Tournament BLT XI - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager: Glue
Assistant Manager: PrinceOfAllTacos
Team Name: Pawniard Penguins
List of Accomplishments: I Won BLT 6, Won ALT PL 2024, Top 8 WCOP Team UK
Poat has been apart in 5 BLTs and managing 3 of them. Poat is also currently leading his team the Tyranitars to play offs in RBEL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I am the Jose Mourinho of Smogon Managers.
Poat has plenty of experience managing in 3 BLTs and knows the player base very well.

With Hard Work, Character and Intensity.
I will ensure you that the Penguins will dominate the battlefield
View attachment 612585
We have Terrible news
It appears that the Pawniard Penguins have been ambushed out of nowhere by The Frogs
The Frogs are looking for new leaders and have appointed Glue and Poat as head of the council

Poliwhirl.png

Manager: PokeArt2004♥
Assistant Manager: Fluore
Team Name: Glaseado Glaceons

List of Accomplishments:

PokeArt2004❤ - I've participated in every iteration of BLT and TPP since 2019. I've managed in the past 3 iterations of TPP, made finals in my first year managing, and got 3rd place in the following 2 years, so as of now I've yet to miss playoffs as a manager. Despite not officially managing for BLT last year, I ended up taking up some manager like duties within my team (checking in on teammates, helping prep/scout, communicating with the other team's managers when needed) since my managers weren't always the most available. At least a couple of my teammates believed me to be one of the managers, and I consider that to be a small accomplishment as well.

Fluore - Fluore won BLT VIII as a Turffield Turtwig and has participated in some other iterations of BLT as well as TPP. He has also managed and drafted for many other team tours such as WCOP, RCOP, UWC, RUWC, NUWC, AG Winter League, BSSWC and BSPL to name a few. On top of that, his results are nothing to scoff at. He solo managed and won BSSWC and has consistently made playoffs amongst the other tours he has managed in. Being on the same team as me during last year's BLT, he occasionally took on some managerial duties as well, such as communicating with the other team and subbing players in.

Why would you make a Good Manager?:

PokeArt2004❤ - Since I've had 3 successful and fun years managing for TPP, as well as participating in the last 5 BLTS, I've been hoping for some time now to try managing in BLT as well. As a manager in the past, I've been able to help in creating a positive team environment and feel confident in my abilities to do so if given the chance to manage here. I also tend to be very attentive to my team chat and teammates and do my best to check on them to see how their prep is going/how they're doing. If they need help prepping, I provide them with scouts or I invite outside help with expertise in the tier. Since early February, I've had quite a bit of free time, and will likely continue to have a lot of free time in the next few months, so I'll be readily available and well motivated to manage in this tour.

Fluore - With his set of accomplishments, Fluore has shown himself to be a proven and very successful manager. He has also been able to foster positive team environments across the various teams he has managed. He is motivated and active in the team chats and does his best to support his players as well. Due to managing across a wide variety of tier specific tours and working alongside his teammates, Fluore is familiar with numerous gen 9 metas and is able to provide good support with building and test games. On the topic of managing a wide variety of tours, this makes him very familiar with smogon's player base, which will help us in planning and drafting a good team.

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: PokeArt2004♥
Assistant Manager: Fluore
Team Name: Glaseado Glaceons

List of Accomplishments:

PokeArt2004❤- I've participated in every iteration of BLT and TPP since 2019. I've managed in the past 3 iterations of TPP, made finals in my first year managing, and got 3rd place in the following 2 years, so as of now I've yet to miss playoffs as a manager. Despite not officially managing for BLT last year, I ended up taking up some manager like duties within my team (checking in on teammates, helping prep/scout, communicating with the other team's managers when needed) since my managers weren't always the most available. At least a couple of my teammates believed me to be one of the managers, and I consider that to be a small accomplishment as well.

Fluore - Fluore won BLT VIII as a Turffield Turtwig and has participated in some other iterations of BLT as well as TPP. He has also managed and drafted for many other team tours such as WCOP, RCOP, UWC, RUWC, NUWC, AG Winter League, BSSWC and BSPL to name a few. On top of that, his results are nothing to scoff at. He solo managed and won BSSWC and has consistently made playoffs amongst the other tours he has managed in. Being on the same team as me during last year's BLT, he occasionally took on some managerial duties as well, such as communicating with the other team and subbing players in.

