Bad Luck You've Had So Far

200+ Larvitar eggs, and no six IV one yet. I could kick myself because I just remembered I have a perfect Jolly Larvitar sitting on my Heartgold. I'll wait a month and shuffle him in.

need to vent my frustration for hatching 70 eggs so far using rng method without any random 31IV, while getting a completely unexpected 6iv female marill with fairly bad parents and NOT USING EVERSTONE. GAAH. BRAVE NATURE.

Last edited:
Well I have 95 hours of gameplay and i only have one shiny and its not naturally found in the wild. I got an Alomomola after 36 fishing streak. I am trying to get a skiddo via masuda method and right now ive hatched 125 eggs
good luck with that i had 20 box's of skiddo trying to get a shiny that way try either chaining or find out what the sv is of the skiddo egg get someone else to hatch it thats what i did another bad day i had in friend safari run from a shiny sawbuck was not a happy bunny when i relised that

Finally got a random 31 iv, after 127 eggs.

Out of the 49 I did today, 8 of them were random 0iv. Including 3 0s in a row (att, def, att).

Can anyone top that?

Spent a week so far trying to get a shiny Honedge through the Masuda Method. No such luck. I have a bunch of other breeding projects I want to undertake, too :/

Out of the 49 I did today, 8 of them were random 0iv. Including 3 0s in a row (att, def, att).

Can anyone top that?
I get that random 0 IV thing so frequently! I had 3/4 babies in a batch (can't even remember which mon it was) with 0 special defense. I actually thought one of the parents had it without me knowing, but I checked and neither parent had any zeros.

Can anyone top that?
Ouch.

I've had that luck in past games with breeding projects. Bagon, I remember, took me about 100 before I got one perfect IV.

That luck is amazing for breeding Trick Room teams though!

Not getting any Shiny Stones despite consistently beating Roserade and the target time in Secret Super Training... And getting like a crap ton of Stardusts and Hard Stones instead -.-"
Secret Super Training is the worst. I beat Stunfisk about 50-100 times in a row, consistently under 30 seconds and almost always without taking a hit, never got my Thunderstone. Decided to play it again but delay hitting it for a solid minute, get the Thunderstone immediately.

I know I have bad luck in general but really?

Secret Super Training is the worst. I beat Stunfisk about 50-100 times in a row, consistently under 30 seconds and almost always without taking a hit, never got my Thunderstone. Decided to play it again but delay hitting it for a solid minute, get the Thunderstone immediately.

I know I have bad luck in general but really?
You think that's bad, how about trying to play not super well on the Tyranitar one (Aggron if Y) and keep getting Stones instead of PP Ups/Max.

Fuck stones, give me PP meds!

OK, I was fighting a sand veil'd Garchomp in The Super singles of the Maison.

It avoided: A Sacred sword (WTF I THOUGHT THAT MOVE IGNORED EVASION!!!), a shadow sneak, and a Draco meteor.

I never wanted to blow a battle facility to bits with Nukes and Ion Cannon Blasts so much!

Reactions: JES
You think that's bad, how about trying to play not super well on the Tyranitar one (Aggron if Y) and keep getting Stones instead of PP Ups/Max.

Fuck stones, give me PP meds!
At least the stones are worth something. Why the hell would I ever want 50 Soda Pops in the postgame? The game gives you so much money you could basically buy a factory to make soda if it gave you the chance. There's literally no way that's an okay prize.

Or, if it wasn't Soda Pop, it was Stardust. Oh boy! I was hoping to have a super inefficient way to make money in a game that has super efficient ways to make money. =/

Maybe Super Training just knows what you're after and does this to spite you? =P

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I was running in a Grass safari with Pansage / Quilladin / Ivysaur for around 6 hours. I JUST logged off in order to go to sleep, and then I look at my screen and click run and miss the shiny Pansage, which I confirmed with the PokeDex 2 seconds ago.

