Monotype Blow of Mercy | Mega Latias Psychic

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.

Hey everyone, I'm Balor, also known as Confluxx, and I'm here with a Monotype RMT. This is a variation of the first team I ever built in Monotype, which was a Mega Gardevoir Psychic team. However, the team has had some changes since then and that's what I'm here to showcase but first, a bit of a backstory. I started playing Monotype in November 2015 and Psychic was the first thing I decided to use and it immediately became my favorite type. Since then I've become decent with any other type but Psychic is still and always will be my favorite because of all the cool Psychic-type Pokemon and the many options Psychic-type teams have. I decided to RMT this team because ORAS is very close to its end and I've only had one other RMT which was a long time ago, so I said why not.

The first Pokemon I decided to add on the team was Hoopa-U because of how powerful it is and the variety of sets it can run. I went with a mixed all-out attacker holding a Life Orb because I find that set to be very effective and the coverage it carries can tear through many types of teams.

Then I added Mega Gardevoir mostly for dealing with Dark-type teams, but it's also a fantastic wallbreaker on its own.

I needed something to take physical attacks and Slowbro was the first Pokemon I thought of due to its amazing defensive capabilities, Regenerator, access to Thunder Wave, and ability to burn foes with Scald.

I knew Bug-type teams would be a problem, so I added Victini not only for checking Bug-type teams but also providing a great revenge-killer and some Speed control since it's a Choice Scarf variant. It also checks Mega Scizor and deals with annoying Pokemon like Ferrothorn which the rest of the team appreciates.

I chose Latias as my next Pokemon mainly for Defog, but it also gave me a Healing Wish user, allowing me to play more aggressively with Hoopa-U, Mega Gardevoir, and Victini.

I wasn't sure what to add as my last Pokemon so I went with Reuniclus because I really liked the Pokemon and thought it could be a great bulky win-con with a late-game Trick Room set.

I soon realized that my team had a very tough time dealing with Fairy-type teams as I lacked decent switchins to Mega Diancie and I kept getting swept by Belly Drum Slurpuff. That's why I added Jirachi which not only solved my Fairy problems, but also gave me a Stealth Rock user which I didn't have before, and a specially defensive Pokemon to form a defensive core with Slowbro. The team consisted of these six for a long while and I even RMT'd this version of it.

After the ban of Mega Sableye, Mega Gardevoir wasn't necessary anymore as regular Gardevoir could check Dark-type teams just as good. Meanwhile, I saw TheThorn and Sabella use a team with the same six Pokemon I had, but with Mega Latias over Mega Gardevoir, so I decided to switch the megas on my team and see how it works. This variation of the team worked really well and had a great matchup against most types including top tier ones such as Flying and Water, thanks to BoltBeam Mega Latias. I did have to change a few sets, however, such as add Substitute on Hoopa-U since I lacked a Bisharp check with the removal of Mega Gardevoir.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Defog
Roost

Mega Latias plays a big role on the team. Its BoltBeam coverage is able to apply a ton of pressure on Flying-type teams and inevitably just break them. Thunderbolt also helps out against Water-type teams which also have a tough time dealing with Mega Latias due to its bulk, Speed, and resistance to Water-type attacks. Due to its typing and coverage it pretty much makes the matchup against Electric-, Grass-, and Fire-type teams an auto-win as they're unable to break it or have a very hard time doing so. Mega Latias is also the Defogger of the team and supports it by getting rid of Sticky Webs in the Bug matchup and Stealth Rock, which pressure the entire team but mostly Victini.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb

Ability: Magician
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Dark Pulse
Energy Ball
Drain Punch
Substitute

Hoopa-U is an amazing special wallbreaker, dealing a ton of damage to anything that doesn't resist its moves. Dark Pulse is its primary STAB move. Energy Ball is very useful in the Water and Ground matchups. Drain Punch is nice for recovering health from the likes of Heatran and it also hits Normal-types, mainly Chansey, which along with Porygon2 are very annoying for this team. Substitute is primarily for checking Bisharp, however it can be used when predicting the foe to switch out, use a status move, or against foes that can't break the Substitute.

