SS OU Blurry Vision - GBro Rain Support HO | Peaked 1800+

Greetings! I'm Shiox and this is my first RMT on here. The Team I will be showcasing is a fun, but still competitive Team centered around Slowbro-Galar with Rain Support. I've been hitting 1700-1800s consistently which is way higher than I used to be able to. Please bear in mind that I am still a new player in competetive, despite being around casually for quite a while. I do think that this team can do really well in the hands of a good player, but you will have to try it out and see for yourself :D

Building Process:

:slowbro-galar:
Starting off with an Idea I got from devin, I was really excited to build around this mon since I found it very unique and a lot of fun to play.

:slowbro-galar: :moltres-galar:
Another one of the regional forms of Galar that I really liked was Moltres. I decided to add it, since it synergizes very well with Slowbro-Galar, as it covers all of its weaknesses and makes for a strong offensive core.

:slowbro-galar: :moltres-galar: :garchomp:
In my opinion arguably one of the top Pokemon in the meta currently, Garchomp provided me with good utility as a Electric-Immunity; a lot of defensive Bulk, as well as a strong movepool with access to Stealth Rock paired with the ability Rough Skin to chip opposing Pokemon. The strong utility plus electric immunity was what made me add it to the team.

:slowbro-galar: :moltres-galar: :garchomp: :melmetal:
Seeing my large weakness versus Specially offensive Pokemon, I opted for this Behemoth of a Pokemon. Melmetal has acces to a strong offensive Movepool, a great Bulk, paired with its incredible 143 Base-Attack Stat. I opted for the standart AV set here since it fits what I needed for the team.

:slowbro-galar: :moltres-galar: :garchomp: :melmetal: :pelipper:
Wanting to support both Melmetal as well as Moltres-Galar, this Pokemon was an easy choice to make. Specs Pelipper hits like a truck and can also provide momentum in U-Turn. Being able to set up Rain is a godsend for this team so I didn't have to think twice abt its addition to the Team.

:slowbro-galar: :moltres-galar: :garchomp: :melmetal: :pelipper: :urshifu-rapid-strike:
Due to my underwhelming Speed for an HO team I opted for Urshifu, which filled the last slot perfectly. While Scarf Urshifu doesnt nearly hit as hard as its banded counterpart, it provides the team with great speedcontrol on top of the access to U-Turn and providing a check to Weavile. Under Rain, Surging Strikes hit as hard as the banded version and the overall benefits of Scarf Urshifu were just way greater than the ones with Choice Band.

:ss/slowbro-galar:
:quick-claw: Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw :quick-claw:
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
Quick Draw + Quick Claw is indeed a cheesy set but it can win almost unwinnable Match-Ups on its own with proper Luck. Nasty Plot is indeed nasty on this Pokemon due to its awesome movepool paired with a high SpA Stat. Quick Claw + Quick Draw provide approx~ a 50/50 to go first which makes it very unpredictable and hard to play against. If you play against it it is very hard to find the proper play and you have to risk the chance at some point, otherwise it will just go through your entire Team. Sludge Bomb is a great STAB with a additional 30% chance to inflict poison on the opponent. I put Sludge Bomb since it makes the Matchup vs Slowbro + Blissey way easier and unlike Ice Beam doesnt get walled by those two. Psyshock is mostly for Blissey but can also do great damage vs Special Walls if you need it to. Focus Blast being Focus Blast I still went for it since it is just way too good vs Steels and whatnot to drop it. Due to its great natural Bulk it can sponge most hits and with a Nasty Plot set up it can force a ton of progress in otherweise difficult Matchups (example here). 44 Speed EVs are to hit 107 Speed for Toxapex.

+2 252+ SpA Slowbro-Galar Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 301-355 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Slowbro-Galar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 310-366 (88 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Slowbro-Galar Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 254-302 (83.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Slowbro-Galar Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 322-379 (81.7 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Slowbro-Galar Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 433-511 (60.6 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Slowbro-Galar Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 324-382 (102.2 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Slowbro-Galar: 314-372 (81.7 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Slowbro-Galar: 284-336 (73.9 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Brave Bird vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Slowbro-Galar: 298-352 (77.6 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/moltres-galar:
:heavy-duty-boots: Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots :heavy-duty-boots:
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Agility / Taunt
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane

Moltres-Galar was the second Pokemon I added to the Team because of its great synergy with Slowbro-Galar whilst providing a ground Immunity as well as a switch-in for Shadow Ball. Double Dance is a set you probably have faced or will face at some point in time. Nasty Plot and Agility to setup for a Sweep and two Strong STABs in Fiery Wrath and Hurricane is all it needs to make large Holes in the opposing Team if not even sweep them all. While u can run Taunt vs more Bulky Teams I always go for Agility since every time I run Taunt on it I just wished I had Agility. Boots so you don't take damage from rocks, providing it with a better presence in the game as well as not taking a ton from switching into Shadow Balls. 136 Speed EVs let you hit 250 and 500 with Agility which is creeped towards Jolly SD Garchomp which hits 499 on +1 as well as Volcarona and Swift Swim Seismitoad. 120 HP EVs lets you sponge quite some hits as well.

