Bad Team turned Good

I was bored on shoddy once, so I decided to make a bad team.
Well it didn't have bad pokemon, it had very good pokemon actually.
It's just the movesets and strategies weren't the best for them.

I'll post the details of my team here so that you can take a look and hopefully comment your opinions on them.

Declassified OU:__

Aerodactyl
Choice Scarf, Adamant, Pressure.
EVS: 8HP/ 208ATK/ 40DEF/ 252SPEED
~Stealth Rock
~Stone Edge
~Ice Fang
~Thunder Fang

Well, I scarfed it originally to outspeed many other leads with scarf, especially ninjask on the first turn which really suprised me.

Ice Fang and Thunder Fang I think were great moves to choose randomly.
This is because Aerodactyl with scarf pretty much outspeeds mostly anything in OU, so the flinch is a bonus there including chance of status.

Ice Fang can take care of other Aerodactyl which won't expect that, and Thunder Fang can take out Gyarados either early or later in-game.
Stone Edge is for STAB and power obviously, even though it used to be Fire Fang to take care of Scizor but Bullet Punch made me change it.

Metagross
Expert Belt, Modest, Clear Body.
EVS: 40HP/ 80DEF/ 156SP.ATK/ 252SPEED
~Bullet Punch
~Psychic
~Grass Knot
~Hidden Power Fire

After looking at Metagross's stats, I think it's Sp.Atk base stat didn't look that bad, it's 95 base or something which is better than most things so, I did decide to use a Choice Specs Metagross originally, but now using Expert Belt so that I wouldn't have to switch too often and I also had Bullet Punch which never does come off the Specs. I know Choice Band is better for Metagross due to his Atk stat but many wouldn't expect a special sweeping Metagross.

Bullet Punch is to take out Focus Sashed leads that didn't get OHKO'd earlier, Psychic for STAB, Grass Knot to take down Swamperts and Hidden Power Fire so that I don't get walled by other steels, especially Magnezone with Magnet Pull.

The Def Evs are there to make sure that Scizor only takes off 15% Max HP with Bullet Punch excluding Stealth Rock, then I OHKO it with Hidden Power Fire.

Rotom-F
Leftovers, Bold, Levitate.
EVS: 252HP/ 120DEF/ 16SP.ATK/ 120SP.DEF
~Will-o-Wisp
~Confuse Ray
~Shadow Ball
~Pain Split

This set has been one of the most awesome sets I ever thought of.
It's stalled successfully against Breloom without Seed Bomb, Bronzong, Blissey, Vaporeon, you name it.

I normally use Confuse Ray on the first turn.
1. In case the foe switches to another pokemon
2. Perfect Accuracy unlike Will-O-Wisp

It's then the foe is confused that I use Will-o-Wisp to do 12% of extra damage to them every turn and also shuts down any physical sweepers.

Rotom-f's defences and max HP, definitely make it a potential wall, even the likes of Machamp's Payback can 3HKO Rotom-f with leftovers I THINK.

Pain Split is also there to balance out damage and finish them off with Shadow Ball once they're in KO range.

Skarmory
Lum Berry, Impish, Keen Eye.
EVS: 120HP/ 24ATK/ 192DEF/ 76SPEED/ 96SP.DEF
~Brave Bird
~Spikes
~Roost
~Taunt

What can I say? Switching into pokemon who depend on statusing opponents like Breloom's Spore has never been safer for Skarm with a Lum Berry.

It's simple really, Skarm's defence is good enough to set up at least a layer of spikes. not only that, Taunt shuts down any Support Pokemon that aren't careful, Brave Bird and Roost are also a good combination of great attacking power and recovering off any SR or recoil damage.

The EV mix is pretty spread out evenly because I didnt want a fault in any particular stat and to make sure it outspeeds and KOs some things.

Swampert
Life Orb, Relaxed, Torrent.
EVS: 240HP/ 136ATK/ 36DEF/ 96SP.ATK
~Earthquake
~Hydro Pump
~SuperPower
~Blizzard

Swampert is safe to switch into any Electrics that may try to shut down my team in terms of paralysis.

Earthquake and Hydro Pump are for powerful STABs further helping in Life Orb boost despite 10% HP loss every turn.

Superpower takes out Tyranitar and Umbreon especially Magnezone after Magnet Rise which I've seen rarely.
Then Blizzard takes care of the Dragon's that try to kill it before it kills them on the 2nd turn since Swampert's quite a bulky water.

Salamence
Choice Band, Jolly, Intimidate.
EVS: 252ATK/ 36DEF/ 220SPEED
~Aqua Tail
~Earthquake
~Outrage
~Crunch

This a very straightforward set for me.

Aqua Tail to take care of Gliscor, Hippowdon, just powerful and bulky rock/ground/fire types really.

Earthquake to take out annoying electric types and Heatran.

Outrage as a very powerful STAB move and I don't mind getting locked into it because I'm Choice Banded anyway.

Crunch is there to take out Ghosts, especially Gengar which my teams have problems with, therefore KOing it before it KOs Salamence with Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball excluding Stealth Rock in the field.

So yeah, that's the team I randomly created to be crap, but I can say it's the best team I've made so far. And I always use it very often.
Try it out for yourselves if you really want to.
The key thing is decieving the opponent with unlikely strategies, which is the winning point you may recieve apart from beating utter noobies.

Please comment below and share your thoughts about this team
-Scozzy =]

Since metagross is mixed with bullet punch you should give it life orb or expert belt along with quiet nature to pick off pokemon that survived your special attack.

Since swampert is a wallbreaker(kind of) instead of a wall, it should also run quiet instead of relaxed.

Also you may consider giving salamence jolly nature with 220 speed EVs to outrun neutral 252 gengar. Since its already banded jolly is powerful enough; giving it adamant still doesn't make it OHKO hippowdon with aqua tail or swampert with outrage, so might as well just use jolly.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
This team doesn't look so bad. The first thing I noticed is that you have 3 choice-itemed pokemon. Choice pokemon are not good at sweeping. They only revenge-kill and clean up weakened crap that still lives. Generally, you should have two of them at the most.

Aerodactyl is pretty much a suicide lead, so I don't think you'll be able to use him in the mid/late-game. I mean, if he works, then by all means you can keep him, but I think scarfed Azelf might work better:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature (+Speed, -Special Attack)
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt (or some other move)
- Explosion

With choice scarf, Azelf has a base speed of 172 (I think) so he should be able to outspeed many leads. Trick is there to cripple slow leads, and you can set up rocks as they switch. Explosion is pretty self-explanatory.

Everyone else seems alright. I would put Stone Edge over Blizzard on Swampert because that 70% accuracy is too risky IMO. Besides, Stone Edge should KO most Salamence after stealth rock, and also counters Gyarados.

That's everything for now. GL would your team =D

Just a small nitpick, but Machamp doesn't get Pursuit to my knowledge. It does get Payback however, if that's what you meant. With your current Rotom-F's set, Machamp's Payback can still 2HKO it without burn, and has a chance to 3HKO with burn (assuming its Lum Berry was already consumed), I believe. Confusion, on the other hand, may still cause Machamp some difficulties, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)