Blue Moon

(Found a better size)
I don't have a habit of posting RMTs nor even visiting these forums. This may be the only RMT I ever make and I plan on sticking around for a long while. What pushed me to make this RMT was because this team ended up being so bizarre and fun, for me at least. It was also because this RMT and a few others helped me to learn the basics of Pokemon and I've always wanted to contribute in the same way.

Team Building Process:
Anyways, this team was born out of my desire to expand into new builds of stall that weren't already made by Syrim or Donkey nor used the Heatran and Grass Arceus core. I also was particularly annoyed with Ho-Oh so I wanted to have this stall team use Rock Arceus that way I could give it a big fuck you every time it was sent out. I typically build my Ubers stall by gathering a bunch of checks to what I consider the biggest offensive threats (Zekrom, Mewtwo, Latios, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, and Palkia) while trying to include basic stall utilities (Spikes, Ghost-type, Stealth Rock, and Rapid Spin) and then polish that up with set changes to cover all the other notable threats. I'm sure others build their stall in a completely different and more effective way but that's just how I build mine so, if it helps, feel free to do the same.

Following this formula, I found that I couldn't build a stall team that I was satisfied with using the standard Ubers Pokemon. So I decided to look for new Pokemon that could check enough of the seven major threats. I came across Umbreon who was capable of checking most Mewtwo variants and CM Draco Latios (another Pokemon I was frustrated with at the time). Although this is very similar to Jirachi, Umbreon had the advantage of not requiring rain to do so (which means I only dedicate one slot to check the two Psychic-types) and he also had things like Taunt and Foul Play to not be as reliant on further team support.

With these two assumed, all that remained for me to add were checks to Zekrom and the Water-types, Palkia and Kyogre, as well as Spikes, Rapid Spin, and a spinblocker. I was certain that I wanted to add Giratina-O because I also like to have a Ground immunity somewhere, particularly for Groudon. Afterwords, things got a bit more tricky. At the time, I felt weather was a necessity to handle the dangerous weather sweepers in the metagame. However, I realized that the only weather sweeper dangerous enough to really warrant this was Excadrill. Which is why I decided to add Skarmory, who also had the benefit of providing Spikes for my team. Excadrill fit easily afterwords as he checks Zekrom and is a reliable Rapid Spin user. All that remained was for me to find an answer to Choice Specs Kyogre and rain Palkia, which is very demanding. I first considered Gastrodon but then I would be without an Ice resist and very vulnerable to Ice Beam spam. Since nothing in the currently used list of Ubers fit this hole, I decided to look again for something new and found Vaporeon. This build required a fair amount of polishing but, despite the unorthodox members, I managed to find sets that removed the majority of my weaknesses. The interesting bit is that this team ended up with completely custom movesets, the closest thing to standard is my Rock Arceus.

Team at a Glance:

Caution: All my EV spreads are bullshit. I put the basic/standard EV spreads to hide my creep and special defensive tweaks. (Although I ripped Excadrill's spread from Syrim's post in the Ubers Teambuilding thread) I strongly encourage you to experiment with your own spreads and add your own speed creep. Hell, feel free to mess with the movesets or mons as well, this is just the build I like playing with.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Wish
- Protect

Set explanation:
The star of my team. Foul play 2HKOs Latios and Mewtwo making Umbreon an excellent check to even CM Latios and Taunt Mewtwo. It also hits Genesect for meaty 40% minimum which is enough to make sure Genesect only switches in like that once. Taunt helps against Ferrothorn and Forretress while pestering stall teams in general. Wish heals Umbreon and heals his teammates so I can go directly into a check without fear of my check getting worn down or being unhealthy enough to serve its purpose. Protect allows Umbreon to profit from his own Wishes but also to grab some clutch recovery like after switching into Mewtwo's sun Fire Blast or Aura Sphere.

Role on the team:
Umbreon makes up part of my Eeveelutions special wall core. Because of Taunt, I favor Umbreon when up against Stall teams as he can prevent me from falling behind in the hazards game and can just be a general pest. Umbreon is the hardest thing to switch into on my team as Foul Play punishes any strong physical attackers while Taunt prevents status. He also combos with Excadrill to take down Steel Arceus as Taunt can prevent Steelceus from burning Excadrill long enough for it to lose to his Earthquake spam. Umbreon's Wish passing makes it a lot harder for the opponent to wear my team down without focusing their pressure on Umbreon himself.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Set explanation:
An almost standard support Rock Arceus. Will-O-Wisp is standard fare for Rockceus because no Fire-types would dare switching into Arceus's Judgment. It's also really important for burning Ferrothorn and Groudon, two threats that would be extra annoying if they didn't have their attacks crippled and health whittled away. Stealth Rock is sort of unusual for Rockceus as it typically prefers Grass Knot in the last slot. However, I needed Stealth Rock somewhere and I actually like it on Rockceus even though it's forced. Rockceus finds plenty of opportunities to set it up against standard sun (Ho-Oh, Groudon, Anti-SR, Kyogre check, Ghost-type, Revenge Killer) which is arguably the most important team type to have SR up against as their focus is on abusing Ho-Oh to it's maximum.

Role on the team:
Arceus-Rock is the most team match-up reliant member on my team. It's really valuable when I'm playing against Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, or sand teams. Otherwise, it's sometimes nothing more than just a body bag or backup check to something. If I see that I won't need it, I'll often just abuse its Speed and general bulk to go for a suicide SR early on so that I'm not pestered by something like a Genesect.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell / Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Set explanation:
This Eeveelution is focused more on team support than self sufficiency. Toxic gives me a way to cripple CM Arceus formes as well as general damage. Heal Bell is also something I can't really afford to fit on Umbreon but it's really nice to have for Thunder paralyses and random Toxics. It also helps out with Darkrai as I can "sack" anything I won't need early game knowing that I can use Heal Bell once the Darkrai is dead. However, you can get away with running Scald, instead, which helps a lot when playing against Tornadus(-T). Wish + Protect is the only reliable recovery Vaporeon has but it's also really valuable to have a second Wish passer. It's a lot harder to pressure both Eeveelutions which allows one of them to get away with passing the Wishes to a friend instead of keeping it for himself.

Role on the team:
The other half of my Eeveelutions core, Vaporeon covers what Umbreon can't. Vaporeon has no problem with the rain-boosted Hydro Pumps and Water Spouts that could bust Umbreon's special bulk. He also has a good typing for Toxicing the majority of the CM Arceus formes. However, Vaporeon is major Spikes fodder so I try to keep him away when playing against Stall, at least until their hazard setter dies off. Against more offensive teams, I tend to prefer using Vaporeon because Genesect's U-turn only maxes at 62% which is easily shrugged off by Wish + Protect.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes

Set explanation:
Credits to lousy#s for the Rocky Helmet Skarmory. I first saw it used in one of his RMTs and ever since it's a set I like using when I feel I'm weak to Excadrill or want to pester Forretress and Genesect. The moveset is nothing special, I opt for Taunt because I hate being Spikes fodder and I don't need Toxic thanks to Rocky Helmet.

