Battle to the death: Ubers Warstory

Wassup smogon people? Well anyway I haven’t battled in a while but my pal Drugged and I decided to have a match to help test out my new team. Drugged’s team is unknown to me due to my absence from playing and vice versa, however I know I can always count on him to give me a run for my money. Aite well enjoy the battle and on with da show.

Ike123's Team

Druggedfox's Team

Key

* Blue Bold size 2, is whatever has anything to do with me
* Blue size 2, no bold, is whatever I have to say about the turn of events
* Orange, size 2, no bold, is whatever Druggedfox has to say about the turn of events
* Orange Bold is everything dealing with Druggedfox

Damage Key
(After the log you'll get recaps of what's going on in terms of health, status, boosts, etc.)

* Olive Green (99% - 80%)
* Bright "annoying" Green (79% - 60%)
* Beige'ish' (59% - 40%)
* Kinda Mahogany (39% - 20%)
* Red 19% - 0 (faint)

Rules
We are civilized people. We have rules.

* Sleep Clause
* Freeze Clause
* OHKO Clause
* Evasion Clause
* Species Clause
* Timed Battle

Let the Match Begin!

Ike123 sent out Flash (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).

Druggedfox sent out D.Will (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-e used Trick.
Deoxys-e obtained Lum Berry!

Scizor obtained Choice Scarf!
Scizor used X-Scissor.

It's super effective!
Deoxys-e lost 90% of its health.
---
100% (choice scarfed)
10% (lum berry)
---
Ike123: Hmm…. A scizor, interesting anti lead most likely equipped with a Lum, well it’s most likely going to pursuit/bullet punch /u turn, but I can't really do anything to it, so I go with trick to allow me to set down some knives and cripple the menace with Choice Scarf in the process.
Druggedfox: I scissored away hoping to KO it or otherwise follow up with a quick Punch to the gut, only to be Tricked with a useless scarf. Might as well slay it and not allow Stealh R. and spikes set up.

Ike123 switched in Black Mamba(lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Scizor used X-Scissor.
It's not very effective...
Rayquaza lost 18% of its health.

---
100%
82%
---
Ike123: Well I can always use Deo as my scouter later as well as setting up SR, no point in sacrificing him now. Ray slithers into the scene now unscathed. My ray is a SD variant and I don't want to blatantly reveal it so I fire blast away to incinerate his steel bug to ashes giving it the facade of a Mixed Ray

Druggedfox: Damnn. His ray got in with a small dent to his hide. Now my scizor stares up at the flying behemoth it’s up against as thoughts swirl through my head. Ray is so unpredictable and a wrong prediction could be my undoing so I attack with scizor, hoping that I can uncover its set since a DD ray is covered by one of my hidden scarfers while SD is checked by Dialga.
Might as well whittle his health down a bit.

Rayquaza used FIre Blast.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
Druggedfox's Scizor fainted.

Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.

---
0% (dead)
72%

Score 6/5 Ike123

Ike123: Everything according to plan as Ray incinerates the steel bug to ashes with his scorching flames. Wonder what he's gonna summon in its place to counter my Ray.

Druggedfox: Scizor was my sacrificial lamb but its death wasn't in vain since i now know his Ray is a mixed variant and with its unpredictability gone Ray is easily counterable by my team, Plus now i get a free switch in with Palkia.

Druggedfox switched in Derrick Rose (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!

Ike123 switched in Melo (lvl 100 Metagross).
Palkia used Substitute.
Palkia lost 25% of its health.
Palkia made a substitute!
Palkia's leftovers restored its health a little!
Palkia restored 6% of its health.

---
81% and a sub
100%

Ike123: Palkia, the annoying time machine saunters in and it’s most likely a scarfer so I can wall its special rend with Meta and wound it as it flees with pursuit, but to my amazement it’s a sub palk.

Druggedfox: A free sub up for Palk but the steel tin switches in and none of my attacks can dent it, but might as well injure it slightly before I retreat though.

Palkia used Aqua Tail.
Metagross lost 34% of its health.
Metagross used Earthquake.

The substitute took damage for Palkia!
Palkia's substitute faded!

---
87%
66%

Ike123: Sub down, palkia down. It apparently doesn’t have fire blast or any means of KOing meta, and an EQ would severely weaken it, so I sense a retreat coming and pursuit the fleeing monster.

Druggedfox: SHIT. Only 34% it will take 2 more aqua tails to KO and I can’t afford an EQ, at my current health, and Meta can’t even scratch my Tina so I switch.

