BSS Attacker Primarina (QC 2/1) (GP 0/1)

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
despite my avatar being meows on ps, my favorite mon is primarina

[SET]
Little Mermaid (Primarina) @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire / Poison / Water
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic Noise / Energy Ball
- Aqua Jet / Flip Turn
[SET COMMENTS]
* With its great bulk, power, and typing, Primarina is a fantastic offensive and defensive presence in the BSS metagame.

* **Sparkling Aria**: Sparkling Aria allows Primarina to get around Substitute attempts from foes like Garganacl that might try to stall out Moonblast.

* **Psychic Noise**: Psychic Noise can allow Primarina to potentially muscle through walls such as Toxapex by preventing them from healing off its attacks. Additionally, it allows Primarina to better stand up to Ogerpon formes running Horn Leech as their Grass-type STAB move.

* **Energy Ball** Energy Ball provides Primarina with coverage to hit other Water-types, being particularly useful against Ogerpon-W and other Primarina.

* **Aqua Jet**: Aqua Jet can allow Primarina to finish off weakened foes that might otherwise outspeed it, notably allowing Assault Vest variants to more consistently win the Flutter Mane matchup.

* **Flip Turn**: Flip Turn allows Primarina to scout switches and provide safe entry for its teammates.

Other Options
==========
* **Perish Song**: If utilizing Choice Specs, Perish Song can allow Primarina to pressure foes that might otherwise wall it and disrupt attempts at Baton Pass use.

* **Tera Blast**: If using Tera Fire, Tera Blast grants Primarina coverage to hit opposing Grass-types such as Serperior.
Items
==========
* **Assault Vest**: Assault Vest accentuates Primarina’s excellent special bulk, allowing it to more effectively trade hits with threats such as Flutter Mane.

* **Choice Specs**: Choice Specs allows Primarina to more effectively leverage its fantastic STAB combination, turning it into a shockingly powerful wallbreaker.

EV Spreads
==========
* **180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe with Modest** This spread maximizes power and bulk while allowing Primarina to keep pace with uninvested base 70 Pokemon like Wo-Chien.

Tera Types
==========
* **Tera Dependancy - Low**: Primarina’s incredible base typing allows it to go head to head with many prominent metagame threats without needing to Terastallize.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants Primarina important Grass, Fairy, and Steel resistances while maintaining its all important Ice resistance.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison allows Primarina to deny Toxic attempts from the likes of Toxapex and Gliscor while still granting it a Fairy resistance.

* **Water**: Tera Water grants an extra boost to Sparkling Aria while remaining a good defensive typing.

Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/thick-fat-azumarill.330577/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/autumn.384270/

Last edited:

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
No mention of Liquid Voice? The usage stats show that almost 30% of them used it last season, not a small number.

Other than that this looks solid to me, QC Approved!

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I only got two tiny nitpicks: I think you should mention that Psychic Noise blocks Ogerpon's Horn Leech. It's not a perfect way to mess with it since a couple run Power Whip SPECIFICALLY for this reason, but it can absolutely be a game-winning upset if you time it right!

Also, for Aqua Jet, I'd mention its best on the Assault Vest set, because it makes checking Flutter Mane a lot easier because two Moonblasts will usually put it into Aqua Jet KO range.

Otherwise this looks good to me, QC Approved 2/1!

* **180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe with Modest** This spread maximizes power and bulk while allowing Primarina to keep pace with uninvested base 70 Pokemon like Wo-Chien.

You need 84 evs in speed, otherwise you are tying in speed with Wochien with 0 speed evs. If I want to outspeed Wochien 92 evs or 100 evs are the ideal for speed creeps (wochien can run 4 speed evs and is tying with 84 speed primarina).

In my opinion I prefer 4, 12 or 20 evs in speed for this set, but that's my preference. Even less speed (low speed ivs) if you run flip turn.