Role on the team:
Having Spikes is vital for a Stall team and Skarmory is my favorite Spike setter. He's just reliable at doing the job, there's almost always something on the opponent's team that he can setup layers on. He's also pretty self sufficient, he's not fodder for other hazard setters because of Taunt, he has Roost to keep himself healthy, and he has Whirlwind to punish switches and screw with anything ballsy enough to try to setup on him. He's also useful for forcing Grass Arceus and Steel Arceus out until I can hit them with Toxic (Grassceus) or trap them in a last mon scenario with Excadrill. (Steelceus) My only complaint is that he is vulnerable to Choice Specs Kyogre, if my team wasn't already somewhat stall weak I would drop Taunt in favor of Protect.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 96 HP / 136 Atk / 200 SDef / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Set explanation:
I just love Excadrill, he's so flexible. I've gone through like a million set changes between him and Giratina-O, and although they didn't work out for this team, there are definitely some sets that I will reuse on different teams. On this team I wanted Excadrill to be able to cripple Grass Arceus with Toxic, which works out because the move also dicks with Ghost Arceus. I also wanted Excadrill to counter standard Gliscor because I needed one someplace. Air Balloon allows him to do so while also giving him an immunity to Spikes. This extreme hazards resistance on my Rapid Spin user helps out a lot with my stall weakness, even if Excadrill needs hazards support to break their bulky Ghost-types. Protect is really helpful in easing prediction by scouting Choice Specs Kyogre's attack and also allows me to use Excadrill as my U-turn tank when needed.

Role on the team:
Excadrill's primary roll is to use Rabid Spin, of course, but he also does me quite a few other favors. He's a Zekrom check that can stop him from taking momentum with Volt Switch and general Thunder immunity (cause fuck that move). It's also really nice to have something that can smack Dialga and the other Steel-types, that are resistant to my passive damage, with a meaty Earthquake. That strong Earthquake also helps the team out with stall breakers like Steel Arceus (haha, fuck you Sub Steelceus) or Dark Arceus.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Set explanation:
This is a set that Donkey and I made for another team that I decided to use on this one when he pointed out how well it would fit. Shadow Sneak is unusual for RestTalk Giratina-O but it's great for teams that are slightly weak to Mewtwo and/or Latios that need to be able to shrug off status. It does mean that it can't do much to Excadrill but I have Rocky Helmet Skarmory to pseudo-spinblock him. It also can't fast phaze Spikers like the standard RestTalk variant (at least, not without being extremely lucky) but the meatier Dragon Tail and status immunity is usually enough to dick with stall when supplied with enough hazards.

Role on the team:
I needed something to patch my CM Mewtwo weakness as well as handle defensive Kyogre variants. Dragon Tail is strong enough to 3HKO specially defensive Kyogre while the physically defensive variants are still at least getting forced out with a token 25%(ish) where it'll eventually fall to hazards or find itself in a last mon scenario against my Vaporeon. Although this set is more vulnerable to Spikes setters than a double phaze set would be, the stronger Dragon Tail makes up for this by being significantly more difficult for stall/defensive balanced team types to handle. Shadow Sneak actually helps me out against the defensive teams mine struggles the most with, those with RestTalk Giratina-O, by smacking their fast phazer with a Shadow Sneak when needed. (I also struggle with Giratina-A teams but this set can afford to creep much more than a Giratina-A can) Also, because I lack weather, Giratina-O serves as my main check to both Blaziken and Kabutops.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Wish
- Protect

Arceus (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 96 HP / 136 Atk / 200 SDef / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Giratina (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Why not Heatran/Grassceus?
This is a legitimate suggestion, I could very well remove Rockceus + Vaporeon for Heatran + Grassceus. However, besides the fact that I wanted to avoid using this core, there are a few reasons why I don't. Using this core would leave me much more vulnerable to Fighting Arceus, Darkrai, Omastar, and Tornadus(-T) as well as losing the interesting reinforced Wish passing dynamic this team has. However, in exchange, my team would be capable of handling CM and defensive Kyogre, Groudon, rain Palkia and Grass Arceus much better and having a better general matchup against rain stall.

Conclusion:
Feel free to rate and suggest any changes, regardless of what they change. This is actually a serious team and the Pokemon/sets used aren't gimmicks for gimmicks. If you can make this team better (while accomplishing the original goal) with standard stuff go right on ahead.

Also, seeing as this RMT is a rare and abnormal thing for me to do, I figured I might as well do another rare and abnormal thing: shout outs. Keep in mind that I'm not very good at discerning the line between "where's my name?" and "wtf, why did he mention me?" so since I hate doing shout outs out of fear of doing the former expect to see much more of the latter. If I do happen to forget your name when I shouldn't have, feel free to bitch at me relentlessly. Also, this list isn't in any particular order.
Enguarde: Lugiass :>
Dice: Dw, there's no Slowking
Furai: I know how much you enjoyed playing against this team ;)
Shrang: Is there enough protect?
Donkey: Did I do Eeveelutions right?
Blim: How is it that you win everywhere but URUC?
Edgar: Tsk, tsk, betraying your honor and pride as a tournament player to ghost another :p
Sweep: Stunfisk sux, my gimmicks are legit
Hack: I need you to spectate all my battles so you can predict more crits for me
Anik: Smodrone 4vr
Syrim: Thanks for you patience with me when teaching me ubers
Theorymon: You do ubers wrong
Jibaku: Carbink is amazing, shut up.
Jrp: fgt
Skylight: I'm willing to teach you ubers anytime
Cheruagent: See above, I owe you for RU
Charmander: I may be getting Melee again soon, make me good please
Mekkah: Dragonite <3 (yes I'm just as gimmicky in comp mons)
CaptKirby: thanks for showing me #tcg
Dtc: You should stop talking to tibot so much
Limi: Limey
Yilx: There's no liepards and no scald
Ganj4lf: I can't wait til the next CTP
Alexwolf: Forget about OU, ubers is the best :D
Faint: Looks like you are going to have to do something other than deo-s + ghost + 4 sweepers this gen
Cbt: Fairies forever
Manaphy: Did you read this whole thing with my squeaky voice in your head?
Electrolyte: Why is smogon down?
Malo: Hey
Trickroom: GyaraBOSS
Treecko: cute
Barry4ever: thanks for getting me on IRC
TheMantyke: thanks for all the vgc help
Eggy/mizuhime: you need to stop changing names, it's hard enough for me to keep track of even one :(
Molk: MoIk
Oglemi: I guess I should stick something excessively gay here so...
Hugendugen: Gliscor, gliscor, gliscor gliscorglicsor
Aurora: I can't figure out a way to get away with saying "calm the fuck down"
Novae: I'm always available to talk ubers :)
Novaray: Not like I could separate you from a list jrp was in
Nexus: Idk why people say you are mean
Dy8: You find the cutest plushies
Darknesscrusher: Man, school must have killed you
Pwnemon: Wobbles lost :(
Mocirano: You're cool
Mikel: wow very nice much funny
Macle: Yes, I'm a virgin. Uncut, too.
Alkinskdmjfs: How often are we actually on IRC together?
Polop: Standard dd ray sux
Frizy: #penis
Kyosuke_nanbu: Flutterby forever
Fireburn: FUCK HO-OH
Crackinskulls: Thanks for helping me out when I was trying to learn the bare basics of ubers
Guest 9378: You helped me out SO much when I was new, I miss you :(
TGMD: I don't know if I ever told you but I thought gr8astard was an alt you made after the 0ST9 drama...
Probs: is the boy
Steamroll: <butt> Melee_Mewtwo: steambutt
Dcae: Belly Drum Smeargle is OP

