SS OU BELLY DRUM KOMMO-O— PEAKED 1800+

:kommo-o: :volcarona: :dragapult: :zapdos: :melmetal: :landorus-therian:
Introduction
I've loved Belly Drum Kommo-o for a while now and I think it's finally at a place in the metagame where it's viable as an anti-meta pick. With the popularity of Ferrothorn, Toxapex, Heatran, and Shadow Ball spam, it's not particularly difficult for it to find a place to sweep. So, I built this team around it, and somewhat surprisingly did really well. Kommo-o is unfortunately pretty inconsistent, but with the right support it can be really strong.

I laddered under the name YNW Belly, and then as beetl3. Here's the proof of peak:
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 11.12.12 AM.png

This was a while ago but I got to top 200 again recently with a different alt:
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 12.14.17 PM.png

Team Description
:ss/kommo-o:
Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 132 HP / 124 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch

- Earthquake / Thunder Punch
The star of the team. I'm copy pasting my post in the heat thread to explain why he's so strong right now.

:dragapult: :blacephalon:
Offensively, ghosts are really powerful and Pult is probably the most prominent offensive pokemon in the tier. Kommo-o abuses this with an immunity to Shadow Ball. If choice-locked Blacephalon and Pult mindlessly click Shadow Ball, Kommo-o comes in, subs up, clicks Belly Drum, and sweeps.

:ferrothorn: :heatran: :toxapex: :corviknight: :blissey::mandibuzz:
Defensively, he can come in (with VoltTurn or Teleport support) on Ferrothorn, Heatran, non BB Corviknight, Pex, Blissey, and Mandibuzz and do the same thing. He's especially strong against Ferrothorn and Pex. Only the most defensive Ferrothorn with Body Press can break Kommo-o's sub, as he resists Power whip, knock off, and is immune to Gyro Ball. As for Pex, he can never break your sub with Scald or knock, and is forced to continuously Haze. However, you can Earthquake without setting up, get him down to low health, and when pex tries to recover, that's when you belly drum and sweep.

:landorus-therian:
SpDef or offensive Lando is not a check to Kommo-o after you've set up.
+5 124 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 186-220 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (28.7 - 33.9% recovered)
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 123-145 (37.9 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
As you can see, a Kommo-o at 25% (assuming the sub has been broken) will always beat SpDef Lando by recovering too much with Drain Punch for EQ to kill.

+5 124 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 186-219 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (28.7 - 33.9% recovered)
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 147-174 (45.3 - 53.7%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO
Against offensive Lando, it's a little closer. But if you're at 25% or higher, you are still guaranteed to recover too much for EQ to kill, and you of course 2HKO even without rocks.

Speed is enough so that you speed tie with scarf Tapu Fini after setup and kill it with Earthquake or TPunch. 132 HP so that your sub takes exactly 25% and you get the Salac activation after Belly Drum, and so that neither max defense Corviknight Body Press nor bulky Scizor Bullet Punch breaks your sub (or KOs you if your sub is already broken in Scizor's case). The rest is in attack for obvious reasons.

Drain Punch is mandatory so you don't die to Helmet chip. Thunder Punch vs. EQ is in my opinion personal preference. EQ lets you set up on Helmet Pex by forcing him to Recover as you Belly Drum while TPunch fails to do so because of the chip. EQ is also stronger against Clefable and is a guaranteed OHKO on Slowking-G and Nidoking, as well as Dragapult and Tapu Koko. However, TPunch destroys Torn-T and Slowbro and is better against Zapdos, Zapdos-G, and Hawlucha. You can't really go wrong with either one and I've had success with both.

