Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that when you're breeding, certain gender can't pass certain IV's. Is that true, and if yes, what IV's cannot be passen by male and female?

Timid Mismagius (base speed 105) vs. Jolly Garchomp (base speed 102). Let's assume 255 Speed EVs for both.

What IV for Speed does Mismagius need to be guaranteed faster than Garchomp with 31 Speed IV?
There is a six point difference in their max speed stats (Garchomp:333, Mismagius:339), so Mismagius would need a minimum of 26 (giving Mismagius 334).

What IV's will give you a HP Fighting 70?
For max base power (70) hidden power FIGHTING, besides getting even defense, you will need the exact IVs of HP, attack and defense to be one of these:
31/30, 27/26, 23/22, 19/18, 15/14, 11/10, 7/6, 3/2

Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense all need to be 30.

A bulky water is any Water Type used defensively, named as such because of the sheer abundance of them. Milotic and Suicune are most likely the most common ones.

What is Bulky Water? Like a definition, and what are some of the commonly used Bulky Waters.
Bulky waters are defensive water types such as vaporeon, milotic, suicune etc. They can usually take hits well and have recovery options. Some good examples to look at are:
Vaporeon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21219&highlight=vaporeon

Suicune: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20962&highlight=suicune

Lapras: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20742&highlight=lapras

Slowbro: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20747&highlight=slowbro

For eruption is the damage dealt higher if the pokemon has a total higher hp? Like one typhlosion has 300 hp and the other has 336 hp and both are at full health, would the one wit h336 hp deal more damage?

For eruption is the damage dealt higher if the pokemon has a total higher hp? Like one typhlosion has 300 hp and the other has 336 hp and both are at full health, would the one wit h336 hp deal more damage?
Eruption is based on percentage, not sheer numbers. If both Pokemon were at Max HP, Eruption's power would be the same.

Question - when I try and teach Salamence draco meteor (via the DP tutor) she says "it doesn't trust me enough" or something along those lines. How do I rectify this situation? Thanks.

I can't log onto the GTS. It keeps saying "You were disconnected from the GTS. Returning to reception counter." Now, I was trying to clone a Ditto and reset a little too late- is this why? Has this happened to anyone else?

Nevermind, it just worked. Thank God, that's a good ditto. >_>

Hi, I was wondering about shiny pokemon...I heard there was a way to hunt for them, using the pokeradar. If someone could point me to a thread explaining this, or if someone could explain it I would be very grateful. Thank you.

You know you've found a shiny if the grass that rustles sparkles (not like the white stuff, but actual sparkles like when a shiny comes out of the ball). It doesnt increase the chances of you getting a shiny, it just lets you know that you should really go for that patch of grass.

Californication, your teddiursa might get quick feet when it evolves. This is because your teddiursa might have the hidden value for quick feet (2, vs 1 which will give it guts), and that will effect what ability it will get when it evolves. Evolving in emerald will assure that it has guts.

K, I have a Torchic with current evs: 4/100/0/0/0/102. If I want to get it's attack to 248, and it's speed to 252, then I have to

Fight Andrew with Power brace 3 times. Then kill one shinx with a macho brace.
Fight Andrew with Power Ankle 2 times. Then kill one starly with a macho brace.

I just need someone else to confirm that I'm right, because I've messed up before when trying to get the evs right, and it sucks having to go back and redo it.

Well, errr... If I think I created a moveset, where do I post it on smogon o.o;
First and foremost go look up the Pokemon you've made the moveset for in the D/P Analysis index. If you don't see even the slightest mention of your set, then proceed to thoroughly think over as to why you believe it's worth mentioning.

After that, if you still truly believe it deserves some mention then make a thread here in the Stark Mountain forum. Just brace yourself for criticism and please please PLEASE don't give the moveset some tacky name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)