Slowbro (M) @ Colbur Berry

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
Thunder Wave
Slack Off
Scald
Grass Knot

Slowbro is the physically defensive Pokemon of the team and check to many physical attackers such as Terrakion, Excadrill, Azumarill etc. but it doesn't switch in comfortably on some of them. Thanks to its Colbur Berry it's able to check Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo with Grass Knot, as well as live a hit from +2 Bisharp and potentially burn it with Scald or just knock it out if its weakened. Thunder Wave is great for crippling its switchins and making foes easier to revenge-kill by a teammate. Other than hitting Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo, Grass Knot is also very useful for hitting Gastrodon and Seismitoad which normally counter Slowbro.

Victini @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
V-create
Bolt Strike
U-turn
Zen Headbutt

Victini is one of the two Choice Scarf users on the team and a great revenge-killer thanks to its powerful STAB V-Create. It outspeeds all Bug-types and threatens them with V-Create, making the matchup highly in its favor. V-Create is a very spammable move thanks to its high Base Power and STAB boost. Bolt Strike targets Water-types that want to switch in predicting a Fire-type attack. U-Turn is for pivoting around and getting momentum. And for the last move I chose Zen Headbutt over the more common option Blue Flare because this team lacks Psychic-type moves and has a pretty good chance to lose to Fighting-type teams if not running Zen Headbutt. Blue Flare is a more reliable way of dealing with Bug-type teams since it doesn't drop Victini's Speed, however by V-Creating and switching out repeatedly the matchup is still pretty doable.

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
Toxic
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
U-turn

Jirachi is the specially defensive Pokemon of the team and the Stealth Rock setter. Its typing and bulk give it the ability to comfortably switch in on a lot of attacks, mainly Dragon- and Fairy-type attacks because the team lacks solid resists. Gardevoir does have an immunity to Dragon-type attacks but sometimes it's not worth risking. Iron Head is Jirachi's primary move which it can use to flinch down slower foes or do a decent amount of damage to others. Toxic is for whittling down Pokemon that Jirachi can't get past such as Zapdos, Slowbro, and Hippowdon. U-Turn is great for getting momentum when predicting the foe to switch out or just doing damage and switching out after setting up Stealth Rock.

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Moonblast
Psyshock
Trick
Healing Wish

Gardevoir is the second Choice Scarf user of the team. Its main purpose is to check Dark-types but it also comes in handy against Swift Swim Water-type teams thanks to its Trace ability. It's also a great offensive Fighting-type checks since as previously mentioned, this team struggles with Fighting-type teams. It carries dual STAB and lacks any coverage options because I feel Trick and Healing Wish are more useful. Trick mainly for crippling Chansey or Porygon2 and Healing Wish for bringing back a teammate once it's been weakened. I got the idea for using both Trick and Healing Wish from TheThorn so shoutouts to him.

I hope you guys like this team. It's very effective and hardly has any bad matchups. The only tough ones I'd say are Normal, because Chansey+Porygon2 is very hard to break if your opponent plays well, and maybe Steel, although that's pretty doable. Not only does this team have decent matchups against most types, but it has a very good matchup against the current top tier types; Water, Flying, and even Ground if you want to consider that a top-tier type.

As previously mentioned, this core is very hard to break if your opponent plays well and doesn't let you weaken or Trick either of these two. They're able to spam Thunder Wave or Toxic to cripple the entire team and just go from there.

Although Colbur Berry Slowbro and Substitute Hoopa-U are decently reliable checks to Bisharp, it can still become a threat if Slowbro is weakened or its item is Knocked Off. Although many foes won't risk it, sometimes Substitute Hoopa-U is predictable so if your opponent manages to outplay you with the Sucker Punches you pretty much lose assuming it has set up.