Even in games where Kommo-o can't sweep, he's often very useful defensively against rain, Rillaboom, Zeraora, and of course the ghosts. His naturally high bulk often comes in handy. For some examples:

:excadrill: :arctozolt: :melmetal: :victini: :volcarona:
+2 252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 277-327 (85.4 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Arctozolt Icicle Crash vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 250-296 (77.1 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 102-120 (31.4 - 37%) -- 78.8% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Kommo-o: 144-171 (44.4 - 52.7%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 230-272 (70.9 - 83.9%) -- approx. 2HKO
This isn't to show that Kommo-o can beat these pokemon 1v1, but rather to show he can be useful defensively and provide chip so a teammate can take care of these threats. Kommo-o hates flying types that resist Drain Punch (specifically Lando-T, Zapdos, and Torn-T, so pokemon that can lure them and cripple or kill them are invaluable.

You want to play extremely aggressively with Kommo-o. Call out switches to Ferrothorn and Rotom-Heat and Blissey and use opportunities to set up. Of course, you need to adequately chip Clefable and whichever pokemon your chosen set loses to (Slowbro for EQ variants and Tapu Koko for TPunch variants). He can be used either early game to blow holes in the opposing team or late game to sweep. I would say if the opponent has a Clefable, wait until it's chipped to set up.

Here's a game against the #1 player on ladder, Storm Zone, where I successfully used Kommo-o to clean up at the end and win the game. This shows even against high ladder, experienced players, Kommo-o can still put in work with the proper support. Some other replays are included as well, including three showing how well Kommo-o abuses Ferrothorn.

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower

- Toxic / Psychic / Safeguard
Think about Volcarona's counters in OU, then take a look at the pokemon Kommo-o comes in on. Kommo exploits Tyranitar, Heatran, Blissey, and Toxapex by simply setting up on them. Offensive Volcarona doesn't do much or Kommo-o, but defensive Volc is very strong as a check to Weavile (and Kyurem before it got banned) as well as Melmetal, both of who come in on Kommo-o as it subs and kill it or at least stop it from setting up with their multi-hit moves. Additionally, Volc can chip or poison Landorus-T, who Kommo-o can beat after setting up but not before. Finally, Volc is very strong against fairies, especially Clefable. Magic guard Clef gets set up on unless it has Toxic, and Unaware Clef gets poisoned. Of course, I recommend going to Melmetal as it is a much stronger check, but Volc is also helpful in that regard. Once again, I'm going to copy-paste a different post I made to explain the reasoning behind this Volc set:

"This Volc borrows an idea from Spikes Greninja: if you can't damage your checks directly, cripple them passively. Volc comes on Ferro, Corv, and a million other things and when the opponent switches to Dragonite, SpDef Lando, Chomp, TTar, he cripples them with status. None of these pokemon bar Dragonite have reliable recovery, and even for Dragonite, breaking his multiscale instantly can be huge.

Another problem with Volc is that he'll lose against physical attackers, most prominently, SD Weavile. If Weavile clicks Knock Off on offensive Volc, it's a guaranteed 2HKO. With Zeraora, as well: Plasma Fists 2HKOs while +1 Flamethrower from Modest Volc only OHKOs 12% of the time. Finally, Tapu Lele is often used as a check due to Volc's low defense, as +1 Flamethrower never kills even after rocks and specs psyshock OHKOs.

This set fixes both these problems with a defensive Toxic set. The goal is to provide a check to physical attackers while spreading status and serving as a late game wincon if Heatran, Pex, and Ttar have been removed."

16 Spe allows you to outrun Tapu Koko at +1, and the rest of the EVs let you always live Weavile Knock at +2, and take less than 50% from Zera plasma fists. If Kommo-o is TPunch over EQ, it may be smart to try Psychic over Toxic as an answer to Helmet Toxapex, but usually, Toxic is better. You can also use try Safeguard for a better matchup with stall (which this team otherwise struggles with mightily). Perhaps most importantly, Volc lures and poisons Dragonite, allowing Kommo-o to potentially beat it after a Belly Drum.​

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

- Hydro Pump
Pretty self-explanatory, it's Specs Pult. Volc and Kommo-o are strong setup sweepers, I wanted a fast breaker and Pult was the obvious solution. Shadow Ball and Draco are mandatory. U-Turn is really strong because it allows Kommo-o to come in on tran and Ferro for free, while Hydro Pump is the preferred fourth move for Landorus-T, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Flamethrower in this case is a subpar option because it only hits Melmetal, Scizor, and Ferro– the former two are destroyed by Volcarona and Zapdos, while Ferro is destroyed by Volc and Kommo-o. It's much more important to weaken Volc's checks. Most teams don't have real Shadow Ball resists, and the only ones that exist (Blissey and Mandibuzz) get abused by Kommo-o.