It's the first shiny I've actually ran from (and I've seen many). I'm not THAT bummed, considering it wasn't a starter, but it's still a (lost) shiny.

Bred a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Fletchling.

It has Big Pecks.
I've been there, but with a Chespin with Overgrow. On the brightside, so long as it's not female, you can swap it out for one of the parents and increase your odds even further.

Of course if it is a female you get to eat shit I guess.

Reactions: JES
I've been there, but with a Chespin with Overgrow. On the brightside, so long as it's not female, you can swap it out for one of the parents and increase your odds even further.

Of course if it is a female you get to eat shit I guess.
Yeah it was female lol.

I also got a 31/31/31/31/(really high)/31 male. And it had Gale Wing. If only there were some way to switch to IVs...

I tried to chain fish so I could get a shiny Skrelp, since Dragalge is my favorite 6th gen Pokemon.

On the first chain I got to around 85 before the chain just broke because I reeled it in too early.

On the second attempt I got somewhere around 160 before my chain broke because I reeled it in too late.

I tried it again and my chain broke at about 60 because I reeled it in too early.

I then tried it one last time and my chain broke at about 120 because I reeled it in too early.

I'm getting tired of this.

Also I'm MMing for a shiny Pinsir since he's my favorite Bug type and my favorite mega evo, still no shiny yet and i'm at 510 eggs, and i'm really hoping it doesn't turn out like my Eevee hunt in B/W where I got to somewhere in the mid-late 1000s before giving up because I was so sick of seeing brown Eevees. Meanwhile my friend got a shiny Riolu in 6 eggs and in B/W2 he got a shiny Kyurem in about 80 soft resets.

EDIT: Alright I think that i'm sick of hatching Pinsir eggs, i'm at about 600 eggs right now, I know that isn't THAT bad, but there other things that I want to do and i'm also getting the idea that it doesn't want me to get any shinies in X and Y, or any shinies in general for that part, considering the two shinies that I have I both got several years ago, and haven't ran into any since, except for a shiny Poochyena that I couldn't catch at the beginning of Ruby version, so I guess i'm done hunting.

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I guess it's not really bad luck but has anyone noticed that the dark skinned player characters look terrible with hair colors that aren't black? irl my hair is dyed brownish red but in-game there isn't a red and all of the other hair colors look awful on my character. Gamefreak is not cool for failing to test to see if the specific hues work with each of the models.

Over the course of the last two weeks, I've encountered three different shinies. Not even through chain fishing, just out in the wild, doing their own thing. The whole time I've been out looking to fight Pokemon, I've had two level 100 Pokemon with Pickup in my party. Neither has picked up a single set of leftovers.

I don't even like shinies.

I did the RNG method for exactly 200 eggs without getting a random 31iv male. I subsequently gave up.

And another thing, though this is more my own carelessness than bad luck:
I accidentally erased a 6iv cacnea and 6iv phantump, one of them holding a power anklet, because i forgot to check the daycare before resetting my save.

Last edited:
Been trying to get a 5 IV Female Pinsir with these parents: 31/31/x/x/31/31 Pinsir(F) and 31/31/31/x/31/31 Scizor(M).

I'm on egg #I don't care anymore and I keep getting goddamn 31/31/x/x/31/31 Female Pinsirs.

RAGE!

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I don't understand why people are wasting so much time breeding normally for shinies???
Destiny Knot + Everstone + friend safari 2 IVs means that getting Pokemon with flawless IVs is a piece of cake. Even if your desired Pokemon isn't in the friend safari, just get a father that is (a: in the same egg group and b: can be found in the friend safari), get a 5IV father, and synchronize for the mother. Breeding to get flawless offspring is easy with PokeCheck support, and you can get a flawless shiny within a day - a couple hours if you're lucky.

The reasoning behind why people are breeding hundreds of eggs blindly with the Masuda method (lol) evades me. The only reason I can think of is trainer OTs, and that doesn't even matter that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)