Last edited:
For my threatlist, I'm going to reuse the viability rankings just because they have a good order for relevant threats. (and because it's already in an good format for commentary) I stopped at Mid C Rank cause after that it just got silly.
S Rank
  • (Arceus-Ghost)
    Calm Mind: I have Vaporeon to Toxic it, Skarmory to phaze it, Umbreon to smack it around with Foul Play, and Giratina-O to pick off weakened ones with Shadow Sneak. Excadrill is also good at hitting it with Toxic when it tries to spinblock.

Swords Dance: Skarmory just lols his ass off. Umbreon can take a +2 Brick Break and destroy it with Foul Play. Rockceus can attempt the speed tie or tank the hit if healthy enough and burn it. Giratina-O can pick off weakened ones with Shadow Sneak. Excadrill is still good at Toxicing it when it tries to spinblock.

Support: It does support things which basically means do jack shit to my team besides being a shitty spinblocker for my Excadrill.
  • (Kyogre)
    Choice Specs: Is very scary and can effortlessly take a kill if I mispredict with it. Best thing to do is make sure to keep your Protect users in as often as possible so you don't have to make any tough predictions. Once it's weak enough you can relax some with Rock Arceus and Giratina-O. Make sure you pay extra attention in team preview to identify Kyogre's most likely set and who are going to be your key players so you don't accidentally sack something important. try to get hazards up as early as possible so that each time the Kyogre mispredicts, it takes significant damage for doing nothing.

Choice Scarf: A lot easier to handle. It'll suffer a lot from all the protect scouting. Vaporeon won't die to Thunder if you mispredict and neither will Giratina-O if it gets hit by an Ice Beam. Once Water Spout is as weak as Surf, Umbreon can actually counter it if he clicks Protect after coming in on a Surf.

Defensive: What's annoying is that it's hard to kill, specifically physically defensive. If it gets enough hazards up Roar will annoying. Giratina-O and Vaporeon should handle it pretty well, though. If you are good with predictions you can use Rapid Spin as it tries to Roar assuming Excadrill would retreat.

Offensive Calm Mind: Ugh, fuck these variants. If they have Thunder they'll be a total bitch to this team. You'll have to use whatever tools you got to play around it. Giratina-O, if healthy enough, can tank a boosted Ice Beam and punish with his Dragon Tail. Vaporeon can tank a boosted Thunder and Toxic, which will rack up fast with all the Protect spam. If your Excadrill has better speed creep you can hit it with a Earthquake or cripple it with a Toxic instead of practically sacking Vaporeon. Arceus-Rock easily outspeeds. Good thing these things are rare so you can bitch about getting CT'd if you play one. :>
High A Rank
  • (Arceus-Normal)
    Ekiller: Lol, this team is stall.

Wallceus: Unless it has Magic Guard it's not actually walling much here.

• (Dialga)
    Support: A strong SR setter but Excadrill has no problem coming in and squashing it with Earthquake or spinning away it's Stealth Rock, unless it runs Aura Sphere. It can't really do anything to Umbreon or Vaporeon so if you can hit Dialga with a WoW (which isn't too difficult since it's not threatening Rock Arceus with a OHKO and likes to switch into it too) you'll have no problem stalling it out.

Life Orb: Yikes, the power turned up. Fortuantely, it can't break Umbreon one-on-one without a crit even if it runs Aura Sphere. If it doesn't have Aura Sphere, you'll be totally fine. In the meantime, it takes damage from LO so it'll actually die off quickly unlike the support variant. If Dialga doesn't have rain to support it's Thunders you can sorta beat it with Vaporeon but it always seems to paralyze which is probably because you need it to hit with something in order to die. If your Excadrill is faster, Earthquake will hit like a bitch. Hitting it somehow with WoW will make it's life span a lot smaller.

Choice Specs: The good news is that it's Choice locked and pretty easy to react to once scouted. The bad news is Draco Meteor still hits like a bitch. It won't OHKO your Umbreon or Vaporeon with Draco Meteor, but it will still smash them for 63-75% which hurts. Excadrill can hit slower ones with Earthquake which is good news. The best thing to do is get Spikes up fast so that it won't be able to throw out attacks for free. Also, try to deny it as many free turns as possible by keeping the Eeveelutions and Excadrill active. If Giratina-O has to be brought out, just hope that your Dragon Tail doesn't drag the Dialga in. Rock Arceus can't do much but it can burn it with WoW which helps a lot and it can tank a DM if at max HP and then follow up with Recover spamming. It won't be able to stall out Dragon Pulses or Aura Spheres, however.
  • (Giratina-O)
    Standard: The lack of recovery makes this one of the easiest spinblockers for Excadrill to break so that is good news. You also have Rocky Helmet Skarmory to punish Dragon Tail spamming. Not too much on the team gives it a chance to Substitute either, only Vaporeon.

RestTalk: It's a hard spinblocker for Excadrill to break since they are sometimes bulky enough to shrug off Earthquake and Toxic won't bother them either. Beyond that (which is admittedly a lot) it isn't much different from the standard variants besides the fact that they tend to be weaker but last longer. Everybody on the team, except Vaporeon, still doesn't give it scot free tuns. Even Vaporeon won't be too bothered by the weaker Dragon Tail while he can still pass meaty Wishes to whatever gets dragged out.

Mixed: It's the same thing as standard except that it can surprise your Skarmory with Thunder/HP Fire, which is annoying but careful play avoids those scenarios.

CM: Not a hard spinblocker to beat and it has a hard time boosting enough to actually do damage without any good recovery. Only variants with Aura Sphere can being to be bothersome as the rest just get fucked so hard by Umbreon. Even with Aura Sphere, it can't 2HKO Umbreon at +1 with him switching in so a first turn response means Giratina-O is fucked.
  • (Groudon)
    Offensive SR: Giratina-O can check variants with Dragon Claw (the large majority of them) while Skarmory is a dick to those without a Fire-type move. Rockceus can cripple it with a burn. (watch out for Lum Berry) Umbreon can hit it with Foul Play as it comes in or tank an Earthquake to do so if it really wants to. (it can Wish stall poisoned ones) Vaporeon and Excadrill don't like staying in but they can hit it with Toxic/Earthquake as it tries to come in.