:ss/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Fully physdef Zap is extremely important for this team to sponge physical hits, Defog away hazards, and provide momentum with Volt Switch. Hurricane is a strong, albeit inconsistent option against Garchomp and Landorus attempting to stop your Volt Switch, and max physdef is important primarily to give the strongest matchup against Melmetal, Rillaboom, and Urshifu. Urshifu is especially threatening, but due to the spread he can't 2HKO unless he's band, in which case he most likely gets paralyzed after hitting Zapdos. Zap is also strong against Zeraora, whose Plasma Fists isn't even a guaranteed 3HKO. Dragapult hates all hazards and Kommo-o hates spikes and tspikes, making Defog extremely important on this team. Discharge is an option, but Volt is so strong against Heatran and generally good for momentum, making it the superior choice.

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

- Thunder Punch
AV Melmetal is our check to physical attackers and hail, as well as pressure against Toxapex and Clefable. I experimented with a protective pads variant for a better matchup against Ferrothorn but found it kind of redundant. if you go Melm and anticipate a switch to Ferrothorn (and the opposing Clef has been chipped or killed) you should be doubling to Kommo-o and trying to set up. On the other hand, AV Melm is a fantastic lure for Heatran, even tanking an Eruption and OHKOing with Earthquake. It's also the team's main defense against Tapu Lele, who otherwise 2HKOs everything.
252 SpA Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 308-366 (69.5 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Melmetal is also a solid check to rain, tanking Kingdra and Barraskewda's attacks and doing massive damage in return. AV Melm's main problem is that it gets worn down easily, but you generally want to play aggressively with Kommo-o and Volc and Pult anyway, so this isn't a huge problem for this team.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

- Toxic
This was the hardest spot to figure out. I needed a hazard setter. I tried Garchomp, but it wasn't strong enough against physical attackers and also lost to opposing Garchomp, as well as losing to +2 Drill in the sand. I tried Pex, and while its TSpikes were appreciated against TTar, i found that it sapped momentum and Volc was a fantastic check to Weavile regardless. The main pokemon I was having trouble with were SD Garchomp and Excadrill, both of whom are checked by physical Lando. The pex variants of this team also struggled greatly against Regieleki, and Lando is the best counter in the tier. Of course, it gets exploited by Gapdos, but when you have Zapdos who resists both its stabs and paralyzes it with static, as well as Melmetal who resists bb and volc who resists cc, it can be played around. Special attackers are checked by Melm and set up on by Volc; it was more important to have a stronger check to physical attackers. Toxic is for Zapdos and opposing Lando; Knock is an option for Pult but both Melmetal and Volc check it anyway.
Usage Tips + Replays
This is a balanced offense team, but plays kind of like HO. You need to play aggressively and get Pult and Volc on things to force switches and chip. If the opponent's team lacks something that can check a +6 Kommo-o (Lando-T does not count), use Pult U-turn or double with Volc to get him in and start sweeping. If it lacks Heatran or Blissey, get Volc in as many times as possible and use its Toxic + rocks pressure to continuously wear down its checks. Use the rest of the team to chip the checks to Kommo-o and Volc, even i fit means crippling them. For instance, poisoning Buzzwole with Landorus is good even if it means taking an Ice Punch because it allows Kommo-o to 2HKO it after rocks and toxic chip with Thunder Punch.

