bobertbojo2's first ubers team

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if my team was any good. I've only played competitively on pokelab, so I thought I might be able to get some feedback.

at a glance:
(was
, now
)(was
, now

Lead:

Groudon @ leftovers
impish nature
(was jolly)
evs:
252hp/6atk/252def
(used to be 252 atk/ 6 def/ 252 spe)
attacks:
- stealth rock
- thunder wave (was rock polish)
- earthquake
- dragon claw

I understand that it doesn't make much sense for such an offensively-based groudon to run stealth rock, but it really helps, even if it is only 12.5% hp they lose each switch. after I set up stealth rock, I either rock polish then sweep or switch to something to take care of the threat. EQ and dragon claw provide STAB and coverage, respectively.

The special sweeper:

Darkrai @ life orb
timid nature
EVs: 6 hp/ 252 spa/ 252 spe
attacks:
-dark void
-nasty plot
-dark pulse
-focus blast

straightforward Darkrai. I dark void for switch, nasty plot on the switch, then sweep with the nearly unresisted dark/fighting combo.

The physical sweeper:

ho-oh @ life orb
Adamant
(was jolly nature)
114hp/252atk/144spe
(was 252 atk/6spd/252spe)
attacks:
-sacred fire
-brave bird
-substitute (was punishment)
-roost

Sacred fire obliterates anything that doesn't resist it in the sun, and burns are annoying as hell. Brave bird lets me do something to Pokemon like Rayquaza. SubRoost is very annoying (so I've heard), and can have quite a bit of survivability. Roost is so that LO, SR, and enemy attacks can't kill it too fast.

The backup physical sweeper:

Scizor @ occa berry
Jolly nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 10 Spe
moves:
-agility
-Iron head (was bullet punch)
-bug bite
-pursuit

Agility boosts scizor's appauling speed, which is even worse with only 10 speed evs. However, after an agility, he can outrun things like lati@s, arceus with an EV restrictment, and a few other threats (as long as they aren't scarfed). Iron head is pretty strong after STAB, and agility means it could flinch a thing or two. Pursuit is strong after technician, and hits a lot of ubers for super-effective damage. Bug bite is used over u-turn as scizor will want to stay in more than switch out so that it can keep its agility boost. The occa berry means it can take some weak fire attacks, like HP fire.

The wallbreaker:
(was
)
Rayquaza @ life orb
naive nature
6 atk/252 spa/252spe
Attacks:
-dragon dance
-dragon pulse
-flamethrower
-dragon claw

Dragon dance boosts its speed to huge levels and its attack to an acceptable level, even without many EVs. Dragon pulse and dragon claw get STAB, and flamethrower hits steel-types like skarmory.

The spinner
(was
as a surprise)
Forretress @ leftovers
Sassy nature
Evs:
252hp/6def/252spd
0spe IV
Moves
-rapid spin
-toxic spikes
-payback
-gyro ball

Rapid spin is for spinning away the stealth rocks that kill ho-oh. Toxic spikes is helpful for wallbreaking; giratina is probably the only wall that has rest. Payback hits any spinblockers and the many psychic-type ubers for super effective damage. Gyro ball is very strong, since most ubers are incredibly fast and forrestress with the nature and IVs will hit a lot of ubers for a lot of STAB damage.

(was Jirachi @ damp rock
naive nature
164atk/168spa/176spe
Attacks:
-rain dance
-thunder
-iron head
-draco meteor
Rain dance is for thunder's accuracy, but can be skipped if the other team has a kyogre. iron head is (obviosly) for flinching things and STAB physical attack. Thunder is good for usually paralyzing things as well as wrecking kyogre, who is wrecked even more if it paralyzes it. Draco meteor hits the many dragon types of the uber tier super effectively, though unfortunately halves Jirachi's SpAtk, reducing its usefulness when trying to sweep. The speed evs let me ouspeed unboosted groudon and kyogre, though most importantly groudon. Since he is immune to thunder, I need to outspeed him initially to flinch him. )

Salamence isn't worth using without Rayquaza. Change it to DD Rayquaza, mainly because Rayquaza got better perks than Salamence. And on Groudon Lum Berry > Leftovers.

I seriously dont think agility should go with bullet punch on scizor, an adamant swords dancing scizor will be a much more effective sweeper. I agree with changing your salamence for rayquaza as a wall-breaker, since it has much higher stats and a better movepool. Your jirachi runs perhaps the strangest set i've ever seen, why not just forgo the rain dance+damp rock as Kyogre will be on most teams you'll ever see.

First off, weather leads should be slow and bulky. As the slower weather is the one to go up, as opposed to the faster weather. 2nd off, almost every other lead is faster than base 90s, so they'll still hit for massive damage, I'm looking at Skymin and Darkrai. Switch to a defensive Groudon, 252 hp/252 def/6 atk impish. Run twave/sr/eq/claw. The Darkrai is fine. Run a bulkier spread on Ho-Oh, such as 112 hp/252 atk/144 spe, adamant. Max speed Ho-Oh dies pretty quickly. Change that Scizor, priority and agility don't mix well. The choice bander will give you better insurance to Lati@s. 200 hp/56 atk/252 SpD adamant. Change the Salamence, it's doing nothing for your team, and you probably can't set up a dd without aid. Change it to scarf Dialga for the extra resistances, and the ability to SD ray, which can sweep this team easily if Groudon dies. Get rid of Jirachi, and use DD rayquaza, it provides an excellent back-up sweep, after Ho-Oh goes down.

Team needs forry to spin rocks so ho-oh isn't half dead when it switches in. Use over jirachi. Scizor's purpose is kinda useless and the set sucks so add in a kyogre counter to team or your team would die to it (use palkia or latias). Ray over mence as wallbreaker set. Individually, ray is just better as wallbreaker. Go sub roost on ho-oh as it is far more effective set and annoys hell out of everyone.

The pinch berry idea is bad, since Ho-oh is way too slow to utilise a Speed or Attack boost. Just stick to Life Orb for that matter.

As for the team itself, you're pretty Kyogre weak. Absolutely nothing can switch into Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spouts (only Rayquaza is 2HKO'ed) and your only way to deal with it is put it to sleep with Darkrai, so you need to replace something with Latias or Palkia, preferably Scizor since it doesn't do much for your team. I'd go with Scarf Palkia, since you lack a revenge killer and Palkia is pretty fast and hits pretty hard.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Sp.Attack/4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend
- Surf / Fire Blast

I'm not really sure if Surf is that good without Kyogre on your team, so you could go with Fire Blast to roast Steels. Regardless, you absolutely need Draco Meteor since Spacial Rend won't give you the KO's you need, however it's a reliable attack, while Thunder is for Kyogre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)