Battle Spot Laddering Challenge [Week 2 Posted Momentarily]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
approved by cant say

Hello, and welcome to the Weekly Battle Spot Ladder Challenge! This is a revival of NOVED's thread because that is no longer active.

This challenge will test your ability to strategically think when given a challenge on Battle Spot with less common Pokemon/strategies. You'll have to build a team based around a certain Pokemon or theme. There is now a reward! The highest ranking person with one of the accounts on PS! will earn a 'trial Room Voice.' Trial Room Voice is basically a temporary voice to prove that you can keep the rank and use it responsibly. Try to keep a bit of the competitive aspect of Battle Spot in mind, as well as the viability of the teammates that work in sync with the Pokemon being forced.

When building your team, creative and innovative ideas are welcome, but try to keep the team viable as well. If your team is interesting and doing well simultaneously, you'll have a much better shot at winning!

Anyways, read on:

Battle Spot Doubles

Must Use:

WIP LOL HA

Rules
No one line posts/posts that don't relate to the thread
Please post a screenshot with your current peak on your alt. GXE does not matter, just the ladder ranking.

For those of you who didn't already know, this is going to be restricted to the Pokemon Showdown! server.

When signing up, try to use an alt with 'BSLC <username>', as using your main account might have been used to ladder before this was made and will most likely not be counted.
Code:
DO:
/nick <username>
Click the gear button in the top right corner of the page/app.
Hit the register button.
Make a password.
Ladder :)
There is a reward being figured out. for the time being, have fun!

Also, Make sure you post in this thread saying something like, "Laddering as BSLC Rhythms."

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
There is now a reward! The highest ranking person with one of the accounts on PS! will earn a 'trial Room Voice.' Trial Room Voice is basically a temporary voice to prove that you can keep the rank and use it responsibly.

You may now post!

This seems like fun, and it gives me team ideas for battle spot singles ingame. I'll be laddering as BSLC Creeper, good luck to all.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
due at the end of this week on Sat. (2/21/15)
Can I get an auto win since that's my birthday? ;)

Seriously though, have you thought of maybe extending the first challenge just a bit to try and get a few more participants / give those that have recently signed up more than a couple of days to ladder?

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Can I get an auto win since that's my birthday? ;)

Seriously though, have you thought of maybe extending the first challenge just a bit to try and get a few more participants / give those that have recently signed up more than a couple of days to ladder?
Sure, extended to the 23rd

no fre win for u

Ok so I know that if you are already a staff member, you can always change your ranked username to something else after discussing and approving with a moderator or above.
But I was thinking about a reward for staff members or individuals who already have voiced accounts, if they win this challenge could they have the option of having 2 accounts with the same rank? I ask this because other than satisfaction which is going to be present regardless, there should be a reward for staff members. Some kind of reward anyway not necessarily what I just stated. Though I personally would love to have just as much access to commands on 2 usernames.

We should have an exact time end for the Challenge instead of just saying Monday. Like something we can all know about, For Example: XX:00 Eastern. This should wrap up things nicely and prevent a huge hassle on Monday.

Kortex

Banned deucer.
Laddering Doubles as BSLC Kortex

Edit: Realized this only applies to Singles, why can't we do this for Doubles as well?

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Ok so I know that if you are already a staff member, you can always change your ranked username to something else after discussing and approving with a moderator or above.
But I was thinking about a reward for staff members or individuals who already have voiced accounts, if they win this challenge could they have the option of having 2 accounts with the same rank? I ask this because other than satisfaction which is going to be present regardless, there should be a reward for staff members. Some kind of reward anyway not necessarily what I just stated. Though I personally would love to have just as much access to commands on 2 usernames.
idk ask Feliburn
Laddering Doubles as BSLC Kortex

Edit: Realized this only applies to Singles, why can't we do this for Doubles as well?
i cant say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)