Make smart predictions and condition with Melmetal and Dragapult, and never ever let Garchomp set up an SD. Risk sacking Dragapult if you have to. Honestly this team is pretty hard to play; I think someone more skilled than me could have taken it even farther than my peak.

Here are some replays:

Importable

Threatlist
:garchomp:
If this sets up an SD you lose. Lando is a decent check as EQ does a ton, but you're still at the mercy of a Scale Shot roll. You should try to pivot around with Melmetal and Lando (not Zapdos beacuse Hurricane is so unreliable) and if this happens successfully you have a good chance. But it's Chomp is still a massive threat. The better solution is to go Pult on the SD and click Draco. Even if he makes a good prediction and clicks Scale Shot, it's often worth it to draco anyway in case he clicks SD.

:heatran: + :ferrothorn: + :zapdos:/:clefable:/any kommo-o check
This core is extremely difficult to beat. You need to get rocks up to pressure Tran and go for Toxic against the kommo-o check to have a chance, or try to spam Shadow Ball. If you add blissey to this core it's basically impossible.

:barraskewda:
Against rain I often just lead Melmetal or Kommo-o and try to kill the Pelipper with TPunch. Dragapult is also very strong in these matchups, usually you can use it to apply pressure and U-turn and when they switch in Ferrothorn use Kommo-o to sweep.

:volcarona:
I actually haven't had a ton of trouble against Volc even though on paper it's a bad matchup. Just don't give it the opportunity to set up and you should be fine. The only one that gets kind of exposed is Melmetal and if it's a real problem Rock Slide is an option over TPunch.

Like all offense, the goal is to beat your opponent before they beat you. On paper a lot of pokemon (Tapu Lele being the most prominent example) rip through the team, but in practice, Kommo-o and Volc together destroy the team before those pokemon can come in safely. This of course requires you to play well and make smart predictions, but it's so rewarding when you get that sweep. I hope you try out the team and have some fun :)

Hey there, grats on your peak with this team. I'd been thinking about Kommo-o a bit in the builder myself for the same reasons, so it's neat to see some ladder success with it. I think this RMT's pretty well constructed, and the team seems very thoroughly thought out, so I only have a few ideas that might be worth trying out, to see if they help patch up some of the team's weaknesses.

Minor Changes

Melmetal

:melmetal: :assault vest: ---> :protective pads: / :shuca berry:

With kyurem being banned, I think this team could afford to run a different Melmetal set in order to improve your matchup against some of the threats you mentioned. With a protective pads set, Ferro/Tran cores can be somewhat strained to keep Melmetal in check throughout the course of the game, with the threat of Superpower hitting them both on midgrounds, Thunder Wave potentially denying them turns to attack, and Protective Pads preventing Melmetal from being inhibited by Iron Barbs chip and Flame Body burns.

Melmetal @ Protective Pads
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Thunder Wave

Optionally, although it's a somewhat unorthodox set, I think you could potentially run a Shuca Berry Melmetal to lure both offensive and tank chomp variants of Garchomp. Not only does this blanket you against sd Chomp, what I'd argue to be the biggest threat to your team, it also opens up Volcarona a bit by luring both Garchomp and SpDef Landorus, making it a bit easier to facilitate a sweep. I think you could afford to run the same spread as AV, as keeping Melmetal as specially bulky as possible is still important to keep the team well prepped against threats like Tapu Lele.

