Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly does "Me-first" work? I know it kind of counters enemy move with 1.5 power, but how exactly? So, let's say, if pokemon A uses earthquake on pokemon B and would score 100 damage, and pokemon B uses me first what would happen:

1. Pokemon B uses 150 BP earthquake, using attack stat of the enemy
2. Pokemon B uses 150 BP earthquake
3. Pokemon B uses earthquake that will do exactly 150 damage

When talking about accuracy in RBY, I often hear people talking about 99.6% accuracy. What's the deal with that?
When a move claims to be 100% accurate, it's actually 99.6% so it is possible for you to miss (albeit rarely). In the games programming 100% accuracy means the move never misses (such as swift etc). Which is why if the moves geniunely were 100% accurate there would be no point in having accuracy and evasion stat buffs.

When talking about accuracy in RBY, I often hear people talking about 99.6% accuracy. What's the deal with that?
There is a guide by Hipno (Hipmonlee) that explains the odd programming bugs in RBY, including the 99.6% accuracy one as well, and the weird fact that Focus Energy actually lowers your chance of getting a critical hit. The site isn't up so you can't see it yet, but it will be up soon. Note that the 99.6% accuracy only exists in RBY, not in any of the other games.

Mastadi, scenario two is what would happen from what I remember. You go first attacking with their own move they selected with 1.5x the base power using your own attacking stat

I am doing some Calculations on Tyranitar and I need some information on the exact Sand Stream Special Defence boost.

It boost Special Defence by 1.5X, correct?

But What types does it boost? Does every Pokemon with Typings Immune to Sand Storm get the boost, say like Forretress and Garchomp? Or do only Rock Types like Tyranitar and Cradily get the boost?

Help would be aprreciated,as I plan to go in depth in a Possible new Moveset for Tyranitar, but I don't want to give EVs and Moveset saying it works, I need some proff with Calculations, but some of the pokemon I am running calculations on are immune to Sand Stream, so I need to know what to boost and What not to boost. Thanks in Advance, sorry if that was a little wordy >_>

How do I breed to get a FEAR Rattata? Both Serebii and Veekun's Pokedex list Endeavour and Quick Attack as not being egg moves.

But What types does it boost? Does every Pokemon with Typings Immune to Sand Storm get the boost, say like Forretress and Garchomp? Or do only Rock Types like Tyranitar and Cradily get the boost?
Only pokemon that are Rock type - not Ground - get the boost. eg; TTar does but Gligar doesn't.

The accuracy then was out of 256 rather than out of 100. The highest accuracy was 255 out of 256, or 99.6%

timw06: that's because they are level up moves. you need to level up a male rattata to level 34 to get both moves, and then breed with a female rattata or ditto to get a L1 Rattata with those moves.

How do I breed to get a FEAR Rattata? Both Serebii and Veekun's Pokedex list Endeavour and Quick Attack as not being egg moves.

Only pokemon that are Rock type - not Ground - get the boost. eg; TTar does but Gligar doesn't.
Oh, okay, thanks. Now i need to write down some stats and do calculatations for my New set =p

If you bred male and female Nidoran or their respective evolved forms together, would the offspring always be female Nidoran or would there be a chance of getting males?

where do you get hetran in stark mountain. The guy took the magma stone and left and i went through the whole mountain and cant find it. Same with Gible i was in the cave where its supposed to be on the pokedex and i cant find it. Ive spent over 3 hrs looking for one. Can some one help me out?

where do you get hetran in stark mountain. The guy took the magma stone and left and i went through the whole mountain and cant find it. Same with Gible i was in the cave where its supposed to be on the pokedex and i cant find it. Ive spent over 3 hrs looking for one. Can some one help me out?
IIRC you have to go to the Survival Area; The guy who took the stone will be in a house there. Talk to him, and then go back to the room where he found the stone inside Stark Mountain and Heatran will be waiting for you.

Gible's are only found in a hidden secret entrance of the cave; you can find it directly under Cycling Road.

Does subtitute stop roar/whirlwhind?

I'm trying to put together a gimmicky bp team, but after setting up a few times i usually get whirwinded.

EDIT: It doesn't

When you recover from Pokerus (Smiley face). Do you still get the added effects or not. (About to EV train a Gallade with the face.)

What item should my Dusknoir hold?

Dusknoir @
EVs in Atk, Def, SpDef
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp
- Ice Punch

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How exactly does "Me-first" work? I know it kind of counters enemy move with 1.5 power, but how exactly? So, let's say, if pokemon A uses earthquake on pokemon B and would score 100 damage, and pokemon B uses me first what would happen:

You use Earthquake like regular, using your own attack stat. It calculates damage normally. Then it multiplies this damage by 1.5 (same as Life Orb multiplies by 1.3 at the end).

Well, it's technically 99.609375% (255/256). This is an "off-by-one" error in the coding. This applies to all RBY moves that are supposed to have 100% accuracy, including Swift.

You don't. Not because it's impossible, but because it's horrible. Phanpy is superior if you have Sand Stream (and you should, or anything with Leftovers will stop you), and Smeargle is superior always (because you can use Spore, possibly Trick Room, you can Dragon Rage to guarantee anything but Blissey is KOed after Leftovers, etc.). That being said, if you really want to use an inferior Pokemon because some unimaginative person stopped at Rattata, I believe the method would be to breed two Rattata / Raticate that know the moves you want.
When you recover from Pokerus (Smiley face). Do you still get the added effects or not. (About to EV train a Gallade with the face.)
Yes. All that you lose is the ability to infect other Pokemon.

Well, it seems I fucked up my EV training last night >_>

I forgot to give my 10 HP and 10 Atk vitamins to Metagross, and I just now realized it.

But he's already at level 100. Is there any way to add EVs to a level 100 Pokemon? I remember someone saying you could put them in the PC or something like that. But exactly how does that work?

Or am I royally screwed?

Does Rock Blast still get blocked from KOing with Focus Sash?
Does Focus Sash protect against OHKOs?
Destiny Bond?

Anyone know a guide to finding feebas other then just fishing in every single tile? if u do could u give me the link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)