ORAS OU bee right back

Dread Arceus

total cockhead

Hey, Dread here with my third RMT and first RMT of the ORAS era. In this team, I explore the potential of Mega Beedrill Voltturn. As you may well know, Voltturn is a playstyle that has an incredible matchup against balanced teams: that is, the teams most commonly seen these days.

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab
Beedrill is the basis of the team. It's designed to click U-turn until it can clean. Pretty simple, yet devastatingly effective. Beedrill also functions as the Mega Altaria (and Fairy in general) check: it can actually outspeed full speed Mega Altaria at +1 and OHKO it in a Deo-S-esque fashion. Bug/Ground/Poison coverage allows it to clean late-game once the Voltturn has taken its effect on its checks.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 228 Def / 8 SDef / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Landorus-T is incredibly common on normal teams because of how much utility it has, and is almost mandatory on Voltturn for the ability to lay down rocks and U-turn. On top of that, it beats quite a few physical attackers (for this team, things like Char X and Terrakion are notable). The spread is standard, with some attack investment for a slightly higher chance of 2HKOing Dragonite from full. The Lando-T is pretty standard otherwise, and the moveset's pretty flexible if you feel like running Explosion/HP Ice/something else crazy.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
More standard sets here. Rotom-W is the mandatory bulky water on every team. The main things its supposed to beat are Mega Metagross and Azumarill. It adds bulk to the team while keeping the Voltturn momentum, and spreads burn to help wear stuff down. Spread and movesets are standard.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Latias is the Defogger that the team was hurting for. While I wanted something that could keep voltturn momentum a little better, Latias just had too many key resistances. It keeps the team from being quite as weak to Char Y and Keldeo, and can "voltturn" once with Healing Wish. The moveset is fairly standard, although I'm running HP Fire because Ferro and Mega Scizor are pretty goddamn annoying, as is the uncommon Forretress. Psychic can also be run in that moveslot tho if you fear Mega Venusaur, but generally Togekiss and Mega Beedrill can beat it down well enough. The spread is standard; more speed can be dumped in to SpA if you don't fear other HP Fire Latis.

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 Atk / 32 SpA / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
And now for a mon you should never use except in very very niche situations. This is one of those situations. Mienshao's job is to lure out bulky Grounds that normally counter Beedrill, like Landorus-T and Gliscor, and kill them with HP Ice. With 32 SpA, you have an 81% chance to OHKO Scarf Lando-T after Rocks, and you always 2HKO SpD Gliscor. On top of being able to run a lure set, Mienshao also has access to a beautiful ability: Regenerator. Said ability allows it to come in again and again, and it doesn't care about residual damage as much as most voltturn mons do. It also has access to U-turn, which is a rare and coveted combo. Mienshao's HJK also hits incredibly hard, and can even outdamage monsters like Blaziken and Mega Lopunny (a 95% chance to 2HKO Skarmory after rocks o_o).

Togekiss (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
Togekiss is here for a couple reasons. First off, the team didn't have a single Dragon resist, which is pretty unacceptable in this gen (or any gen, for that matter). The team also had a very hard time against stall, as most voltturn teams do. Thus, Togekiss joined the squad as a Fairy-type stallbreaker. It does a pretty big number on stall teams in general, and it also serves as the team's main check to Bisharp (please don't use Mienshao against +2 Bisharp) as well as Mega Sableye. You can also flinch entire teams to death if they're slow enough :).

Well, that's the team, hope you like it n_n. I'll be adding a full threatlist later, but off the top of my head, Mega Scizor, Mega Gyarados, and Gengar are huge annoyances and can cause serious problems, and they generally require you to predict like crazy to beat them.

shoutouts to Wiz T7 and IAmGingy for bein my boys and again at Wiz for finding its weakness to Screens Mega Altaria. Also shoutouts to bof, you guys are ok when you're not being (BAN ME PLEASE) :P. Also shoutouts to the people that have been in the OU room for a while and the OU room in general, especially TFL, Caption, scotti, and all the other old mods (you're a mod in my heart scotti)

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 228 Def / 8 SDef / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 Atk / 32 SpA / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Togekiss (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
your pictures suck (except beedrills)

For reliability's sake, consider rock slide over stone edge on lando-t and moving the attack somewhere else, I don't really bother with stone edge on lando-t if I'm not invested/offensive.

As for a few pokemon to add to ur threatlist:
Kyu-b (takes a soul every time it comes in with epower for rotom-w/ib errythin else)
RP diancie (can set up on mein/toge, as long as rotom-w/lando-t are slightly weakened there's no stopping it)
conk (pretty irrelevant but ur team struggles to switch into it safely, and it isn't OHKO'd by anything I think)
Glisc (I get that mein is a good lure but the rest of ur team has a hard time, especially if it has taunt/toxic for toge)
Latios (nothing takes draco/psyshock)
fast electrics like raikou and megaman (They volt switch on everything bar landot which they hp ice, and easily come in on toge (raikou can kinda come in on rotom-w))
LO thundy (if it has knock, no switch-ins, and you sack your main revenge killer to beat it which is bad. easily comin in on toge or after somethin dies)

yeah thats about it. nice team nerd :]

Another lovely team Dread

Really like the way this team looks and i am excited to try it out. Beedrill can be a monster if supported properly, which it is here.

Not sure how big a fan i am of niche mienshao, but it does work in theory and again i am excited to test it out and get back into ou. Solid job

Amazing team one thing dont you need max hp for hp ice from mane to not ohko but aside from that i love how it plays very nice work fren :]

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Did you make that Mega Beedrill picture (the first big one) if so awesome. Beedrill is my favorite Mega and I'm glad I'm not alone. The only thing I dislike is have mienshao on the team it doesn't feel right on your team.

Scotti

we back.
Ah Dread I luv yo team, and thanks for the shoutout. However I have a few suggestions that my help you.

I honestly think roost > Healing Wish on Latias. Charizard Y takes a huge shit on your (No offence). Roost would help with this soo munch. You actually get a reliable switch in, and it can come in a lot. Keldeo is also a pretty big threat to the team, so roost would help with that to. In all honesty, this team is really solid, and there isnt much to fix. You handle most threats, and mega beedrill can revenge a lot of setup sweepers. The only weakness I could find is mega zam, but is uncommon and a few of your mons can take hits and revenge it, unless it switches out. Its uncommon so its fine. Nice team Dread :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)