It's unlikely to lose to either of these if you play correctly around them, as Colbur Berry Slowbro can Thunder Wave Mega Sharpedo or take it out with Grass Knot if its taken a bit of chip damage. Mega Gyarados can also be hit with Thunder Wave or Grass Knot but its also checked pretty well by Gardevoir which Traces its Intimidate if it comes in before it Mega Evolves, and Victini which ouspeeds it at +1 and can do a lot of damage with Bolt Strike, putting it in range of Grass Knot. However, if Slowbro loses its item or if you play poorly around Mega Gyarados, they can still become threats and sweep you.

Nothing can switch in on an attack from Hoopa-U. The only way to play around it is to sack a Pokemon and U-Turn out with Victini. It's pretty much going to be a game that comes down to whoever has more sacks, regardless of if you're playing a Psychic- or a Dark-type team.

Victini and Hoopa-U live a +2 Shadow Sneak from full and can OHKO (or almost OHKO in Victini's case). However, after coming in on Stealth Rock or a bit of prior damage to both of these, Doublade can very well sweep if it manages to set up and not get burned by Slowbro's Scald.

Victini lives any hit from Scolipede if at full HP and OHKOs in return. However, after just one Stealth Rock switchin Victini is no longer able to survive an attack from Scolipede and that's when it becomes a huge threat. Only hope is to dodge Megahorn and Thunder Wave.

An offensive variant of Volcarona will always get OHKOed by Victini's V-Create. However, a bulky variant can live a V-Create and Quiver Dance again (assuming it Quiver Dances once as Victini comes in). At that point the game is pretty much over. That's why it's important to keep Stealth Rock up against Bug-type teams.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-monotype-180329 vs Flying
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-400158084 vs Flying
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-398740491 vs Dark
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-398728268 vs Dragon
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-396484633 vs Dragon

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Dece1t 6ti scpinion Zyo terrors Izaya. MiyoKa Waszap iLlama Sky Might Fall Dream Eater Gengar StarBlim

Last edited:

Hey everyone, I'm Balor, also known as Confluxx, and I'm here with a Monotype RMT. This is a variation of the first team I ever built in Monotype, which was a Mega Gardevoir Psychic team. However, the team has had some changes since then and that's what I'm here to showcase but first, a bit of a backstory. I started playing Monotype in November 2015 and Psychic was the first thing I decided to use and it immediately became my favorite type. Since then I've become decent with any other type but Psychic is still and always will be my favorite because of all the cool Psychic-type Pokemon and the many options Psychic-type teams have. I decided to RMT this team because ORAS is very close to its end and I've only had one other RMT which was a long time ago, so I said why not.

The first Pokemon I decided to add on the team was Hoopa-U because of how powerful it is and the variety of sets it can run. I went with a mixed all-out attacker holding a Life Orb because I find that set to be very effective and the coverage it carries can tear through many types of teams.

Then I added Mega Gardevoir mostly for dealing with Dark-type teams, but it's also a fantastic wallbreaker on its own.

I needed something to take physical attacks and Slowbro was the first Pokemon I thought of due to its amazing defensive capabilities, Regenerator, access to Thunder Wave, and ability to burn foes with Scald.

I knew Bug-type teams would be a problem, so I added Victini not only for checking Bug-type teams but also providing a great revenge-killer and some Speed control since it's a Choice Scarf variant. It also checks Mega Scizor and deals with annoying Pokemon like Ferrothorn which the rest of the team appreciates.

I chose Latias as my next Pokemon mainly for Defog, but it also gave me a Healing Wish user, allowing me to play more aggressively with Hoopa-U, Mega Gardevoir, and Victini.

I wasn't sure what to add as my last Pokemon so I went with Reuniclus because I really liked the Pokemon and thought it could be a great bulky win-con with a late-game Trick Room set.

I soon realized that my team had a very tough time dealing with Fairy-type teams as I lacked decent switchins to Mega Diancie and I kept getting swept by Belly Drum Slurpuff. That's why I added Jirachi which not only solved my Fairy problems, but also gave me a Stealth Rock user which I didn't have before, and a specially defensive Pokemon to form a defensive core with Slowbro. The team consisted of these six for a long while and I even RMT'd this version of it.