+2 252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Fiery Wrath vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Heatran: 204-241 (52.8 - 62.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 262-309 (76.1 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Moltres-Galar: 67-80 (19 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Moltres-Galar in Electric Terrain: 254-302 (72.3 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Garchomp Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Moltres-Galar: 270-318 (76.9 - 90.5%) -- approx. 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 280-331 (78.4 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:ss/garchomp:
:rocky-helmet: Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet :rocky-helmet:
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect / Endure
- Earthquake

Functions as a role compressor in Hazard Setting and Electric Immunity for the team. Stealth Rock to support the other offensive Pokemon on the team to better break down opponents. Toxic as a way to set a timer to fat pokemon, especially flying types like Zapdos or Pokemon like Rotom-Wash. Protect arguably the better choice since it gives you the ability to scout choicers like Lele and switch accordingly after, I highly recommend Protect. EQ the basic STAB, I dont think I have to explain that one ^^. Rocky Helmet for great chip on pokemon like Urshifu-Rapid-Strike or U-Turn Users. 56 Speed EVs to hit 254 Speed to outrun Modest Heatran, rest in HP and Defense for Bulk. Be aware of other Toxic Users since they limit the longevity of Garchomp greatly.

:ss/melmetal:
:assault-vest:
Melmetal @ Assault Vest :assault-vest:
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Standard AV melmetal Set, there isnt that much to say to it besides that it provides a Steel Type for the team as well as being the major Special Wall for the Team. It is supported Well by Rain and can live most Special hits very comfortably, while providing great offensive Pressure as well. Double Iron Bash as its signature move is just super strong and hits every non resists like a truck. Earthquake to hit other steel types and mons like Pex. Ice Punch for Lando and Chomp. Thunder Punch to hit bulky Water types and Corviknight. 107 Speed to outrun Toxapex.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 103-123 (23.2 - 27.7%) -- 76.7% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal in Electric Terrain: 145-172 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 248-292 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

116 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 158-188 (45.9 - 54.6%) -- approx. 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:ss/pelipper:
:choice-specs: Pelipper @ Choice Specs :choice-specs:
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane

- U-turn
I think my biggest Trauma is switching into this Monster and for a good reason. This Devil disguised as a Pelican will tear apart your entire team if you dont make the proper switches. every STAB on this hits like a truck; 100% accurate Hurricanes are a nightmare to deal with and U-Turns just for it to switch into urshifu or the likes wouldn't be something I would wanna deal with if I had to play against this. Functioning as the teams Rain Setter it is very vital to keep it healthy. 40 HP let it switch into rocks 5 times instead of 4 and 216 speed EVs creep common 219 speed users like Aegislash and modest specs Magnezone, which this team has a hard time against since it volts for free otherwise

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 154-183 (43.7 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal in Rain: 225-265 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal in Rain: 205-243 (46.2 - 54.8%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 301-355 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 190-225 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 175-207 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro in Rain: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 230-272 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
:choice-scarf: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf :choice-scarf:
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Rounding out this team with a good Speed Control we have scarfed Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Under Rain it hits almost as hard as the banded version (at least on Surging Strikes) and still hits a lot of necessary calcs with scarf. Surging Strikes and Close Combat as the main STABs. Ice Punch is mainly there so u don't auto-lose to SD Garchomp as well as it being able to hit Dragapult better. U-Turn for momentum and Jolly Nature vs especially Hail MU in being able to outrun Arctozolt etc. This Pokemon just fits very well with the team overall as well as providing a check to Weavile. I found it very fitting and it does its job very well.

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian in Rain on a critical hit: 342-405 (94.4 - 111.8%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 344-408 (96.3 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 206-244 (64.9 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko in Rain on a critical hit: 324-381 (115.3 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight in Rain on a critical hit: 207-246 (51.8 - 61.6%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora in Rain on a critical hit: 354-423 (111.6 - 133.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos in Rain on a critical hit: 324-381 (100.9 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Threat List:
(there are ways around all of those and you win each and every one of those if you make the right plays, this just serves as a collection of those that are hard to deal with)

:ss/garchomp:
SD Garchomp can destroy the entire Team if you arent careful. If you anticipate it being SD you might have to pull hard urshifu and the SD and Ice Punch and hope it kills. otherwise theres also the option of gmoltres which lives +2 Scale Shot and hits back hard with Hurricane, although not OHKO range. If everything else fails u can try and click raw psyshock with GBro and hope for the best.

