Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this site, what are 'Standard Clauses'

I know all the clauses, but some sites have their own type of 'Standard Clauses'

Specifically, is Item Clause part of the Standard Clauses here?
From what I see, even when its Standard Clauses people just assumingly ignore item clause.
So what's the policy here?

They changed it. In fact, they made it so it won't work at all over Wifi, even between two Japanese games. It sucks. I didn't find this out until my CS Pursuit Hera got pwned.
Well that sucks. Thanks for the information. Now the question becomes, what should my Slaking's fourth move be? So far it looks like:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant, 4HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD
-Return
-EQ
-Shadow Claw

And for the last move, what would be more useful? Focus punch to hit the counter hard on the switch, or Pursuit to kill the thing trying to run away, or Fury Swipes to hit through those Subs? Don't suggest Fire Punch or Thunderpunch, as I don't have access to those Emerald Move Tutor moves.

Currently, I'm leaning towards Pursuit.

For this site, what are 'Standard Clauses'

I know all the clauses, but some sites have their own type of 'Standard Clauses'

Specifically, is Item Clause part of the Standard Clauses here?
From what I see, even when its Standard Clauses people just assumingly ignore item clause.
So what's the policy here?
Sleep, Freeze, Self KO, Species
6v6 No Ubers
OHKO and Evasion is looked down upon (don't use them)
That's it IIRC

Slowpoke does learn Slack Off. >_>
Well, that was embarrassing. Could've sworn it wasn't on the list. However, I'd still like to know: If a Pokemon's evolution can learn a certain TM, but the form that'll come out of the egg doesn't, can it still be passed on, or not? I'm guessing no, but just in case... (e.g. Wooper can't learn Focus Punch, Quagsire can.)

Well, that was embarrassing. Could've sworn it wasn't on the list. However, I'd still like to know: If a Pokemon's evolution can learn a certain TM, but the form that'll come out of the egg doesn't, can it still be passed on, or not? I'm guessing no, but just in case... (e.g. Wooper can't learn Focus Punch, Quagsire can.)
No, otherwise all of the Eeveelutions would have gigantic movepools.

^I don't think so, as you're not technically encountering the pokemon.

My question which never got answered: Does anyone know the real stats for the poffin the guy in the contest hall gives you?

This may seem like a really nonsensical question (yeah, that`s a word.)
Can gengar and Duskclops breed? I have a male dclops and a female gengar in the breeding center and its taking them forever to have any kids. I want to get a good duskkull, if anyone can provide any help at all on this it would much appreciated.
The baby's species is based on the female, so you'll be hatching Gastlys. Just so you know =)

Yucky Spitooie said:
If no competitor, is there some kind of irc out?
No. If there were, there'd be more people talking about it.

when breeding and soft resetting (so you get same trait/nature different Iv's)

how do you check the Iv's?

you cant use rare candies, cuz if it is a keeper, you just wasted all your candies. and a iv battle saves the game, so how do you do it??

In D/P does anyone know where leftovers is? If you do please give me specific directions, I am very bad with vague ones.

What is the best nature for a tank Dusknoir?

anyone attempting to answer my previous post, please ignore that absolute stupidity embodied by the first question, I just found the leftovers. However the question on the dusknoir still stands.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
In D/P does anyone know where leftovers is? If you do please give me specific directions, I am very bad with vague ones.

What is the best nature for a tank Dusknoir?
It's rarely picked up after battle by Pokémon with the Pick-Up ability that are level 80+.

I'm trying to HP train my Togepi with the Power Weight against the Bidoof trainer, but it's only at level 1, can I send it out, swap it with another Pokemon, kill the bidoof with the new Pokemon, repeat for all the Bidoofs, and still get the same amount of EPs for Togepi? How many EPs would they both get?

If your togepi is the one holding the power weight, it will get 5 HP EV's from each bidoof, for a total of 25 per battle. The other pokemon (assuming it's not holding an EV item) will gain 1 HP EV for a total of 5 per battle.

you cant use rare candies, cuz if it is a keeper, you just wasted all your candies. and a iv battle saves the game, so how do you do it??
When you breed, you save the game, use your rare candies, and if it's not good, there's that nifty little choice called "release". For the legends, they're a high enough level that you can plug their stats directly into an IV calculator to get a pretty good estimate.

MinorthreaT-Dusknoir should be careful natured, but sassy is fine too.

I repeat my question on the stats of the poffin given to you by the guy in the contest hall.

characteristics, my friend, you need to learn all the 31 pt Characteristics :o from there, you are shooting in the dark if the parents can pass down more than 1 31, it was a predicament that i was encountering when breeding my tangelas.

both parents, *male tangela and ditto* had several 31's. The tangela had 31's in Def, Sp.def and Speed. the impish ditto had 31's in Attack, Defense, and Sp.Def.

When soft resetting on a tangela with the right nature from the evostone, i made sure that it had 6 sp.def at birth, instead of 5, meaning that it had at least a 20 IV, then if it had a characteristic like "Likes to thrash about" (31 Att) or "Capable of taking hits" (31 Def) instead of "Somewhat Vain" (31 Sp.Def) I knew almost 70% for certain that it had inherited at least the Sp.Defense and either the attack or the defense. I just kept on doing that till I had a repetoire of well IV'd Tangela.

http://guides.pldh.net/iv.shtml for a guide to the characteristics, *note: just because it "can" be 31 doesn't necessarily mean it IS 31, it could as easily mean that the highest stat is 26. same with the 30, it could be 25 :o, that being said, if you know for certain the parents' IVs, it can be quite simple to determine the child's IVs.

Oh, you might ask why I didn't use the father Tangela with triple 31's? It's HP IV was 2. -_-;

And that, was not a very simple answer at all.

When you breed, you save the game, use your rare candies, and if it's not good, there's that nifty little choice called "release". For the legends, they're a high enough level that you can plug their stats directly into an IV calculator to get a pretty good estimate.
He was asking how he could check the IVs without wasting rare candies, not how he can soft reset a bred egg. Because if in fact, he did rare candy and find out that the IVs were rather bad, he would just soft reset and receive the egg again, *with same nature and gender*. The issue at hand is, the IVs of said pokemon and being able to check if they're mediocre or not.

For early chains on chain breeding, where you are not certain if there will be any flawless, you should get a hang of just leaving an entire box open to get the pokemon with the correct nature and dump them there without checking IVs, then writing down all the IVs via rarecandy-SR (a very laborious process), and recording which one is decent enough to pass down to the next generation. if you find two that are oppositely gendered, that share a 31 *say in attack or speed* and have generally high *20+* stats, then you should breed those two (yes, pokemon siblings).

This is a question on Rivalry:

Say you use Luxray and it gets an Attack Boost due to Rivalry. If the opponent switches to a pokemon of the opposite gender, will that boost be lost?

It's rarely picked up after battle by Pokémon with the Pick-Up ability that are level 80+.

Leftovers Every turn, the holder *Held by wild Munchlax
(tabe no koshi) gains 1/16 of max HP. and Snorlax.
*Pickup (81-100).
*Victory Road - on the
way to route 224, you
can surf across the
first water you come to
(in the foggy area)
toward the right to find
this.
*Trade from Pokémon
Battle Revolution (7200
pts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)