After the ban of Mega Sableye, Mega Gardevoir wasn't necessary anymore as regular Gardevoir could check Dark-type teams just as good. Meanwhile, I saw TheThorn and Sabella use a team with the same six Pokemon I had, but with Mega Latias over Mega Gardevoir, so I decided to switch the megas on my team and see how it works. This variation of the team worked really well and had a great matchup against most types including top tier ones such as Flying and Water, thanks to BoltBeam Mega Latias. I did have to change a few sets, however, such as add Substitute on Hoopa-U since I lacked a Bisharp check with the removal of Mega Gardevoir.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite

Timid Nature
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Defog
Roost

Mega Latias plays a big role on the team. Its BoltBeam coverage is able to apply a ton of pressure on Flying-type teams and inevitably just break them. Thunderbolt also helps out against Water-type teams which also have a tough time dealing with Mega Latias due to its bulk, Speed, and resistance to Water-type attacks. Due to its typing and coverage it pretty much makes the matchup against Electric-, Grass-, and Fire-type teams an auto-win as they're unable to break it or have a very hard time doing so. Mega Latias is also the Defogger of the team and supports it by getting rid of Sticky Webs in the Bug matchup and Stealth Rock, which pressure the entire team but mostly Victini.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb

Hasty Nature
Dark Pulse
Energy Ball
Drain Punch
Substitute

Hoopa-U is an amazing special wallbreaker, dealing a ton of damage to anything that doesn't resist its moves. Dark Pulse is its primary STAB move. Energy Ball is very useful in the Water and Ground matchups. Drain Punch is nice for recovering health from the likes of Heatran and it also hits Normal-types, mainly Chansey, which along with Porygon2 are very annoying for this team. Substitute is primarily for checking Bisharp, however it can be used when predicting the foe to switch out, use a status move, or against foes that can't break the Substitute.

Bold Nature
Thunder Wave
Slack Off
Scald
Grass Knot

Slowbro is the physically defensive Pokemon of the team and check to many physical attackers such as Terrakion, Excadrill, Azumarill etc. but it doesn't switch in comfortably on some of them. Thanks to its Colbur Berry it's able to check Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo with Grass Knot, as well as live a hit from +2 Bisharp and potentially burn it with Scald or just knock it out if its weakened. Thunder Wave is great for crippling its switchins and making foes easier to revenge-kill by a teammate. Other than hitting Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo, Grass Knot is also very useful for hitting Gastrodon and Seismitoad which normally counter Slowbro.

Victini @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
V-create
Bolt Strike
U-turn
Zen Headbutt

Victini is one of the two Choice Scarf users on the team and a great revenge-killer thanks to its powerful STAB V-Create. It outspeeds all Bug-types and threatens them with V-Create, making the matchup highly in its favor. V-Create is a very spammable move thanks to its high Base Power and STAB boost. Bolt Strike targets Water-types that want to switch in predicting a Fire-type attack. U-Turn is for pivoting around and getting momentum. And for the last move I chose Zen Headbutt over the more common option Blue Flare because this team lacks Psychic-type moves and has a pretty good chance to lose to Fighting-type teams if not running Zen Headbutt. Blue Flare is a more reliable way of dealing with Bug-type teams since it doesn't drop Victini's Speed, however by V-Creating and switching out repeatedly the matchup is still pretty doable.

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Careful Nature
Toxic
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
U-turn

Jirachi is the specially defensive Pokemon of the team and the Stealth Rock setter. Its typing and bulk give it the ability to comfortably switch in on a lot of attacks, mainly Dragon- and Fairy-type attacks because the team lacks solid resists. Gardevoir does have an immunity to Dragon-type attacks but sometimes it's not worth risking. Iron Head is Jirachi's primary move which it can use to flinch down slower foes or do a decent amount of damage to others. Toxic is for whittling down Pokemon that Jirachi can't get past such as Zapdos, Slowbro, and Hippowdon. U-Turn is great for getting momentum when predicting the foe to switch out or just doing damage and switching out after setting up Stealth Rock.

