Other Metagames [BH] Bad Trip (Peak #1)

Introduction

Here's a fun team I built based on Krookodile and somehow managed to peak the Suspect Ladder with. The team name is based on the fact that Krookodile is one of the few mons to legally learn Power Trip and the Fact that it's pretty bad ass! (Banner by estimed user Moosical)

Some Music inspired by Krookodile (Not suitable for younglings):

Teambuilding Process

I started out this team with the intention of using Krookodile knowing full well that its stats are underwhelming for the tier. So, after thinking long and hard, I decided its only notable factors that could justify its use were the duel Psychic and Electric immunities. Since Psychic Surge Mewtwo-Mega-Y (MMY) hits incredibly hard and can play around its checks nicely with Volt Switch I opted to use this as a basic Improof core.

Now I needed a solid physical wall that could be switched into when things got rough for MMY and could also improof Krook' so I settled for Zygod for its sheer bulkiness.

I wanted the team to be offensive but also to help to cover my ice weakness, so I added a Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal which can act as an offensive check to many mons and is a strong setup sweeper.

Despite this team aiming to be offensive, I still needed a check to -ate abilities which can otherwise demolish unprepared teams. A steel type fulfilled this role best so I went for the Steel King itself.

AT this point the team lacked any priority and only had one fast mon, so I added a traditional Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega for priority and strong wall-breaking power, especially useful since Registeel was already there to improof.

The Team

Purple Haze (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch
Purple Haze - Marijuana is the dried and shredded mix of leaves, flowers and other parts of the Cannabis sativa plant.
This is the main damage dealer of the team. With specs and Psysurge its Psychic moves hit any neutral target for insane damage. It outright kills all but the bulkiest mons in the tier and between its speed and ability it's rare not to get in the killing blow first. Psystrike is an obvious choice as a reliable STAB move that also has the advantage of hitting special walls that extra bit harder. Psycho Boost was chosen for its power with the intention of nuking a wall the switching out to safety. Moongeist Beam is to hit fellow Psychic Types super effectively whilst also providing another high power reliable move that can be safely used to clean up in some situations as well as dealing with Shedinja. Volt Switch is what makes this set so easy to play with; if you suspect a dark type will be switching in you can use this to instantly switch out to play around most walls with easy. Hitting Gyarados-Mega and Yveltal super effectively also means that they can often only switch in once before no longer being a check. The Hasty nature outspeeds a number of common Pokemon such as Gengar-Mega and to tie with opposing MMY the former can be easily OHKOed. (Art by motherlove )

Special K (Krookodile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Thousand Arrows
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike
Special K - ketamine hydrochloride a legal prescription anesthetic for both people and animals, but also used recreationally (coincidentally this is what Krook deals and how he earned his street name).
This is the real MVP of the team. It has one job and that is to switch into opposing imposters of MMY (which often go for volt switch in an attempt to gain momentum of Moongeist Beam- hoping to hit my own MMY super effectively but instead doing about 20% to this MoFo). After you've switched this in it proceeds to OHKO the imposter with pursuit enabling you to be much more carefree when using the team's offensive threats. The Item, Nature and Ability are all chosen to maximise the damage output of pursuit in order to guarantee a kill on any non Eviolite Chansey and to take out Eviolite Chansey 50% of the time from full health or guaranteed after it takes a Volt Switch (which is the purpose of minimising physical bulk on MMY). The rest of the set is designed to deal as much damage as possible with Knock Off providing a strong STAB with utility and Thousand Arrows being an excellent move which hits basically everything for at least neutral damage. Sunsteel Strike was suggested by someone on the ladder to hit Audino-Mega harder it has since then proved extremely useful in easing the matchup vs Shedinja.
Despite only having one role, the emphasis on damage output and its reasonable speed tier means it can clean up weakened teams once a few fast threats are removed. (Also by @Moosical... Is there anything he didn't do?)

Tina (Zygarde-Complete) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thousand Waves
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Slack Off
Tina - Methamphetamine an intensive stimulant with disinhibitory qualities.
This mon is an all round tank which checks almost every physical threat in the tier and is especially useful for providing a switch-in for Groudon-Primal which can otherwise sweep with belly drum sets or clean up with scarf sets. This is also the primary check for Poison Heal Regigigas and can sometimes check other PH users with Core Enforcer, especially if they can be trapped. Spectral Thief helps to deal with stat boosters and Thousand Waves provides a secondary STAB that hits Mega Diancie and Steel types for reasonable damage as well as potentially trapping imposters and easing predictions by preventing switching.(Art by Hassin627)

Black Mamba (Kyogre-Primal) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Scald
Black Mamba - a synthetic form of Cannabis.
This is the setup sweeper of the team as well as being able to absorb status and Knock Off once its Orb has activated. Quiver Dance is what it uses to set up without reducing bulk with Spore helping to break checks (especially RegenVest users) and to provide turns to stack boosts. Scald is chosen for its accuracy and pp while Ice Beam hits dragons super effectively and is chosen over Moonblast to be safer against imposters and also to hit water immune verities of Groudon-Primal harder. Due to its natural bulk and passive recovery this mon can be an emergency check to some -ate users and weaker cleanup mons. Modest is chosen to deal as much damage as possible. (Art by Willdbeast )

