SV OU Black Sabbath ~ SD Hands + Gambit BO (Peaked Top 400 1700s)

4F164B4C-771C-4FA4-AA35-E3E849032F4A.jpeg
3F5BAF61-6DD5-4098-B0FE-CD37490D3FB5.jpeg
96ECBB5E-A845-499E-B8C6-844A03B99B25.jpeg
872A7510-CDB4-4D66-B705-4B8C06B27A42.jpeg
6951BE24-DDC8-4402-8068-07AF5B80BB33.jpeg
452DCAD5-DFA3-4646-89BE-8225B715547A.jpeg

Description: The team is comprised of 2 Breakers, 2 Wincons, and 2 Supports. The purpose is to have a balance between overwhelming offensive and durable defensive. It makes use out of my favorite mon to use in the tier, Iron Hands. It provides so much offense and defense on a team due to its bulk, typing, and access to SD. The team is meant to maintain constant pressure whether through status, hazards, pivoting, or raw damage. I definitely recommend this team if you want a solid BO team with a bit of flair and with Black Sabbath references.

Iron Man (Iron Hands) @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

The main man of the team. Iron Hands’ role is to break holes, trade hits, and to check numerous threats such as Pao, Gambit, Dnite, Roaring Moon, etc. Max attack Adamant for as much damage potential as possible. Defense EVs are spread to even out its overall bulk. Allows it to live hits at full such as….

-Tusks Headlong Rush without Booster Energy
-Chi-Yu Specs Overheat
-Non-Specs Valiant Moonblast (after rocks)
-Specs Pult Draco after rocks

Tera Flying is to stuff out Tusks and Rkill Roaring Moon.

Children of the Grave (Dragapult) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

The speed control and breaker of the team. Considering Pao mostly runs Adamant and the fastest relevant thing in the tier besides Meow who runs mostly Scarf is Roaring Moon. Hence why I ran Modest with enough speed to outrun it, with some EVs left I used it to maximize physical bulk to live a possible hit in a pinch. Modest Sballs and Dracos hit many of the physical walls that Iron Hands or Kingambit might have difficulties with such as Dondozo, Dirge, and even Tusks. Tera Dragon is unconventional, but with how few fairies there are in the tier, it lets Pult fire off powerful Dracos that can rkill even the fattest of Annihilapes. It also hits Garg for insane damage. Pairs well with the other members as they can exploit Garg.

Fairies Wear Boots (Volcarona) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Morning Sun

Bulkarona but after a diet consisting of eating nothing but McDonald’s. Its bulk has been maximizing to take hits from Valiant, Pao, Loom, Ape, and Gambit. Its role is as a defensive pivot that can inflict burns and flip the game with Quiver Dance. 32 speed evs for outrunning Valiant at +1. This is the team’s soft check to Ape, being able to burn it and resist Rage Fist. Just be careful with faster variants. What is great about it is you can sack it later in a game to get off a burn. Tera Ground lets it cleave through Iron Moth and Chi-Yu.

Neon Knights (Kingambit) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Serves multiple purposes on the team. Hazard setter, anti-HO, ghost resist, speed control, ground immune with Tera Flying, and cleaner. I already had SD Iron Hands, so I slotted in rocks on Kingambit since it can force switch-ins on several mons and get up hazards. Kingambit is such a great mon no matter if its early, mid, or late game.

A National Acrobat (Quaquaval) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aqua Step
- Rapid Spin
- Roost
- U-turn

Quaxslay is on spinning and Chi-Yu checking duties. It has several qualities over Great Tusk even if it is the better spinner. It checks the two big threats in the meta rn in Chi-Yu and Pao. Boasts reliable recovery, has U-Turn so it can act as a pivot, and this.

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quaquaval: 115-136 (30.7 - 36.3%) -- 58.2% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Quaquaval Aqua Step vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 106-126 (33.6 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This means if Ghold switches into Aqua Step, it loses the 1v1 which are feats the Donphans don’t have without AV. It chose Quaval as it forms a nice defensive core with Volc, Clod, and Gambit while being able to U-Turn on bulky waters, Corv, or Amoonguss to bring in Pult and Iron Hands. Even with no Atk investment, Aqua Step can spiral out of control if the opposing team doesn’t have durable resists or strong rkillers.

N.I.B (Clodsire) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb/Unaware
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic

The team’s premier electric immune, spike setter, and special wall on the team. While passive on the surface, Clodsire is one of the few Pokemon in the game to still have access to Toxic. It pairs nicely with Iron Hands as its special bulk complements Iron Hands’ physical bulk. Together with Volc, they keep Valiant in check. The choice between Unaware and Water Absorb is up to preference, but personally I like the latter to completely stuff out Washtom who would be very annoying for the team otherwise. This is probably the last thing on the team to Tera in a game, but Tera Fire can be used to 1v1 Dirge, completely wall Floatzel, all while keeping its Valiant checking capabilities.

