Baby-Doll Eyes, Fury Swipes, Nasty Plot
:dodrio::doduo: Leer, Lunge, Wing Attack
:dustox: Leech Life [:cascoon::wurmple: don't get]
:electrode::voltorb: Thunder Shock
:empoleon::prinplup::piplup: Charm, Water Gun
:fearow::spearow: Wing Attack
:floatzel::buizel: Bite, Tackle, Tail Whip
:forretress::pineco: Bug Buzz
:furret::sentret: Growl
:gligar: Mud-Slap [:gliscor: already gets]
:grumpig::spoink: Confusion, Growl
:grumpig: Nasty Plot [:spoink: doesn't get]
:honchkrow::murkrow: Gust
:hypno::drowzee: Mind Reader
:kecleon: Detect
:luvdisc: Baby-Doll Eyes, Tearful Look
:manaphy: Water Gun
:masquerain::surskit: Soak, Supersonic, Water Gun
:medicham::meditite: Pound, Psybeam
:mightyena::poochyena: Nasty Plot
:mismagius::misdreavus: Confusion
:muk::grimer: Smog
:phione: Water Gun
:pineco: Autotomize [:forretress: already gets]
:plusle: Skill Swap
:probopass: Body Press
:raticate::rattata: Laser Focus, Sludge Bomb
:sentret: Blizzard [:furret: already gets]
:slugma: Sandstorm [:magcargo: already gets]
:stantler: Entrainment, Lunge
:sunflora::sunkern: Tackle
:torterra::grotle::turtwig: Leafage
:volbeat: Play Nice
:wormadam::wormadam-sandy::wormadam-trash: Dig
:wormadam-sandy::wormadam-trash: Giga Drain, Solar Beam [:wormadam: already gets]
:yanmega::yanma: Gust, Swords Dance

Pokemon that now get Rock Climb, that did not previously (in dex order):
:venusaur::blastoise::nidoqueen::nidoking::golduck::mankey::primeape::arcanine::poliwrath::machop::machoke::machamp::cubone::marowak::hitmonlee::hitmonchan::chansey::kangaskhan::electabuzz::magmar::pinsir::omastar::kabutops::snorlax::mewtwo::mew::meganium::typhlosion::feraligatr::ampharos::granbull::ursaring::blissey::raikou::entei::suicune::tyranitar::sceptile::blaziken::swampert::ludicolo::vigoroth::slaking::exploud::makuhita::hariyama::aggron::zangoose::regirock::regice::registeel::groudon::turtwig::grotle::torterra::chimchar::monferno::infernape::empoleon::cranidos::rampardos::munchlax::lucario::drapion::croagunk::toxicroak::abomasnow::electivire::magmortar::mamoswine::heatran::regigigas::giratina::giratina-origin::darkrai::arceus:

Big thank you to Kris for helping me ensure this list is complete.

Last edited:
Does the presence of things like Deoxys in data dumps imply that it and e.g. Arceus will be available ingame? I haven't been keeping up on availability of mythicals and past gen ubers.

There's a new post game area* where you can get several of the legendary Pokémon using stuff you mine from the underground.

It was also just confirmed that out-of-dex Pokémon is available once you reach the underground, so at least we can have a shake up to our party during the game.

*At this time no one has been able to access it. A lot of people think it's locked to the day 1 patch, though I just think it's because almost no one that I've seen has bothered with the underground and just pushed through the main story instead.

You're right. Maybe it's only referring to online play?
I imagine it's just referring to main game. As in there's no co-op

Ramanas park, a post-game location, seems to be an area to get various legendary Pokemon, so some might be there like Deoxys.

jirachi & mew are save file bonuses for SWSH & Let's Go respectively.

Arceus apparently has no encounter data at all, however. There's "met at " text thats' something like "A pokemon From Sinnoh's distant past" so honestly I can see them doing an Arceus give away around L:A's release just so BDSP players can have an Arceus

These level-up movepools suck.

With TMs being back to single-use and the lack of important TM options like Wild Charge, Icicle Crash, Play Rough, the Elemental Punches and Fangs, and Seed Bomb, I don't envy whoever runs this vanilla with no trades.

My boy Shinx still out there eating cereal with water!!! :psycry:
images (40).jpeg

Changed TMs from Gen 4:

TM10: Hidden Power->Work Up
TM21: Frustration->Dazzling Gleam
TM27: Return->Low Sweep
TM43: Secret Power->Volt Switch
TM49: Snatch->Scald
TM62: Silver Wind->Bug Buzz
TM63: Embargo->Nasty Plot
TM78: Captivate->Snarl
TM83: Natural Gift->Bulldoze

All of the removed moves where moves that was disabled in SWSH (except Hidden Power, which is Unown exclusive now).

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qpyl5e

... you know, I totally forgot about Dynamax Adventures. Failing to beat Zygarde in single-player must have caused my brain to block that memory.
...to be fair Zygarde is one of the hardest of the encounters to beat even with players so... :P

? I know it’s like those, it’s just you can already get all those past legends in this gen
Probably considering that BDSP wont have Home compatibility for a while, they wanted to still give a way to complete the pokedex before that.

A thoughtful addition, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)