Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Battle Requests

Currently Ongoing Battles

Last 10 Completed Battles

^ none of these headings are displaying anything for my battle finder, help!

I was looking into Golurk as a decent sweeper, and noticed none of it's sets included the 4 new Punch moves it gets to play with via BW2 tutors.
In particular, it gets Ice Punch as an option to handle Gliscor who previously walled it, as well as Thunder Punch for bulky waters that threaten it. It also Drain Punch as something to consider on a Rock Polish set as a superior option to Hammer Arm and Dynamic Punch.

Yeah, it's still probably not that great, but they all seem like definite options that should at least be considered, that just aren't there (I assume there's just not much interest in him ATM)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was looking into Golurk as a decent sweeper, and noticed none of it's sets included the 4 new Punch moves it gets to play with via BW2 tutors.
In particular, it gets Ice Punch as an option to handle Gliscor who previously walled it, as well as Thunder Punch for bulky waters that threaten it. It also Drain Punch as something to consider on a Rock Polish set as a superior option to Hammer Arm and Dynamic Punch.

Yeah, it's still probably not that great, but they all seem like definite options that should at least be considered, that just aren't there (I assume there's just not much interest in him ATM)
The Golurk analysis is currently being updated here. A lot of what you've mentioned is already being added. You should check it out! If you have any additional thoughts, feel free to post them there.

Is shadow tag gothitelle going to hit the lights of OU and UU?

And another thing: which hitmontop set uses its potential to the fullest? I was looking at it and while it seems primarily defensive, it has great offense combined with technician too. Im not necesarrily going to use it on my team, but just asking out of curiousity.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is shadow tag gothitelle going to hit the lights of OU and UU?

And another thing: which hitmontop set uses its potential to the fullest? I was looking at it and while it seems primarily defensive, it has great offense combined with technician too. Im not necesarrily going to use it on my team, but just asking out of curiousity.
Erm, I'm not very sure about Gothitelle. It's no Chandelure, with sky high SpA and pretty good speed, and look at where it is now. Gothitelle just lacks the speed / defenses to become an OU pokemon. It's typing also sucks. It might be UU status, but I don't think it's cut for OU.

As for Hitmontop, I think the sets on site are the best, or else they wouldn't be up there, eh? I personally prefer the Spinner set, because it is not as defensive as many other spinners. It can hold on it's own as a mix of Stall / offense.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Can Skarmory learn both Drill Peck and Whirlwind in Generation 3, or only 4-5? Trying to figure out where I should RNG it for a future team.

Can Skarmory learn both Drill Peck and Whirlwind in Generation 3, or only 4-5? Trying to figure out where I should RNG it for a future team.
Unless Bulbapedia is leaving out possible parents, Skarmory can't learn both Drill Peck and Whirlwind in Gen III. Drill Peck requires the father be from the Spearow or Doduo lines, which can't learn Whirlwind, and Whirlwind requires the father be from the Pidgey line, which can't learn Drill Peck. Drill Peck and Roar however is legal, and only less effective against Electrode and Mr. Mime.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Unless Bulbapedia is leaving out possible parents, Skarmory can't learn both Drill Peck and Whirlwind in Gen III. Drill Peck requires the father be from the Spearow or Doduo lines, which can't learn Whirlwind, and Whirlwind requires the father be from the Pidgey line, which can't learn Drill Peck. Drill Peck and Roar however is legal, and only less effective against Electrode and Mr. Mime.
Yeah that's what I thought. I may go with Roar then, since I like doing G3 breeds for the novelty. Thanks!

Which Defensive Mons work well with Specially Defensive Meloetta? I've been using it with Politoed, Dusclops, Vaporeon, Gliscor, and Ferrothorn, but I was wondering if there were more viable Pokemon.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Current Battle Requests

Currently Ongoing Battles

Last 10 Completed Battles

^ none of these headings are displaying anything for my battle finder, help!
Sorry, I missed this before. The battle finder is currently down. You can read about it here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Now that Luxray gets Guts AND Superpower, what's a good EV spread for Adamant Guts WildCharge/Superpower/Facade/Crunch(?). I assume max attack, but I'm never sure if it's better to invest in HP or Speed(or a mix of both), because I don't really know what he'll outspeed at any given benchmark

Now that Luxray gets Guts AND Superpower, what's a good EV spread for Adamant Guts WildCharge/Superpower/Facade/Crunch(?). I assume max attack, but I'm never sure if it's better to invest in HP or Speed(or a mix of both), because I don't really know what he'll outspeed at any given benchmark
For OU? I'd run max Speed to at least tie with Adamant Breloom. When you're losing health every turn from status, investing in Bulk isn't a fantastic idea anyways :p

I'm pretty confused (still) about DW tier. What's the difference between DW & OU tiers ?

I understand that certain pokemon can't have DW abilities with egg moves (due to the whole Female passing) but just confused at to the difference between the two.

And also, are they working on the new Therian forms & BW2 updates for the Website pages, just no mention of Breloom's new DW tech ability yet.

Huge thanks in advance !

I'm pretty confused (still) about DW tier. What's the difference between DW & OU tiers ?
DW OU allows every Dream World ability, standard OU only allows Dream World abilities that have been released and can be obtained in-game. Many Pokémon have not yet been released with their Dream World abilities such as Contrary Serperior. DW also allows for unreleased Pokémon, namely Genesect

And also, are they working on the new Therian forms & BW2 updates for the Website pages, just no mention of Breloom's new DW tech ability yet.
Those are being worked on now

The Dream World tier makes everything yet to be be released available for use. The big difference is that you can use unreleased DW abilities like Shadow Tag Chandelure and Lightningrod Zapdos. Genesect is also allowed in DW.

Okay, thankyou to the both of you. I was 4th gen exclusively until a month or two ago, so the whole advent of BW2 caught me before my ground was settled with BW.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)