Defensive: A lot weaker so a lot easier to handle. Also tend to give up a coverage move for phazing so there's a fair chance it's total Spikes fodder for Skarmory.

SD: These variants tend to give up a coverage move for RP or something to be useful against offense. This basically adds Skarmory as a check although LO variants can hit annoying hard. Giratina-O is still a good first response. Air Balloon Excadrill also can pull off an easy Toxic or Earthquake since Groudon has to pop the Balloon first to hit it with Earthquake itself.
  • (Latias)
    Offensive CM: Can hit hard, especially CM Draco, but Umbreon can still take whatever she throws at him and 2HKO her with Foul Play. Healthy Excadrill resist her attacks and can hit back hard with Earthquake. Skarmory can phaze out those that opt for Psyshock. Giratina-O can pick off weakened ones. Vaporeon can hit her with Toxic as she tries to come in or setup.

All-out attacker: Can't boost up to hit as hard as offensive CM but has extra coverage. Too bad the extra coverage only helps her get around Skarmory and Excadrill while she gets extra fucked by Umbreon. (and now Vaporeon if she uses Grass Knot over Thunder/Psyshock) Rock Arceus can wall it in the sand but it's not doing anything back so she'll have to be Toxiced.

Defensive CM: Can now tank 2 Foul Plays but hits so lightly that she gets screwed over by Taunt. Vaporeon can also beat variants without Sub/Refresh.

Specially Defensive: All it can do is wall Rockceus and threaten Giratina-O if she's still healthy enough to tank a Sneak.
Mid A Rank
  • (Arceus-Fighting)
    Donkeyceus: Vaporeon and hard counters it. Gratina-O does as well if it doesn't run ice Beam. It's still important to note that it forces out Skarmory , Excadrill, Rockceus, and Umbreon. Umbreon can stall out ones that are Toxic poisoned, though.

CM: It pretty much buttfucks the entire team except Vaporeon who buttfucks it. Kinda leaves the team vulnerable to having all the pressure be on Vaporeon but that's hard because there's Umbreon to help out. This set is rare as fuck so it's not too big a deal.
  • (Deoxys-A)
    Hazards lead: Giratina-o can easily limit it to a single layer with Shadow Sneak. It'll get at least two layers on everybody else, though, so be careful that it doesn't get in on them for free. Hold back on Vaporeon and Skarmory until it's dead or too late to matter. It won't last long though so this isn't difficult.

All-out attacker: If you are playing expecting Spkes you probably won't notice that it has a 4th coverage move. Unless it's running LO, but then it'll be obvious what you are playing against and you can wall it with Vaporeon or pick it off with Sneak.

• (Deoxys-S)
    Lead: Giratina-O can 2HKO with Shadow Sneak. Excadrill can tank a Fire Punch and 2HKO with Earthquake or Spin the hazards it setup instead of attacking. Will basically play the same way as a Deoxys-A except that it won't be scary with strong attacks and can tank a judgment better.
  • (Ferrothorn)
    Spikes: Try to keep Vaporeon back as it's massive fodder for Ferrothorn. Giratina-O also doesn't want to come out early but once you get enough Spikes up you can be a dick to the, likely, defensive team with your strong Dragon Tails and status immunity. Arceus-Rock can burn Ferrothorn which helps out a lot in killing it so feel free to bring him out early on to setup SR. Once Ferrothorn is burned, though, you can't stack on any extra significant damage so just keep Rockceus out of play if you can. Excadrill is kinda situational. Probably best to not bring him out if Ferrothron is still healthy. For the most part, you should focus on Umbreon, who can still wall plenty, and Skarmory, who will probably have plenty of chances to gets Spikes up and phaze things around.

Choice Band: Lol, Skarmory.
  • (Forretress)
    Bulky Spikes: You want to keep Vaporeon out of play again if you can. Rockceus and Excadrill have free reign, though, so that opens up more options. Just keep in mind Forretress can use Rapid Spin so you'll have to decide whether or not it's better to limit it's Spikes or go to Giratina-O depending on the rest of the team and the situation. Also watch out for Toxic Spikes variants as that can be an annoying hazard to put up with.

Custap: You can usually tell that you are playing against this variant because the rest of the team is offensive. Same strategy applies as with Bulky Spikes except that Custap dies a lot faster, is supported with a different type of team, and often carries Toxic Spikes.
  • (Genesect)
    Choice Scarf: Skamory can handle everything Genesect would want to use besides surprise Flamethrower/Thunders. Fortunately, the massive amount of Protect scouting makes it difficult to pull off the surprise. On top of that, Genesect doesn't force out much. It can only scare Umbreon with U-turn, use Iron Head on Rockcues, and consider some Ice Beam on Giratina-O. What's annoying about Genesect is when it uses these handful of free turns it creates to bring something dangerous like Kyogre. Make sure to keep your Excadrill in healthy condition is you see the two together so that you can Protect scout Kyogre's attack choice.

Choice Band: This could now force out Vaporeon as well as Umbreon while dealing a sizable chunk to Excadrill with U-turn. This pretty much forces you to respond with Skarmory. The bright side is that Choice Band Genesect is extremely rare and unlikely to be paired with Choice Specs Kyogre. Even if it is, just passing Wishes to Excadrill as it eats the U-turn is enough to manage Genesect.

Ebelt: Basically the same thing as Scarf except that it's slower than Arceus-Rock and you can't Protect scout it's move choice. The surprise factor is the most dangerous thing about it.

• (Ho-Oh)
    Leftovers: Arceus-Rock has no difficulty with it. RestTalk Giratina-O can switch in and phaze it out if needed. Umbreon can hit it with Foul Play as it tries to come in and can tank a hit if needed. Excadrill and Vaporeon can hit it with Toxic on the switch-in.

Life Orb: It's a bit more difficult for Rockceus if it runs Earthquake but he still handles it fine. Giratina-O can't switch in on Brave Bird anymore and Sacred Fire can burn but he can still phaze it if needed. Umbreon can the same it does with Leftovers except it takes more damage if it decides to eat an attack. (obviously) Excadrill and Vaporeon can hit it with Toxic if they are good with predictions.

Choice Band: Earthquake can hurt Rock Arceus but it has to predict properly and not be scouted by Protect (which means clicking Earthquake when up against Gratina-O and Skarmory...) Giratina-O still isn't OHKO'd so it can phaze it if needed. Umbreon may survive a Brave Bird if healthy enough. Vaporeon and Excadrill can hit it with Toxic as it comes in and then Protect scout for an easy response.

