Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm persistent, haha... Anyway, I'm probably going to go with the second set, it's sort of a happy medium, a surprise moderate. 394 HP/236 Defense/282 Special Attack/286 Special Defense... This gives Milotic both decent offenses and defenses--unlike Suicune, it can recover Life Orb recoil, and it has better defenses than Starmie and isn't scared crapless of Pursuit.

Dragonite will probably want to distinguish itself from Salamence, so Superpower is a must; it also gives very good coverage with Dragon-type moves. You may also want Fire Punch to 2HKO Skarmory, so assuming you're running Extremespeed and Outrage, you have a set.

I don't think it is, it needs to be a randomly caught (not chained or stationary) shiny...sorry.

I'd say Ice Beam over Hypnosis, always...it's more reliable and isn't bound by sleep clause, as well as adding to Milotic's coverage. Of the sets...the first is designed specifically for UU I think, and so the given EVs won't be as effective in OU. The second...might work, but it seems a bit counterintuitive to use Life Orb on a defensive spread that lacks much SpA investment. The third is pretty interesting, but without a Life Orb it may lack the power to sweep. LO Starmie might do that better.
Maybe you could try Timid Milotic, with 24 HP 252 SpA 236 Spe and Life Orb, with Hydro Pump over Surf. The speed EVs allow it to outspeed Adamant Lucario - allowing it to function as a check, Impish Gliscor, Timid Heatran, Adamant Dragonite, Jolly Bulky Gyarados, and Standard Rotom-A - hopefully making it a lot more useful in OU.

I can't remember how many times you've posted that...

Assuming Swampert switches in, which is what a hard counter does...

MixMence Draco Meteor
240 Naive Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor
vs. 252/0 Relaxed Leftovers Swampert : 71.3% - 83.9%

Once-Dragon Danced Mixed DDer (232 Atk) Outrage
232 Naive Life Orb Salamence +1 Outrage
vs. 252/252 Relaxed Leftovers Swampert : 73.8% - 87.1%

Swampert cannot reliably switch into Salamence at all. Even coming into an awry Fire Blast or Earthquake softens it up for the KO. At best, it is a decent check. Nonetheless, this is tangential to your query about Machamp... ^^; I think the issue's been resolved now.

If I recall correctly, through the TRU Arecus event, I'm only allowed to get one of either Palkia, Dialga or Giratina. So, which one of the three should I choose? If, however, I can get all three, then never mind!

Whichever one you want to use or trade in Ubers. They are also all used in VGC. Really, you can't go wrong with either, though I'm going to say Palkia and Dialga would be more useful.

chingman78: it was used enough over the past three months to bring it back into OU.

This is a quick question..hopefully

why was umbreon brought back into OU?
He was used enough. tiers (except ubers and BL) are not based on power, but rather, usage. If umbreon was used in 1 of every 20 battles, he becomes OU. If not, UU. This applies to anything, so if nobody used scizor, he would drop to NU.

Ninja'ed by jumpluff, but this ones mine!

OK, but why exactly is umbreon so good in OU?
He was a half decent latias "counter". But otherwise, other than yawn+protect on scizor (fail) and curse (fail), he isn't that good. Sometimes, people use things that aren't good.
After all, ninjask is still OU right?

OK, but why exactly is umbreon so good in OU?
It's not, really, but its main application is checking Latias. Since Latias is now gone, I expect its usage to drop significantly. It can also WishPass and the like, but so can other Pokémon that are vastly superior.

Whichever one you want to use or trade in Ubers. They are also all used in VGC. Really, you can't go wrong with either, though I'm going to say Palkia and Dialga would be more useful.
I strongly disagree. Get Giratina. Because that's the only (non-cheating) way you can use Origin Forme in HGSS. You can trade Dialga and Palkia (and Giratina for that matter) from DPPt, but you can't trade the Griseous Orb.

I strongly disagree. Get Giratina. Because that's the only (non-cheating) way you can use Origin Forme in HGSS. You can trade Dialga and Palkia (and Giratina for that matter) from DPPt, but you can't trade the Griseous Orb.
I don't mind not having Griseous Orb; I have two already.The thing is, I have a bunch of all three guys already, but when I caught them, I wasn't thinking of tournament play and thus took the first one I came across. When I later checked out their IVs, they all had pitiful, sub-15 IVs across the board (save for the random 25 IV in HP or Defense). But NOW I'm focused on getting the best guy for tournament play... and this is my last chance to get someone awesome, short of playing a new game from scratch.Now, it was suggested I can choose either Palkia or Dialga... what else do people have in mind?

Not in HG/SS but from my Japanese and North American versions from Platinum.Unless you can't transfer them Orbs over to HG/SS? (Protip: This will show how much I know about these games. :P)
Nope--as soon as you bring Giratina into the Trade Room, the Griserous Orb will automatically be taken off it and put into your inventory (just like how Rotom will revert to normal if you try to change it). The only way to get a Griserous Orb in HGSS is the Arceus event.

Nope--as soon as you bring Giratina into the Trade Room, the Griserous Orb will automatically be taken off it and put into your inventory (just like how Rotom will revert to normal if you try to change it). The only way to get a Griserous Orb in HGSS is the Arceus event.
Ahhh, that makes sense. I mean, since posting I checked my SoulSilver game and noticed that my traded Giratina lacks its Orb.So... I guess I'll get myself a Giratina. Thanks y'all! :)

IVs for HP fire on a naive Magnezone?
Since I don't know much about what you're doing, I can't really make too many suggestions. But the IVs are straight 31 except 30 in Special Attack and Speed, which is ironically the two things you are apparently trying to have high.

Oh and people, keep the Salamence discussion in it's own thread

Hello, I have a question: a Scyther’s maximum speed stat is 339 while a Scizor’s is 251.
If I waited to level 100 to evolve my Scyther would the resulting Scizor have a speed stat of 339 or would the stat be leveled down upon evolution?

Hello, I have a question: a Scyther’s maximum speed stat is 339 while a Scizor’s is 251.
If I waited to level 100 to evolve my Scyther would the resulting Scizor have a speed stat of 339 or would the stat be leveled down upon evolution?
Stats instantly change upon evolution, so mainly the Speed will decrease and Defense will increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)