Back to Basics Tournament - Standard OU - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to my Back to Basics Tournament!

Rules

Sleep Clause - You can only put one of your opponent to sleep a a time. If your opponent used Rest, it doesn't count. Effect Spore is also an exception.

Species Clause - No 2+ of the same Pokemon per team. Example: 2 Magikarps are on your team.

Hax Items Clause- No Bright Powder, Focus BAND, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, or Razor Claw.

Evasion Clause - No Double Team or Minimize.

OHKO Clause - No Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, or Fissure.

Self KO Clause - You cannot use Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Destiny Bond if you are down to your last Pokemon.

Soul Dew Clause - You cannot use the item Soul Dew.

Ubers are banned.

Rotom Formes are not allowed, Legal Hacks are not allowed.

Single Elimination.

=======================================

Previous Threads

Round One Thread
Round Two Thread
Round Three Thread

=======================================

Semi Finals Pairings

Supe vs. ZX93

Honchkrow vs. Tsunami

Deadline for the Semi Finals:
Tuesday, November 17, at 11:59 PM CST [GMT -6].
You have till the end of the day Tuesday to get your matches done.

Best of luck to everyone! Who will make it to the Finals?

I'm very interested in seeing the outcome of this. It seems that ZX and Supe are crowd favorites to win this. Do either of you have Platinum? If so, please upload it to the Vs. Recorder after the Tournament has ended.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Supe vs. ZX93-The Azzuri strikes again.

Honchkrow vs. Tsunami-Epic Bro.

I got everything right last time, hoping to do it again.

Since we're nearing the end of this, I'll open up prize donations one last time. Feel free to donate some pokemon if you wish.

Currently, we have the following as prizes:

Code:
Prizes: If you want to donate something, post on this thread.

I am offering a battle with me to go up on my YT channel.

-------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Donated by gregj92
poke no. 1. palkia - lustrous orb
timid - pressure
(hp/a/d/sa/sd/sp)
8/20/10/16/26/31
ut at the moment, but plan to add evs later
spacial rend/heal block/earth power/slash

poke no. 2. Flygon - Life Orb
naive - Levitate
(hp/a/d/sa/sd/sp)
30-31/31/10-11/3-4/4/31
32/252/8/0/0/216
dragon claw/eq/stone edge/Roost

---------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Donated by The Lost One
Shiny Chimchar
Naive - Blaze
30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70
UT
OR 1 Credit in thread

Shiny Rhyhorn
Adamant - Solid Rock
31/31/30/x/31/31
UT
Megahorn
OR 1 credit in thread

Vaporeon
Bold - Water Absorb
30/18/30/31/31/30 HP Electric 70
188 HP/252 Def/70 SpA
Surf/Ice Beam/Wish/Yawn
OR 1 credit in thread

ZX will win this all, none of the top dogs were meant to win this and felt the wrath of the hax gods **cough tds cough blakblastoise cough** Supe is soon to follow

I'm here but supe is online only at 1\2\3 am in america and at these hour I'm at school...so...I told at he if we can battle today but he wasn't on-line....

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Haha, I just now noticed that this is up. I just figured the next round would start on Monday just like last time. I'll try to get the battle done asap. ZX93 and I have traded several times in the past so I'm sure it wont be a problem. I'll send him a PM and try to arrange a specific time.

Supe

We've been PMing each other back and forth. Doesn't seem like it's possible to get this done on a weekday. There's a 9 hour time difference. It's 3am for him when I get home from work. When he gets home it's 7am for me and I leave for work at 7:15. I wish someone had told me that the previous round was cut short. I wasn't expecting this round to start until the end of the day today.

What do you suggest we do?

Just wait until Wednesday... Anything else would be rather silly. I'm pretty sure that supe and Zx93 are willing to wait a couple more days to get to battle.

Since we're so close to the end, I don't want to DQ either of you.

And since this is the battle this round, I'll wait for you to get the battle done. I'll extend the deadline to Saturday at 11:59 PM CST.

As for someone letting you know the next round started, you should've kept up to date with the progress. If all battles are done early, I'm not going to wait till the deadline I set is here, I'm going to start the next round. Also, ZX93 should have contacted you (as I assumed he did since he has posted here) asking when you could battle.

Supe

I completely concede that I should have kept a closer eye on the progress of of the previous round, all I was saying is that a friendly heads up would have been nice seeing as how there's so few of us left. Also, I went back and re-read ZX's post. He did not contact me on the day he posted. I did not find out about the semis until this morning at around 1am.

All that said, thank you for extending it till the weekend. I definitely want the chance to actually get the battle done, and I'm sure ZX feels the same. I will be available pretty much all day on Saturday, so it will not be a problem on my end. I'll go PM ZX now to see if we can set up a precise time on Sat.

Supe

It's nice to see that ZX posted in here. He hasn't responded to my PMs. I just sent him another one asking for a specific time tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)