Melmetal @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

+2 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Melmetal: 240-283 (54.1 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Melmetal: 300-354 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 208-246 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Melmetal: 109-130 (24.6 - 29.3%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO

Landorus-Therian

:landorus-therian:

If any of these changes are made to Melmetal, I think a specially defensive Landorus would benefit the team more, as it helps reinforce your matchup against Volcarona, Dragapult, Heatran, and miscellaneous special attackers. In particular, I would run a specially defensive Landorus with Careful Nature and 23 Speed IVs. This puts Landorus at 210 Speed, making it faster than the analysis spread of 24 Speed specially defensive Heatran and Adamant Crawdaunt, while underspeeding opposing Careful Landorus for useful slow U-Turns into Dragapult or Kommo-o. Physically defensive Landorus isn't too much better off against Garchomp than SpDef Landorus, and other physical attackers like Zeraora are already kept in check pretty well by even SpDef Landorus, so I feel these benefits outweigh those of running your current spread.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Other Comments

I was going to suggest running the analysis spread on Volcarona, since it does live a Timid specs Tapu Lele Psyshock from full, and only has a 12.5% chance to be OHKO'd by Modest specs, and notably outspeeds Zeraora and Dragapult after one Quiver Dance, but it actually does have a 56% chance to be OHKO'd by +2 Weavile's Knock Off, which could potentially open a hole in the team. If you're willing to run a more physically biased Melmetal, you could keep Weavile in check that way while affording to run the analysis Volcarona, which I'd consider optimal over the phys def spread you're currently running. Either that, or you could try swapping Zapdos out for Rocky Helmet Corviknight, which also helps in the Urshifu and Rillaboom matchups, in addition to checking Weavile. You'd need to exercise caution in the Magnezone matchup, though.

All in all, I think you have a pretty solid and interesting team here, and these are moreso just suggestions and ideas you could potentially try out to see if they help against your threatlist. Again, good job on the RMT, and I hope these ideas were useful!

Congrats for the team!

I've been using defensive Volcarona a ton lately (with Safeguard) and I agree this thing is a beast. Flame Body is such a huge boon, it completely blankets SD Weavile, Kartana, Zeraora, most Buzzwole...

I'm running a full 248/252+ HPs/Def spread though. I'm finding getting outsped by Tapu Koko at +1 is not too much of a problem, since it hits like a wet noodle against a +1 Volcarona anyway. It allows you to avoid a nasty surprise I've been facing lately: Choice Band Weavile. With your spread, even a Jolly Weavile will 2HKO Volcarona with a Knock Off on the switch and then another one.

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252 Def Volcarona: 231-273 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 240 HP / 252 Def Volcarona: 156-184 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Band Weavile is, by the way, a big problem to your team, since Melmetal does not like losing its item, Volcarona is 2HKO'd as shown above, and everyone else is OHKO'd, Dragapult being taken down by Ice Shard as soon as it's down to 75%. At worst you could sack Zapdos to get a para off of a Triple Axel, but if you don't get it that's annoying, and even if you do Ice Shard is a problem to Kommo-o (it takes at least 43.2%). It's even worse if the Weavile is Adamant.

With a max/max defensive spread on Volcarona you can absorb the first Knock Off, find a later opportunity to Roost, and then the following ones 3HKO even from Adamant:
252+ Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 156-184 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Apart from this, I've been having huge problems vs Garchomp and Urshifu too, as Volcarona essentially provides a free entry for them, but I see you've wisely patched up the Urshifu matchup.

A last word: since there's this Pinkacross Psyspam team on the ladder these days, you might have encountered some Galarian Moltres. No problem with those? It seems to me they can set up on Kommo-o, Volcarona, Dragapult and then stomach a hit from Melmetal or Zapdos, only really fearing a Toxic from Landorus.

Azure Nights interesting feedback, I actually tried Pads Melm who's been one of my favorite mons to use since he got my reqs for the first time during the Spectrier test, but I struggled way more against balance and offense. His ability to take almost any special attack, even boosted ones in a pinch has been incredibly useful and I'm not sure being a little better against Ferro/Tran cores is worth it. This is because these cores are only a problem when combined with a pokemon Kommo-o struggles with (otherwise he can just come in and beat them) and unfortunately those pokemon with the exception of Unaware Clef tend to check Melm pretty well too. Zapdos, Quagsire, and Slowbro are all huge problems for Mel, even if they just chip him that opens up the path for other special attackers. In particular, the Specs Pult matchup becomes awful without AV Mel, even SpD Lando can only switch into Pult once if rocks are up. However, I have not tried Superpower so I might give it a whirl and see how it goes. There's also a million random special attackers that are run that Melm blanket checks pretty well so I'm not sure it makes sense to give up the AV. I will experiment with pads and superpower, though, and see what happens. The speed EVs on Lando make sense, do you think those should be there regardless of defensive or SpD Lando?

