Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referrals
what does this stand for in the user statistics?
When a member signs up he has the option to put in a username as his "Referer" and said member get's 1 referal. So basically, tell someone about smogon, tell them to put in your name as the referer then signing up.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ Osthato: You can't get an egg move onto a Pokemon which is recieved, or by any method other than hatching it or receiving it with the egg move, so no.

Does Hi Jump Kick count as a recoil move when using the ability Reckless for Hitmonlee?
No, because it only take recoil if the move misses.

Ok, serious question guys. I know a lot of good players talking about "predicting right" durring a serious match, but what happens if my opponents predicts me predicted him predicting the fact that I am predicting him knowing full well he is predicting me predict the prediction?

wait....what?

i have a new question:what the heck is up with your question?

has far i know this could end up causing the tables to turn back into its original state, so you 2 would end up using the move you would use in the first place.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, because it only take recoil if the move misses.

Ok, serious question guys. I know a lot of good players talking about "predicting right" durring a serious match, but what happens if my opponents predicts me predicted him predicting the fact that I am predicting him knowing full well he is predicting me predict the prediction?
Hi Jump Kick does get a boost from Reckless. That question is really dumb, if you're thinking like that you are greatly overthinking. Predicting, for me, is thinking about what I would do if I was my opponent, and act accordingly. Obviously there is a risk to this, and you need to decide what to do on a risk vs reward basis.

Hi Jump Kick does get a boost from Reckless. That question is really dumb, if you're thinking like that you are greatly overthinking. Predicting, for me, is thinking about what I would do if I was my opponent, and act accordingly. Obviously there is a risk to this, and you need to decide what to do on a risk vs reward basis.
Hmmm, seems it does. Figured it only applied to moves that cause self inflicting damage on contact, like Double Edge. My mistake.

All thought it was meant to be sort of a joke, I wouldn't write it off completely as "dumb", especially when battles can get drawn out at times. Predicting seems to play a big part in winning, but why is it a lot of times when I watch a match it seems for example players still go for obvious moves knowing full well most of the time the opponent will switch out to something that either takes little or no damage. Example, Fortress is out, Infernape comes in and tries to attack it with Fire Blast only for Heatran to come in and take no damage. If situations like this happens all the time, and the opponent always switches then why didn't the person using Infernape possibly opt for Close Combat from the get go, its not like it would give away any strategy on his/her part (the attack is so common on it anyways)? Is the whole point of prediction to play very conservatively until you know half of the team or something, then attempt to use a different attack when the opportunity arises? Seems kinda difficult to pull off unless your team is on the bulky side.

DPP RNG Maniplulation Guide said:
Your ID and SID for the game where you wish to hatch shinies. Your SID, or Secret ID, is not visible by normal means, but can be easily retrieved if you have a caught (non-chained) shiny and then by doing a bit of math or using the "IVs to PID" feature in RNG Reporter. Additionally, you can deduce your SID if you have between four and eight chained shinies by using the "Chain to SID" feature of RNG Reporter.
So is it possible to find the SID from four different chain-ed shinies in Platinum?

I think that's Yomi Layer 6.

Reposting my question: can anyone give me a link to a step-by-step guide to HGSS RNG (Shiny/IV/Egg/Legendaries)
I recommend you begin your research here. You can also go to the smogon home page, type RNG in the search bar, and go with that. That's what I did, though people say that guide's a little dated and that you should go for the thread instead.

Okay then, a couple of simple questions.

1) Where do I go to ask more complex questions?

2) Where do I apply to be tutored (i.e. which thread in Battling 101)?

Hopefully that's simple enough ^^
  1. Okay, admittedly, I'm kinda new here, but I vote you just ask your more complex question here. As far as I know, the worst-case scenario would be no one knows and your question appears to get ignored. If you're asking FOR something, like a pokemon, go here.
  2. Go here.
  3. Put your friend codes in your signature. If you're going to be active here, you're gonna be trading/battling a lot.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a WiFi mode in PBR with matchmaking similar to the GS Cup Flat Battle and which doesn't auto-level your pokemon up to 50 if you're using, for example, a Lv. 1 Smeargle? I don't want to waste my time if there isn't.

2. If you and your opponent are both using a Trick Room team in a doubles match, what do you do? I've had matches where we both used Trick Room, then neither of us used Trick Room, then we both used Trick Room.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a WiFi mode in PBR with matchmaking similar to the GS Cup Flat Battle and which doesn't auto-level your pokemon up to 50 if you're using, for example, a Lv. 1 Smeargle? I don't want to waste my time if there isn't.

2. If you and your opponent are both using a Trick Room team in a doubles match, what do you do? I've had matches where we both used Trick Room, then neither of us used Trick Room, then we both used Trick Room.
I don't know about the first one, but as for the second one, if you use trick room while trick room is in effect, it deactivates. So you have to predict when your opponet will use trick room(attack), and when he will attack(this is when you use trick room). Or you could both sit there trick rooming until it runs out of PP. Or, give one of your trick room sweepers a 1 speed IV instead of 0. then you outspeed him when his trick room goes down.

I am trying to make a mustache themed team, anyone know which pokemon have mustaches?

I know Gyarados, Metagross, Swalot, Alakazam, and Abamasnow have some sick staches

I am trying to make a mustache themed team, anyone know which pokemon have mustaches?

I know Gyarados, Metagross, Swalot, Alakazam, and Abamasnow have some sick staches
Kricketune and Probopass are the only other Pokemon that have true mustaches. Arcanine, Raikou, and Entei also appear to have mustaches. Persian, Nidoran F, Espeon, Luxio, and Purugly also have whiskers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)