BL team: For Great Justice!

Basically the premise of this team is straight BL. I really dislike the majority of OU, and putting an UU team in the OU metagame is completely overdone and too novelty for me. So some friends of mine and I decided to try throwing a bunch of BL's into OU, and this seems to work somewhat decently, but still needs a bit of work.

Bruce Wayne (Crobat) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 160 HP/216 Spd/132 SAtk
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- U-turn

Simple enough, we've all seen this however many times before. Counter opposing leads by putting them to sleep, then Taunt whatever switches in. U-Turn out when the job is done or if Brucey can't handle it.

Megan Gwynn (Mesprit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/164 Def/92 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic / Reflect / Thunder Wave / U-Turn

After Crobat's done it's job I'll usually switch out to this and start laying down some rocks. Its base 105 defenses make it a pretty decent tank and pseudo-sweeper, especially against Gyarados, Gliscor, dragons, etc. After I throw rocks down I'll either switch out to Milotic, or stay in and take care of nuisances early on. I have a lot of options for the fourth slot; I'm using Psychic right now because of Infernape, but I could just as well go with Reflect to complement Milotic's Light Screen. Thunder Wave and U-Turn are on there, but I wouldn't see myself using them that much; I have enough speed on my team to get away with not really needing Thunder Wave, and I already have U-Turn on Crobat and I'm not sure how a U-Turn chain would work out.

Nessie (Milotic) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 25 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Surf
- Recover

So at this point at least one Pokemon is incapacitated and my rocks are down. Hopefully. So now I can switch into Milotic and set up some barriers and start poisoning stuff, forcing a lot of switches. Surf, of course, is for STAB, and Recover is to help Nessie last long enough to be able to fulfill its purpose.

Fat Bastard (Hariyama) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP/180 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Whirlwind

Pseudo support, pseudo phazer, pseudo tank, pseudo sweeper, whatever. This thing's pretty versatile. Start off with Knocking Off what I don't like, like Leftovers, doing a good job of pissing off the opponent (because I'm sure he's more than annoyed at this point). Tyraniboah pisses me off, as well as any subber, so I have Whirlwind. Takes care of the potential sweep and gives me some free SR damage.

Jabba the Hutt (Slaking) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Hell yeah. Physical sweeper/revenge killer that cleans up very nicely late-game. Also serves as my answer to sweeping Ghosts and Psychics that scare me early-game. A Choice Banded 160 base Attack Pursuit is fairly effective, to say the least. Return completely destroys everything that doesn't resist it, and Earthquake and Fire Punch take care of that. Not to mention base 100 speed also makes it a pretty good revenge killer. This takes a lot of prediction to pull off, but it's amazing when it works.

Poison Ivy (Roserade) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

Special sweeper for late-game. Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb provide pretty good STAB coverage, Shadow Ball takes care of Rotom-H that decides to switch in on Roserade all the time, and Hidden Power Ice screws up every flying-type that switches in, especially that slut of a Skymin. Unfortunately, Steel Types completely wall this set, which is why Hidden Power Fire is an option. But I'm not sure how willing I am to replace HP Ice since it guarantees a Skymin/Dragon/Gliscor KO.

Sure it needs some work, but I don't know what and I don't know where.

Comments/suggestions would be great.

Specs Leaf Storm OHKOs Hippowdon, Gliscor, and TTar. I run a Specs Roserade like this:
Roserade @ Choice Specs
252 Spd/252 Satk
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fire

Note: Even after SpA drop a crit Leaf Storm will OHKO Gliscor!!! Does around 70% after SpA drop, at least that happened to me once...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)