Magic Mushroom (Registeel) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Roost
- Anchor Shot
Magic Mushrooms - mushrooms with hallucinogenic effects that are eaten raw or dried.
The main purpose of this mon was to check as many -ate users as possible and since this team so far lacked any kind of switch-in for normalize Gengar-Mega I decided to use Registeel as a magic bouncer, which also helps to keep hazards off my side of the field since I have no hazard removal. Core Enforcer is to remove dangerous abilities from the things it's meant to check and to hopefully cripple anything that switches in. Anchor Shot helps to threaten fairy types that don't care about no cores enforcing them, as well as potentially OHKOing Diancie-Mega. U-Turn with minimum speed enables MMY to be safely brought in as often as possible to deal more damage while minimum speed also helps Core Enforcer to be as effective as possible at removing abilities. Sassy is to maximise Special Defence to better take -ate Boombursts and Judgements from Gengar-Mega. Shed Shell is to avoid trapping (mainly Magnet Pull since most Gengarite-Gengar can't deal with Magic Bounce users) but if both forms of trapping get banned the item will probably be swapped for Rocky Helmet or Leftovers. (Art - the term is used loosely - by Joyverse)

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Spore
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - L.S.D., a hallucinogenic drug manufactured from lysergic acid.
This was added to the team as a revenge killer to any frailer setup sweepers, especially special ones that Zygod cannot stop. The triple -ate STAB is standard to have strong priority which can act as a last minute answer to anything that outspeeds MMY and cant be walled by the two defensive team members and Boomburst is a strong spammable STAB that can 2HKO most of the tier. Spore is used in preference to a coverage move to enable Registeel to improof and also to cripple walls such as RegenVest Solgaleo which with luck can be broken though or to provide more opportunities later in the match for MMY or Kyogre-Primal to sweep. The Naive Nature enables it to outspeed a number of pokemon most notably Diancie-Mega. (Art by fsk)

Threat List

Mixed Groudon-Primal - Especially with Stakeout this can annihilate my only check and proceed to pick off members of my team at will, try to play around and kill with MMY or Rayquaza-Mega.
Setup Sweepers - The team has little (no) answer to these except playing offensively and keeping up pressure to keep opportunities for boosting to a minimum. Power Trip and Stored Power are especially troublesome.
Shedinja - Can be delth with by only two members of the team so requires great concentration to whittle down their team until they have no choice but to send it in vs the mons that can kill it. (Luckily the few users I faced were either too eager to switch it in or used it too sparingly.)
Gengar-Mega - specifically the Normalise variant which can cause great difficulty if allowed to set up in psychic terrain. Also the well known "DazzleSmash" APS Gengar-Mega can cause difficulties. Scouting and predictions are too necessary for my liking to deal with these.

Issues to Address

Any fixes to the aforementioned threats would be much appreciated along with answers to the following points:
Should I replace Zygarde-Complete with Giratina to easy the problems with Shedinja despite this making the team weaker to Power Trip?
Are there any easy ways to fit either Hazards or Hazard removal onto the team? I've been fortunate not to face the kind of Mold Breaker hazard stacking that a certain transcendent dragon champion always beats me with (not to mention any names...).
Can anyone think of a shorter appropriate nickname for Rayquaza-Mega because currently it is too long so displays as "Lucy in the Sky wi"...

Almost Over Now

Thank you anyone who read all this rubbish, I hope it was somewhat informative or at least provided a laugh at my expense.

Shoutouts:
Everyone mentioned as an Artist, competent or Joyverse, and everyone who owes me art (you know who you are).
Transcendent God Champion - Probably the first good BH player I ever faced and an incredibly helpful guy.
GL Volkner You have no idea how much I've spammed this guy about the team, so a shoutout for not blocking me yet. Also thanks for pointing me to the guy who did the banner.
Everyone in the BH community, especially the Discord who are (mostly) great people but I don't want to mention 7585 names.
Also aki0s for telling me how to embed media.

Purple Haze (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch

Special K (Krookodile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Thousand Arrows
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

Tina (Zygarde-Complete) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Slack Off

Black Mamba (Kyogre-Primal) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Magic Mushroom (Registeel) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Roost
- Anchor Shot

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Spore

Attachments

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
First of all I applaud you on making a team that is one of the most creative things I have seen on this website.

MMY:

Pretty solid I know, and first I thought if sacrificing every bit of bulk is worth but you have Psychic Surge that keeps it safe from -ate fakespeed so yeah.

Renekton Krookodile: I would suggest Precipice Blades instead of Thousand Arrows which lets Krookodile OHKO Primal Groudon in emergency.