Congrats for the team!

I've been using defensive Volcarona a ton lately (with Safeguard) and I agree this thing is a beast. Flame Body is such a huge boon, it completely blankets SD Weavile, Kartana, Zeraora, most Buzzwole...

I'm running a full 248/252+ HPs/Def spread though. I'm finding getting outsped by Tapu Koko at +1 is not too much of a problem, since it hits like a wet noodle against a +1 Volcarona anyway. It allows you to avoid a nasty surprise I've been facing lately: Choice Band Weavile. With your spread, even a Jolly Weavile will 2HKO Volcarona with a Knock Off on the switch and then another one.

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252 Def Volcarona: 231-273 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 240 HP / 252 Def Volcarona: 156-184 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Band Weavile is, by the way, a big problem to your team, since Melmetal does not like losing its item, Volcarona is 2HKO'd as shown above, and everyone else is OHKO'd, Dragapult being taken down by Ice Shard as soon as it's down to 75%. At worst you could sack Zapdos to get a para off of a Triple Axel, but if you don't get it that's annoying, and even if you do Ice Shard is a problem to Kommo-o (it takes at least 43.2%). It's even worse if the Weavile is Adamant.

With a max/max defensive spread on Volcarona you can absorb the first Knock Off, find a later opportunity to Roost, and then the following ones 3HKO even from Adamant:
252+ Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 156-184 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Apart from this, I've been having huge problems vs Garchomp and Urshifu too, as Volcarona essentially provides a free entry for them, but I see you've wisely patched up the Urshifu matchup.

A last word: since there's this Pinkacross Psyspam team on the ladder these days, you might have encountered some Galarian Moltres. No problem with those? It seems to me they can set up on Kommo-o, Volcarona, Dragapult and then stomach a hit from Melmetal or Zapdos, only really fearing a Toxic from Landorus.
Banded Weavile is a threat on paper but honestly I either haven't seen it on ladder or haven't really had problems with it. In theory it can OHKO anything, but also, when it's locked into a move it gets set up on pretty easily by either Kommo-o or Volc. Theoretically it could knock Kommo-o to stop a sweep, but Kommo-o can still set up a sub and go from there, and usually the opponent wants to conserve their Weavile anyway. And, like you said, Melmetal is always an option in the worst case. Specs Tapu Koko actually does 1v1 a Volc without the 16 Spe if it's before you set up, Thunderbolt does 60 minimum at +0 and then 40 minimum at +1, so you just lost your Volc for nothing when it could have been in a position to sweep.

I actually disagree that Goltres can set up on Volc or Kommo-o. Volc can Toxic it and then Melm can finish it off, Kommo-o will never come in unless it's against a Pokemon it can sub against and if it's already behind a sub Goltres loses. If Volc is at +1 it often beats Goltres, as Hurricane fails to OHKO while Flamethrower 2HKOs (and Hurricane can miss), if he clicks Agiliyt and gets the Berserk activation then yes it kills you but then Melm tanks it and KOs in reutrn. Coming in on Pult is more of a concern and I have lost to Goltres this way, though. You have to play a little cautious with Pult and ensure Goltres doesn't get free entry.

this team is amazing bro i wanna thank u for this beautiful team from now on this will be my main team, ive only lost twice using this team out of around 20 battles.

Honestly this team is too overpowered. I just can't lose with this team, and I can't think of any changes for it too. Its perfect the way it is!
I just love leading with Dragapult. It gives so much options. I could U-turn, drop a Draco, or just spam Shadow Ball! Thanks for this awesome team!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)