Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to ask another question, but when you say "actual" stats I still don't know if you mean the base stats or the total stats (base+EVs)

Is it Swadloons stats and move pool that make him not even viable in NU? I assumed any Pokemon could be in NU LOL!

Swadloon's typing, stats, and movepool are all against it. Bug/Grass is a piss-poor typing, everything on Swadloon but its' defenses are bad, and it's movepool is very shallow. Hell, with or without Eviolite, all anything really needs is a well-placed Overheat and Swadloon is a crispy blanket bug on a stick.

^ nice mental image Stall =_='

Anyway, here is my own question:

I know that SubSD Gliscor is still very common, but is the original AccroFling set still viable?

*sits around a fire, holding a crispy Swadloon on a stick* Want some~? :D

But seriously though, Swadloon's got a whole lot going against it, even in NU.

^ nice mental image Stall =_='

Anyway, here is my own question:

I know that SubSD Gliscor is still very common, but is the original AccroFling set still viable?
I've had a few people use it against me on PO's server, and it's never really done much. You can only Poison one Pokemon and that gets wasted if the Pokemon you use it on has Rest, Natural Cure, or is a Steel-type. Taunt and Protect are also generally better than Acrobatics when Poisoning things with Gliscor, meaning that there's no room for Acrobatics if you run Earthquake/Toxic (Fling)/Taunt/Protect.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
AcroFling is really a waste of a moveslot on Gliscor who already suffers from 4MSS enough, if you want to run Acrobatics just run a Sand Veil with Flying Gem (or even a poison heal i guess and try to predict a toxic). acrofling was basically the product of technician breloom hype before people realized that sand veil is still a very usable ability

also it's not that we only allow "deep" discussions from "well-known" users, aim2game. If that was true, I'd never have made any threads. It was just clear from the start that discussing a Pokemon as blatantly shitty as Swadloon would go nowhere fast, like the Derpfish discussion thread in the pre-Molk era. It just turned into a hate-fest. When a mon is beaten by Beedrill you know it's worthless

EDIT: DakotaKnight, you can go to the Wifi forum found conveniently just a bit below this one and ask in their Simple Requests thread (think parallel to this one). However, you'll need to be more specific - list EVs, IVs and Natures for starters

Focus Energy, Rage, Toxic, Substitute. But to name a few messed up moves in Gen I. Rage was the worst of them all, IMO. If you missed Rage, the accuracy for your attacks went down to some impossibly low number like 0.5% or something.

i read the analysis for roselia. what do you guys think of switching over to a defense-boosting nature and maximizing defense instead. 252HP/252 Def. I mean, like this it would only be slightly less specially defensive than roserade. i see it useful against breloom and many fighting types.

Pwnemon already uses this with success i believe

Jle I suggest you stop hating before you have a horde of angry smogon users on you some of which may have infraction powers

And to make this post not a waste: my Defensive Roserade (you read that right)

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Toxic Spikes
-Sleep Powder
-Rest
-Giga Drain

Before you try and ask what possessed me to run a bulky mon with fully invested 60/55 defenses: I don't know. But now that I've pioneered this set, it's one my team couldn't live without. What makes Roserade amazing is its carefully crafted move pool in combination with its ability and stellar defensive typing. Grass/poison resists Electric and Water and Grass, while being neutral to Rock, Bug, Ground, and Steel. That means that it's a full stop to rotom-W, but the real beauty is that it's impossible to OHKO by a combination of Volt Switch + ScarfLando/BandZor. So in theory Rosey hard counters VolTurn, and in practice he does absorb the nasty tspikes

In reality of course that's not true. That's why it has Natural Cure + Rest. I can't tell you how many people have gone for a 3 or 4hko while I spike up only to Rest in their face. It makes me tear up every time. It's that beautiful

If only Roserade had a bit more defense...

Long time lurker first time poster!

Is there a ghost that can survive 2 (perfectly predicted) attacks from

Starmie@Life Orb
Timid
252SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

AND retaliate with a ohko? (or survive 3 attacks and 2hko, etc)

I feel there's no good spin blockers that can handle starmie

haunter

Banned deucer.
Calm max HP\SpD Jellicent is never 2hko'd by thunderbolt with SR and leftovers factored in but it can't ohko in return with shadow ball (66,41% - 79,01%) so you'd have to wait that life orb recoil brings Starmie in the ko range before attempting to kill it. Jelli has access to recover so it's techincally feasible unless you get crits of para hax.

Answer from a previous page that raises another question:

The biggest difference between the two metagames are that Nintendo bans all event Pokemon (like Mew and Jirachi) and allows things like Garchomp, Speed Boost Blaziken, and combinations of egg moves that would normally be illegal (Hypnosis+Brave Bird Crobat, Belly Drum+Aqua Jet Azumarill, Sleep Powder+Spikes Roserade, etc.)
So Nintendo checks for hacked Pokemon and does not allow their use in tournaments, but allows pokemon with movesets that are impossible to obtain without hacking?

Is my analysis correct? If so, why are they even bothering checking if they allow hacks in anyway?

If I breed a male pokemon that has egg moves with Ditto, the baby won't have the egg moves, right?
Thanks in advance
Right. No idea why this wasn't answered

Is Selfdestruct still good on Choice Scarf Wailord?
Explaining a bit more, Wailord really has no valuable niche this generation, also, Selfdestruct and Explosion were nerfed this generation so now it is much weaker than before

How good is toxicroak? because it had a huge load of hype in the begining and now it is used less than some UUs, why?
Toxicroak's great on Rain teams, but doesn't have much use outside of that. Terrakion is much better on non-Rain teams due to its higher Atk and Spe and STAB Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Is Poison generally seen as solid typing defensively? Also, does Gengar benefit anything from it's Poison-typing? Is Sludge Bomb of any use? It's Gengar's most powerful move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)