Other [BH] Titanium (peaked #38)

Hi there and welcome to my second Balanced Hackmons RMT! The metagame has changed from my first RMT with the banning of both Primals, and I was struggling to build anything close to succesful for the current BH metagame. However after the ladder reset I came up with this, and as I'm sure you all read the title and you're tired of me speaking (well, writing), let's go onto the team:

(some music to listen at while you read the RMT)

Teambuilding process
I'm not going to post the whole teambuilding process as it was very long, but I'm gonna go a bit onto it. The team started very similar to my other BH pre-Primals ban (see the link above) but with god Sturdinja and a bulky pivot (meant to support Sheddy) in the Primal's place. I actually tested a lot of bulky pivots but settled on Soundproof Mega Slowbro because I had a huge Refrigerate Kyurem-Black weakness. I also changed Mega Mewtwo Y to Mega Gengar, because I was weak to opposing Sturdinja (because Sturdinja was meant to wall my sweepers). Then I asked for advice on the Other Metas room (huge thx to all you guys) and they told me to get rid of Deo-S and use Mold Breaker Giratina instead for Stealth Rock. However I was kind of weak to Dark and I wanted something way more offensive. Some ppl in the room told me I should've put rocks on my Sturdinja, so after a lot of testing, I decided to add another Sturdinja to the team.

The team at a glance

In depth

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Whirlpool
- Pain Split
- Recycle

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Quiet Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Recycle

Standard defensive pivot Sturdinja and the same set again but with rocks and Endeavor. Sturdinja is a really amazing pivot that forces out half of the metagame and grabs momentum with Baton Pass. Double Shedinja has quite a few advantatges I want you to notice. First, some players predict the Baton Pass and stay in, although they can't touch it. In that case, all you need to do is to Baton Pass to the other Sheddy. Second, outside of stall teams, most teams just carry 1-2 answers to Sturdinja, so if those answers kill one of the two Sheddys I'm still able to pivot, and if I remove those answers (Mega Gengar is destroyed by Mega Ray) and there's still a Sheddy standing... well, gg.
On the sets, Baton Pass is the move you should click 99% of the time until the opposing team has no answers to Sturdinja, so you easily grab momentum. Level 1 is chosen as Sturdinja can work at any level really, and together with the IVs, makes killing an Impostered Shedinja extremely easy (it still forces out Sturdinja though) as they literally get an awesome stat spread of xHP / 7Atk / 5Def / 6SpA / 5SpD / 4Spe. IVs and nature also make both Sturdinjas as slow as possible to get a slow Baton Pass for their teammates, as well as maxing out Whirlpool damage (well, you're at lvl1, so it doesn't really matter). Whirlpool and Pain Split together are your main sources to do damage on the first Sheddy (Whirlpool trapping effect is also useful, and Pain Split is basically Super Fang but with no contact), while on the second one you've got Stealth Rock for rocks over Whirlpool, so Pain Split is replaced by the high risk Endeavor to bring something down to 1HP. Recycle allows the Sheddys to get more Lum Berries should they need to absorb more status.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Milk Drink
- Skill Swap

Chansey is here because this is BH. From my first RMT: "I think there's nothing to explain here, as it's just the standard Imposter Chansey every single BH team must have. I went Milk Drink > Baton Pass as I prefer recovery to pivoting, and Chansey's life is just precious. You won't be using anything on here because you'll be transformed - but just in case, Fake Out breaks Illusion (watch out for Illusion Mega Gengar, though) and Skill Swap is for those Sub users. Transforming the opponent's mon in a Chansey with no good HP makes me laugh a lot." That's all I have to say really.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- V-create

Ah, Mega Ray. My favorite viable mon in BH. The monster. The ultimate sweeper. This is standard Aerilate Mega Rayquaza. Fake Out is basically free damage, and FakeSpeed grabs many 2HKOes against offense or anything weak to it. Boomburst is an insanely powerful nuke that 2HKOes almost everything, even resists. The only thing that can hope to live this is a dedicated wall that resists it. V-create bops Steel-types, 2HKOing Aegislash and Registeel. I used to run Sacred Fire in here, but Shedinja should wall this, so Imposter Chansey doesn't sweep me. Rock-types also wall Mega Ray, the rare Flash Fire Steel-types too.

Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Entrainment
- Heal Order

Soundproof Mega Slowbro is meant to support the Sheddys by bringing hazard control and cleric support. Soundproof is used to wall the -ates reliably. The set is passive as fuck and requires some skill, but works well. Aromatherapy and Defog support the Sheddys, Heal Order is mandatory recovery and then we've got Entrainment. Entrainment forces out A LOT of the meta as most of it relies on its ability to work well. Poison Healers, -ates, Protean abusers, Mold Breaker and friends, the list goes on. At this point is were skill is needed. When they're forced out, you need to predict and double, effectively making Mega Slowbro a pivot, but a risky one.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit

And finally there's Mega Gengar. The set is Mega Gengar's claim to fame Mold Breaker set, meant to sweep teams when priority is removed (Mega Rayquaza will help you with this) and killing both Imposters and Sturdinjas (it is the closest thing to a Sturdinja counter). Sturdinja is meant to wall my sweepers just in case Imposter comes in so I need them out of the picture (and Imposter can't come on Mega Gengar), so Teravolt Pursuit traps and demolishes them. Judgment + Spooky Plate for a reliable, powerful STAB that leaves Imposter with only Normal + Fighting coverage (Pursuit does around 30% max even after a Shell Smash) so Mega Gengar can 2HKO it in return (OHKO after a Shell Smash). Shell Smash should be only used late-game when there's no priority around to sweep and clean weakened teams.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final spoilers

Mega Tyranitar. Mega Tyranitar deserves a special mention among Rock-types (see below). Mold Breaker Mega Tyranitar, specifically, seems to be born to destroy this team. It can Pursuit trap my Sheddys to remove them, its Rock typing allows it to wall Mega Rayquaza, and its added Dark-type means that Mega Gengar and Mega Slowbro will definetely have a hard time with it. My best bet is to Secret Sword it in the face with Mega Gengar, but not even that OHKOes it (not even after Stealth Rock) and Mega Gengar can't switch in. If it comes in Mega Gengar, Secret Sword it and then send Mega Rayquaza to revenge kill it. Imposter works too to force it out and leave it for later. Thanks Arceus this is rare.

Rock-types. Rock-types wall Mega Rayquaza and Mega Gengar is too frail to switch in on anything. However, the Sheddys help enormously if they don't have Mold Breaker, allowing me to pivot to Mega Rayquaza to Fake Out them repeatedly (with Sheddy switching in to then bring Mega Rayquaza to the battlefield). The best answer to them is Mega Gengar though, due to its Secret Sword dealing just enough damage to 2HKO them, so if you can bring it in safely, problem solved. Mega Slowbro should wall most of them too, but it's just too passive sometimes.

Mega Gengar. Mega Gengar is not a threat (Mega Rayquaza destroys it) but prevents me from mindlessly switching a Shedinja in and getting brave with it.

Hazards. I have hazard control, but hazards are annoying because they prevent the Sheddys from pivoting, and Mega Slowbro is slow so it can't always Defog them. Most of the time, however, I'm able to take them out without much pain.

Sandstorm. And Hail too, but nobody uses that. Sandstorm is annoying because they prevent the Sheddys from switching in for 5-8 turns and the only thing I can do is to kill the setter (which is usually a Rock-type, see above) and wait.

If the Impostered Pokémon is...

A Sturdinja. Sturdinja 1 is forced out by Imposter, but Sturdinja 2 can't touch itself. The Imposter will Baton Pass if the player is good, but resort to Mega Gengar anyway so you can Pursuit trap and OHKO the Imposter if it stays in. Just watch out as the Imposter might Baton Pass and bring a Mega Gengar counter.

Mega Rayquaza. Both Sturdinjas wall it for sure, and if they're both dead, there's Mega Slowbro or even Chansey (Fake Out, then Metal Burst).

Mega Gengar. You're against a bad player. Mega Gengar itself can do the work for you. And if not, Mega Rayquaza.

Mega Slowbro. This thing is so passive it can't touch itself. And there's Mega Gengar too (demolishes it with its STAB). Most of the time they'll switch out though.

