Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

When I look in the Strategy Dex I see that it is suggested that Skarmory has the ability Keene Eye. Is it illegal to have Brave Bird and Whirlwind with Sturdy? Because Staraptor learns both and can pass them to Skarmory...

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
No, the reason that Skarmory has the ability Keen Eye is because Sturdy is of no use competitively, because the OHKO moves that it stops are banned. This way, it is at least possible, if unlikely, for its ability to have a positive affect.

wait, really? Why aren't evasion lowering moves banned? Is there any reason other than switching out remedies this? Even so, wouldn't that effectively force a switch?

Athenodoros

Yes, but there are easier ways to force a switch, and lowering accuracy is not a sure-fire way to make anything happen.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay, I'm looking for a NUMBER answer to this question. When a pokemon's stats are boosted by one stage, number wise, how much of an increase is that??

Okay, I'm looking for a NUMBER answer to this question. When a pokemon's stats are boosted by one stage, number wise, how much of an increase is that??
It's 1.5x whatever the stat was. So if you're starting stat was 200, the resulting stat would be:
200x1.5=300

Or if the starting stat was 300:
300x1.5=450

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
For the long version:

+6: 8/2 (400%)
+5: 7/2 (350%)
+4: 6/2 (300%)
+3: 5/2 (250%)
+2: 4/2 (200%)
+1: 3/2 (150%)
+0: 2/2 (100%)
-1: 2/3 (66%)
-2: 2/4 (50%)
-3: 2/5 (40%)
-4: 2/6 (33%)
-5: 2/7 (28%)
-6: 2/8 (25%)

Accuracy/evasion is the same except it's 3/3 at +0 and incrementing appropriately.

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but now that Pokemon Lab supports 2v2, are there plans in the works to come up with Double Battle tiers?

Also: Pokemon Lab and Shoddy Battle 2 are the same thing, right?

This is probably not common knowledge, but I´ll give it a try. Got a few wifieventpokes in my 1.0 jap pearl.
Was kinda speedrunning the game and wanted to skip the E4 with the surfglitch, so I could start preparing for my White to arrive, got stuck, can't escape by fly or escape rod, tried the underground kit which didn't help in any way.

Started to think that the patch might get me from the area(wishful thinking) but wonder if the patch is permanent, as in if I restart the game, won´t the E4/transform/itemclone glitches work at all anymore?

Alright, so I did a search and this question may seem familiar, but I didn't see the answer.

When a Pokemon has already been EV trained and you use rare candies to get it to lv100, will it gain the stats from the EVs?

I.e. If you EV train a Tyranitar to lv 60 so that it has 252 EVs in HP, 252 EVs in attack, and 4 EVs in Speed (assuming 31 IVs in each and an Adamant nature) will it hit 404 HP, 403 Attk, and 200-ish (don't know the exact value) Speed if I use rare candies for the next 40 levels?

I.e. If you EV train a Tyranitar to lv 60 so that it has 252 EVs in HP, 252 EVs in attack, and 4 EVs in Speed (assuming 31 IVs in each and an Adamant nature) will it hit 404 HP, 403 Attk, and 200-ish (don't know the exact value) Speed if I use rare candies for the next 40 levels?
Yes. Stats are recalculated at each level based on IVs and EVs.

This is probably not common knowledge, but I´ll give it a try. Got a few wifieventpokes in my 1.0 jap pearl.
Was kinda speedrunning the game and wanted to skip the E4 with the surfglitch, so I could start preparing for my White to arrive, got stuck, can't escape by fly or escape rod, tried the underground kit which didn't help in any way.

Started to think that the patch might get me from the area(wishful thinking) but wonder if the patch is permanent, as in if I restart the game, won´t the E4/transform/itemclone glitches work at all anymore?
Can't you just turn the game off and it will take back to where you last saved? You shouldn't be stuck unless you walked out of the union room, since it saves when you go in. I have no idea if the patch could help you in this situation, but try turning it off if you haven't already.

which pokemons resemble a echidna? trying to make a sonic based team but having trouble finding something good for knuckles. if possible i would also enjoy a emo hedgehog for shadow but a echidna is the first priority.

which pokemons resemble a echidna? trying to make a sonic based team but having trouble finding something good for knuckles. if possible i would also enjoy a emo hedgehog for shadow but a echidna is the first priority.
cyndaquil is based on an echidna. Pretty good match, IMO.

Athenodoros

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but now that Pokemon Lab supports 2v2, are there plans in the works to come up with Double Battle tiers?

Also: Pokemon Lab and Shoddy Battle 2 are the same thing, right?
I don't know about the first, I'd assume they'd be roughly the same (very roughly) as singles. But I do know that Shoddy 2 and Lab are the same thing.

Can't you just turn the game off and it will take back to where you last saved? You shouldn't be stuck unless you walked out of the union room, since it saves when you go in. I have no idea if the patch could help you in this situation, but try turning it off if you haven't already.
Nope, neither dig, fly or escape rope out, so I reset since I didn't find any info if the patch was permanent (which the berry patch in the generation before was, so it was likely it was the same now). I did find out through some research(google translate) that the patch gets you out of the void though.

Athenodoros

So do you mean that an opponent has lead specs Starmie and a FWG core and you have a Choice Band Tar, and wonder if it will help? Or are you building a team and want to know if CB Tar will check lead Starmie? It might help to know what you want to know for, because I don't really understand the question. (And also, I think most lead Starmie do not have specs, because they want to use Hydro Pump/IB/TB and then rapid spin.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)