Pet Mod Beartic Phone

dib forgot to post here but slate 2 guys are here. here's the sheet, now let's talk about the mons

Arclinnox: Pretty cool, has a lot going for it, but it's really let down by two things. One, no recovery and average bulk means Unaware sets are basically nonfunctional from a stall perspective. Two, mono-Dragon sucks offensively, especially in a meta as dominated by Steels as this one is (spoilers: we got 9 more Steels this slate. lol.) Unfortunately probably a shitmon.

Barbonara: The worse of the two Grass/Steels. No clue why stats guy saw the movepool with no good Special Grass STAB, no Special setup, and mediocre coverage and decided after all that to make it special, but that sure did happen so uh, yeah. Just run Staxenhammer.

bob: First off, AWFUL flavor. Like absolutely horrendous. Moving on, I would say offensive Ostretch is dead but this guy does NOT get SD, so lol. Still a pretty good choice abuser, bit weird that we got so many type repeats though.

Boreasel: Very bad. Stats guy absolutely fumbled here by making an obvious Ice type slow. Hailveil will never be bad but this guy sucks at that too due to its extreme rocks weakness and glacial speed tier, so overall I see zero reason to use this.

Castanov: It sure is better Maraiste. Kinda cracked with SpDef Intim + Tail Glow/QD + Lumina Crash, also randomly gets Light of Ruin??? Very poorly made mon, potentially broken, I'm not a fan.

Cerebrawl: Lol did yall not learn from last slate??? Sig abil is literally detrimental so don't run it. Intim sets are absurdly bulky and you get Recover, but U-Turn spam from stuff like Combaudit and Fizzkrieg is really gonna put a damper on your walling capabilities.

Dothog: Weirdmon. Pretty strong DD guy but absolutely zero coverage for Fairies means you'll really be struggling with Beryl and friends. Joins Medusear as a cool offensive Glare guy though, so that's nice.

E.M.Punch: Deneb how did you know to give this Electric moves when the step 2+3 guys completely lost that flavor. Haxxor????? Anyway, it sure is DIB Hariyama. Should see some use, but it has a lot of both competition and DIB resists in the other Steels, so we'll see if it pans out.

Faradaisy: Triage Horn Leech cringe. If this were a regular mod I'd strongly push for Horn Leech to get removed but instead this guy is just gonna be cringe and invalidate Handeyebert. Oh well. At least it gets LITERALLY no coverage (like how do you even give a mon a full movepool with only Grass/Dark/Normal moves lol. That's insane.)

Fizzkrieg: Based based based. Super cool Bug type, very respectable U-Turn pivot, Water coverage isn't awesome but I'm not gonna pass up on 117 Attack Water Bubble Liquidation lol. Ban Combaudit so this guy can shine.

Heirfriar: Oof. Typing guy fumbled this one. Could maybe make something work with CM Esper Wing Stored Power sets (dare I say it?) but probably bound to languish in obscurity because of how dogshit Psychic/Flying is.

Jeffrey: Hustle Belly Drum Quick Attack.

Lazerazer: Just like last slate, we got two obvious brokens again this time around (and spoilers, nothing to balance the old brokens lol). Here's the first of the two. Electric/Steel with 130 SpAtk, reliable STABs, Volt Switch, ELECTRIC WATER BUBBLE, Earth Power for Electrics and Medusear, Focus Blast for Wolversnare, and Recover because why the fuck not. Probably the single most broken mon in the mod, and that's saying something.

Luwaxane: Strong Jaw Hyper Fang with mediocre stats and no other STABs to back it up. What were y'all cooking?

Mawbreaker: Fatter, stronger Diancie with much better abilities but still no recovery. Our Fairies aren't super diverse so I can definitely see potential here, but it's admittedly a bit on the weaker side.

Microwave: Has shockingly good matchups into a few relevant guys (Lazerazer, Castanov) thanks to Motor Drive, and at +1 it can get pretty scary for frailer teams. Also Morning Sun with that bulk is pretty crazy.

Mightokondria: This would be much cooler if it didn't get Clangorous Soul. Instead, this is a pretty cringe setup guy with a ridiculously large movepool. Ability is cool but movepool ruined the mon.

Mikyu: Pretty unique take on a Steel/Fairy, though I don't think it functions as an offensive mon in this Steel-dominated meta unfortunately. Maybe it'll prove to be good after all, but I wouldn't bet on it. Using Gunk Shot to hit opposing Mikyu is pretty funny tho.

