Battlefield Bad Company 2

What are your opinions on this game? I personally am having trouble with trying to find the fun in this. Everytime i enter a game i just have no clue what to do multiplayer that is. The campaign seemed too boring and mw2ish. 3 times in the last multiplayer match i played i got killed 2 seconds after i spawned. I tried to fly the chopper and got into the enemy territory but crashed. Its fun running over people and crashing the chopper over and over but im sure thats not the objective. So what do you think about this game and what the hell am i supposed to do in multiplayer???

1) Not really sure why you're being console specific.

2) "I don't know what I'm doing this game sucks" is a ridiculously weak statement.

I really enjoy the multiplayer (own it on 360), but haven't touched the story (want to do BC1 first but it's really boring). CoD is better for straight up deathmatches, but objective games in CoD are full of K/D (BAN ME PLEASE) which makes them unbearable; BC2 is a better team/objective oriented game. It's slower paced but I don't think that's a bad thing. Sniping is a lot of fun (its so satisfying to hit a running target from a couple hundred meters away, because bullets actually have travel time and drop), but my main class is Medic. I like support roles, but it certainly doesn't hurt that the M60 makes straight offense completely viable with the class.

If you're playing rush, you're either defending a series of objectives (just kill the enemy as much as possible and prevent them from planting charges), or attacking and attempting to blow up those two objectives. C4 used to do a ton of damage to objectives but they must've upped the HP of those things because now it's more economical to plant charges. As far as helicopter controls go, practice practice practice. Don't crash it twice and call the game garbage. After you get the hang of it, it's awesome.

I haven't touched the game in several months, but with the recent Vietnam addon I may have to get back into it. I also got it for PC during the Steam holiday sale, so I'm going to have to try it out in 3D (since it's optimized for it I'm hopeful that it'll be stunning).

@Ramblin: suck less. I've noticed that BC2 is a lot less vocal than CoD games, though I'm not entirely sure why. When I'm on my mic (and not in a party), I never get any kind of response, but other players do seem to acknowledge my commmands.

Lol, you are just butthurt because you suck. It happens, get over it. Also, when you start, spam Medic at shit, those Lmg's are the best weapons in the game. A single squad of Medics can flatten half a team with Mg36's/half the other mg's.

1) Not really sure why you're being console specific.

2) "I don't know what I'm doing this game sucks" is a ridiculously weak statement.

I really enjoy the multiplayer (own it on 360), but haven't touched the story (want to do BC1 first but it's really boring). CoD is better for straight up deathmatches, but objective games in CoD are full of K/D (BAN ME PLEASE) which makes them unbearable; BC2 is a better team/objective oriented game. It's slower paced but I don't think that's a bad thing. Sniping is a lot of fun (its so satisfying to hit a running target from a couple hundred meters away, because bullets actually have travel time and drop), but my main class is Medic. I like support roles, but it certainly doesn't hurt that the M60 makes straight offense completely viable with the class.

If you're playing rush, you're either defending a series of objectives (just kill the enemy as much as possible and prevent them from planting charges), or attacking and attempting to blow up those two objectives. C4 used to do a ton of damage to objectives but they must've upped the HP of those things because now it's more economical to plant charges. As far as helicopter controls go, practice practice practice. Don't crash it twice and call the game garbage. After you get the hang of it, it's awesome.

I haven't touched the game in several months, but with the recent Vietnam addon I may have to get back into it. I also got it for PC during the Steam holiday sale, so I'm going to have to try it out in 3D (since it's optimized for it I'm hopeful that it'll be stunning).

@Ramblin: suck less. I've noticed that BC2 is a lot less vocal than CoD games, though I'm not entirely sure why. When I'm on my mic (and not in a party), I never get any kind of response, but other players do seem to acknowledge my commmands.
I didnt say i hate the game.I feel it has alot of potential to be a everyday play like black ops is. Its just not fun right now because i don't understand what im suppose to be doing.Its not a pick up and play game like call of duty.One problem is the menus seem confusing but i assume you can unlock more guns at later levels?Also Should i complete the campaign before i hop back into multiplayer to get used to the controls Even if i won't enjoy the campaign?

It is difficult in this game for one person to single-handily win the match for a team. This game is a lot more fun if you have a squad of people working together and communicating. To add to that, it can be very frustrating when the other team knows what they are doing and steamrolls you and your team of randoms.

I'm not even sure where you're getting any confusion from. You pick a game mode. There is a DESCRIPTION of the game mode on the bottom right of the screen iirc. As you enter the game, it says your team . For Rush its Defender or Attacker - Defender defends the objective (a+b) and attacker attacks the objective to arm it to destroy it. The other one is Conquest, which is the same as domination in CoD except a, b, and c aren't 5 steps away from each other. SDM is team death match except better since you're basically fighting over a vehicle.

The key to this game is help out your team. Spot, repair, heal, revive, give ammo. Getting 2.0 k/d is great and all but your team will still probably lose. Vanilla is a bunch of fun, but you stop unlocking stuff at about 20-30, which is annoying. The choice of weapons is great, etc. Vietnam addition is a bunch of fun as well, just focusing more on cqc and less on the vehicle warfare of vanilla.

[360ers should COME TOGETHER and kick some ass btw]

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The multiplayer really takes a lot of getting used to.
Like how it takes two shots from a sniper for a kill unless it's a headshot. Once you get the hang of it this game kicks ass. I can't wait til they come out with a new one :D

The best thing you could do is probably watch YouTube vids with strategy or tips. They'll give you a good grip on how to play and where to go. I'm speaking from the experience of how I got good Modern Warfare 2, but I'm sure it applies just the same as it would any video game.

it depends what game mode
you probably dont have the setting changed for aircraft where it says inverted or something when you change that it makes it way more easier to fly the chopper

try playing with a squad so you dont die to much as you spawn
lets just say your playing rush and on the defending team you would have to just make sure the enemies dont plant the bomb and keep pushing them back so learn the common routes people like to flank and run from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)