Tournament BLT XI - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

S/o Kolohe for the beautiful logo!

• There will be 8 teams and the tournament will have about 2 weeks of manager signups, 1 month of qualifying, 7 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs (not counting any potential tiebreakers). That places the end of the tournament sometime in July; managers are expected to be active throughout the tournament until that point.
  • Playing Managers: One manager can also be a player in the tournament. Manager pricing TBD.
  • The tournament format is as follows:
Code:
SV Ubers
SV OU
SV OU
SV UU
SV RU
SV NU
SV PU
SV LC
SV Doubles OU
SV Monotype
The minimum number of players per team is 14 (10 slots + 4 subs).​
  • If you want to manage a team in BLT X, make a post using the below format. These are open signups, meaning any pair of users, regardless of auth status, is eligible to sign up. These pairs will be vetted and chosen by the hosts (Vertigo and myself) with the help of Tournaments room staff. This thread will be open for a week whereupon managers will be decided!
    Code:
    Manager:
    Assistant Manager:
    Team Name:
    List of Accomplishments:
    Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Manager signups will close around March 15th or when we have 8 suitable manager pairs.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Manager: a fairy
Assistant Manager: awyp
Team Name: Closed Forums Fossils
List of Accomplishments: I made second seed in AAAPL as manager and finals as player in TPP. awyp won DPPPL and NDFL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: awyp and I are both solid forum staff members for the communities we mod(ded), and we both know how to be a part of a team, as sub/player/manager.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Manager: a fairy
Assistant Manager: awyp
Team Name: Closed Forums Fossils
List of Accomplishments: I made second seed in AAAPL as manager and finals as player in TPP. awyp won DPPPL and NDFL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: awyp and I are both solid forum staff members for the communities we mod(ded), and we both know how to be a part of a team, as sub/player/manager.
Confirming

Manager: Jordy004
Assistant Manager: PokemonCestDur
Team Name: Primal Power Pangoros
List of Accomplishments: The Pangoros dominated last year's main season and made finals. I was Tours staff for a long time and hosted BLT two years ago. I've also won PSPL X where I was the RU support and helped out with mono throughout the entirety of the tour. Aside from that I've played in a couple other team tours such as RUPL, NUSD, etc. as well and I've co-(shadow)managed Team Benelux to runner-up and winner of WCOR in two consecutive years. PCD is an old and recognized member of the Tours community and has played in Tours' events like BLT and TLT since a long time. He has also played a lot in the biggest French team tours around, including RUWC. To top it off he was a finalist in the most recent RU seasonal and has made last circuit's playoffs.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: PCD has been a long-time member of the Tours community and is among the best cg ru players. I excel at making drafts and PCD's knowledge of the community will only aid that further. We're sure to be dedicated managers :)

Last edited:
Manager: mj
Assistant Manager: Xiri
Team Name: Lavender Laprases

List of Accomplishments:
Participant in BLT I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X; won PSPL with tours room twice; won CPL V; former tours room RO; participant in various PLs; most recently winning NUCL as a player - with Xiri as playing manager

As for Xiri:
Past SCL champion; two time Circuit Champion; also played/managed in multiple BLTs and TLTs; played and managed in multiple PLs; and many more accomplishments I probaby forgot

Xiri and I have the most experience alongside trace+esm when it comes to BLT. We've been on the same team since BLT V, and have managed together since BLT VI (except for last BLT). We have always created a good team environment where we help everyone to improve and only gotten great feedback from our former players so far.

After Lapras’ hibernation last season, its as motivated as ever to come back and finally succeed and lift that imaginary trophy!
IMG_6270.png

Manager: Glue
Assistant Manager: PrinceOfAllTacos
Team Name: Pawniard Penguins
List of Accomplishments: I Won BLT 6, Won ALT PL 2024, Top 8 WCOP Team UK
Poat has been apart in 5 BLTs and managing 3 of them. Poat is also currently leading his team the Tyranitars to play offs in RBEL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I am the Jose Mourinho of Smogon Managers.
Poat has plenty of experience managing in 3 BLTs and knows the player base very well.

With Hard Work, Character and Intensity.
I will ensure you that the Penguins will dominate the battlefield
Screenshot 2024-03-07 221641.png

Attachments

Manager: Glue
Assistant Manager: PrinceOfAllTacos
Team Name: Pawniard Penguins
List of Accomplishments: I Won BLT 6, Won ALT PL 2024, Top 8 WCOP Team UK
Poat has been apart in 5 BLTs and managing 3 of them. Poat is also currently leading his team the Tyranitars to play offs in RBEL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I am the Jose Mourinho of Smogon Managers.
Poat has plenty of experience managing in 3 BLTs and knows the player base very well.

