Bliss, Thorn, ... Bro?

I remember making a team heavily based on four pokemon... Those being Slowbro, Blissey, Conkeldurr, and Magnezone. I'm trying to ressurect that team, but I couldn't remember those last two spots. Thus, this is my attempt to finish off the the team:

The Defensive Core
I usually prefer to plan a 3 Pokemon defensive core, as I don't like the popular 2 man teams.
Slowbro
(Hermes)
>Item:Leftovers >Ability:Regenerator >Nature:Bold >EVS: Hp-252, Def-252, SpA-4
1. Scald
2. Slackoff
3. Flamethrower
4. Icebeam
~Slowbro is physically devoted, taking the majority of fighting type attacks , a common physical threat and keeping Blissey safe. For Ferro he takes fighting as well, and any unlikely physical fire. Magnezone's ground weakness ends here, as well as Gyara's rock. He also handles dragons well, and takes boosted attacks well enough to come back and do it again. His biggest problems are dark type attacks, special sweepers, and being stalled by water/grass types. I know he's not OU, but I see potential in him.

Blissey
(Medik)
>Item:Leftovers >Ability:Natural Cure >Nature:Careful >EVS: Hp-4, Def-252, SpDef-252
1.Wish
2.Toxic
3.Seismic Toss
4.Protect
~Pretty Standard fare here. You almost can't go wrong with this thing. Blissey covers the opposite end of the spectrum for Slowbro, and does it well. It eats up grass and electric moves, though leaving dark and bug threats. Gyarados expects Bliss to take electric moves, while Conkeldurr fears psychic and Magnezone fire. It carries toxic, but it does a much better job of taking damage than dealing it, even in the long run. And let's not forget it's namesake: Wish. While protect lets it heal itself safely, sometimes not protecting and switching to another pokemon who was previously incapacitated will catch a foe off guard.

Ferrothorn
(Hades)
>Item:Leftovers >Ability:Iron Barbs >Nature:Sassy >EVS: Hp-252, Def-88, SpDef-168
1.Spikes
2.Leech Seed
3.Gyro Ball
4.Protect
~I don't care much for him, but as a mixed defender he covers up the cracks between the other two. I originally had Forretress in this spot, but Ferro's typing and stats better fit. He gets Blissey's nasty leftovers for slowbro, picking up the dark and bug moves. He's also an alternative defender to swap in for Blissy and Slowbro if the switching is getting too predictable, or I need to try a different method for stalling. Spikes and leech seed are good ways to penalize for switching, and handing off a leech seed tends to force a switch, if not ensuring a kill.

The Offensive Core
The attackers on my team usually aren't terrific sweepers, so much as they are insurance to make sure the defender's threats are dead. Yes, this means it's truly a stall team in the end.
Magnezone
(Mainframe)
>Item:Choice Scarf >Ability:Magnet Pull >Nature:Modest >EVS: Hp-4, SpA-252, Spe-252
1.Volt Switch
2.Hidden Power (Fire)
3.Thunder Shock
4.Flash Cannon
~Magnezone with hidden power is obviously a murderer of steel types, especially the nasty Ferrothorn and Scizor who would otherwise ruin Slowbro. The choice scarf also makes him a well suited revenge killer and scout, getting rid of faster yet frail threats I'd prefer not to deal with. Slowbro eat earthquake and fighting moves for him for days, while Ferrothorn can be a safe back up when Bro is too weak or too obvious.

Conkeldurr
(Sensei)
>Item:? >Ability:Guts >Nature:Adamant EVS: Hp-120, Atk-252, SpDef-136
1.Bulk Up
2.Mach Punch
3.Drain Punch
4.Stone Edge
~Despite being an excellent hitter, this guy, like the other attackers on the team, is reduced to cleaning up the crumbs the defenders leave behind. Of course he's still great for taking out bulkier non-steel walls like grass types, and offending blissey. In a pinch, mach punch can make a good revenge snipe as well. No fear of psychics with Blissey around, and Ferro covers up flying and psychocks quite well. I'm not sure what item to give him. Black belt? Expert belt? Life Orb?