Choice Scarf: Like Choice Band except not strong.
  • (Latios)
    All-out attacker: Umbreon can tank two Draco Meteors in a row if it was healthy when it switched in. Foul Play will hit back for 57-67%. Excadrill can switch in if it doesn't have Surf and smack it with Earthquake which hurts. Giratina-O can pick off weakened ones with shadow Sneak. Rockceus can wall Latios if there is a sandstorm.

CM: It's scarier because it can boost up to 2HKO Umbreon while Foul Play won't OHKO healthy ones. Excadrill can still check it if healthy enough. Giratina-O can pick off weakened ones Arceus-Rock can be used to tank a boosted Draco if there is sandstorm but because CM boosts SpDef it can't really beat Latios, just chip at it some unless it has Roost.
  • (Mewtwo)
    All-out attacker: Umbreon handles it pretty well, it can even switch into an Aura Sphere if it follows up with Protect afterwords. Giratina-O can pick off weakened ones with Sneak or even tank an Ice Beam and 2HKO it. Arceus-Rock can Recover stall variants that lack Aura Sphere or are in the sand.

Offensive CM: This variants is more dangerous because it can break Umbreon. Umbreon can still tank and attack, though, and hit back with Foul Play so that Mewtwo will be in KO range from Giratina-O's Shadow Sneak. Arceus-Rock can survive a boosted attack if it isn't Aura Sphere and deal about 30% chip damage with Judgment.

Defensive CM: Umbreon has no problem 2HKOing these variants even if they run Aura Sphere. Giratina-O is a good check to those that don't have Ice Beam and even if they do it can still tank a boosted Beam and 2HKO with Shadow Sneak. Arceus-Rock will end up being setup fodder but it can still put in some chip damage with WoW and Judgment and potentially put Mewtwo in a position where Giratina-O's Sneak will pick it off.

StallTwo: It annoys the team with Taunt and WoW but Girtain-O still doesn't have a problem forcing it out with Dragon Tail since Psystrike won't hit that hard. Giratina-O can also pick off weakened ones with Shadow Sneak. The burn spread can be annoying but Rest and Heal Bell helps a lot with that. Last mon scenarios are bothersome, though, because Mewtwo can spread burns to cripple the team's attacks and stall them out. Try to find a way to get status on it somehow so that you can rack up that passive damage. Arceus-Rock can keep smacking it with Judgment and hopefully force it to Recover when a Taunt wears off which opens Mewtwo up to a WoW burn. If Vaporeon has Scald it'll be easier to get a burn because Psystrike only does about 50% to Vaporeon and Mewtwo has to Taunt to prevent Toxic or healing. It might also be a good idea to let him burn Excadrill while you Rapid Spin so that you have more switching options. In any case, this set is rare.
  • (Palkia)
    Rain #penis: Vaporeon can handle it more or less well. Thunder variants won't always 2HKO even if they predict the switch in while Dragon Tail variants are going to have to have excellent prediction to stop Vaporeon from coming back in to profit from a Wish it started before getting phazed out. Once in, Umbreon can Wish + Protect stall Palkia and sometimes even throw out a Foul Play. It's still best to status Palkia beforehand so that you don't risk a critical hit as much. Arceus-Rock can outspeed (depending on your spread) and hit it with Judgment for a nice 40%. Shadow Sneak does about 30%.

Non-rain #penis: Umbreon and Vaporeon easily wall it. If the weather is sunny, Arceus-Rock counters it too.

Choice Specs: Protect scouting makes it easy to respond to. Vaporeon is generally a great answer as long as you avoid Thunder. If you scout it using a Dragon attack, you can respond with either Vaporeon or Umbreon although Draco Meteor will hurt. Skarmory and Excadrill can also tank a Draco Meteor if needed.

Choice Scarf: Choice locked and weak.

• (Rayquaza)
    Swords Dance: Arceus-Rock counters it.

Mixed (DD): Arceus-Rock has to be careful but he can still handle it pretty well. Skarmory can punish it once it's locked into Outrage. Umbreon can tank an attack and smack with Foul Play.

Choice sets: Arceus-Rock still counters them and you can scout their move.

Standard DD: Arceus-Rock with some defensive investment can tank a boosted Earthquake. Once locked into Outrage, (which is easy to force) Skarmory can punish.
  • (Skarmory)
    Standard: Pretty tricky to put up with because he's naturally faster than Umbreon and your own Skarmory will involve who creeped more. Unlike Ferrothorn, though, you can use Arceus-Rock without worries and even Excadrill can spam Rapid Spin on it if Skarmory isn't holding a Rocky Helmet. It's more difficult for Giratina-O to wear down with Dragon Tail, though, and Taunt will be annoying when you want to use Rest or Sleep Talk..

Custap: The most dangerous part is that this variant runs max speed. You'll want to rely more on Rockceus and throw out taunts when you expect Skarmory to switch into Umbreon or Skarmory. Excadrill also doesn't have any problems trying to spin on this Skarmory and it will likely be paired with a standard Giratina-O or Ghostceus. Fortunately, it also tends to die off early although a good player will know how to make it last long enough to be a pain.
Low A Rank
  • (Arceus-Grass)
    Calm Mind: The only common CM Arceus forme that Vaporeon can't easily Toxic. However, Vaporeon can still tank a boosted Judgment if needed and so can Excadrill. It's generally best to just punish Grass Arceus with Skamory and wait to deal with it later when you won't need Vaporeon or Excadrill to be healthy.

Support: Grass Knot variants get fucked by Vaporeon. Otherwise it's pretty much the same as CM Grassceus except that you'll want to use Giratina-O more than Skarmory because of WoW and Fire Blast. However, WoW variants are still major Spikes fodder for Skarmory and you can heal off a burn with Heal Bell afterwords.
  • (Arceus-Ground)
    Swords Dance: Dislikes Skarmory a lot. Also dislikes Giratina-O. Also, also dislikes Excadrill when Air Balloon is still intact.

Calm Mind: Same as Swords Dance except Ice Beam is somewhat mean to Giratina-O and Vaporeon totally fucks this variant.
  • (Arceus-Steel)
    Calm Mind: Can basically be separated into two groups: those with WoW and those without. The ones without are easily handled by Excadrill so just make sure you pass him enough Wishes to stay healthy. Those with WoW play similarly to Grass Arceus, you want to just keep phazing them out with Skarmory and Giratina-O until a last mon scenario. Then you just bring in Excadrill after Taunting Steelceus with Umbreon or Skarmory so that Excadrill can smash it with Earthquake.

Swords Dance: Skarmory? Lol.

Support: Treat it kindly, having Spikes fodder stick around is very useful.

• (Darkrai)
    LO Nasty Plot: The most bothersome variant for my team because it can boost up and hit very hard. Vaporeon still handles it preettty well, though, especially since he can use Heal Bell to wake up whatever was sacked to Dark Void.

SubPlot: It can use Substitute to bock Toxic form Vaporeon but now Skarmory can phaze it out and Excadrill can smash it with Earthquake. Even a +6 Dark Pulse only does 47% maximum to Umbreon so Darkrai will eventually be whittled down or, even more likely, run out of Dark Pulse PP because Taunt forces it to attack. Arceus-Rock can tank a +2 Dark Pulse and deal about the same amount of % damage back to Darkrai with Judgment.