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

You need 84 evs in speed, otherwise you are tying in speed with Wochien with 0 speed evs. If I want to outspeed Wochien 92 evs or 100 evs are the ideal for speed creeps (wochien can run 4 speed evs and is tying with 84 speed primarina).

In my opinion I prefer 4, 12 or 20 evs in speed for this set, but that's my preference. Even less speed (low speed ivs) if you run flip turn.
Keep pace means it ties with them. Thats why I specifically chose that phrase.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done
[SET]
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet / Flip Turn

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its great bulk, power, and typing, Primarina is a fantastic offensive/defensive offensive and defensive presence in the BSS metagame.

* **Sparkling Aria**: Sparkling Aria allows Primarina to get around Substitute attempts from foes like Garganacl that might try to stall out Moonblast.

* **Psychic Noise**: Psychic Noise can allow Primarina to potentially muscle through walls such as Toxapex by preventing them from healing off its attacks. Additionally, it allows Primarina to better stand up to Ogerpon (do you only mean the pure grass one here? if no, say 'Ogerpon formes' to mean all) running Horn Leech as their Grass STAB Grass-type STAB move.

* **Energy Ball** Energy Ball provides Primarina with coverage on to hit other Water-Types Water-types, being particularly useful against Ogerpon-W and other Primarina.

* **Aqua Jet**: Aqua Jet can allow Primarina to finish off weakened foes that might otherwise outspeed it, notably allowing Assault Vest variants to more consistently win the Flutter Mane matchup.

* **Flip Turn**: Flip Turn allows Primarina to scout switches and provide safe entry for its teammates.

Other Options
==========
* **Perish Song**: If utilizing Choice Specs, Perish Song can allow Primarina to pressure foes that might otherwise wall it and disrupt attempts at Baton Pass use.

* **Tera Blast**: If using Tera Fire, Tera Blast grants Primarina coverage on to hit opposing Grass-types such as Serperior.

Items
=========
* **Assault Vest**: Assault Vest accentuates Primarina’s excellent Special special bulk, allowing it to more effectively trade hits with threats such as Flutter Mane.

* **Choice Specs**: Choice Specs allows Primarina to more effectively leverage its fantastic STAB combination, turning it into a shockingly powerful wallbreaker.

EV Spreads
==========

Tera Types
==========
* **Tera Dependancy - Low**: Primarina’s incredible base typing allows it to go head to head with many prominent metagame threats without needing to Terastallize.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants Primarina important Grass-, Fairy-, and Steel-type Grass, Fairy, and Steel resistances while maintaining its all important Ice resistance.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison allows Primarina to deny Toxic attempts from the likes of Toxapex and Gliscor while still granting it a Fairy resistance.

* **Water**: Tera Water grants an extra boost to Sparkling Aria while remaining a good defensive typing.

Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Last edited:

DerpySuX

1/1 GP Team done
[SET]
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet / Flip Turn

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its great bulk, power, and typing, Primarina is a fantastic offensive/defensive offensive and defensive presence in the BSS metagame.

* **Psychic Noise**: Psychic Noise can allow Primarina to potentially muscle through walls such as Toxapex by preventing them from healing off its attacks. Additionally, it allows Primarina to better stand up to Ogerpon (do you only mean the pure grass one here? if no, say 'Ogerpon formes' to mean all) running Horn Leech as their Grass STAB Grass-type STAB move.

* **Energy Ball** Energy Ball provides Primarina with coverage on to hit other Water-Types Water-types, being particularly useful against Ogerpon-W and other Primarina.

Other Options
==========

* **Tera Blast**: If using Tera Fire, Tera Blast grants Primarina coverage on to hit opposing Grass-types such as Serperior.

Items
=========
* **Assault Vest**: Assault Vest accentuates Primarina’s excellent Special special bulk, allowing it to more effectively trade hits with threats such as Flutter Mane.

EV Spreads
==========

Tera Types
==========

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants Primarina important Grass-, Fairy-, and Steel-type Grass, Fairy, and Steel resistances while maintaining its all important Ice resistance.

Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
this is implemented! Will upload shortly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)