SV OU AV pex ft. double hex. How can I improve (Peak 1608, my personal best so far this gen)

Making this kinda quick. Ive reached my highest peak in gen 9 ou and wanna see how I can go higher. Not doing proof of peak unless people want it but I did hit 1608. I have a screenshot im just lazy to upload and I just want feedback.

:Toxapex: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Infestation

AV pex is the special wall of the team. Does a great job at checking opposing special attackers such as valiant, and wake. Its a pretty standard AV set. Tera fighting was originally for ground type matchups but I honestly barely ever use it, I think there may be other tera types it can benefit more from. the AV set helps it from just being a dead weight against offensive pokemon. It's attacks are all very helpful and used a lot on this mon.

:Kingambit: @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Kingambit is a great cleaner for the team and can really pull through in the clutch, it also doubles as a meowscarada switch in if they aren't running a fighting move. Left overs is given for longevitiy, And the rest of the set is a pretty standard damaging set with swords dance to help boost its attack even further. Tera fire is used to counter will-o but will-o honestly hasnt been much of a problem, im wondering if I should switch to tera flying to deal better with great tusk. This is another mon where I barely ever use the tera on it.

:Great Tusk: @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Tusk is just tusk. It is the rocker for the team, keeps me from losing to opposing king gambits, it also doubles and a hazard remover. It is a great utility mon in geneeral and a essential part of this team. Tera water is helpful in in certain matchups for its defensive capabilities, it can help tusk shrug off super effective attacks, it is another one that can be changed though if needeed because flower trick can be a bit of a problem if skeledirge gets too low.

:Iron Valiant: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Iron Valiant is the main wall breaker for the team. its actually insane how it's specs set can shred through so many opposing teams. Tera fairy is used to boost moon blast's damage even further, Psyshock is used to catch opposing clodsire off guard but can also be used for toxapex. I almost never use thunderbolt, and maybe I should switch it out for something like trick? It is really only there for corviknight in a pinch because skeledirge is my main way of dealing with corviknight currently. shadowball is also very useful for ghost weak threats such as gholdengo.

:Skeledirge: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Torch Song
- Slack Off

Skeledirge is a vital defensive mon for the squad it uses will-o-wisp to shut down a large portion of opposing physical attackers. this mon was originally dondozo but it was switched to dirge because it serves the same purpose but also can help with volcarona which can otherwise be scary for the team to deal with. tera fairy is used as a good defensive type and it use it in a lot of games to help deal with threats such as roaring moon.

:Dragapult: @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute

dragapult is another really good breaker for the team. I often usually lead with either iron valiant or dragapult, just depending on which mon has. better immediate offensive matchup. its a pretty standard sub set. leftovers for recovery, sub to protect it from status, predicting switch outs, and punishing mons that cant break the sub such as toxapex or amoongus. dragon darts and hex act as coverage for it ands hex is great for crippling physical attackers.

Threats to team team:
Gholdengo. Gholdengo is very tough to deal with, I dont switch into it. scarf is a bit easier to manage but nasty plot is very hard because i basically have to sack a pokemon then switch to pult or tusk, and it can still tear me apart with a well timed tera.

Loaded dice baxcalibur, although a bit more rare, it is almost an auto win as it is immune to will-o-wisp.

Psychic type attackers. Psychic mons/psy spam can really tear this team apart. I have kinggambit as a psychic immunity but most mons get fire coverage and those that dont can run a fighting tera blast.

There are some other weaknesses but these are the main ones

Nice team but might I make some suggestions..?

~Hard Suggestions~

:skeledirge: --> :corviknight:

Simply put, Dirge doesn't do much. You already have dragapult as a wisp breaker, and tusk is a great defensive option. Corv does two things better than Dirge does, namely a defensive wall and ground immunity. Right now you are seriously weak to flying, ground, psychic, and fairy and having Corv takes care of all of this while still acting as that defense that Dirge was.

Flappy (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet/ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- U-turn/ bulk up
- Roost

Corve also helps with your Bax issue for the most part.

~Soft Suggestions~

Everything else is a 'take it or leave it' and changes that I see working the best for your team.

:toxapex:
I get that AV pex is a good Spd wall, but I have never been a fan. I think that AV pex completely underutilizes what pex can really do and for that reason, I think you should switch up its moves and spread.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Chilling Water
- Baneful Bunker
- Infestation/ toxic
- Haze/ toxic spikes

First off, tera dark gives you a nice immunity to psychic moves namely psyshock and stored power. That combined with haze helps remove some nasty OU setters. Black sludge gives you some residual HP back, chilling water helps cripple incoming Def mons for you, baneful bunker helps recover HP and scout for moves/ fish for poisons, while infestation deals consistent damage, and tspikes can be really good late game once their hazard remover has been taken out. I would play around with the moves to find a combo that works for you, but I think this style of pe will work best.

:great tusk:
With Corv in play as a great defensive mon, Tusk can play out a little more physically. I think a 252HP 252Atk 4Spe Adamant Tusk will really help add more physical prowess to your team while still staying bulky. I would even consider swapping knock off for close combat to give yourself more coverage.

:iron Valiant:
thunderbolt --> trick

A way to cripple opposing mons and remove your specs if needed will 100% come in handy the more you play. It's not necessary, but I think you'll find it super valuable.

~

The team is super solid, and I hope you find that this help truly does help you.
Good Luck! :mad:

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Interesting build. So right off the bat, you're quite weak to Tusk since you don't have a Ground immune. I think theres a few ways to take this build but they involve removing one of your offensive mons (Gambit / Pult / Valiant) to patch up defensive issues. If you want to keep the Gambit / Pult core I think this RMT is one of the more optimal ways to take it. However, to take a different direction I'll keep Pult and Valiant and work from there.

My first suggestion would be to replace Gambit with a Corviknight. As others suggested, Corv gives you a much needed Ground-immune, U-Turn support and still checks Meow as Gambit did. Next, I suggest replacing Pex with AV Azumarill. Azumarill gives you fantastic role compression checking Bax, Moon, Gholdengo, and Pult while still having quite a bit of offensive firepower. For more minor changes, I recommend runnning 252 HP / 204+ Def / 52 Spe on Tusk for some Speed creep and also outspeed upto Jolly Chomp after a spin.

Tl;dr

:Kingambit: -> Phys Def :Corviknight:

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

:Toxapex: -> AV :Azumarill:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Spinner

:Great Tusk: -> Run 52 Speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)