Tournament BDSPPL II - Week 1

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
1649571205668.png

art by the ever-lovely Kolohe tysm for the art <3, cohosted by Lumii and Theia

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Semifinals | Finals
Commencement | Administrative Decisions
Tournament Rules

:elekid: The Little Ones (3) vs (5) Rolling Spheals :spheal:
OU 1: Isza vs Tuthur
OU 2: Splash vs Xilefi
OU Suspect: Lasen vs Boopi_Bappi
UU: Dj Breloominati♬ vs SOMALIA
RU: Piyush25 vs outbackrabbit
NU: Pokeslice vs jawabarat
PU: Carkoala vs plznostep
LC: RL vs Hacker

:darkrai: Dark Voids (2) vs (6) Dave's Drapions :drapion:
OU 1: Drud vs Potatochan
OU 2: Monai vs Huargensy
OU Suspect: Inder vs dex
UU: Thiago Nunes vs TyCarter
RU: Ampha vs Leru
NU: Beraldo vs MrSoup Staxi
PU: Medeia vs 5Dots
LC: A Welcome Guest vs Irene-2002

:suicune: Cancun's Suicunes (5) vs (3) The Hurling Bruxish:bruxish:
OU 1: The Strap vs Mimikyu Stardust
OU 2: Clementine vs AtraX Madara
OU Suspect: One Last Kiss vs bhkg
UU: dunoks vs tier
RU: gorex vs Raahel
NU: sasha vs Trogba Trogba
PU: Fragments vs TTK
LC: Surfy vs MTB

The Little Ones (0) vs Rolling Spheals (0)
OU: Isza vs Tuthur
OU: Splash vs Xilefi
SUS: Lasen vs Boopi_Bappi
UU: Dj Breloominati♬ vs SOMALIA
RU: Piyush25 vs outbackrabbit
NU: Pokeslice vs jawabarat
PU: Carkoala vs plznostep
LC: RL vs Hacker

Dark Voids (0) vs Dave's Drapions (0)
OU: Drud vs Potatochan
OU: Monai vs Huargensy
SUS: Inder vs dex
RU: Ampha vs Leru
NU: Beraldo vs MrSoup
LC: A Welcome Guest vs Irene-2002

Cancun's Suicunes (0) vs The Hurling Bruxish (0)
OU: The Strap vs Mimikyu Stardust
OU: Clementine vs AtraX Madara
SUS: One Last Kiss vs bhkg
UU: dunoks vs tier
NU: sasha vs Trogba Trogba
PU: Fragments vs TTK

Games are due Sunday the 11th, 11:59pm -4. Good luck, and have a fun time during the tour!!!​

Last edited by a moderator:

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Because someone has to do predicts, I'll bite.

The Little Ones (3.5) vs Rolling Spheals (4.5)

OU: Isza vs Tuthur - *45-55, Isza is the better player although it heavily depends on how motivated Isza is and if his OU support is up to snuff. I'm bolding the defending circuit champion here since I think Tuthur closes the gap in the builder.

OU: Splash vs Xilefi - 55-45, teamed up with Splash last year and he knows how to win games. Xilefi is just more experienced and good too, again this really comes down to how sufficient Splash's support will be because I think Splash is the better clicker and can play his way out of a slightly unfavorable MU.

SUS: Lasen vs Boopi_Bappi - 49-51, it heavily depends on which version of Boopi we're getting, because Boopi is probably the most wildly inconsistent player in this tour. He'll either hard outplay one week or he'll completely get stomped by some common threat like Latias and make clicks so bad you'll be scratching your head and asking yourself how he ever won an individual. If his team can keep him from self-sabotaging in builder (which I have some serious doubts), he has a minor edge. Lasen is a fundamentally sound player even tho he lacks experience in the tier and assuming he doesn't get caught too off guard by Boopi's ridiculous antics, he can snag this.

UU: Dj Breloominati♬ vs SOMALIA - 50-50 I've played against SOMALIA before and he's pretty damn good and builds regularly, but I wouldn't count out Spitfire either since I do like the Grabby support he has so his teams will be up to snuff. highlight MU.

RU: Piyush25 vs outbackrabbit - 40-60 I like Wadley a bit more here in this slot and his teams have generally been good. I assume Ryuji is supporting Piyush which is fine but it'll depend on how quickly Piyush can pick up the tier, I have Wadley taking it this week.

NU: Pokeslice vs jawabarat - 45-55, Jawa is probably at the top of his pool and has actively built in this tier since day 1, but Pokeslice, who builds some fundamentally sound teams is someone who is no slouch either although I have no idea how rusty Pokeslice is. I think Jawa takes the W here this week if he doesn't get too tilted.

PU: Carkoala vs plznostep - 51-49, Carkoala's first venture into the tier, while step has some experience in the tier although Carkoala is a slightly better clicker. I don't know what to expect frankly.

LC: RL vs Hacker - 40-60, I'm taking the more proven LC mainer, the only reason it's not more lopsided is because LC momento.

Cancun's Suicunes (3.5) vs The Hurling Bruxish (4.5)

OU: The Strap vs Mimikyu Stardust - 40-60, coming off of a tour ban that lasted for almost a year, Stardust has been keeping himself in shape with mons in general so I don't expect him to be that rusty, I think he comes back with a bang.

OU: Clementine vs AtraX Madara - 55-45, Atra is more experienced in the tier and a solid enough player on his own but I think he can be a bit predictable with team choices in this tier which I think Clementine's support will try to take advantage of and Clementine is solid enough clicker in his own right.

SUS: One Last Kiss vs bhkg - 45-55 bhkg was a ladder fiend in bdsp's heyday and had a good run in the recent ssnl, OLK is a sound player in their own right and doesn't lack experience either. I think bhkg has the edge here.

UU: dunoks vs tier - 65-35, better player and more experienced.

RU: gorex vs Raahel - 70-30, arguably the strongest player in the pool, gorex's 25K price tag is not without reason, and has far more experience and one of like three people who actively build in this tier.

NU: sasha vs Trogba Trogba - Trogba is the better player here and solid enough builder on his own although Sasha is fine enough as a player on her own and has good support. Sasha has been kinda up and down in terms of play so it's hard for me to get a solid read on what to expect from sasha, I would not be surprised by either outcome with that in mind.

PU: Fragments vs TTK - 40-60, TTK has an edge in builder and experience, Fragments is fine enough on his own but it depends on how motivated he is.

LC: Surfy vs MTB - this would be a good GSC UU matchup 45-55, MTB has been on fire in this tier lately and has a lot of momentum going into this tour.

Last edited:
OU: Drud vs Potatochan
OU: Monai vs Huargensy
OU sus: Inder vs dex
RU: Ampha vs Leru has "RU" in the name
NU: Beraldo vs Staxi
LC: A Welcome Guest vs Irene-2002 I don't understand this tier so I'm just picking the person I've heard of

OU 1: The Strap vs Mimikyu Stardust
OU 2: Clementine vs AtraX Madara
OU Suspect: One Last Kiss vs bkhg I don't know either of these people
UU: dunoks vs tier don't think he's done much bdsp uu since winning the open last year but uu fiendhood transcends gens
NU: sasha vs Trogba Trogba has been active in the tier much more recently + pokemon's coming home
PU: Fragments vs TTK my PU open team dealer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)