Timid Nature
Moonblast
Psyshock
Trick
Healing Wish

Gardevoir is the second Choice Scarf user of the team. Its main purpose is to check Dark-types but it also comes in handy against Swift Swim Water-type teams thanks to its Trace ability. It's also a great offensive Fighting-type checks since as previously mentioned, this team struggles with Fighting-type teams. It carries dual STAB and lacks any coverage options because I feel Trick and Healing Wish are more useful. Trick mainly for crippling Chansey or Porygon2 and Healing Wish for bringing back a teammate once it's been weakened. I got the idea for using both Trick and Healing Wish from TheThorn so shoutouts to him.

I hope you guys like this team. It's very effective and hardly has any bad matchups. The only tough ones I'd say are Normal, because Chansey+Porygon2 is very hard to break if your opponent plays well, and maybe Steel, although that's pretty doable. Not only does this team have decent matchups against most types, but it has a very good matchup against the current top tier types; Water, Flying, and even Ground if you want to consider that a top-tier type.

As previously mentioned, this core is very hard to break if your opponent plays well and doesn't let you weaken or Trick either of these two. They're able to spam Thunder Wave or Toxic to cripple the entire team and just go from there.

Although Colbur Berry Slowbro and Substitute Hoopa-U are decently reliable checks to Bisharp, it can still become a threat if Slowbro is weakened or its item is Knocked Off. Although many foes won't risk it, sometimes Substitute Hoopa-U is predictable so if your opponent manages to outplay you with the Sucker Punches you pretty much lose assuming it has set up.

It's unlikely to lose to either of these if you play correctly around them, as Colbur Berry Slowbro can Thunder Wave Mega Sharpedo or take it out with Grass Knot if its taken a bit of chip damage. Mega Gyarados can also be hit with Thunder Wave or Grass Knot but its also checked pretty well by Gardevoir which Traces its Intimidate if it comes in before it Mega Evolves, and Victini which ouspeeds it at +1 and can do a lot of damage with Bolt Strike, putting it in range of Grass Knot. However, if Slowbro loses its item or if you play poorly around Mega Gyarados, they can still become threats and sweep you.

Nothing can switch in on an attack from Hoopa-U. The only way to play around it is to sack a Pokemon and U-Turn out with Victini. It's pretty much going to be a game that comes down to whoever has more sacks, regardless of if you're playing a Psychic- or a Dark-type team.

Victini and Hoopa-U live a +2 Shadow Sneak from full and can OHKO (or almost OHKO in Victini's case). However, after coming in on Stealth Rock or a bit of prior damage to both of these, Doublade can very well sweep if it manages to set up and not get burned by Slowbro's Scald.

Victini lives any hit from Scolipede if at full HP and OHKOs in return. However, after just one Stealth Rock switchin Victini is no longer able to survive an attack from Scolipede and that's when it becomes a huge threat. Only hope is to dodge Megahorn and Thunder Wave.

An offensive variant of Volcarona will always get OHKOed by Victini's V-Create. However, a bulky variant can live a V-Create and Quiver Dance again (assuming it Quiver Dances once as Victini comes in). At that point the game is pretty much over. That's why it's important to keep Stealth Rock up against Bug-type teams.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

WoA:

Sabella Always had my back and supported me even when I had my retarded moments. Thanks for everything.

TheThorn One of the nicest people I've met on PS and one of my best friends.

Entei I always felt bad when you got mad at me for stuff I was only kidding about. You're a great person and I like you a lot, even if you think otherwise.

rnbs You got me into SWL all those months ago and that's when i started becoming known in the community and i owe you a lot for that. You're also a pretty cool and funny guy, also one of my best friends despite our occasional disagreements.

Eien I've known you since day 1 of my time playing Monotype and you've always been there for me. I don't recall ever having a serious fight with you. You're a cool guy, great contributor, and smart person in general.