Metagross used Pursuit.
Palkia lost 38% of its health.
Metagross lost 10% of its health.
Druggedfox switched in Dream (lvl 100 Giratina).
Giratina is exerting its pressure!

---
49% ----->
100%
56%

Ike123: Palkia's futile attempt to take down Meta leaves it scrambling away while Palkia gets ripped apart by Meta’s claws. He sends in his ghastly dragon. Giratina is just plain annoying even if it is crap, time to go in to Deo and absorb the WoW and set up SR.

Druggedfox: Giratina gets in as planned but Palkia takes a heavy onslaught. Well I know that his Meta isn’t staying in on me so time to go to Scarfga and blast anything down.

Ike123 switched in Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!

Druggedfox switched in Devin Harris (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!

---
10%
100%

Ike123: Dialga, quite a fearsome beast, well doesn’t matter since I'll just set up SR with Deo and scout out the temporal beast.

Druggedfox: Damn it, he’ll get up Stealth Rocks, got to kill him anyway so Dragon Pulse.

Deoxys-e used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Dialga used Dragon Pulse.
Deoxys-e lost 10% of its health.
Ike123’s Deoxys-e fainted.

---
0% (dead) + Stealth Rocks
100%

Score 5/5 Tied

Ike123: Good work Deo, you did your job as it sets up SR and sent into oblivion. It’s mostly likely a Scarfdialga, they’re swarming all over the uber tier. So Meta do your job and make him run to his Ghost.

Druggedfox: Stealth Rocks is up but it doesn’t really hurt any of my guys especially, well I hope to keep the surprise of my Dialga up still and catch an unwary Palkia or Rayquaza trying to set up.

Ike123 switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Ike123 switched in King James (lvl 100 Darkrai).

Druggedfox switched in Giratina (lvl 100 Giratina).
Pointed stones dug into Giratina.
Giratina lost 12% of its health.
Giratina's leftovers restored its health a little!
Giratina restored 6% of its health.

---

100%
93%

Ike123: Good, A free switch in for Rai.Predicted that switch a mile away as “My Little Devil” is sent in to create chaos. Now Another Form of Tina is just plain weak, it's attacks are worthless to Rai so i decide to NP for free if he tries to atk or Sleep Talk since I know he's too scared to switch.

Druggedfox: O damn! Rai comes in on a free switch and ready to put on the hurt gainst me. Now Tina can take the sleep for all I care, but I just got this feeling Ike isn’t gonna waste a void on a poke he deems worthless like Gira, going to status it since Dragon claw won't really do much anyway.

Darkrai used Nasty Plot.
Darkrai’s special attack raised sharply

Giratina used Will-o-Wisp.
Darkrai was burned!
Darkrai was hurt by its burn!
Darkrai lost 12% of its health.

---
87% (burn + 2 SpA)
99%

Ike123: Didn’t really expect him to try and Sleep Talk me like others but still that doesn’t really phase my Rai at all. I’m expecting a switch to Dialga but Pulse away instead of voiding in case he decides to just sac his Tina then bring in Dialga. Time to Hoodalize Tina!!

Druggedfox: Now I’m scared, if he voids on my Dialga switch I really don’t have anyone to take on Rai . However I think he’ll just pulse away since he believes I’ll just sack Tina to be safe and bring in my Steel Dragon to revenge, so GO Dialga.

Druggedfox switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Dialga
Dialga lost 6% of its health.

Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
It’s not very effective…
Dialga lost 59% of its health.

Darkrai lost 10% of its health.
Darkrai was hurt by its burn!
Darkrai lost 12% of its health.

---
65% (burned + 2 SpA)
35%

Ike123: Pretty nice dent Darkrai put into that Temporal hide, but nice switch in I guess for Dialga. Now it’s my turn to predict. He's expecting a switch to Metagross most likely and is ready to roast him so I switch to my own shadow dragon.

Druggedfox: WHOO that's some major damage evn with my resistance! . Now he's not going to sac his Rai like that, probably going to try and conserve it for later but Meta looks like it's coming in so, BURN that incoming Tin Can.

Ike123 switched in Big Diesl ( lvl 100 Giratina-o).
Dialga used Fire Blast.
It’s not very effective…
Giratina-o lost 17% of its health.

---
-o 83%
35%
---
Ike123: Well Tina’s in like that taking a measly hit, I have a mixed sub set with shadowforce, but anyway I’ve seen most of his team now so I hope to scout out the rest of his team with Sub.

