Billy Mays, 50, found dead in his home.

Apparently, Billy Mays was found unresponsive this morning by his wife. She called the 911 and he was pronounced dead when they arrived. So far, this is little news on what took place. An autopsy report is expected by Monday afternoon. Apparently, he died in his sleep according to an official Discovery Networks spokesperson. Only a couple of articles are surfacing on the web as of yet.

For those that don't know, Billy Mays was a TV salesman, probably the most successful and famous ever. He was linked with such products as OxiClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom, and many, many other products. Recently, the Discovery Networks aired a TV show that starred Billy and fellow Pitchman, Anthony Sullivan called Pitchmen.

I'm personally very saddened by this news. Billy had a great personality, and from what I understand, was a very generous and well liked person. And, his show was amazingly entertaining. RIP Billy Mays, you will be missed.

Billy Mays autopsy results have been announced by the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's office today. The shocking news is Billy Mays likely died from heart disease not a bump on the head. His autopsy showed no signs of head trauma. Although no offical cause of death has been given the coroner said all signs point to heart disease. Billy Mays had no known symptoms of heart disease before his death. Final autopsy results will not be in for 6 to 8 weeks.
UPDATE:

A great recording TheMantyke posted. It's a conversation between a radio host, and close friend of Billy, Anthony "Sully" Sullivan. It really shows how close these guys were.

Also a good article about the passing of Billy, and a youtube video showing his great spirit and world-loving nature.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
OH MY GOD!

Billy Mays?!? B-b-but.........why?!? Is this celebrity death month or something?

David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays...THIS IS THE WORST MONTH EVER! D:

Agreed... He was on a flight that had its front tires blow out, but I don't think that's related to death. No one was injured, besides bumps and bruises...

Holy crap, this is unbelievable. I'm a fan of pitchmen and have always gotten a chuckle out of Billy's advertisements...

Wow. What a dark week.

NO! :'(

Ah, he was a favorite of mine. I don't know why, his voice was slightly annoying, but he was just, I don't know, cool? He also lived near me, like just a few miles north of my home. May he RIP.

Yeah, Pitchmen was a really good show. It was a documentary of their process of picking out designs to sell and stuff. Very entertaining, and an interesting view of something you don't get to see.

This shook me up more than michael jackson.

Has anyone been watching pitchmen? Its really great.

He has kids too, one is very young girl.

I am glad that I did not know who the fuck Billy Mays is. It proves that I can still escape from some of the "celebrity" mania that stupidly sweeps this nation and causes threads like this to erupt from the people bemoaning someone dying who has not done anything useful in 20 years/ever logic.

The hell? What the hell is going on here? I can't remember the last time this many celebrities passed away in such a short time...

But damn, Billy Mays? Not you too...

Fuck off dude. We're not bemoaning him. We're noting the death of someone that we appreciated and was a part of our lives. Maybe we didn't know him personally, but we did know him from TV and he was a guy some of us really liked.

Also, he has done many things useful. He has helped many young and old inventors get their products into the markets. That's doing something.

I think that in the spirit of Billy Mays we should all talk in caps.

I AM SO SAD THAT BILLY MAYS DIED. HE WAS SO AWESOME AND I NEVER GOT TO WATCH HIS SHOW EVEN THOUGH I SAW THE COMMERCIALS.

RIP BILLY MAYS. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

I am glad that I did not know who the fuck Billy Mays is. It proves that I can still escape from some of the "celebrity" mania that stupidly sweeps this nation and causes threads like this to erupt from the people bemoaning someone dying who has not done anything useful in 20 years/ever logic.
Youre still on the internet on a pokemon forum. You havent removed yourself from society.

I dont get why anyone would come into this thread and say they dont care. (No one quote me in the mj thread that was different).

Hes not even much of a celebrity. He did things. He was a man who did work that happened to go on TV. Watch pitchmen even, hes really doing work.

So....fuck off.

OH MY GOD!

Billy Mays?!? B-b-but.........why?!? Is this celebrity death month or something?

David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays...THIS IS THE WORST MONTH EVER! D:
Add Sky Saxon (musician) to that list as well.

Bad week isn't it?

RIP.

I'm not sitting here wasting my day crying over the fact he died. I'm simply saying it's very unfortunate. Sure, maybe I am expressing grief, but I'm not distressed or wearing all black. Seriously. A death is a death. If a teacher at your school died that you never had, but was renowned in your school, and you respected their intellect, would you feel and distress or grief? And if you never knew them at all, would you tell people you were happy you didn't know him/her because you weren't a part of the bemoaning people? That's just rude and uncalled for.

CaptKirby, you can have the sentiments, but when it's dealing with someone that is never going to breath again, show a little respect. Sure, you might not give a shit, but there are people that do. Death is serious shit. So, grow up and realize that not everyone is you, nor do we want to be you.

He is enough of a "celebrity" to have a thread dedicated to him on the internet. He did not do things that mattered, most likely. Building a bridge matters more than making a television show, so I do not see how that is relevant to me.

I never claimed to have removed myself from society; I was expressing (obviously fake) relief that I still have sure proof I am not conformist like everyone clamoring about this in such a self-masturbatory manner.

I think it is perfectly clear why I am posting - because I find this distasteful and someone needs to point out that it is such. Again, just because someone dead does not make it the one time that no one is allowed to dissent. It makes it even more imperative since no one else is apparently willing to do so.

Finally, you even admitted you are a hypocrite about this issue. When you know that you are a hypocrite, here is the solution: do not bitch someone out about it, and even more pressingly do not act high and mighty to the point you say "fuck off" to someone who has not insulted you when you are in the inferior position by being a gross hypocrite.

Its pretty clear that you are just a Hater. Stuff like this just surprises people and reminds them that anything can happen. Here was a healthy, well known pitchman. Next day hes dead due to unknown causes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)