Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a pokemon holding a life orb uses something like fury swipes (something that hits more then once) does life orb cause the poke to lose 10% health with each hit, or just 10% altogether?

On Shoddy I've been using a scarf moltres that has u-turn as one of it's moves. Something thats been annoying me is that whenever I u-turn on a different poke and switch in moltres, the only move that moltres will be allowed to use is u-turn.
Is this supposed to happen or is it something thats wrong with Shoddy?

Thanks in advance.

Which pokémon resist the rock/ground attacking combo?
Bronzong,Gliscor,Flygon are some off the top of my mind.

But levitating Ground/Steel pokemon do.

If a pokemon holding a life orb uses something like fury swipes (something that hits more then once) does life orb cause the poke to lose 10% health with each hit, or just 10% altogether?

On Shoddy I've been using a scarf moltres that has u-turn as one of it's moves. Something thats been annoying me is that whenever I u-turn on a different poke and switch in moltres, the only move that moltres will be allowed to use is u-turn.
Is this supposed to happen or is it something thats wrong with Shoddy?

Thanks in advance.
1. Fury Swipe is one move, so only 10% from life orb.

2. It is supposed to happen, Game Freak annoyed us by doing this.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gliscor doesn't resist Rock - type attacks. Well, providing he's not using Roost. Also, Skarmory.

Breloom is another Ground / Rock - type resist.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wasn't naming them all, but I thought I'd correct the above post whilst mentioning another Pokemon so it doesn't look like I was posting just to correct him.

I think this is right, but I forget:

When you clone in emerald, the one(s) in your party is the original one(s), right?

That's rather hard to tell imo, it being the ones in the party would make most sense. I'm curious, why do you want to know this?
Probably wants to keep the "original" for him and trade the "clones", not that anybody will be able to tell.
What makes me wonder, when cloning with an AR in the DS games, which one is considered the original? the one you move left and right on hand or the one that appears in its place in the box?

Probably wants to keep the "original" for him and trade the "clones", not that anybody will be able to tell.
What makes me wonder, when cloning with an AR in the DS games, which one is considered the original? the one you move left and right on hand or the one that appears in its place in the box?
Presumably the one you pick up, since the one that appears wasn't there before and didn't change. If you were picking up the clone then the sprite would probably just come off the other one. Not that it really matters anyway.

I would say the one in the box if there ever was an original but the data of the clone and the "original" are identical.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Googling the subject, the most common date I see floating around is May 12, but I can't really find anything concrete. That is the date that the first of the WiiWare games are to be coming out in North America, but I can't tell if Pokemon Ranch is in the initial launch.
That will certainly suck if it keeps dragging out. 2 months is too long to wait for it in my humble opinion.

Okay, so I know that moves like Curse raise stats by 1.5. Same goes for Choice Items. But how much does a nature multiply the stat by? And also having 31 IVs in a stat instead of 0? And lastly having 252 EVs in a stat.

Thanks. =)

Okay, so I know that moves like Curse raise stats by 1.5. Same goes for Choice Items. But how much does a nature multiply the stat by? And also having 31 IVs in a stat instead of 0? And lastly having 252 EVs in a stat.

Thanks. =)
Here is the formula for calcuating a particular stat:

Stat = ( ( [Pokemon's Base Stat] * 2 + IV + ( EVs / 4 ) ) * [Pokemon's Level] / 100 + [Number] ) * [Nature] , where

[Number] = [Pokemon's Level] + 10 for the HP stat and 5 for every other stat

and

[Nature] = 1.1 for a favorable nature, 0.9 for an unfavorable nature, and 1 for a neutral nature.

(Note: After each operation, remove any decimal points from your answer.)

Modifiers from moves like Curse and Swords Dance would apply next, followed by abilities such as Pure Power and then Items like the Choice items.

...I didn't confuse you any, did I? I tend to do that. XD

Anyone have any tips for resetting for good IVs/natures in XD? I just saw a used copy at Gamestop and figured I'd pick it up and try to get some half-decent XD Pokes.

Anyone have any tips for resetting for good IVs/natures in XD? I just saw a used copy at Gamestop and figured I'd pick it up and try to get some half-decent XD Pokes.
The only tip you can give is this, have lots and lots of patience!

I've been looking hard at Slaking, as I'm really tempted to use the thing for a revenge killer. It seems built for the role. It comes in and hits HARD even if it doesn't do much else. Mostly because it looks like a good laugh to use though.

I'm curious why Hammer Arm isn't considered viable in the analysis. I ask because I'm a bit wary of focus punch when the stakes are so high and breeding in Emerald for Fire Punch would be a pain.

It seems like Hammer Arm gets the job done, and the speed drop is negligible since that truant turn is a good time to switch, anyway. The accuracy isn't 100, but 90 is still acceptable. If not Hammer Arm, then what about Brick Break? I'd almost rather go with that instead of rolling the dice with focus punch anyway.

I've been looking hard at Slaking, as I'm really tempted to use the thing for a revenge killer. It seems built for the role. It comes in and hits HARD even if it doesn't do much else. Mostly because it looks like a good laugh to use though.

I'm curious why Hammer Arm isn't considered viable in the analysis. I ask because I'm a bit wary of focus punch when the stakes are so high and breeding in Emerald for Fire Punch would be a pain.

It seems like Hammer Arm gets the job done, and the speed drop is negligible since that truant turn is a good time to switch, anyway. The accuracy isn't 100, but 90 is still acceptable. If not Hammer Arm, then what about Brick Break? I'd almost rather go with that instead of rolling the dice with focus punch anyway.
I don't have much experience with Choice users (and I never could really make them work anyway), but Choice Pokemon need the user to predict well to be successful, and a successful Focus Punch is the among the best rewards you can find for good prediction.

In the case of Slaking, the costs of a bad prediction are pretty much the same no matter what move you use, thus go for the moves with the most benefit.

That's what I get from the standard Slaking moveset, anyway.

Robocop, don't forget that the analyses aren't holy. They're just there to give you and idea of what a Pokemon is able of. If you don't like using Focus Punch, don't use it. If you think you don't need a certain attack, don't use it. If you think you need to outspeed different Pokemon or survive different attacks, change the EV spread.

I never had this problem in emerald (when i Ev train much more that Dp)
So, I begin to Ev train in DP, but i have some problems

For example, i put 252 Evs in atk, so these EVs give how many stats points?

I thinks it is 63, but dont have sure

Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)