:ss/tyranitar: :ss/ninetales-alola: :ss/torkoal:
Weather Setters are a pain to deal with. Pelipper is very good vs Torkoal, on tyranitar u have to Hydro sometimes on the switch and theres melmetal for Nintales. Hail MU is fine since u have melmetal and scarf shifu, Sun and Rain can get a bit tricky but its doable.

:ss/volcarona:
While you have a lot of answers to it, with enough QDs it can get out of hand pretty quickly nonetheless. Id recommend trying to get up Rain and throw in melmetal on it. Just dont let it get too many boosts up and you should be alright.

:ss/tapu-koko: :ss/tapu-lele: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/tapu-bulu:
There are ways to beat the Tapus but they can still be a huge threat to the team. Basically for all of them besides Bulu, keep your melmetal healthy and scout with chomp and you should be fine. For bulu just go into GBro and you should be good, just be aware of those 4.

:ss/blissey: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/clefable: :ss/slowking-galar:

Fat Builds with a mixture of 3/4 of those Pokemon are really hard to beat if ur opponent plays well. U can try forcing pelipper or cheese with slowbro, but if u want a better matchup, tho, I recommend going Taunt over Agility on Moltres. If you do so make sure to run 254 speed instead of 250 and you should be good.

:ss/melmetal:

this mon can be a huge Threat, especially the ice punch variant. If its paired with an electric type on the same team you kind of have to save melmetal and garchomp. It will require some mindgames vs this but its definitely doable to beat it.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
:ss/moltres-galar: :ss/garchomp: :ss/slowbro-galar: :ss/pelipper: :ss/melmetal: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:

The Team: Blurry Vision
My Nicknames: Hello there :D

I'd like to thank you all for reading my first ever RMT and I hope you like the team ^^

s/o to my homies from the Phantom Troupe, especially
devin (sad ban ;c) as well as Empo for motivating me every time to get better at the game, playing- as well as building-wise. love all of u guys <3.

Please make sure to provide me with some Feedback and improvements since I dearly want to improve at the game as well as building teams. I appreciate everyone helping me in one Form or another. (also excuse my bad english please >.<)

Last edited:
Hi Shiox! Welcome to Smogon!
I just got to take a closer look at this team to give you a proper opinion about it.

According to what you expressed in the intro, I'm going to assume you built the team around Quick Draw Slowbro-G: for this specific Pokémon and set, it would have been a good idea to go for a Dual Screens Hyper Offense, because Screens support creates more reliable setup scenarios and also mitigates the luck based nature of the set by providing extra bulk in case neither Quick Claw nor Quick Draw activates. HO also plays more akin to the all-or-nothing nature of your main Pokémon as it's difficult to create more than one setup opportunity for it. Galarian Moltres also fits perfectly into an HO archetype and can take advantage of Slowbro's weakness to Specs Shadow Balls for a potential setup opportunity of its own.
However, doing this would necessitate a complete overhaul of the rest of your team, which is not what you asked for. Take this just as a suggestion: try QuickBro on Dual Screens HO.

Now, the actual team looks very fun to play and it's a nice spin of the usual Rain structure. However, slapping Pelipper and Urshifu on a team structure not equipped to sustain a Rain core definitely leaves some holes defensively.
The main issue are definitely Electric types, Zapdos and Tapu Koko in particular, as they can rip your team to shreds with little effort. I honestly believe you are better off using Landorus-T, purely due to its pivoting capabilities. Your Rain core should allow you a safety net against Heatran and Volcarona, which means you don't need Garchomp's Fire resistance. Most importantly though, as stated before, Landorus-T can provide a slow U-turn which allows for great positioning for your offensive core. In an HO team I don't think you need Toxic, which means your Stealth Rock Landorus-T could run Earthquake - Stealth Rock - U-turn - Protect, with Leftovers. If you are deathly scared of Volcarona, run a Rock move over Protect.

As you pointed out, the team is also quite slow and relies on luck with Slowbro or surprise factor with Urshifu. This might save you some games but it's not a consistent strategy. My brain is too fried from a terribly long day at work to actually make appropriate suggestions, but this offensive team feels like it can be pressured really easily by faster teams and powerhouses such as Kartana, due to the overall low speed. I think my main issue is how you deal with faster opponents, as Scarf Urshifu isn't guaranteed to safely take on Swords Dance Garchomp or Offensive Volcarona due to it being slower than both and even against Bulkarona is really risky to switch it in because +1 Psychic destroys it, while Slowbro is, again, very unreliable as a form of speed control.

tl;dr :garchomp: >>> spdef :landorus-therian: (eq rocks uturn stone edge/protect @ rocky helmet/leftovers)
try screens ho with alolan ninetales as a setter, landot as a rocker pivot (eq rocks turn explosion @ rocky helmet), slowbro, moltres, two filler mons (maybe another setup + a scarf cleaner)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)