Notes/Tips•
-Play aggressively. Its not called a Bulky Offense team for nothing. Condition the opponent with double switches or U-Turns, trade hits if necessary.

-Against Tusks, either try to kill it early with Pult, get a lucky burn off with Volc Flame Body procs, or Tera Flying with either Kingambit or Iron Hands.

-When you set up rocks or spikes, don’t worry too much about Corv Defogging them away, this is an opportunity to go into Hands, Volc, or Pult to keep up the pressure.

-Against HO, lead off with Gambit or Pult. They can pressure HO teams with the former’s bulk and Sucker Punch, and the latter’s ability to ignore screens and its raw speed. You can also trade hits with Volc to get a 30% burn chance, or Iron Hands to take a clutch hit. This team was built to be tanky enough to withstand the raw hits of HO teams while being able to fight back.

-Save Kingambit for the endgame, even resisted Sucker Punches hit like trucks and kill thanks to Supreme Overlord, especially once the team is weakened by previous assaults.

-There is a saying, a Gambit a day keeps Espathra away, so please preserve it vs HO teams with the ostrich. Its common knowledge but I can’t stress it enough since if it is gone, the team has a hard time fighting it.

Threat List•

42FC071E-DF03-4D21-A709-82BC7167A398.png

Without Tera Flying, Tusks can be a hassle, especially offensive variants. Which is why its is important to play aggressively to minimize the opportunities for it to get in.

BEC2139B-29FF-49D6-ADAD-4D6AA11E886F.png

Blaze Breed Tauros can be annoying. Switches into Iron Hands and Kingambit. Is immune to Flame Body. Pult can’t switch in repeatedly, Clodsire is a flimsy switch in. Quaval doesn’t like getting burnt. Against this mu, try getting hazards up quickly and overwhelm it in the long-term.

33EE645A-1DEE-498B-9284-C130290523BC.png
9B0F0A3F-C923-45C8-9970-73C9B4F9DF2A.png

Due to a lack of fire resists besides Quaval who is killed by Scovillaim, Sun can be difficult to fight with this team, especially since this archetype tends to carry Tusks. The play is to kill Torkoal as early as possible with hazards and Pult, or luring Torkoal with Tera Ground Volc. Also keeping Kingambit alive and let Supreme Overlord do its thing can also help with the Sun mu.

4DC3496C-DB41-41FB-9AE9-7A978EDE802E.jpeg

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/c20930b189e613cc

Hey, very interesting team here. I have a few suggestions but before that I would like to point out a couple things.

Unless I am calcing something very wrong, Iron hands does NOT live a Specs Chi-Yu Overheat. The calc in fact does show that it does, but you need to account for Beads of Ruin. For the second calc I put the SpDef at 156.

252 SpA Choice Specs Chi-Yu Overheat vs. 0 HP / 140 SpD Iron Hands: 373-439 (83 - 97.7%)
252 SpA Choice Specs Chi-Yu Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Hands: 495-583 (110.2 - 129.8%)

The next thing is Tera Ground Volcarona. I know it hits both Iron Moth and Chi-Yu, but can't you just keep setting up in front of those? Specially vs Iron Moth, I fail to see what it does to you in return when you have Morning Sun. I feel like this Tera on Volcarona is a bit of a waste since you don't really need it to do it's job. Both Quaquaval and Clodsire should be able to hang enough vs Chi-Yu anyway, and Pult + Clodsire can handle Iron Moth, so I don't think you NEED to waste your tera to get rid of them.

To start mentioning some extra weaknesses I wanna start with HO teams but particularly Espathra. Kingambit can just not deal with the fighting version. But even if vs Fairy, it feels like it and Iron Hands are barely holding the team together vs stuff like Dragonite behind Screens/Sub. This does get easier with Unaware Clod, but in return you become extremely weak to rain teams.

The other one I want to mention are Clodsire fat teams. The bad thing about this Quaquaval is that Rocks/Spikes are going to stay up vs Clod maybe even both. In a team where you main breaker is Dragapult that's a problem since it limits your opportunities a lot. Kingambit could help, but both Skerelidge and Talonflame can deal with it or at the very worst trade and burn it. I am thus a bit of unsure of what's the gameplan vs teams like this one.

Onto what I would do.

