Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of curious about the answer to Rinol's question as well. Are babies bred from hacked Pokemon hacked as well (ie, different coding or whatever resulting from the parents being hacked, etc.?) Or is it just more of a moral issue that's frowned upon? Cause I have reason to believe that some of the ones I've traded for in the past might have came from hacked parents (thankfully, not from here as far as I know).
Its just frowned upon, they aren't actually hacked.

From answers to my questions, I've narrowed down my next breed to Exploud or Sharpedo. I'm using a x/31/x/31/x/31 male parent where all the x's are 15+.

Which of the two should I breed, what nature should it be, what moves should it have? I'm going to be breeding this in Emerald, so tutor moves are possible.

exploud:
naughty/lonely (both defs are same, you choose)
surf
double edge
thunderpunch
ice beam

straight from smogon analysis for mixed exploud. 2 tms, 2 move tutor moves :P

i know nothign of sharpedo.

is there an unwritten rule when fair hacking IV's? i mean a poke with 31 IV's is physically possible, but surely, people won't like it. if i fair hacked a poke and used it against someone, how good/bad do you think the IV's should be?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^fair hack? People who breed aren't annoyed by hacks because of the differences in IVs-- they're annoyed because of the lack of time/effort spent to produce the hack.

The answer is if people don't want to battle hacks on wifi don't battle them. :/

If they are up to fight hacks, might as well just take the best you got with you because the opponent will too. This notion of "fair-hacking" just sounds like a half-assed attitude to me.

^fair hack? People who breed aren't annoyed by hacks because of the differences in IVs-- they're annoyed because of the lack of time/effort spent to produce the hack.

The answer is if people don't want to battle hacks on wifi don't battle them. :/

If they are up to fight hacks, might as well just take the best you got with you because the opponent will too. This notion of "fair-hacking" just sounds like a half-assed attitude to me.
not entirely. there's a difference between hacking a pokemon that's possible and not overpowered just to save time and a poke that has stats that are off the chats and impossible to beat. not everyone has the time to catch the right poke, take a million steps to hatch it, chain... whatever. it takes a lot of time. we live in a very busy society where people just have a lot of obligations to reply to. not everyone can make pokemon their life, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be denied being a competitive battler when they do have free time. i'm not annoyed by the lack of time and effort, because to me, if you're a good battler you shouldn't be denied having a team because you have to work and feed your family. as long as it's reasonable, i'm down with that. all i'm asking is where that line of being reasonable lie.

exploud:
naughty/lonely (both defs are same, you choose)
surf
double edge
thunderpunch
ice beam

straight from smogon analysis for mixed exploud. 2 tms, 2 move tutor moves :P

i know nothign of sharpedo.
Anything that can replace Double-Edge? I don't like having to use once-only tutors. If it REALLY needs it, I could use the Double-Edge tutor in XD.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
not entirely. there's a difference between hacking a pokemon that's possible and not overpowered just to save time and a poke that has stats that are off the chats and impossible to beat. not everyone has the time to catch the right poke, take a million steps to hatch it, chain... whatever. it takes a lot of time. we live in a very busy society where people just have a lot of obligations to reply to. not everyone can make pokemon their life, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be denied being a competitive battler when they do have free time. i'm not annoyed by the lack of time and effort, because to me, if you're a good battler you shouldn't be denied having a team because you have to work and feed your family. as long as it's reasonable, i'm down with that. all i'm asking is where that line of being reasonable lie.
The answer is use Shoddy Battle, not hack your game. Then, you can set your IVs to whatever you want, and so can other people.

Although it's funny cause a lot of breeders will use the fast-hatch code and then get upset about other hacks, but I guess this isn't the place to rehash that tired debate again.
Where can i find the BulkyRaptor moveset and Ev spread?

Now that Search is down all this locatiing is hard
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33055

what are the benefits of using an Adamant DD TTar over a Jolly DD one?

is outspeeding things off the bat more important than raw power? just wanted a few views/opinions.

Adamant DDtar is better. DDtar fixes the speed drop anyway. The main reason to use Jolly is to outspeed Garchomp after 1 DD, whilst Adamant is still slower. (asumin garchomp is jolly).

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jolly beats Infernape, Starmie, Gengar, Azelf, Garchomp, Tauros, etc. after a single Dragon Dance. Adamant does not. Dragon Dance makes up for the attack drop, anyways. A 10% drop in attack does not mean very much, but a 10% drop in speed (where one point can make a difference) means having to switch out of a lot of things, or at least take the hit, when you could otherwise have outsped and killed them.

Can Dusknoir be tought the Elemental Punches in Diamond and Pearl via Heart Scale? Or do I need to keep it strictly Emerald?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)