Sub two attacks: Has Substitute to protect it from Toxic and Focus Blast to add to it's coverage but lacks Nasty Plot to break walls like Umbreon. Focus Blast is annoying but it's inaccurate, weak and has only 8 PP. Umbreon can either PP stall it so that Dakrai has no chance of breaking Umbreon at all. Umbreon can also try to setup a scenario where Darkai is under Taunt and without substitute so that Vaporeon can Toxic it. Skarmory can phaze Darkrai or help out with the Focus Blast PP stall. Arceus-Rock can also help out with this (especially if sand is up) and eat away at Darkrai with Judgment. Excadrill can tank a Focus Blast if absolutely healthy and hit back with Earthquake.

Double status: Vaporeon gives no fucks. It also eats away at it's own HP with LO which makes it easier for Umbreon to beat than Sub two attacks as Focus Blast still doesn't break Wish + Protect stalling. Rock-Arceus can tank a Focus Blast and hit Darkrai head on with Judgment. Skarmory can sorta Roost stall LO recoil but not that well. Giratina-O can tank a Dark Pulse and phaze Darkai out with a strong Dragon Tail.

Thunder: Vaporeon and Umbreon can Wish + Protect stall it into dieing to LO recoil. However, Thunder has a high chance of haxing vaporeon and it also KOs after Dark Pulse so it's difficult to bring him in. Umbreon handles this variant better but he has to avoid switching into Focus Blast. (Thunder is dangerous too but Umbreon can pull it off) Arceus-Rock can tank an attack and hit back with Judgment for a sizable chunk. Giratina-O can tank a Dark Pulse and phaze Darkrai out with a strong Dragon Tail.

Choice Scarf: The scariest thing about this is Trick but that's handled by Arceus-Rock or Giratina-o. Just make use of Protect scouting.
  • (Excadrill)
    Bulky: Basically you pseudo-spinblock with Skarmory unless there are too many hazards up that you don't want to replace, in which case Giratina-O can take Earthquakes fairly well and phaze. If Excadrill's Balloon is intact you can safely Earthquake, or just out speedcreep the other Excadrill. Arceus-Rock can burn him if you need to.

Sand: Iron Head variants hate Skarmory. Rock Slide avoids Rocky Helmet, though, and can hit hard with LO so it's generally better to just phaze out those variants rather than Roost stall. Air Balloon Excadrill can check Sand Exca if it doesn't have a Balloon itself. Giratina-O can tank attacks a few times and phaze.

• (Giratina)
    Defensive: A really hard spinblocker for Excadrill to break, it'll need hazards plus smart play to get around it. You are better off just preventing hazards from going up in the first place. Giratina-A itself isn't very threatening, it's vulnerable to Taunt and faster phazing as well a total Spikes fodder.

CM: Loses to Umbreon.
  • (Tyranitar)
    Tank: Spikes fodder for Skarmory, even Fire Blast doesn't hit hard enough and accurately enough to beat Skarmory's Roost stall. Excadrill's Earthquake hurts a lot and Arceus-Rock can burn Tyranitar.

Choice Band: Protect scout and respond. Skarmory takes advantage of Dark and Fighting attacks while Excadrill has a double resist to Stone Edge. Arceus-Rock can burn, too.
High B Rank
  • (Arceus-Rock)
    CM: Vaporeon handles this just like all the other CM Arcues. Excadrill can also it with Earthquake if Arceus's WoW is still locked by Taunt.

Support: Same as CM except that it can't boost.

Swords Dance: Skarmory and Balloon Excadrill do a good job. Giratina-O can phaze and your Rockceus can burn if it's faster.
  • (Gliscor)
    Toxic: Keep Excadrill's Air Balloon intact and you'll have no problems. If you lose it for whatever reason, just get rid of SR and switch spam between Skarmory and a sleeping Giratina-O.
  • (Heatran)
    Stallbreaker: Dislikes a fast Excadrill. Giratina-O can phaze it out with Dtail and Arceus-Rock can smack it Judgment. The Toxic poison it spreads isn't a problem because of Heal Bell.

Defensive: Pretty similar to stallbreaker except that it might not run Toxic and will rarely have Taunt, so you can use Umbreon.

Choice Scarf: Eeveelutions. Rockceus.
  • (Jirachi)
    Defensive: Exxcardill is such a dick to this thing. You can also burn with Rockceus and phaze it around with Giratina-O. Skarmory can Spike on variants without Thunder.

Scarf: Can be annoying with Trick but otherwise walled by everything except Arceus-Rock and is massive Spikes fodder for Skarmory.
  • (Kabutops)
    LO: Giratina-O can handle it fairly well and Skarmory can sort of Roost stall it some.

CB: Hits harder and doesn't die off as quickly but Protect scouting makes it fairly easy to play around. When in doubt just use Giratina-O.
  • (Kyurem-W)
    Choice Specs: Nothing likes taking a Draco Meteor. However, if forced, you can use Excadrill or one of the Eevveelutions. Make sure you set SR early and make sure you keep the Eeveelutions, Rockceus, and Excadrill active so that it never wants to come in. If you do have to use Giratina-O or Skarmory, be aggressive with your phazing and bitch about hax if Kyurem-W gets dragged out. If worse comes to worst, sack something and bring Rockceus in to revenge kill.

LO: Basically the same thing as Specs except that it won't mind clicking Ice Beam or Focus Blast (so use Excadrill less). It'll take more passive damage from LO but it may also have Roost which will be annoying at times.

• (Landorus-T)
    All sets: Basically the same thing as Groudon. The major differences are that Landorus-T gets fucked by Skarmory but also has U-turn which is prone to bring in Choice Specs Kyogre. Also, Lando is immune to Exca's Earthquake as well as Spikes and won't have a Dragon-type move for Giratina-O.
  • (Shaymin-S)
    SubSeed: Umbreon is immune to flinching and can use Foul Play to pop Subs. Skarmory can phaze and so can Giratina-O, somewhat, if a Substitue isn't up.

LO: Just use Umbreon, he's immune to flinching. Skarmory works too, especially if Umbreon gets an SpDef drop.

Choice: Protect, blah blah blah
  • (Terrakion)
    Choice Scarf: Skarmory can use Spikes on it. Giratina-O is immune to Close Combat and takes Stone Edges well. Excadrill can tank Stone Edges with Protect scouting.

CB: Scary, but Protect and Giratina-O can handle it pretty well. You only have to play guessing games if it comes in on Arceus-Rock, anyways. (unless you are faster than you just Burn it)

DoubleDance: Trickier because it's not Choice locked. It won't need to RP, either, so you'll just have to reply immediately with Giratina-O and Skarmory and phaze it out. The LO boosted attacks will hurt though.