Chras Another one of the best friends i've had on PS, even though we kinda distanced from eachother in the past few months. Skyping and using garbage teams on ladder, singing the cypher, and memeing around since the SWL days. Good times.

p2 I don't know if I've ever told you this but you're one of the funniest and coolest people I've met on PS. Xaaentei

Zarif Same thing with Entei, we've had a bunch of arguments most of which in my mind were just jokes or memes but I always felt like you thought I was serious, so sorry if I ever offended you. I think you're a pretty cool and nice person and a good contributor.

Shadestep You were always nice to me and you're a pretty cool guy in general.

Balto We had beef when we first met but after a while we started getting along pretty well and you always had my back. I appreciate that.

Azelea Chakra Ticktick Paleo Wanka Wyn Clearly SirSkit Ridley. Vid Attribute 1 True Lycan Don't have anything special to say but you're all really cool and I consider you friends despite what happened.

Others:

Arifeen Dece1t 6ti scpinion Zyo terrors Izaya. MiyoKa Waszap iLlama Sky Might Fall Dream Eater Gengar StarBlim
Hey Confluxx, this is a really awesome team, and a well formatted RMT! I have a few suggestions though that I think will make all the more worthwhile!
  • I don't see the need for Zen Headbutt on Victini once so ever, so instead of that I would replace it for Blue Flare so you can still sweep Bug and not have to risk V-Create drops. This is especially handy for Scarf Heracross.
  • I feel like the team in general is a little passive, and LO Hoopa doesn't quite cut it as a wallbreaker, especially since it's hindered by LO damage and if it sets up substitue. For that I would reccomend Choice Specs so you're basically gaurenteed to break almost everything in the game! Choice Specs also makes it significantly stronger, which is a nice perk.
  • Lastly, im a little iffy about your Latias EVs, while a good speed tier for sure I'm not 100% on what major threat(s) you're outspeeding. Instead, try 252 HP / 228 def /28 spe. This gives you a lot more physical bulk, and the speed EVS allow you to completely outrun Bisharp. You can probably add a few extra as well to creep 108 invested Zapdos if you really wanted.
Otherwise, fantastic team, im so glad you finally RMT'd it! (Additional suggestion: Id add the replays from the Seeded Tour, that's what gave you a lot of notariety initially)

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Hey Confluxx, this is a really awesome team, and a well formatted RMT! I have a few suggestions though that I think will make all the more worthwhile!
  • I don't see the need for Zen Headbutt on Victini once so ever, so instead of that I would replace it for Blue Flare so you can still sweep Bug and not have to risk V-Create drops. This is especially handy for Scarf Heracross.
  • I feel like the team in general is a little passive, and LO Hoopa doesn't quite cut it as a wallbreaker, especially since it's hindered by LO damage and if it sets up substitue. For that I would reccomend Choice Specs so you're basically gaurenteed to break almost everything in the game! Choice Specs also makes it significantly stronger, which is a nice perk.
  • Lastly, im a little iffy about your Latias EVs, while a good speed tier for sure I'm not 100% on what major threat(s) you're outspeeding. Instead, try 252 HP / 228 def /28 spe. This gives you a lot more physical bulk, and the speed EVS allow you to completely outrun Bisharp. You can probably add a few extra as well to creep 108 invested Zapdos if you really wanted.
Otherwise, fantastic team, im so glad you finally RMT'd it! (Additional suggestion: Id add the replays from the Seeded Tour, that's what gave you a lot of notariety initially)
Added replays, thanks for the suggestion!