With Hard Work, Character and Intensity.
I will ensure you that the Penguins will dominate the battlefield
View attachment 612585
Confirming

seroo

ong
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: seroo
Assistant Manager: feen

Team Name: Virbank Vessels :ting-lu:

List of Accomplishments: I myself have managed this year alone a couple format world cups including ubers and dou. Apart from that I have also played in UU world cup and monotype world cup last year while also managing in UMPL and last years edition of TPP.
Feen has managed RUPL 3 times securing finals and playoffs , LTPL which he won and snake 2. He also played in the latest SCL with shoguns and the lates World Cup with Bangladesh. As far as tournaments he has played in UUPL , RUPL , NUCL, NUPL , PUPL, PUBD , ZU olympiada , monoPL , monoWPL and OMPL .

Why would you make a Good Manager?: We think we would mage good managers due to our wide knowledge of the tiers at hand, we both understand what it is to manage a team and the kind of environment and preparation that has to go into one. I myself am a member of the tournament community and also know the player base pretty well.
So in short , we are no strangers to managing and we have results to prove it.

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: Fragments
Assistant Manager: devin
Team Name: Phantom Troupe
List of Accomplishments: Devin and I managed last year and made semis, we also managed OUPL together recently and made semis there too. I've also managed RBTT (3x), 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, UMPL, EPL, NDPL, PUWC, and UWC. Only ever missed playoffs twice in all the PL's I've managed. Devin has managed Teamballo and WCOP, and is currently playing in SPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Our drafts have always been strong and have amazing synergy. We understand how to create a team that is both a playoff contender and also a lot of fun to be in. Also Theia said we got really good manager reviews last year so trust.

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Manager: RoyalReloaded
Assistant Manager: jackuzzler
Team Name: Granite Cave Goletts
List of Accomplishments: royal: BLT IX Champion (bench pov), MPL IX Champion, 4-1 record BLT X, Multiple rank 1 Monotype ladder. jack: top 10 OU ladder, top 50 Ubers ladder
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Jack and I have never managed before, however, we have been friends for a long time and have participated in several team tournaments together. BLT was my first and is my favorite team tournament, we are familiar with the community and are confident in our ability to not only draft a solid team but make sure that every player is well prepared for their matches and most importantly has a positive tournament experience. Jack is a fantastic teambuilder and has knowledge on many tiers, as he is a very skilled player when it comes to OU and Ubers, and has received tutoring in lower tiers. I've been a dedicated Monotype player all generation, and I firmly believe that the time and effort I put in will reflect on other tiers and allow me to be a positive force on the support side. We would be very thankful for the opportunity to manage, thank you very much for your consideration.

Manager: RoyalReloaded
Assistant Manager: jackuzzler
Team Name: Granite Cave Goletts
List of Accomplishments: royal: BLT IX Champion (bench pov), MPL IX Champion, 4-1 record BLT X, Multiple rank 1 Monotype ladder. jack: top 10 OU ladder, top 50 Ubers ladder
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Jack and I have never managed before, however, we have been friends for a long time and have participated in several team tournaments together. BLT was my first and is my favorite team tournament, we are familiar with the community and are confident in our ability to not only draft a solid team but make sure that every player is well prepared for their matches and most importantly has a positive tournament experience. Jack is a fantastic teambuilder and has knowledge on many tiers, as he is a very skilled player when it comes to OU and Ubers, and has received tutoring in lower tiers. I've been a dedicated Monotype player all generation, and I firmly believe that the time and effort I put in will reflect on other tiers and allow me to be a positive force on the support side. We would be very thankful for the opportunity to manage, thank you very much for your consideration.
confirming, will be very grateful given the chance! thanks

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: TDR
Assistant Manager: skimmythegod
Team Name:

1677509513171.png

List of Accomplishments: We both won this tour last edition and got plenty of experience in the tours section, i also managed TPP in back to back playoffs along with a 2nd place finish in the last edition along with skimmy being a player. We both have managed multiple tours over the last year and ended with good results which include finals of NDPL, finals of HPL, multiple wcs where skimmy even won PUWC, also managed other tours like ORASPL and multiple HPLs.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Both of us are pretty well versed about the current meta and the playerbase given the tour results we have had like winning EPL, UPL, ORASPL, OUPL and playoffs in multiple other tours and skimmy has also played in WCOP. We also make sure to maintain a great team environment and ensure uts a good experience for everyone involved, with RaJ.Shoot blessings its time to run it back again Rufflets!