SR lead: It can Taunt which screws over Skarmory but, otherwise, Giratina-O handles it pretty well.
  • (Zekrom)
    Choice Scarf: Protect. Excadrill can take it on well but Outrage nearly 2HKOs. Skarmory can punish it whenver it uses a Dragon-type move and Giratina-O can take Bolt Strikes well. Arceus-Rock can siwtch and and Reover stall sometimes even Bolt Strikes.

Choice Band: Use Protect, etc. Same thing as Scarf except it hits harder and Excadrill can be a better check if it outspeeds, otherwise, it dies to Outrage.

Mixed: Hard to fight, you ned to get Excadrill in and smash it. Fortunately, you wan't have to creep much to beat it and you can also use Arceus-Rock to check it.

All those other sets: Just get either Excadrill or Rockceus in so you can smash with Earthquake or burn it.
Mid B Rank
  • (Arceus-Dark)
    Stallbreaker: You can phaze it out with Skarmory. Excadrill can break it by using Toxic every time it Refreshes and spamming Earthquake, Darkceus won't be able to do anything but Recover and Refresh til you crit it. You can also PP stall Judgment with Umbreon. If it uses Substitute over Refresh, you can also Taunt right before busting the Substitute so that you can go to Vaporeon to Toxic.

Support: Watch out for Flamethrower. Just use Vaporeon to Toxic it.
  • (Arceus-Water)
    CM: Vaporeon fucks this so hard. Giratina-O can phaze it around as well.

Support: Still fucked by Vaporeon.
  • (Blaziken)
    SD: Giratina-O can tank it's attacks pretty easily and phaze or Sneak. Vaporeon, funnily enough, is light enough that Flare Blitz will hit harder if it's sunny. HJK will still hit hard but Protect fucks that so you can Toxic. Watch out for +2 sun Flare Blitz, though, those will OHKO.

Roar: Rockceus can tank a hit (if healthy enough) and smash with Judgment. Giratina-O can still hit with Shadow Sneak or try to abuse Sleep Talk to land on Dragon Tail. If you are good at predicting, you can Taunt on an ambitious Roar.
  • (Hippowdon)
    Defensive: SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES, SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN, DTAIL DTAIL DTAIL DTAIL
  • (Kingdra)
    Special LO: Gets wrecked by Vaporeon. Umbreon can Wish + Protect stall Hydro Pump. Giratina-O can sneak weakened ones.

Mixed LO: Same thing as special except that it can try to beat Vaporeon with Outrage. It won't though because he can still Wish + Protect stall it or just go to Skarmory to setup Spikes.

Choice Specs: Nice try.
  • (Tentacruel)
    Tspikes: Yikes, this thing can be a major pest to deal with. You won't be able to stop it from Tspiking, it just has too many opportunities. However, what you can do is make sure it only sets one layer before being forced out. Then, before it comes back in, you can spread the normal poison everywhere. It still sucks to have that passive damage but you at least won't have to worry about massive attacks from the teams Tentacruel is on and there'll be status flying everywhere, anyways. Once you do that, you can just Giratina-O to spinblock and phaze it around or Excadrill to pressure it with Earthquake. Rockceus can survive a rain Scald and burn which'll be very useful passive damage to have. It can't really do anything to a normal poisoned Vaporeon but it can still use Rapid Spin. Once the thing is dead, feel free to use Heal Bell and pretend nothing ever happened.
  • (Tornadus-T)
    LO: You'll really want to have Scald on Vaporeon when you play this thing. Otherwise, all you can do is bring Rockceus in everytime it tries to Taunt and force it out with the threat of Judgment. Giratina-O can survive a Hurricane and smack pretty hard with Dragon Tail, it can also pick off a weakened one (nice playing) with Shadow Sneak. If you can manage to beat the rest of the team and keep Rockceus healthy, you actually win. :o

Choice Specs: Shame this gets fucked by the Eeveelutions and Protect scouting.
Low B Rank
  • (Chansey)
    Blob: Umbreon fucks it with Taunt, Skarmory Spikes on it and fucks it with Taunt, Vaporeon can Toxic it and use Heal Bell. Excadrill can use the opportunity to Rapid Spin. Giratina-O gets free phazing.
  • (Cloyster)
    Shell Smash: Fuck.

Sash: Phew. This thing won't really be spinning on Rockceus nor breaking it, Skarmory, and Vaporeon. Even Umbreon can tank a boosted Spear and OHKO with Foul Play.
  • (Deoxys-D)
    Spikes: Yikes, this thing has lots of chances to setup Spikes. It's also bulky enough to laugh at Foul Play and Earthquake. However, you can creep your Excadrill enough to hit it with Toxic before it Taunts (shouldn't be hard, it Deoxys-D needs bulk) and he can also use Rapid Spin reletively easily. Giratina-O can also phaze Deoxys-D around when you get tired of seeing it there.
  • (Froslass)
    Spikes: Giratina-O can 2HKO with Shadow Sneak, just hope you don't have to put up with Cursed Body. Arceus -Rock can outspeed it if you want and hit with WoW and Judgment. (so you can play around Cursed Body) You can play mind games with Umbreon and Taunt as it Spikes or Foul Play as it Taunts. As annoying as this Spikes lead is, it's typically partnered with the easiest spinblockers for Excadrill to beat.

• (Garchomp)
    Choice: Protect + Skarmory = :(

Non-choice: If it doesn't have Fire Blast, it gets fucked by Skarmory. Arceus-Rock can also outspeed and burn. Excadrill can tank any attack if it still has it's Balloon. Umbreon can Wish + Protect stall if it doesn't have SD as well as hit back hard with Foul Play.
  • (Omastar)
    Sweep: Sorry, I got Vaporeon. I wasn't trying to counter team you, though.
  • (Tornadus)
    LO: Basically the same as Tornadus-T except it hits a lot harder. On the bright side, it doesn't have Regenerator to put up with it's SR weakness and is often slower than Rockceus (especially if you EV yours to always outspeed).
High C Rank
  • (Arceus-Electric)
    CM: EXCADRILL. Umbreon also works if you can somehow Toxic the thing.
  • (Arceus-Dragon)
    SD: Skarmory just destroys the poor thing. Balloon Excadrill can also dick with it. Rockceus can burn it if it decides to drop Earthquake.

CM: Vaporeon works for standard. If it runs Substitute instead of Fire Blast you handle it like you would Dark Arceus. (except you can't use Umbreon for PP stall)

• (Blissey)
    Blob: See Chansey

• (Lugiass)
    Defensive: Spike on it, Spin on it, Toxic it, Taunt it, whatever you want really.

CM: Omg DY8, this set is so bad. It loses to Eeveelutions :(
  • (Sableye)
    Prankster: This thing is a major pest, all you can do is use Rockceus. Fortunately, Rockceus easily 2HKOs it while it can't do much besides leave it with a burn that Heal Bell will get rid of later on, anyways. Also a lame spinblocker to Excadrill.
  • (Salamence)
    Choice Scarf: Protect, Skarmory, you get the idea.