Zygarde-C: I personally like Giratina as Fur Coat user more, and I also suggest using Dankinium Z with Parting Shot so you can:

1. Block Switcheroo from stuff like Groudon which would otherwise make Zygarde-C miserable for rest of the match
2. Heal your MMY / Krookodile / Rayquaza in emergency or even PH Ogre if it is too weak to switch in and wait for PH recovery
3. Your team has no Sturdy Shedinja switchin and Krookodile is the only one who can touch it
4. Dankinium Z > Safety Goggles even when dealing with PH Regigigas because most of them will carry Knock Off and will put you to sleep anyway, and it makes Knock Off stay at 65 BP:

252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 88-104 (17.4 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO
+6 252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 344-406 (68.2 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 58-70 (11.5 - 13.8%) -- possible 8HKO
+6 252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 232-274 (46 - 54.3%) -- 53.5% chance to 2HKO

5. It will be your spinblocker against stuff like AV Solgaleo

Kyogre-Primal:

Standard and solid set so no comment

Registeel:

The set looks good except your team has no Fairy to absorb Core Enforcer meaning Registeel can take Core Enforcer from stuff like Giratina and have it set stuff like Stealth Rock on your team.

Rayquaza-Mega:

Imposterproofed by Registeel okay.

Also, your team is VERY easily walled by opposing Registeel which commonly is Prankster and therefore mostly carries Haze to render your PH Kyogre powerless and Safety Goggles to block Spore from your Mega Rayquaza. Your team will be very efficient if opposing team only relies on Solgaleo as the Steel-type wall because it will be punished by your Krookodile. Make sure you prepare for various walls such as Registeel, AV Gyarados (Volt Switch hurts but your MMY switches out so...), PH Yveltal, Soundproof variants of Slowbro and Zygarde... and others.
I am aware my feedback isn't perfect but hope I said what helps. I enjoyed reading RMT after all.

First of all I applaud you on making a team that is one of the most creative things I have seen on this website.

MMY:

Pretty solid I know, and first I thought if sacrificing every bit of bulk is worth but you have Psychic Surge that keeps it safe from -ate fakespeed so yeah.

Renekton Krookodile: I would suggest Precipice Blades instead of Thousand Arrows which lets Krookodile OHKO Primal Groudon in emergency.

Zygarde-C: I personally like Giratina as Fur Coat user more, and I also suggest using Dankinium Z with Parting Shot so you can:

1. Block Switcheroo from stuff like Groudon which would otherwise make Zygarde-C miserable for rest of the match
2. Heal your MMY / Krookodile / Rayquaza in emergency or even PH Ogre if it is too weak to switch in and wait for PH recovery
3. Your team has no Sturdy Shedinja switchin and Krookodile is the only one who can touch it
4. Dankinium Z > Safety Goggles even when dealing with PH Regigigas because most of them will carry Knock Off and will put you to sleep anyway, and it makes Knock Off stay at 65 BP:

252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 88-104 (17.4 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO
+6 252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 344-406 (68.2 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 58-70 (11.5 - 13.8%) -- possible 8HKO
+6 252+ Atk Regigigas Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 232-274 (46 - 54.3%) -- 53.5% chance to 2HKO

5. It will be your spinblocker against stuff like AV Solgaleo

Kyogre-Primal:

Standard and solid set so no comment

Registeel:

The set looks good except your team has no Fairy to absorb Core Enforcer meaning Registeel can take Core Enforcer from stuff like Giratina and have it set stuff like Stealth Rock on your team.

Rayquaza-Mega:

Imposterproofed by Registeel okay.

Also, your team is VERY easily walled by opposing Registeel which commonly is Prankster and therefore mostly carries Haze to render your PH Kyogre powerless and Safety Goggles to block Spore from your Mega Rayquaza. Your team will be very efficient if opposing team only relies on Solgaleo as the Steel-type wall because it will be punished by your Krookodile. Make sure you prepare for various walls such as Registeel, AV Gyarados (Volt Switch hurts but your MMY switches out so...), PH Yveltal, Soundproof variants of Slowbro and Zygarde... and others.
I am aware my feedback isn't perfect but hope I said what helps. I enjoyed reading RMT after all.
With regards to precipice blades I remember OHKOing a pdon before, so I calced and it turns out it was like 2% chance lol so I'll definitely be making this change and it also gets the 2HKO on non fur coat giratina which might help.
As far as Giratina is concerned you've confirmed my suspicions, I'll definitely make this change and not having a knockoffable item will help if Krookodile gets impostered (only happened once so far).
The lack of fairy has occasionally been an issue, the only quick fix I could come up with was replacing Kyogre with Xerneas which would dramatically weaken the team's offensive pressure and also worsen my steel problem.
The way I tend to deal with Registeel is try to send out MMY as often as possible to get chip damage with Volt Switch, then go to Krookodile to threaten it out and repeat until I can Psycho Boost them but this takes a while and if they play carefully with a ground mon can leave me stuck without many options.

Thanks for the feedback it was really helpful, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Another point I forgot to raise: would running steam eruption or water spout possibly be better for breaking through unaware/prankster walls even if they are less reliable?

Edit to avoid bumping: holy mother of god, its my first time seeing this on PC and that Rayquaza is HUGE

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)