Sense títol.png

michaeloche thdhted jordanthejq12 Joshz my friends from the stupid things thread
Chopin Alkaninoff Piccolo Daimao Ransei Voltages Pikachuun and basically everybody on the Other Metas room thx for improving my team and for everything
(sorry if I missed somebody, pls PM me and I'll add you ASAP)

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- Milk Drink
- Skill Swap

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Quiet Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Recycle

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Quiet Nature
- Baton Pass
- Whirlpool
- Pain Split
- Recycle

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- V-create

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit

Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Entrainment
- Heal Order

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Haha nice to see he credit for the OM room Lel. On the team great team with some cool sets (soundproof bro) gj Man

One thing ID reccomend btw is a magic bouncer, maybe over Slowbro as it seems like the most expendable member and a magic bouncer like Registeel could check refrig Kyub while keeping hazards off much easier with it's ability and supporting Shedinja like that.

haxiom edit: use the "Edit" button next time please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha nice to see he credit for the OM room Lel. On the team great team with some cool sets (soundproof bro) gj Man

One thing ID reccomend btw is a magic bouncer, maybe over Slowbro as it seems like the most expendable member and a magic bouncer like Registeel could check refrig Kyub while keeping hazards off much easier with it's ability and supporting Shedinja like that.

haxiom edit: use the "Edit" button next time please.
I've actually tested Registeel as a bulky pivot in the past, problem is that most -ates carry a coverage move to bop Steels. For example, a lot of Kyurem-Black run Fake Out / Extreme Speed / Bolt Strike / Thousand Arrows.
Also you said Slowbro was cool ;_;

dude, running 2 sheddys means that you basically lose to moldy pursuit (also ur mgengar has 4 evs u can put in spd/def/atk)
Those 4EVs should go to Def, fixed.
OK you say I lose to mold breaker pursuit... any suggestions? (also mega gar which is the most common mold breaker pursuit gets destroyed by mega ray)

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
put safety goggles on one of your shedinjas, that way its a 4v6 instead of a 5v6 if you run into a weather team. i'd put them on the level 100, and perhaps adjust the spread for max speed and switch recycle out for destiny bond. 196 speed is still enough to outslow a majority of offensive threats for a slow switch, and if you happen to use baton pass before the opponent does anything, chances are that particular mon has a way to deal with shedinja. if they do directly switch out before you use baton pass, you can either switch into the level 1 shedinja and gain momentum back, or just switch into something that you can use to deal with whatever they've sent out. it might seem gimmicky, but being able to take out some of the slower mold breaker pursuit mons means that you'll have a much easier time using the other shedinja.

also on such a shedinja-reliant team, only having one form of hazard control from a mon as slow as megabro makes the team very matchup-reliant. it's mega slow, bro, so if your opponent sets rocks and brings in a hyper-offensive mon that can cleanly 2hko it after leftovers, you won't have a chance to heal before you switch back into shedinja after defogging, meaning that they just have to set rocks again and rinse and repeat, taking out half of your team in one fell swoop after they finish the 2hko on megabro. you also have to worry about the odd techno blast from -ate users (uncommon, but not uncommon enough to be disregarded).

that said, you're trying to be more offensive with your team than defensive, so unless you plan on taking something out in favour of secondary hazard control and maybe clerical support (prankster/regen/magic bounce registeel or regenvest regirock with rapid spin can both function quite well in those regards, but the latter doesn't help if you're being pressured by opposing moldy gengar), you might want to reconsider dedicating two teamslots to sturdinja.

also keep in mind that if your gengar loses a speed tie against a plated imposter, your only semi-reliable way of dealing with opposing shedinja are your own shedinjas, which can be very risky if they're using partial trapping. i also wouldn't even bother using pursuit on it, since it really doesnt matter if your opponent has shedinja after you've set gengar up. consider substitute.

also flash fire aegislash shits on your team's life if your gengar loses its plate; i'd consider putting slowbronite on megabro to allow it to soak up knock offs (and in-turn, reduce their supereffective damage) if that becomes an issue, even though without substitute you likely won't know they're going to knock off your plate until they do.

tl;dr your sturdinjas could be more versatile and efficient and your team seems to barely be able to support one sturdinja against hyper offense or balanced teams, let alone two. don't let negligence be the cause of unnecessary undead bug death.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)