Druggedfox: Oops. The streak was nice while it lasted. I don't have any one who can really take a blast from Gira so I'll send in my SD Groudon to hopefully weaken or kill Gira.

Druggedfox switched in Dwight Howard (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The sun began to shine!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon.
Groudon lost 6% of its health.

Giratina-o used Substitute.
Giratina-o lost 25% of its health.
Giratina-o made a substitute!

The sun continues to shine.
---
-o 58% and a sub
93%

Ike123: Are you serious? Groudon that damned Earth Titan’s gonna stop me right in my tracks, my speed isn’t maxed nor is it a speed boosting nature and its probably Rock Polish so at least I will cripple it to the point it can't sweep.

Druggedfox: I hate Tina, it always takes down one of my dudes , just crush that sub now Don.

Groudon used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Giratina-o!
Giratina-o's substitute faded!
Giratina-o used Dragon Pulse.

Groudon lost 63% of its health.
---
-o 58%
31%
---
Ike123: Sub down, Dragon down unfortunately as Giratina awaits its demise. Too little hp to survive any current threats and too slow = useless so I sac it to freely bring in another threat like Ray to keep his Dialga that is most likely coming in to predict correctly.

Druggedfox: Aite well, it appears that Groudon is faster, don’t want to over predict now and use a missed eq or SE so I'm gonna be safe and Dragon Claw for the kill!

Groudon used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
Giratina-o lost 66% of its health.
Ike123’s Giratina-o fainted.

Groudon lost 10% of its health.
---
-o 0% (dead)
21%

Score 4/5 Druggedfox

Ike123: Don slays the Dragon, well since that’s over time for Ray to make a repeat appearance.

Druggedfox: Gira-o collapses from Groudon’s mighty claws as planned as I take the lead in this battle.

Ike123 switched in Rayquaza ( lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Rayquaza used Extremespeed.

Groudon lost 21% of its health
Druggedfox’s Groudon fainted.

---
62%
0% (dead)

Score 4/4 Tied

Ike123: Well Don isn’t going anywhere and anything that counters my fire atk comes in will be severely wounded by extremespeed.

Druggedfox: At Groudon’s minimal health it won't be able to sweep, and the fear of allowing a Rayquaza to set up forces me to stay in and Dragon Claw.

Druggedfox switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.
Palkia lost 12% of its health.

---
62%
37%

Ike123: I had expected Dialga to come back onto the scene where I could force him to make another "do or die" move but it's Palkia. At that minimal health why the hell would Palkia come in on Ray, when I can basically KO it with an Xspeed, well whatever just Kill it.

Druggedfox: I send in Palkia to scare Ray away, and use aqua tail to nail a 2hko on Meta only to fatally realize too late that Palkia had only 37 % hp left due to Stealth R.

Palkia lost 37% of its health.
Palkia used Aqua Tail.

It’s not very effective…
Rayquaza lost 23% of its health .

---
29%
7%

Ike123: WTH. How da hell did that survive, mimimum damage or wat. This is one weak Ray, only dealing that much to Palk. Xspeed will kill for sure this time, so Attack!

Druggedfox: Haha, Palkia manages to cling on to life by a thread, well with 2 scarfers on my team I decide to conserve it and use as death fodder later on so in comes the King to sweep.

Druggedfox switched in Demon (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Mewtwo is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Mewtwo.
Mewtwo lost 12% of its health.

Mewtwo lost 41% of its health.
---
19%
47%

Ike123: Mewtwo, you kidding me! It’s a joke, a shame to have such great stats but no STAB to back him up, I bring Meta in to take the icy wind directed at Ray, confident that I could take on 2hits if it lacked fire power.

Druggedfox: He’s switching guarantee it, this time for sure and when he does Mew2 will be ready to send him to a scrap heap with Aura Sphere.

Ike123 switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross ?).
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere.
Metagross lost 34% of its health.
---
22%
47%

Ike123: Heh. Nice predict but still to weak for the supposed Pokemon King, it’s time to end his reign. Bullet punching away to send him to the dead zone with around 10% health left.

Druggedfox: Bullet punch comes to my mind first as Mew2 is squaring off against Gross and I switch in my dead fodder Palkia to scout any atk coming at me.

Druggedfox switched in Palkia ( lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure.
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.
Palkia lost 12% of its health.
Druggedfox’s Palkia fainted.

Metagrosss used Bullet Punch.
But there was no target.

---
0% (dead)
22%

Score 4/3 Ike123

Ike123: Dammn. I should have easily seen that coming, he would never let his Mewtwo take a bullet punch at that kind of health, and yet it eluded me. Now he has a free switch in to send in whatever threat he wants.