Attachments

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Exotic64
Assistant Manager: TDNT
Team Name: Exotic64 and the TDNTs :dragonite:
List of Accomplishments: TDNT and I are very active in the tours scene, I managed OUPL earlier on in the year and secured first seed, and have played and started in many team tours such as RBTT, PTPL, DPL, NDMPL, CAPCL, WCOR, RCOP and more. TDNT won a previous edition of BLT with the Snorlaxes and is currently playing in SPL right now, as well as having started in WCOP, PUWC, FrancePL, Teamballo, YugonPL, APL etc. He has also managed many PLs, such as many past editions of PTPL and YugonPLs, all with a high playoffs rate.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have a really good synergy with TDNT, having won the latest edition of PTPL together recently. We are very familiar with many of the tiers having played in many of them and their PLs, and we will be very dedicated to winning this BLT and will guarantee a fun and engaging team environment whilst having a strong draft and being very supportive with prep and scouts.

1709865162006.png

Last edited:
Manager: Exotic64
Assistant Manager: TDNT
Team Name: Exotic64 and the TDNTs
List of Accomplishments: TDNT and I are very active in the tours scene, I managed OUPL earlier on in the year and secured first seed, and have played and started in many team tours such as RBTT, PTPL, DPL, NDMPL, CAPCL, WCOR, RCOP and more. TDNT won a previous edition of BLT with the Snorlaxes and is currently playing in SPL right now, as well as having started in WCOP, PUWC, FrancePL, Teamballo, YugonPL, APL etc. He has also managed many PLs, such as many past editions of PTPL and YugonPLs, all with a high playoffs rate.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have a really good synergy with TDNT, having won the latest edition of PTPL together recently. We are very familiar with many of the tiers having played in many of them and their PLs, and we will be very dedicated to winning this BLT and will guarantee a fun and engaging team environment whilst having a strong draft and being very supportive with prep and scouts.

Confirming oo

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Manager: Piyush25
Assistant Manager: ABR
Team Name: The Jamaican Jerk Chicken :combusken:
List of Accomplishments: I won the last edition of BLT and Abr won the first edition of BLT.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: My combination of inspirational leadership and use of ChatGPT for motivation speeches positions me as a strong candidate for a managerial role.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Manager: TDR
Assistant Manager: skimmythegod
Team Name:

List of Accomplishments: We both won this tour last edition and got plenty of experience in the tours section, i also managed TPP in back to back playoffs along with a 2nd place finish in the last edition along with skimmy being a player. We both have managed multiple tours over the last year and ended with good results which include finals of NDPL, finals of HPL, multiple wcs where skimmy even won PUWC, also managed other tours like ORASPL and multiple HPLs.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Both of us are pretty well versed about the current meta and the playerbase given the tour results we have had like winning EPL, UPL, ORASPL, OUPL and playoffs in multiple other tours and skimmy has also played in WCOP. We also make sure to maintain a great team environment and ensure uts a good experience for everyone involved, with RaJ.Shoot blessings its time to run it back again Rufflets!

Good Luck guys :blobthumbsup: .

Manager: Daki
Assistant Manager: velvet
Team Name: :dondozo: (tbd but it will be dondozo)
List of Accomplishments: I never won a BLT but I have made finals for 3 BLT iterations which this year I’m looking to win after all those close calls. Daki has played/hosted for past BLT iterations and is ro for the community and has managed tours room for PSPL in which we have two wins on our belt (hopefully a third this year). I’m an active member in the tournament scene with having managed for several tours such as OUPL, NDPL, this coming WCOP, etc. and as well as having played in a plethora of tours for other communities like PTPL, ROAPL, EPL, and more.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I believe both Daki and I would make good managers as outside of BLT we both worked hard in other tours we’ve participated in and generally know how to work together in most situations, a good pair if you will. Having been a past tours staff and an avid blt participant I’d say we both know the community well to know what we want as a team and the environment we want to create with that team.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager: Baloor
Assistant Manager: Taka
Team Name: :zamazenta: The LOOR Society :zacian-crowned: (name might be tbd)

List of Accomplishments: Ive won SPL, NDPL, PUPL, NUPL, BDSPL, CAPPL. I've been on various WC teams including WCoP (part of Canadas 2022 finals run). Was picked in SCL. I've managed OUPL and made finals as well as managed in SSPL and just missed semis. In both these tours I only had positive feedback about my managing. I've also made it to playoffs in this tournament twice. idk what takas done off the top of my head but hes managed PTPL and is in SPL (SCL asw) and is super active + dedicated. Everybody on the site knows him as a positive presence that puts a lot of effort into whatever hes faced with.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Since I am in my retirement arc where I can no longer consistently play the game week by week that also means I need to finally win BLT but as manager. I have enrolled young Taka to assist me as he is a incredibly active, respected and nice user who has experience in several tiers. We were also in SCL which has format quite similar to this tournament. I've been part of the tours room community forever so I know the player base well, I also try my best to give new talent chances to shine. I also have experience in several of these tiers through PLs, Officials, Ladder or WCs. I have never not made a competent draft in any tour I've managed or helped in and combined with Taka who will be active and is experienced in these tiers and their communities, its a recipe for success. trust.