PokeArt2004❤- Since I've had 3 successful and fun years managing for TPP, as well as participating in the last 5 BLTS, I've been hoping for some time now to try managing in BLT as well. As a manager in the past, I've been able to help in creating a positive team environment and feel confident in my abilities to do so if given the chance to manage here. I also tend to be very attentive to my team chat and teammates and do my best to check on them to see how their prep is going/how they're doing. If they need help prepping, I provide them with scouts or I invite outside help with expertise in the tier. Since early February, I've had quite a bit of free time, and will likely continue to have a lot of free time in the next few months, so I'll be readily available and well motivated to manage in this tour.

Fluore - With his set of accomplishments, Fluore has shown himself to be a proven and very successful manager. He has also been able to foster positive team environments across the various teams he has managed. He is motivated and active in the team chats and does his best to support his players as well. Due to managing across a wide variety of tier specific tours and working alongside his teammates, Fluore is familiar with numerous gen 9 metas and is able to provide good support with building and test games. On the topic of managing a wide variety of tours, this makes him very familiar with smogon's player base, which will help us in planning and drafting a good team.
same

Manager: Mada
Assistant Manager: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
Team Name: Tyrannical Tinkatons

List of Accomplishments: I have managed the Tinkatons multiple times and won 4 tours as manager. I have been managing in most of pls and side wcops last year, such as Teamballo, TPL, NDMPL, RWCOP, NDPL, NDWC, MWCOP, Mono BLT, UMPL, EPL, BSSWC, MPL and many else, missing playoffs only a couple of times out of tens of times. I have also played in a lot of other tours such as last 2 editions of BLT, TPP and NDPL, 3 of NDMPL, WCOP, ZUPL, WCOR, TPP, CAPPL, MWP, OUPL, RBYWC, ORASPL, ROAPL, SPL, BSSPL, HPL, AGWL, LCPL and a lot of other tours, where I've always been active in preparations and/or had good results. S1nn0h also has some managing experience in lowers/OM tours such as UMPL and ZUPL and is also an incredible player, notably going 11-1 in PU in last SCL.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have a lot of experience in managing in different tours with the same tiers and similar formats as in BLT and I have always done very well. I am always very active in preparations using my own made tools and we both have proven to have deep knowledge of most of the metagames in the tour. I also always make drafts based on meritocracy and I always give the chance to all my players to play. We surely have what it takes to be form a competitive team to try and win the tour while having fun.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Manager: Fc
Assistant Manager: Icemaster
Team Name: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos
List of Accomplishments: I won BLT last year and am 13-4 here lifetime playing multiple different tiers. I have also won SCL and a lot of other tournaments I have managed like UWTT and and OMPL. I also have strong individual results in lower tiers like Grand Slam semis so I can help out across all slots if necessary. Icemaster has won TPP a similar PS! tournament about 27 times in a row going strong and has also won many AG tournaments as a manager. He has also played in SCL in multiple tiers and done well historically.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are both very experienced in managing, I have managed more tournaments than I can remember now and also played in far more than that in pretty much every tier, so I can support almost anything as needed. We are a very adaptable manager pair, having won OMPL with little prior experience in the metagames due to making a strong team environment. We would now like to take our experience to BLT where we will try to make the best team possible to win.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: seroo
Assistant Manager: feen

Team Name: Virbank Vessels :ting-lu:

List of Accomplishments: I myself have managed this year alone a couple format world cups including ubers and dou. Apart from that I have also played in UU world cup and monotype world cup last year while also managing in UMPL and last years edition of TPP.
Feen has managed RUPL 3 times securing finals and playoffs , LTPL which he won and snake 2. He also played in the latest SCL with shoguns and the lates World Cup with Bangladesh. As far as tournaments he has played in UUPL , RUPL , NUCL, NUPL , PUPL, PUBD , ZU olympiada , monoPL , monoWPL and OMPL .