DD: See standard DD Rayquaza.

• (Scizor)
    Pivot: Another annoying U-Turner. Good thing it does a lot less to Excadrill than the others. (watch out for the random Superpowers) On its own it's just another Spikes fodder for Skarmory.

• (Shiftry)
    Problems's awesome set: I'm not sun silly.
  • (Thundurus)
    Prankster: Unlike its brother, this genie is pretty easily handled Umbreon and Excadrill, even Giratina-O does a lot better job at tanking attacks.
  • (Victini)
    Scarf: Protect, Rockceus, and Giratina-O pretty much screws this thing over.

TR: Still hates Rockceus and Giratina-O. Also TR makes Umbreon faster than it. (unless it has used V-Create already)
  • (Wobbuffet)
    Shadowtag: Stupid shit, fortunately it doesn't do much besides get screwed by Taunt or phazing or something. I guess a smart one can lock one of my other Pokemon into a support move to give another Pokemon a free turn of setup but usually this team has bulky enough walls to handle whatever mon managed to setup.
Mid C Rank
  • (Arceus-Flying)
    Mono: Phaze it out with Skarmory. Rockceus can also spam Judgment on it til one of them crits. Umbreon can stop it's setup with Taunt and then bring in a Toxic mon.
  • (Arceus-Poison)
    Support: Spikes fodder, gets wrecked by Excadrill once you Taunt the WoW.

CM: Ugh fuck, this thing smashes Excadrill at +1 and is immune to Vaporeon's Toxic. If you can get a burn on this thing (thanks to Rocky), you can stop it's setup and recovery with Umbreon's Taunt and spam Foul Play on it. You'll be doing 30% min each turn (assuming you Foul Play otherwise it's just 12%) which'll force it to Recover once the Taunt wears off. Eventually you'll wear it down or crit it. You are better off attempting this when Poisonceus is the last mon so just find a way to burn it and then phaze it out with Giratina-O until Poisonceus is all that is left.

• (Arceus-Psychic)
    Support: Do what you do with every other support Arceus, Spike on it with Skarmory and Toxic it with Vaporeon.

CM: Toxic from Vaporeon screws it, although Psyshock hurts. You can also phaze it with Skarmory and Giratina-O. Umbreon can 2HKO with Foul Play although boosted Focus Blasts kinda hurt.
  • (Beartic)
    SD: Skarmory can phaze it. Vaporeon can Toxic it. Umbreon can tank an attack if Beartic is using Low Kick and then OHKO back with Foul Play. The most annoying bit is the fact that Beartic can Encore some recovery and SD to break Skarmory but it is still using LO, weak to SR, and Beartic. You'll probably never see it, anyways.

• (Cresselia)
    Defensive: Skarmory can Spike on it. Excadrill can spin on it. Vaporeon can Toxic it. Umbreon's Taunt shuts it down. Giratina-O can phaze it.

• (Kyurem-B)
    Choice: All it does is Outrage and get fucked by Skarmory. Also, Arceus-Rock can smash it with Judgment. Excadrill is immune to Fusion Bolt but is still 2HKO'd by Outrage. (which will always be faster)

Mixed: Arceus-Rock can even afford to switch into Focus Blast. If you force Kyurem-B to lock itself into Outrage, you can punish with Skarmory.

Hone Claws: Arceus-Rock still ruins the poor thing. Skarmory can still punish it's Outrages.
  • (Landorus)
    SD: Those sandforce attacks really hurt. Fortunately, Rockceus outspeeds and can cripple it with a burn but will die in the process. Excadrill can abuse it's Air Balloon to get a safe Toxic on it. Skarmory gets hurt badly but it can still survive a +2 Stone Edge and phaze Landorus out.

Scarf: Doesn't do anything but have Spikes thrown up all around it. Giratina-O can phaze it around and Balloon Excadrill can Toxic it. Even with sandstorm, its Earthquake can't break Umbreon's Wish + Protect.
  • (Ludicolo)
    Swift Swim: Too bad Vaporeon is too light to give a shit about Grass Knot. Also can't break Umbreon's Wish + Protect stalling. Giratina-O can survive an Ice Beam and phaze it out.

Rain Dish: That Leech Seed stall is annoying. It's still vulnerable to Vaporeon's Toxic, though. Umbreon can shut it down with Taunt. Giratina-O can phaze it out easily but that giant HP stat will give Ludicolo a lot of health through Leech Seed. Skarmory can Spike on it if it doesn't have Scald. Excadrill can outspeed and Toxic it but it won't like taking a Scald or Focus Blast to the face.
  • (Magnezone)
    Trap: It's a dick that traps Skarmory. Doesn't do anything else but that's pretty annoying all the same.

• (Mamoswine)
    LO: Skarmory just walls it, until Mamoswine flinches it of course. Probably better off just phazing it rather than risking the eventual flinch. Umbreon can also Wish + Protect stall Mamoswine or just hit it with Foul Play. Arceus-Rock can outspeed and burn. Excadrill can outspeed (with the right spread) and hit it with Earthquake but, even with an Air Balloon, it won't like being hit back.

• (Reshiram)
    Everything: Unless it has Solar Beam, Reshiram can't break Vaporeon. Umbreon can take everything but sun Blue Flares and LO/Specs Focus Blasts. Arceus-Rock outspeeds and can crush it with Judgment. A well creeped Excadrill can bury Reshiram with Earthquake.
  • (Xatu)
    Magic Bounce: Doesn't really do anything besides block Skarmory's Spikes and force Vaporeon to go to a teammate. Seeing as Rockceus has no problem setting up SR in spite of Xatu, it's not really threatening.
Gyarados Rank
  • (Gyarados)
    Trickroom: I lose, gg.

Last edited:
This team is really neat, like a lot of stall teams it has trouble dealing with stall breakers (Taunt mainly), but Shadow Sneak Giratina and Wish pass/Heal bell help mitigate the weakness. If you are unable to build up momentum vs this team, you will lose in a war of attrition. Only suggestion would be to add SR on Excadrill and put Psong on Arceus-Rock so that you aren't as weak to CM Arceus / Kyogre, but unfortunately that means your team is left weaker to Kyogre because you lose protect on Exca. Also I think you need to run Scald on Vap or Ferrothorn spikes stacking teams are quite hard to deal with.

Yes, you did eevees right -- but do you have a replay of beating poppy with the team?

Last edited:
No :(

Scald is definitely appealing to have on Vaporeon, I'm trying to find ways to squeeze it on, like maybe put Toxic over Foul Play on Umbreon. (but then, yikes, Fightceus and Ghostceus) As for Perish Song, idk, which Arceus formes does it actually help me with? The most bothersome hit Rockceus for SE damage so it'll be hard to PSong. (steely, grassy) Although, I'm assuming the point was to open up a slot for Scald right?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)