NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I was (and still am) convinced you're scum, so I was jumping to conclusions on how you were kept alive. My guess was that the kill on Clouds was coordinated in such a way that you didn't die. A scum doctor would do this.
Another possibility is that Nuxl does this.
Don't start tunnelling me now ffs >_>

We're in endgame, solve the game instead of assuming I'm scum fnr

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Uh I don't see this. How does targeting already scummy people make this role scum?

I can kinda accelerate the process of elimination. Plus once I'm outted and even when I'm not town gets complete control over my targets
Because in order to get double kills the mafia needs to use their own members to vote for the targets. The point is that your role looks towny because it'd be pretty broken on the mafia but if there are more restrictions that makes it less towny.

Don't love shadowpea's responses but as I said before, I'm leaning against shooting this slot today - the role feels like it would both be too strong on mafia and like mafia would have used it better / to get more kills. I think we should focus on Drookez / Spiderz / Whydon / Realiti today, we can deal with shadowpea later.

- friendly hydra

UncleSam

Leading this village
I was (and still am) convinced you're scum, so I was jumping to conclusions on how you were kept alive. My guess was that the kill on Clouds was coordinated in such a way that you didn't die. A scum doctor would do this.
Another possibility is that Nuxl does this.
I don't know if I buy Celever + Nuxl scum team. They've been pretty much at odds as far as I can recall.

Can you explain more why you feel like Celever is scum? DLE said the same thing and I guess I'm just not seeing the soul read on him that you two are.

- Friendly Hydra

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
Nuxl - A fairly weak chance. Jailkeeper is powerful enough as it is.
Psy - 1% chance. Role has been wiped and strongman kills have happened since then. Dependent on Psy/realiti/Ryo scumteam lying about a wiper.
Realiti - See Psy
Ryo - See Psy
shadow - A fairly weak chance. Mafia Cupid is powerful enough as it is.
Spiderz - N/A
Texas - An ok chance. Once he finds Haruno he's a redirector that would be dependent on a townie to agree with him. Having a useful passive would be valid on the side of this.
Sam - A very low chance. Inheriting the vig is kinda bonkers for scum.
Vizh - A fairly strong chance. Challenge setter is nigh useless for scum outside of engineering tasks that scum specifically are good at in order to secure extra votes in lategame. A powerful passive would be a must.
Whydon - An ok chance. A killpower-focused role works flavour-wise, where it kills anyone that targets him and also powers through protection. The mafia version of this role is Paranoid Gun Owner and is apparently more often town than scum but not exclusively town, and is considered an anti-town role in game design.
Why are you bringing up the people in tribe B when if there is something to disrupt my kill, it's in tribe A. If any of these are strongman/roleblocker/rolestopper then surely it's completely irrelevant to anything that happened in tribe A during N2?

Celever

i am town
Why are you bringing up the people in tribe B when if there is something to disrupt my kill, it's in tribe A. If any of these are strongman/roleblocker/rolestopper then surely it's completely irrelevant to anything that happened in tribe A during N2?
It might be irrelevant to N2 but it could be relevant on N4 and something else happened on N2. It's worth entertaining.

It's weird to me that you're ignoring the possibility of Drookez' accelerate affecting the kill. What do you think of that explanation

CaffeineBoost

I don't know if I buy Celever + Nuxl scum team. They've been pretty much at odds as far as I can recall.

Can you explain more why you feel like Celever is scum? DLE said the same thing and I guess I'm just not seeing the soul read on him that you two are.

- Friendly Hydra
There is absolutely 1 scum in Celever and DLE. The mechanical reasons I trust DLE more than Celever is that DLE's claim is verified. They are at least a Neighbourizer. Celever's role is completely unverified. Idled N1-N3, supposedly blocked on N4. We have nothing. As far as non-mechanical reads go, I've been suspicious of Celever from at least EoD 2. I'm also not a fan of the responses that Celever has given to my questioning, bringing up the possibility that somehow kills would be allowed across tribes for example.
If he's town and refusing to claim he's throwing bc he gets voted for it

If he's scum and refusing to claim he's throwing bc he gets voted for it

IDK how you read that post LOL
Don't start tunnelling me now ffs >_>

We're in endgame, solve the game instead of assuming I'm scum fnr
Recently as well I've been getting the tone of "You think I'm scum? Well then you must be an idiot!" from his posts. I don't think it was Celever that did this to me last time but in some game there was a scumteam of Hal + Someone else and they were doing this all the time.

In my neighbourhood chat with DLE, I've had nothing bad happen. I claimed Doctor to him during day 3 and have survived 2 nights afterwards. Now as Celever said, that could be deepwolfing, but I haven't read anything from DLE in our chat that I thought seemed scummy. The flavour they provided for their fake Doc claim fits with the idea of being a Neighbourizer and I don't remember seeing anything hinting towards a strongman in what they said. Again though, they'd probably try not to leave any of that in.

The short of it is: I'm certain that one of Celever/DLE is scum and managed to somehow kill Haruno through my doc. I find Celever way more suspicious than DLE.

Celever

i am town
Remind me of what the accelerate is? I don't remember Drookez claiming such a thing.
Accelerate ensures the target's action is successful, i.e. cannot be blocked

In the current setup, that just means it can't be jailed if Nuxl targets you. Sounds a lot likelier if you're town that it's to be used on the kill
There is absolutely 1 scum in Celever and DLE. The mechanical reasons I trust DLE more than Celever is that DLE's claim is verified. They are at least a Neighbourizer. Celever's role is completely unverified. Idled N1-N3, supposedly blocked on N4. We have nothing. As far as non-mechanical reads go, I've been suspicious of Celever from at least EoD 2. I'm also not a fan of the responses that Celever has given to my questioning, bringing up the possibility that somehow kills would be allowed across tribes for example.