Why would you make a Good Manager?: We think we would mage good managers due to our wide knowledge of the tiers at hand, we both understand what it is to manage a team and the kind of environment and preparation that has to go into one. I myself am a member of the tournament community and also know the player base pretty well.
So in short , we are no strangers to managing and we have results to prove it.
Confirming

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Manager: 3d
Assistant Manager: Finchinator
Team Name: Operation: Ogerpon
List of Accomplishments: SPL XIV Finalist, SCL III Semifinalist, OUPL Semifinalist (Manager), BLT X Finalist, Overused Tier Leader, (Former) NU Tier Leader, NUCL Finalist, PUWC Semifinalist, UbersWC Semifinalist (Ongoing), SSPL Winner, BWPL Winner, TeamBallo 2023 Winner, PTPL Winner, RoAPL Winner, and many more.

I have been an active member in the tournament scene for about a year and a half now. I have interacted with many people throughout this time and have an excellent grasp of the notable players in many different tiers. This is exemplified in my participation in tournaments that diverge from Overused. PUWC, UbersWC, and NUCL are all some examples of this adherence to increasing knowledge regarding finding the most skilled players in this community. Paired with qualifying for and reaching the finals of BLT X, I also possess an exemplary understanding of the BLT community. That said, I will put in my best effort to ensure our team stands above all.

Shifting gears to my Assistant Manager Finchinator, not much needs to be said; one of the faces of Smogon and the tournament scene, he knows the community better than anyone else, and as a World Cup Champion, he knows what it takes to win. This is also exhibited on the managerial end; turning to his most recent OUPL, we see a #1 seed playoff berth. Both of us have also played in SCL, which shares a strikingly similar format to this tournament. Overall, we will be an earnest managerial pair, and our unrivalled experience and expertise within the specified metagames will foster an abundance of success for our team.
Confirming

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Manager: Fc
Assistant Manager: Icemaster
Team Name: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos
List of Accomplishments: I won BLT last year and am 13-4 here lifetime playing multiple different tiers. I have also won SCL and a lot of other tournaments I have managed like UWTT and and OMPL. I also have strong individual results in lower tiers like Grand Slam semis so I can help out across all slots if necessary. Icemaster has won TPP a similar PS! tournament about 27 times in a row going strong and has also won many AG tournaments as a manager. He has also played in SCL in multiple tiers and done well historically.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are both very experienced in managing, I have managed more tournaments than I can remember now and also played in far more than that in pretty much every tier, so I can support almost anything as needed. We are a very adaptable manager pair, having won OMPL with little prior experience in the metagames due to making a strong team environment. We would now like to take our experience to BLT where we will try to make the best team possible to win.
Confirming. With my SCL experience in Doubles, OU, LC and Ubers, and Fc's knowledge of Monotype, PU, UU, NU and RU, we hope to make a competitive and fun team discord

Manager: Howkings
Assistant Manager: mind gaming
Team Name: Demon Slayer Corps
List of Accomplishments: I have years of experience in managing official and unofficial team tournaments on Smogon, including last two editions of Smogon Champions League, which happen to have a quite similar format to BLT. Aside my official presence, I've joined dozens of unofficials through the years and won my fair share of them. Mind Gaming is a defending SCL Champion, has one of the best official sheet records in recent times, and much like me, has experience in managing both Official and unofficial team tournaments.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Been looking forward to starting a new season of tournaments in the best possible way. I'm coming back these weeks from a brief pause that helped me collecting useful thoughts. I feel ready to put effort and give my best again. I am positive Mind feels the same way.

DS.png

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Manager: Howkings
Assistant Manager: mind gaming
Team Name: Demon Slayer Corps
List of Accomplishments: I have years of experience in managing official and unofficial team tournaments on Smogon, including last two editions of Smogon Champions League, which happen to have a quite similar format to BLT. Aside my official presence, I've joined dozens of unofficials through the years and won my fair share of them. Mind Gaming is a defending SCL Champion, has one of the best official sheet records in recent times, and much like me, has experience in managing both Official and unofficial team tournaments.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Been looking forward to starting a new season of tournaments in the best possible way. I'm coming back these weeks from a brief pause that helped me collecting useful thoughts. I feel ready to put effort and give my best again. I am positive Mind feels the same way.