Druggedfox: O Right! Palkia acts as death fodder letting me bring in Dialga freely while Mew2 is able to slink outta there and now Dialga has enough health to take both a Gross bullet punch and Rayquaza X speed and able to KO the main part of his team. A dialga sweep is now in sight as well as my victory.

Druggedfox switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its Pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Dialga.
Dialga lost 6% of its health.

Metagross used Bullet Punch.
Dialga lost 12% of its health.
Metagross lost 10% of its health.
Dialga used Dragon Pulse.
Metagross lost 12% of its health.
Ike123’s Metagross fainted.

---
0% (dead)
18%

Score 3/3 Tied

Ike123: Meta’s screwed, I can’t allow any of my other guys to get hit by its dragon blast and with its pitiful health it's only a burden to my team. You fought with honor Meta, now bullet punch that nigga. One last bullet punch resounds off of Dialga’s metal exterior.

Druggedfox: Aight I got Ike on the ropes, with my plan working to perfection, nothing can probably safely switch into Dialga’s Pulse, so it’s time to end this Game, Dialga Pulse Ftw.

Ike123 switched in The Answer ( lvl 100 Garchomp).
Garchomp used Outrage.
Garchomp went on a rampage!

Dialga lost 17% of its health.
Druggedfox’s Dialga fainted.

---
100%
0% (dead)

Score 3/2 Ike123

Ike123: I never really liked chomp, always preferring other dragons since I found Chomp so weak in ubers, but Chomps got this game wrapped up now OUTRAGE, if Tina switches in it will be 2HKOed then letting me bring in dead fodder to allow him to reuse outrage if he gets confused, and Dialga and Mewtwo don’t have the health to survive. Ironic that Chomp is now the savior of my team.

Druggedfox: Garchomp really?! Damn never knew that Ike would ever even consider using it in Ubers. Well there’s a first for everything, most likely scarfed well Dialga will have to stay in and Attack, even if it is Mew2 can come in and revenge kill next turn, and thus allow me to win the game.

Druggedfox switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).

---
100%
35%

Ike123: Heh WTH is drugged thinking, looks like he’s given up on this battle sending in Mewtwo to take my Dragon assault instead of Tina. Chomp his ass down now!

Druggedfox: Your trapped, Adios Dragon, go back to OU where you belong! :p

Mewtwo used Ice Beam.
Garchomp lost 100% of its health
Ike123’s Garchomp fainted.

---
0% (dead)
35%

Score 2/2 Tied
---
Ike123: WHAT! A Scarftwo, that’s certainly a surprise. Should have known that it was choiced by it’s measly dmg that it inflicted on Meta and due to the fact that it had no LO or lefties. However it’s Hp is in killing Range for my Serpentine Beast to finish it. With only 19 percent health left i have to play conservatively with Ray. This is do or die for me now, either I xspeed, dragon claw or SD. If he switches to Tina on my Xspeed i am screwed, since a d claw can't Ko his dragon, and if i dclaw on da switch recoil dmg would take down my serpent leaving Rai against Mew2, Shit, i gotta risk it and SD.

Druggedfox: Xspeed is coming up, gotta send in Tina. This would allow me to heal with lefties and then protect to bring Tina up to maximum health and Draco Meteor even from 399 and LO can't OHKo a 252 hp/252 spDef Gira while i Dclaw the nigga down and essentially win the game.

Ike123 switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Druggedfox switched in Giratina (lvl 100 Giratina).
Pointed stones dug into Giratina.
Giratina lost 12 % of its health

Rayquaza used Sword Dance.
Rayquaza's attack raised sharply.

---
19% (+2Atk)
93%

Ike123: Hell yea! This played out perfectly with Ray boosting its extravagant attack sky high. Giratina just struts in against Ray, expecting an X speed only to be taken by surprise by an SD, now defeat is inevitable!

Druggedfox: FUCk! My plan goes awry seeing that his Ray previously thought as an mixed variant turns out to be SD. My incorrect predict has just allowed the serpentine beast to double its atk freely and now slash away my teams defenses.

Rayquaza used Dragon Claw.
Giratina lost 93% of its health.
Druggedfox’s Giratina fainted

Rayquaza lost 10% of its health

---
9% (+2Atk)
0% (dead)

Score 2/1 Ike123

Ike123: Bitch get outta here. Dragon claw sends that dragon screamin as it's ripped apart.

