Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
nereid24 said:
When will the new Viable Move List become available ?
Not really sure on a date but I think it will happen when most of the pokemon are put in their respective tier.

Also I'm guessing by move list you mean moveset?

1) is there an option to use older sprites (GSC sprites for Gen 2 battling for example)?
2) Newer generations changed the base power of moves (Hidden Power for example going to 60 from 70).... The damage being done in say a Gen 4 battle is 70 BP, correct?

Thanks for your time guys

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
1) is there an option to use older sprites (GSC sprites for Gen 2 battling for example)?
2) Newer generations changed the base power of moves (Hidden Power for example going to 60 from 70).... The damage being done in say a Gen 4 battle is 70 BP, correct?

Thanks for your time guys
1) Not yet
2) Yes, it's just the client displaying gen 6 info instead of gen 4. Similar things occur in pet mods.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
No idea where to post this, but on showdown's damage calculator, would it be possible for it to show the four most used attacking moves by default instead of a bunch of blank slots where status moves would normally be?

Just a question for the teambuilder. I updated my Ipad to ios7 and now my teams won't save? Has anybody else encountered this problem and somehow fixed it.

At teambuilder it says that it hit my browsers storage limit, this never happened on my ios6

Just a question for the teambuilder. I updated my Ipad to ios7 and now my teams won't save? Has anybody else encountered this problem and somehow fixed it.

At teambuilder it says that it hit my browsers storage limit, this never happened on my ios6
That is probably a problem with IOS 7 since it doesn't really happen on any other OS's. Also have you checked that your browser isn't on private setting because if it is it wont save your cookies and your teams are stored there.

No idea where to post this, but on showdown's damage calculator, would it be possible for it to show the four most used attacking moves by default instead of a bunch of blank slots where status moves would normally be?
sure, just when your selecting a pokemon choose the 'usage' set on not the blank set, the usage set shows you the most popular set on a certain pokemon.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
sure, just when your selecting a pokemon choose the 'usage' set on not the blank set, the usage set shows you the most popular set on a certain pokemon.
I know that. But if status moves like toxic, swords dance, etc are part of that "most popular" set, they just show up as "No Move" on the calculator making them useless.
I think it would be better if it showed the four most popular non-status moves since those are the only ones you care about when doing calcs.

Transmuter

Banned deucer.
I know that. But if status moves like toxic, swords dance, etc are part of that "most popular" set, they just show up as "No Move" on the calculator making them useless.
I think it would be better if it showed the four most popular non-status moves since those are the only ones you care about when doing calcs.
idk what exactly would be the use of that, but you can make a suggestion about it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/suggestions.3469608/

Hey, I have a question. SO, When i try to choose a name. Nothing happens. No messages just nothing. So basically im stuck as guest. Can anyone help with this?
most likely there is a problem with the server since it should work if you have done everything correctly. type /nick [username] and it should name you that unless the username is already taken in which case you'll get a notification of it. but if nothing happens then something is wrong

most likely there is a problem with the server since it should work if you have done everything correctly. type /nick [username] and it should name you that unless the username is already taken in which case you'll get a notification of it. but if nothing happens then something is wrong
my point exactly. As long as im a guest i cant access the chat :P Im tryin' to make my name exactly as follows-

DeepFried_Ho-oh

my point exactly. As long as im a guest i cant access the chat :P Im tryin' to make my name exactly as follows-

DeepFried_Ho-oh
that is strange because i just went on the server and i was able to nickname myself that exact name, if you'd like i could register the account and send you the password privately? it wouldnt explain the problem your having but it'd give you the username you want

that is strange because i just went on the server and i was able to nickname myself that exact name, if you'd like i could register the account and send you the password privately? it wouldnt explain the problem your having but it'd give you the username you want
I guess we could try that... Im not sure it would work though

EDIT: i went on the website and it logged me in to my old account? so..... i guess its working now but this is an on and off again kind of thing.... i searched google and no sufficient results

Transmuter

Banned deucer.
Hey, I have a question. SO, When i try to choose a name. Nothing happens. No messages just nothing. So basically im stuck as guest. Can anyone help with this?
This is a problem with the server,I think. It happens sometimes when the server overloads. It just happened to me yesterday, I would suggest to be patient and try again after some time :)

This is a problem with the server,I think. It happens sometimes when the server overloads. It just happened to me yesterday, I would suggest to be patient and try again after some time :)
Alrighty then. It seems i just catch the servers at bad times :P Although i dont have problems on the mobile device. Niether the browser based or the downloadable work on my PC and ive already tried clearing cookies.

Hi, I just installed Pokemon Showdown and I'm super new so I'm embarrassed to ask but can someone tell me the meanings of the abbreviations that's used there? Like, I know "gg" means good game and I presume "gl" means good luck. Is there any others I should know?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I just installed Pokemon Showdown and I'm super new so I'm embarrassed to ask but can someone tell me the meanings of the abbreviations that's used there? Like, I know "gg" means good game and I presume "gl" means good luck. Is there any others I should know?
GG is Good Game(said at end of match)
GL is Good luck (usually said before playing a match)
GLHF is Good luck and have fun (also said before playing a game)
WP is Well played (said at end of match)
IIRC is If I remember correctly(said in the chat a lot)

Pretty much all I see, feel free to ask if you see any more that you don't know the meaning of and Welcome to Showdown! :]

I've seen a couple attacks represented as just a white ball flying across or look very similar to other attacks. The most notable white ball I can remember is poison fang, which should be like the other fang attacks with a jump at the enemy and a colored bite animation. I can understand it wasn't a big deal last gen but with fairys being a part of the game, the attack's a little more common on Crobat. I think I've also seen Feather Dance (an anti sword dance, not that bad) do this but it could be there's no feather sprites to use for the debuff. Are there plans to improve these white ball animations where possible or include more particles to add variety to moves?

I have been playing some Challenge Cup 1v1 lately, and I've noticed that the ladder has become infested by bots. Any plans to get rid of them?

I have been playing some Challenge Cup 1v1 lately, and I've noticed that the ladder has become infested by bots. Any plans to get rid of them?
If you can program a bot to play pokemon, even if it's just 1v1, isn't that still playing? It's not like they're hacking the game for an advantage, they're just going in a certain move order w/o controlling the game directly. In something turn based like chess/pokemon bots are more of a handicap unless done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)