View attachment 613879
confirming

TheFranklin

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Manager: TheFranklin
Co-manager: Plas
Teamname: Snowbelle Stuffuls

List of Accomplishments:
Plas: player/manager in BLT 4,5,7-10 (winning 4 & 10), winning nfepl, lc wcop, lcpl, uu snake, uupl and much more. Plas is also an old tournaments room moderator.
TheFranklin: player in BLT 5-10 (winning 7), multiple TPPs, various lower tier pls/wcops wins (nfepl, lcpl, zupl, rupl, ruwc). SPL & SCL performances, and WCOP finalist.

Why would we be a good manager?: Plas and I are both blt veterans. Plas has been player and manager in blt in multiple editions and I have played this tour for the last 6 years including multiple finals and blt wins. We know what it takes to create a succesful blt team. Both competitively and in creating a fun tour for the entire team with a good team atmosphere and chances for new players to prove theirselves (like last time in stuffuls where I had my breakthrough with plas as manager).This year we are looking to bring back the stuffuls, one of the most fun teams I have ever been apart of on this site. I hope we create an awesome team environment and find some new good tour players.

Logo: tbd

Manager: TheFranklin
Co-manager: Plas
Teamname: Snowbelle Stuffuls

List of Accomplishments:
Plas: player/manager in BLT 4,5,7-10 (winning 4 & 10), winning nfepl, lc wcop, lcpl, uu snake, uupl and much more. Plas is also an old tournaments room moderator.
TheFranklin: player in BLT 5-10 (winning 7), multiple TPPs, various lower tier pls/wcops wins (nfepl, lcpl, zupl, rupl, ruwc). SPL & SCL performances, and WCOP finalist.

Why would we be a good manager?: Plas and I are both blt veterans. Plas has been player and manager in blt in multiple editions and I have played this tour for the last 6 years including multiple finals and blt wins. We know what it takes to create a succesful blt team. Both competitively and in creating a fun tour for the entire team with a good team atmosphere and chances for new players to prove theirselves (like last time in stuffuls where I had my breakthrough with plas as manager).This year we are looking to bring back the stuffuls, one of the most fun teams I have ever been apart of on this site. I hope we create an awesome team environment and find some new good tour players.

Logo: tbd
Confirming

skimmythegod

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: TDR
Assistant Manager: skimmythegod
Team Name:

List of Accomplishments: We both won this tour last edition and got plenty of experience in the tours section, i also managed TPP in back to back playoffs along with a 2nd place finish in the last edition along with skimmy being a player. We both have managed multiple tours over the last year and ended with good results which include finals of NDPL, finals of HPL, multiple wcs where skimmy even won PUWC, also managed other tours like ORASPL and multiple HPLs.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Both of us are pretty well versed about the current meta and the playerbase given the tour results we have had like winning EPL, UPL, ORASPL, OUPL and playoffs in multiple other tours and skimmy has also played in WCOP. We also make sure to maintain a great team environment and ensure uts a good experience for everyone involved, with RaJ.Shoot blessings its time to run it back again Rufflets!

confirming

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Conf
Manager: Mada
Assistant Manager: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
Team Name: Tyrannical Tinkatons

List of Accomplishments: I have managed the Tinkatons multiple times and won 4 tours as manager. I have been managing in most of pls and side wcops last year, such as Teamballo, TPL, NDMPL, RWCOP, NDPL, NDWC, MWCOP, Mono BLT, UMPL, EPL, BSSWC, MPL and many else, missing playoffs only a couple of times out of tens of times. I have also played in a lot of other tours such as last 2 editions of BLT, TPP and NDPL, 3 of NDMPL, WCOP, ZUPL, WCOR, TPP, CAPPL, MWP, OUPL, RBYWC, ORASPL, ROAPL, SPL, BSSPL, HPL, AGWL, LCPL and a lot of other tours, where I've always been active in preparations and/or had good results. S1nn0h also has some managing experience in lowers/OM tours such as UMPL and ZUPL and is also an incredible player, notably going 11-1 in PU in last SCL.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have a lot of experience in managing in different tours with the same tiers and similar formats as in BLT and I have always done very well. I am always very active in preparations using my own made tools and we both have proven to have deep knowledge of most of the metagames in the tour. I also always make drafts based on meritocracy and I always give the chance to all my players to play. We surely have what it takes to be form a competitive team to try and win the tour while having fun.
Confirming

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)