Naenaeray: Erm. What are those stats? What is that movepool? Where is Moonblast? Where is recovery? Where is physbulk? Shitmon.

Oratcha: Shallowest movepool of all time, but this mon makes it work. Choiced and CM sets both seem solid, though this mon's lack of coverage makes both its gameplan and counterplay quite one-dimensional. Still solid overall.

QJTC: THE Galvanize Normal/Electric. I have no clue what this mon does.

Rustration: This mon wishes it had higher Attack. And SD. As is, it could maybe make CM Weak Armor sets work on HO, but its offensive typing isn't great and its coverage options kinda suck, so I'm not sure I see it.

Sagittremor: Ok now people can't complain about us banning Hourcuuda. Pretty cool mon: I like the custom, Technician Shadow Punch is also cool (and probably mandatory since boosted Sneak is also great and Shadow Claw is very flaccid as STAB even with crit Moxie), overall pretty respectable offensive mon.

Scalaea: Ok now people can't complain about us banning Gasket. Also wtf, former supreme court justice??????? Anyway, hear me out. SD STABs Scale Shot cooks. Yes, you kill yourself in like 3 turns with recoil unless you run Stone Edge over Head Smash, but as a cleaner this guy can be pretty nutty in the right situations.

Scormadio: Holy fuck it's Gastrodon-Entity. Uhh extremely shallow movepool once again, pretty much means this guy is locked to spamming choiced Expanding Force, but it sure does do that!!!!!

Serplatano: OSP you're a fucking idiot. I appreciate stats guy not even entertaining the idea of a Sketch mon, but since these stats are so shit this mon will never see legitimate use in any way whatsoever. Sorry to whoever submitted flavor/art for this.

Slapybara: This guy faces a lot of competition from the other setup Fighting types, and I'm not sure it has what it takes to come out on top. Time will tell if this ends up seeing usage.

Smod: Absurdly bulky Steel with access to Wish. Protean is a noobtrap, use Trace instead. Should be an extremely strong glue mon with pretty limited counterplay, though at least its typing isn't directly better than pure Steel (the stats are ripped straight from Melmetal btw). Definitely a mon folks will have to keep an eye on; could be the (defensive) Combaudit of Slate 2.

Sopranodon: 150 Attack reverse Supreme Overlord. Surely this is balanced.

Spectroll: Pretty unimpressive stats and typing make this mon difficult to justify over other options like Fanctacee or Styxia.

Sphinxtify: Intim Corviknight. Thank you Smogon user zxgzxg. Also deneb you suck for adding a Steel/Flying when I was just saying the other day we really shouldn't cause it ruins Medusear.

Starrium: Another mon that's pretty difficult to justify over other options. Has some unique traits like Levitate and Nuzzle, but the existence of better Electrics/Psychics combined with a dismal Wolversnare matchup make me doubt this mon will stand the test of time.

Staxenhammer: The cooler Grass/Steel. Stakeout stands out immediately but Sharpness is probably more consistent, thought either way that physbulk combined with solid coverage, SD, Synthesis, and Spiky Shield make for a very effective offensive or defensive mon.

Steghoulros: Pretty difficult to justify over Smod.

Styxia: Slower, fatter Gengar with Soul-Heart and Recover. I dig it.

Woollocks: Never getting used over Hourcuuda, though as long as that mon is banned this guy is pretty alright. Very boring mon.

Xxinarthia: Pretty epic wallbreaker/sweeper, with Recharge helping it make up for its mediocre bulk. Really struggles with Wolversnare though, so make sure to get that mon out of the way before trying to sweep with this.

Yourmom: What is this mon lol. Absurdly fast, tons of utility, great typing, great special bulk. However, it's extremely weak and paper thin on the physical side, which sucks considering its defensive typing is much better physically. Not sure if this is gonna see much use, but it is also the second fastest mon in the mod, so do with that what you will.

Initial VR:

Banned: Lazerazer, Sopranodon
Meta Defining: Castanov, Faradaisy, Smod, Sphinxtify
Great: bob, Fizzkrieg, Microwave, Mightokondria, Oratcha, Sagittremor, Staxenhammer, Styxia, Xxinarthia
Good: Dothog, E.M.Punch, Mawbreaker, Scalaea, Scormadio, Steghoulros, Woollocks
Niche: Barbonara, Cerebrawl, Heirfriar, Jeffrey, Mikyu, Naenaeray, Rustration, Slapybara, Spectroll, Starrium
Shitmons: Arclinnox, Boreasel, Luwaxane, QJTC, Serplatano

im so tired

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)