Recently as well I've been getting the tone of "You think I'm scum? Well then you must be an idiot!" from his posts. I don't think it was Celever that did this to me last time but in some game there was a scumteam of Hal + Someone else and they were doing this all the time.

In my neighbourhood chat with DLE, I've had nothing bad happen. I claimed Doctor to him during day 3 and have survived 2 nights afterwards. Now as Celever said, that could be deepwolfing, but I haven't read anything from DLE in our chat that I thought seemed scummy. The flavour they provided for their fake Doc claim fits with the idea of being a Neighbourizer and I don't remember seeing anything hinting towards a strongman in what they said. Again though, they'd probably try not to leave any of that in.

The short of it is: I'm certain that one of Celever/DLE is scum and managed to somehow kill Haruno through my doc. I find Celever way more suspicious than DLE.
"certain that one of Celever/DLE is scum" dude where is Drookez in there

Celever

i am town

To take more of a stab at the only part of this post that doesn't completely disregard Drookez as a possibility for no reason

I do slightly think that anyone who still thinks I'm scum is an idiot. Sorry if that's offputting.

CaffeineBoost

Accelerate ensures the target's action is successful, i.e. cannot be blocked

In the current setup, that just means it can't be jailed if Nuxl targets you. Sounds a lot likelier if you're town that it's to be used on the kill

"certain that one of Celever/DLE is scum" dude where is Drookez in there
Drookez claims to have used the Accelerate (what I've been calling Empower) on N1 on M2H.

Drookez verifiably used Motivate on N2 on Clouds. Clouds is town and verified this by posting twice on N3 and acknowledging D3 that Drookez did something to him. If Drookez is a JOAT, even one with a role that could possibly get around my doc, then unless they're able to use several of their actions all on the same night (which they usually can't) then they couldn't have done anything to prevent my doc.

If Drookez used the Accelerate role to bypass my doc, then claiming to have used it M2H, a confirmed flipped town, is a very bold move given that Drookez would have no way of knowing M2H's role and that Clouds was told about Drookez motivating him. If M2H had an active role and was not told about being Accelerated, Drookez's claim would be obviously false.

This is why I don't think Drookez is the scum. Mind you while we're here...

Drookez What did you do N4?

CaffeineBoost

Drookez claims to have used the Accelerate (what I've been calling Empower) on N1 on M2H.

Drookez verifiably used Motivate on N2 on Clouds. Clouds is town and verified this by posting twice on N3 and acknowledging D3 that Drookez did something to him. If Drookez is a JOAT, even one with a role that could possibly get around my doc, then unless they're able to use several of their actions all on the same night (which they usually can't) then they couldn't have done anything to prevent my doc.

If Drookez used the Accelerate role to bypass my doc, then claiming to have used it M2H, a confirmed flipped town, is a very bold move given that Drookez would have no way of knowing M2H's role and that Clouds was told about Drookez motivating him. If M2H had an active role and was not told about being Accelerated, Drookez's claim would be obviously false.

Also if Drookez can accelerate the kill then someone else had to do it. So even if Drookez is scum, the Celever/DLE pool still stands.
That's specifically assuming it's an accelerated kill though.

Celever

i am town

IIRC by the time Drookez claimed to have used Accelerate on M2H, M2H had claimed they just had a passive role.

I can use multiple abilities in the same night, so it stands to reason that Drookez might be able to too. It's also possible that the cycling and self-protect are made up, and that he just has the accelerate and motivate abilities. If the cycling is real, it's possible that if he idles for a night (such as night 1) then he can use both abilities next night, otherwise he has to alternate between accelerate and motivate.

Self-Pres is completely unconfirmed, as is the cycling.

I asked Drookez what he did N4 a while ago.

Celever

i am town
Also if Drookez can accelerate the kill then someone else had to do it. So even if Drookez is scum, the Celever/DLE pool still stands.
That's specifically assuming it's an accelerated kill though.
Only Drookez said he can't self-target. If accelerate is a strongman, I think he's always allowed to self-target with it (and yes Tommy would say this in the Role PM don't quote the OP at me)

UncleSam

Leading this village

This is a really good point re. DLE. I was already leaning against him being scum but I am actively leaning town on him now. The fact he and Celever have been at odds isn't a great look for Celever either. If it were truly between Celever / DLE then I'm down to shoot Celever today. I'm struggling to understand why Drookez isn't suspicious to Caffeine though.

Da Letter El can you get in here again and analyze the recent posts (and since I'm biased especially tell me what you think of my reads / if you think I'm off-base on anything).

CaffeineBoost can you explain why you trust Drookez here.

- friendly hydra

Celever

i am town
Pointing out that drookez could've been fake claiming one shot acce when he's actually scum one shot strongman
oh.

OH.

I mean it's possible. The question is still wrt N2 we know that he also targeted Clouds with motivator. It means he'd have to be able to use multiple abilities at once, but it stands to reason that he can.

Alternative alternative theory is his abilities have a cooldown on them. E.g. strongmanning your own kill carries a cooldown of one night. In effect that makes it an even-night strongman. That gels better with the cycling claim too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)