Volcarona -> Tera Fairy + Will-O-Wisp
Kingambit -> Tera Fire
Clodsire -> Tera Dark

I think most of these changes are self explanatory. Tera Dark Toxic Clod helps vs Espathra. Tera Fairy Volcarona is just a change in perspectives for what Volc can do for the team. Will-O in particular helps vs physical attackers like Dragonite so Iron Hands doesn't get overwhelmed and can focus on dealing damage. Tera Fire Kingambit can't get burned; still though vs Dondozo fat but I feel it's a bit more managable than before.

The other thing I had in mind was Great Tusk + AV Azumarill over Iron Hands and Quaquaval. This would give you a still need spinner, would preserve a pokemon that can check Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao, and give you a Knock Off to help cripple Balance/Fat, particularly getting rid of Donzo boots. This is just an afterthought so maybe give it a change if you think it's worth, though Roaring Moon would get trickier.

Hey, very interesting team here. I have a few suggestions but before that I would like to point out a couple things.

Unless I am calcing something very wrong, Iron hands does NOT live a Specs Chi-Yu Overheat. The calc in fact does show that it does, but you need to account for Beads of Ruin. For the second calc I put the SpDef at 156.

252 SpA Choice Specs Chi-Yu Overheat vs. 0 HP / 140 SpD Iron Hands: 373-439 (83 - 97.7%)
252 SpA Choice Specs Chi-Yu Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Hands: 495-583 (110.2 - 129.8%)

The next thing is Tera Ground Volcarona. I know it hits both Iron Moth and Chi-Yu, but can't you just keep setting up in front of those? Specially vs Iron Moth, I fail to see what it does to you in return when you have Morning Sun. I feel like this Tera on Volcarona is a bit of a waste since you don't really need it to do it's job. Both Quaquaval and Clodsire should be able to hang enough vs Chi-Yu anyway, and Pult + Clodsire can handle Iron Moth, so I don't think you NEED to waste your tera to get rid of them.

To start mentioning some extra weaknesses I wanna start with HO teams but particularly Espathra. Kingambit can just not deal with the fighting version. But even if vs Fairy, it feels like it and Iron Hands are barely holding the team together vs stuff like Dragonite behind Screens/Sub. This does get easier with Unaware Clod, but in return you become extremely weak to rain teams.

The other one I want to mention are Clodsire fat teams. The bad thing about this Quaquaval is that Rocks/Spikes are going to stay up vs Clod maybe even both. In a team where you main breaker is Dragapult that's a problem since it limits your opportunities a lot. Kingambit could help, but both Skerelidge and Talonflame can deal with it or at the very worst trade and burn it. I am thus a bit of unsure of what's the gameplan vs teams like this one.

Onto what I would do.

Volcarona -> Tera Fairy + Will-O-Wisp
Kingambit -> Tera Fire
Clodsire -> Tera Dark

I think most of these changes are self explanatory. Tera Dark Toxic Clod helps vs Espathra. Tera Fairy Volcarona is just a change in perspectives for what Volc can do for the team. Will-O in particular helps vs physical attackers like Dragonite so Iron Hands doesn't get overwhelmed and can focus on dealing damage. Tera Fire Kingambit can't get burned; still though vs Dondozo fat but I feel it's a bit more managable than before.

The other thing I had in mind was Great Tusk + AV Azumarill over Iron Hands and Quaquaval. This would give you a still need spinner, would preserve a pokemon that can check Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao, and give you a Knock Off to help cripple Balance/Fat, particularly getting rid of Donzo boots. This is just an afterthought so maybe give it a change if you think it's worth, though Roaring Moon would get trickier.
Thank you for the suggestions, but is there a way for me to keep Iron Hands on the team? Removing it or Gambit would defeat the whole purpose of building the team to begin with? I also been having a hard time with Chomp and Tusks. I want to replace Quaval for Corv but then I have no fire resist besides Pult who dies to Chi-Yu. What do you suggest?

is there a way for me to keep Iron Hands on the team? Removing it or Gambit would defeat the whole purpose of building the team to begin with? I also been having a hard time with Chomp and Tusks. I want to replace Quaval for Corv but then I have no fire resist besides Pult who dies to Chi-Yu. What do you suggest?
I suggest putting rotom wash on the team Here's the set

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Thank you for the suggestions, but is there a way for me to keep Iron Hands on the team? Removing it or Gambit would defeat the whole purpose of building the team to begin with? I also been having a hard time with Chomp and Tusks. I want to replace Quaval for Corv but then I have no fire resist besides Pult who dies to Chi-Yu. What do you suggest?
The last part was just a smol thing I was thinking of. You can prolly keep the original 6 and see how it goes. I'll give it a few games later on. Corvi could be fine but not sure you want to add a fire weak while removing a fire resist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)