Like I said, I know from experience that this team has troubles with Fighting-type teams as ironic as it may sound, that's the purpose of Zen Headbutt. V-Create wins against Bug either way. If I change Hoopa-U to Choice Specs that means I can't use Substitute so I'm left without a Bisharp check. I find a fast Mega Latias much more useful for outspeeding unboosted Mega Gyarados, Dragonite, Landorus, Galvantula and more. Maybe I'll try it out though, thanks for the suggestions!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Balor, really solid team!
I don't have any real changes to make in terms of sets but more of a preference in Victini's EVs. You gave Victini 4 SpA without really any need for it so instead I would suggest adding Blue Flare -> Zen Headbutt. Give Victini 32 SpA Evs more in excahnge for some attack this allows Victini to ohko the common choice scarf heracross 100% of the time rahter tban letting a crappy roll decide the game.
32 SpA Victini Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
So i sat on this for a couple of days because i debated if i should even bother saying anything but this is basically move for move the team i gave u for the mono ladder tour and a team i made about a year ago for mono premier league. This is like the 3rd team ive seen being stolen from someone and then rmt'd, not by u specifically but ive been seeing others doing it. Im just deciding to speak up bc its kind of annoying for someone else take credit for a team archetype I basically put on the map while no one else besides maybe thorn was attempting to use. Regardless of this you managed to make some changes and make the team worse. Next time i see someone rmt one of my masterpieces im not going to be so nice about it.

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
So i sat on this for a couple of days because i debated if i should even bother saying anything but this is basically move for move the team i gave u for the mono ladder tour and a team i made about a year ago for mono premier league. This is like the 3rd team ive seen being stolen from someone and then rmt'd, not by u specifically but ive been seeing others doing it. Im just deciding to speak up bc its kind of annoying for someone else take credit for a team archetype I basically put on the map while no one else besides maybe thorn was attempting to use. Regardless of this you managed to make some changes and make the team worse. Next time i see someone rmt one of my masterpieces im not going to be so nice about it.
I did mention you for giving me the idea for M-Lati over M-Garde in the teambuilding process.

All of the sets are the same as my previous team with Mega Garde except the megas are switched and Sub was added on Hoopa for Bish. It was Thorn who made the the "team archetype" popular when he peaked ladder with it. Nice job sounding like a dumbass though

edit: i found the team you gave me
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 144 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

Slowbro (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 176 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

When not even one set is the same...now you look even more stupid.
When you run helmet bro without grass knot in late ORAS and say i made it worse... yea just don't reply to this thread anymore

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
nah its not tht u cant use it. Its the fact the either myself or thorn both made this team before you and gave you it to ladder with and your lowkey tryna pass it off as your own. Like the shoutout is cool but dont kid yourself. Plus only reason i said anything is because i saw ace22 do the same thing to one of kaisers teams. And someone did it to paleos as well

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
nah its not tht u cant use it. Its the fact the either myself or thorn both made this team before you and gave you it to ladder with and your lowkey tryna pass it off as your own. Like the shoutout is cool but dont kid yourself. Plus only reason i said anything is because i saw ace22 do the same thing to one of kaisers teams. And someone did it to paleos as well
I saw you and Thorn use your M-Latias teams and I did give you credit for that but the version I RMT'd is not yours or Thorn's version. It's my old M-Garde team (which was also RMT'd a while back) with switched megas.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Balor your Pokemon are exactly the same as the ones in the team you said Sabella gave you and the only differences are a few EV spread and move changes, so it does seem like he has a basis for his accusations. I'm going to investigate this further but I'm locking this thread until it's resolved before it gets derailed even more. Also this is a note for everyone - if you're worried that someone has stolen your team, please PM one of the mods and do not publicly accuse as it leads to nothing but drama. Callouts have happened several times in the past and they just result in situations like this where the thread degrades into accusations and the poster attempting to to defend himself instead of constructive advice being posted.

Hey Confluxx!!! I decided to return the favour you did for me on my Mono Fighting RMT (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mono-fighting-balance-w-mega-medicham-please-rmt.3577788/ if you want to see it again). I really only see one thing I would change, and that is Gardevoir's attacks. In a metagame where teams share a common type, using JUST STAB and 2 support on a Scarfer looks kind of wierd to me. I would probably go Psyshock, Moonblast, Energy Ball, and Focus Blast. Great team though (Definitely better than mine)

Reactions: 6ti

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)