Gyarados
(Leviathan)
>Item:Leftovers >Ability:Intimidate >Nature:Adamant EVS: Hp-56, Atk-248, Spe-204
1.Substitute
2.Dragon Dance
3.Waterfall
4.Stone Edge
~Usually showing up as a punishment for a bad switch, Gyarados is not the only contender for this last spot on the team. In terms of strength and synergy, Infernape and Salamence were also vying for this spot, but I'm trying him out first. So far so good. Gyrados' crippling electric weakness is handled by Ferrothorn and Blissey, while rock is non-problematic as the common Stone Edge goes to Slowbro. To be honest, this last spot on the team is the least thought out, as I'm not entirely sure what should go here.

In the end the only thing missing is a spinner, but I haven't seemed to mind the rocks much yet.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there. Pretty cool team you got there with 3 walls and 3 sweepers. I'd like to make some suggestions to help make this team better. Firstly, when I took a look at the Offensive core, I'd suggest that you can use a Choice Band Conkeldurr in place of your current set. When equipped with a Choice Band, Conkeldurr reaches a mighty high Attack of 634, which is enough to KO many threats in OU. On Slowbro, you can use Psyshock>Flamethrower as Magnezone has HP Fire for some steel types that may threaten your team, also it gives Slowbro extra insurance on Fighting Pokes. Well, thats all I got for now. I hope these tips helped and that you try them out and give me feedback on how you like them. You also want to include an importable version of your team. Have fun, and good luck with your team!

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band Lv. 100 -- Guts
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Mach Punch
Superpower
Payback
Stone Edge

Dr Ciel~

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have one small suggestion. While Choice Scarf Magnezone is a good Pokemon in its own right, it is actually incapable of really revenge killing anything with a Speed boost, as it fails to outspeed Starmie. With this in mind, I have two possible solutions to this problem.

Solution 1:
- Change Magnezone's moveset to Substitute | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice | Charge Beam / Flash Cannon, item to Leftovers / Air Balloon and EVs to 36 Hp | 252 SpA | 220 Spe.
-- This is Magnezone's Substitute set. With it, Magnezone can hide behind a Substitute and either boost with Charge Beam or just attack.

Solution 2:
- Change Magnezone to Magneton. Magneton is ten base Speed points faster than Magnezone, allowing it to actually revenge kill things. Magneton is weaker than Magnezone, however, so be careful.

Hi Chaoswalker! You have a cool team! I just have a couple recommendations to make:

On Slowbro, I would replace Flamethrower for Thunderwave. With Magnezone having HP Fire and trapping Steels for you, there's no need to have Slowbro deal with them. It's main use is only against Ferrothorn really, as Scizor will just U-Turn out for the super-effective hit, and switch to somebody else. Thunderwave helps permanently cripple dangerous threats and slow them down, helping your Gyarados and Conkeldurr set up easier and sweep easier.

For Blissey, Careful nature isn't really the best. She needs all the defense she can get, as her Special Defense is already fantastic, so you should switch from Careful to Bold Nature.

On Ferrothorn, I highly recommend you put Stealth Rock on him. You don't have Rocks on your team currently, and it is a HUGE asset for you. It only takes one turn to set up, and the residual damage is causes to most Pokemon is great for helping your Gyarados and Conk sweep. Right now I would say put it over Protect, as I'm not sure how useful it is for you, (I can only think it's used for scouting reasons). However, if you really love Protect, I would put Stealth Rock over Spikes, as many Pokemon are immune to Spikes and they take longer to set up. So, in summary, replace either Protect or Spikes with Stealth Rock.

Magnezone's set really confuses me. Thunder Shock? Why on earth do you have that move lol? I think the last time I used that was against the Water Gym in Yellow. Did you by chance mean Volt Switch?

With a Modest Nature, there's actually not that many Pokemon you outspeed that pose a threat to you. I would switch to a Timid nature, but I think you should replace the Scarf outright. Most threats you're countering with Magnezone (steels) are already slower than it anyways, and since you're trapping them in the scarf isn't really needed. I recommend this set:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid
Magnet Pull
-Thunderbolt
-HP Fire
-Substitute
-Flash Canon

With this set, Magnezone can switch into Steels and set up a Sub. Behind it, Magnezone can eliminate the steel and be safe against the next oncoming Pokemon. Thunderbolt and Flash Canon are powerful STABs, and you can actually cause a lot of damage to the opposing team, provided Magnezone is behind a Sub or the enemy is paralyzed from Slowbro :p. The speed EV's help outrunning Scizor.

Well, that's what I have to say, good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)