Druggedfox: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It turns out to be a SD variant that shredded apart my chances of victory. Mew2 is screwed now as a Xspeed would finish me. I wish I had Me First now.

Druggedfox switched Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).

Mewtwo lost 22% of its health.
Druggedfox’s Mewtwo fainted.

Ike123 wins!
---
9%
0% (dead)
Score 2/0 Ike123

Ike123: Aite that’s the game, Ray always a prominent threat with its versatility, power and priority move. And of course Kobe was da man, coming through in da clutch and carried my team to victory.

Druggedfox: NOOOOOOOOOOO! So close, but it was a good fought battle anyway. Man guess that's why numba 24 is known as the best closer in the game.

Props:
- No relevant hax really if any was present.
- Fast paced Ubers battle where every prediction counted.
- Ray for surviving on the hair of its little chin chin.
- No speed ties that determined match.
- All different pokes.
- Surprises
- RAYS A BEAST
Slops:
- Drugged’s slight mistakes​

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Pretty good ubers match.I`ve lost a match like that to ultimifier once when we were both outpredicting each other and then i expected him to overpredict so i got greedy used thunder let groudon rp and it was gg.

One move by drugged cost him the match...

Thinking about getting back into Pokemon after my job's push period ends. I guess this battle might be a good indication of how I should play.

Pretty interesting how Druggedfox's assumption of a mixed Rayquaza because of Fire Blast at the beginning cost him the game.

Excellent match!

This was a fine match, though I agree with intro, and the street talk was getting on my nerves too ;p

Great game and fine warstory overall.

another great warstory ike, altho Druggedfox's team seems to be a bit noncompetitive, i mean stuff like

choice scarf mewtwo, sub palkia with aqua tail without a kyogre
and his giratina seems a bit out of place too

and the thought process comments at the end were nice, where df says something like

oh crap, rayquaza, gotta switch to giratina to take the Xspeed
also takes great prediction to Swords dance in the face of an ice beam

altho df really had no choice in the matter at that time, if he got Xspeeded, giratina is toast anyway

P.S strange to see a df team without SR, unless his groudon has SR(with life orb?)

PPS xtreemmasheen is coming back to his senses?

Hey, really out of place probably but how do I get those tiny picture. I want to make a Warstory for the next Monotype finals I get in and would like to know lol.

I've never been much of an ubers player myself but, overall I'd say this battle had its ups and downs in the battle, great job!

It was okay; the comments in the beginning were decent, albeit boring. Once it got to the second half you started getting cocky and all forms of normal grammar were out the window. All in all, it was pretty good.

Note to Drugged: Me First has no priority. However, upon thinking about it again, this situation is interesting. Me First only works if your speed is greater than the opponent and they select an attacking move. However, priority moves like Extremespeed do not affect speed, and instead just override it. Would Mewtwo have copied Extremespeed and used it since it was faster than Rayquaza?

the colors were hard on my eyes, and you saying "Da" and "Nigga" annoyed me cause talking like that is just stupid. Otherwise it was a decent warstory

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I thought it was a pretty good battle, but towards the end the comments started getting a little ridiculous.

man you worked that quaza to perfection this game IKE. I'll be expecting it next time we play ;)

It was a good match though. Many predictions and even some over predictions in the middle which proved costly to you.

In the middle I believe you should have dark voided with darkrai after the first Nasty Plot. Two reasons: 1. In case he switched (like he did) you would have removed his scarfer and then gotten a free turn to dark pulse the next turn
2. If he stayed in you could have dark pulsed next turn, hitting dialga for the 50%ish damage but incapacitating giratina for the rest of the game

doesnt really matter as you still won, but just a thing i picked up on

I love seeing prediction in warstories, but this is a perfect example of prediction screwing people over. You too started predicting at so many different levels that it quickly became guessing.

I would rather keep things at face value.

Good game though both of you. You both have more playing skill than I do.

Oh, and where are the WOBBS?! scarfers aren't nearly as scary with that guy around.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was a decent warstory. This is a great(albeit slightly extreme) example of how the unpredictability of a pokemon can make or break a game.
Some nice prediction as well.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I thought that this was a good read, but the comments were just a touch confusing to read in places. I really like how you played that Rayquaza. :)

this was a decent warstory i was suprised by the fact that foxs using a scarftwo

great job! 4/5 for me

EDIT:welcome back Ike :D remember your last warstory that got reserved in the warstory archive

A good warstory, but sometimes I would read log, and then the comments would come after.

I don't think it deserves the archive, but it was good regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)