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Manager: Baloor
Assistant Manager: Taka
Team Name: The LOOR Society (name might be tbd)
List of Accomplishments: Ive won SPL, NDPL, PUPL, NUPL, BDSPL, CAPPL. I've been on various WC teams including WCoP (part of Canadas 2022 finals run). Was picked in SCL. I've managed OUPL and made finals as well as managed in SSPL and just missed semis. In both these tours I only had positive feedback about my managing. idk what takas done off the top of my head but hes managed PTPL and is in SPL (and SCL) and is super active + dedicated. Everybody on the site knows him as a positive presence that puts a lot of effort into whatever hes faced with.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Since I am in my retirement arc where I can no longer consistently play the game week by week that also means I need to finally win BLT but as manager. I have enrolled young Taka to assist me as he is a incredibly active, respected and nice user who has experience in several tiers. I've been part of the tours room community forever so I know the player base well, I also try my best to give new talent chances to shine. I have never not made a competent draft in any tour I've managed or helped in and combined with Taka who will be active and is experienced in these tiers, its a recipe for success. trust.
8igure.jpeg

confirming

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Manager: 3d
Assistant Manager: Finchinator
Team Name: Operation: Ogerpon
List of Accomplishments: SPL XIV Finalist, SCL III Semifinalist, OUPL Semifinalist (Manager), BLT X Finalist, Overused Tier Leader, (Former) NU Tier Leader, NUCL Finalist, PUWC Semifinalist, UbersWC Semifinalist (Ongoing), SSPL Winner, BWPL Winner, TeamBallo 2023 Winner, PTPL Winner, RoAPL Winner, and many more.

I have been an active member in the tournament scene for about a year and a half now. I have interacted with many people throughout this time and have an excellent grasp of the notable players in many different tiers. This is exemplified in my participation in tournaments that diverge from Overused. PUWC, UbersWC, and NUCL are all some examples of this adherence to increasing knowledge regarding finding the most skilled players in this community. Paired with qualifying for and reaching the finals of BLT X, I also possess an exemplary understanding of the BLT community. That said, I will put in my best effort to ensure our team stands above all.

Shifting gears to my Assistant Manager Finchinator, not much needs to be said; one of the faces of Smogon and the tournament scene, he knows the community better than anyone else, and as a World Cup Champion, he knows what it takes to win. This is also exhibited on the managerial end; turning to his most recent OUPL, we see a #1 seed playoff berth. Both of us have also played in SCL, which shares a strikingly similar format to this tournament. Overall, we will be an earnest managerial pair, and our unrivalled experience and expertise within the specified metagames will foster an abundance of success for our team.

Last edited:

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Manager: Daki
Assistant Manager: velvet
Team Name: :dondozo: (tbd but it will be dondozo)
List of Accomplishments: I never won a BLT but I have made finals for 3 BLT iterations which this year I’m looking to win after all those close calls. Daki has played/hosted for past BLT iterations and is ro for the community and has managed tours room for PSPL in which we have two wins on our belt (hopefully a third this year). I’m an active member in the tournament scene with having managed for several tours such as OUPL, NDPL, this coming WCOP, etc. and as well as having played in a plethora of tours for other communities like PTPL, ROAPL, EPL, and more.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I believe both Daki and I would make good managers as outside of BLT we both worked hard in other tours we’ve participated in and generally know how to work together in most situations, a good pair if you will. Having been a past tours staff and an avid blt participant I’d say we both know the community well to know what we want as a team and the environment we want to create with that team.
:dondozo:

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
Manager: Ninja
Assistant Manager: Frixel
Team Name: Flameslingers Skeledirges
List of Accomplishments: Ninja has played in 5 BLTs (winning the last), played in SCL, managed NUPL and PTPL, and has played in several team tours of every lower tier, such as UUPL, RUWC (won), NUSD, PUWC (won), ZUPL, DWC. I have managed last TPP and I have played last BLT, DWC, PSPL and other team tournaments, including winning recently teamballo (with Ninja!).
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Both me and Ninja have previous manager experience and plenty of team tour experience. We have also been in the community long enough to know the players.
After our experience last year and as players ever since, we're looking to improve as managers from semis to getting the trophy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)