BDSP BDSP OU peak #1 - 1711

Hi guys!

BDSP OU has been one of my favorite tiers to play, even though the ladder has declined in popularity. I built this team sometime after the Latios ban, and I'm honestly proud of the entire team for having a good matchup against almost everything. Here it is!

top 1 BDSP OU winloss ratio 74.png

top 1 BDSP OU.png

I chose Dragonite and Latias as two win conditions, as both are very dangerous sweepers with accumulated boosts. Also having very good type matchups and nice resistances to many threats in the tier (Breloom/Heatran/Gliscor/Rotom). Dragonite may not always be useful in some matchups, but this set is absolutely amazing since it naturally handles things like Breloom, Heatran and Rotom-w (provided you don't switch into will-o-wisp or trick or anything). For Latias, I chose to go for an offensive Calm Mind set with Stored Power over Psychic, so to help break stall and bulkier offensive teams much easier. Psychic can be used for the powerful damage right off the bat, but this team isn't really itching to do damage right away, since we have Mamoswine for that, which will be followed up soon!

In the next two slots, we have Empoleon and Heatran! They provide Stealth Rock and Hazard removal support, as well as providing very nice resistance to Ice and fairy moves, which hinders Dragonite and Latias' sweeping capabilities. Both steel types check Scizor, preventing from it being a nuisance to Latias and the rest of my team. While weak to ground and fighting types, Dragonite and Latias are able to check them with ease, so they form a strong defensive core. Being able to trap stall with Heatran and force out setup sweepers from getting too out of control with Empoleon helps Dragonite and Latias do their job.

Clefable provides wish support and aromatherapy, making sure Latias and Dragonite are healthy to keep going if they get crippled by status. Unaware Clefable helps check Garchomp and defensive EVs make sure it is vital against things like Breloom, Gyarados and Garchomp. Nothing much here to say about Clefable. It's really good!

Last member of this team is Mamoswine. Without him, games would last so much longer than they really need to be. Mamoswine breaks so many teams it's not even funny. Life Orb four attacks is used to handle literally everything without any switchins (except Skarmory). Earthquake 2HKOs most scizor after Stealth Rock and it can't OHKO with one bullet punch if uninvested. So depending on how aggressive you play, you can put a dent into any team. Freeze Dry does a ton of damage against Rotom-W so when it is weakened, Dragonite can sweep late game. Mamoswine also 2HKOs Blissey and Clefable, which is very good for Dragonite and Latias.

Threats

- Mamoswine can outspeed Adamant variants, but I have no switch ins against it. Latias can beat it with Psychic, but I run Stored Power, so that's not an option. Lucario can't setup Swords Dance safely on anything, so it shouldn't be able to pull it off without being weakened. I never had too much trouble against Lucario, but for those who run into it, make sure Dragonite is healthy and you can drop Stored Power for Psychic if it really is a problem.

- Crawdaunt can click Knock Off for free against anything but not like it can risk itself to anything besides maybe Empoleon.

- This thing is always a threat. Mamoswine can revenge kill if weakened, while Latias can sponge a hit and Draco it (It's a roll to kill rip). Dragonite can tank a hit, dragon dance, and Fly for the OHKO, assuming not Focus Sash haha.

Overall, I had fun using this team on my road to #1. What a great way to end the era. Looking forward to Scarlet and Violet!

https://pokepast.es/2253849dd67c05df

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)