Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How effective can Quick Feet Jolteon with Toxic Orb be in the OU Meta-Game?

I'll quickly discuss how I think that he can be effective, despite my limited knowledge of the game;

Quick Feet Jolteon with a Toxic Orb could be used as an effective Semi-Glue / Revenge Killer;
by utilizing Volt Switch, Jolteon could shirk out on the exponential Poison damage.

A switch-blade sort of Pokemon, that is hard to switch-in, but forces many switch-outs,
and outspeeds a great portion of the Meta-Game, without being limited to a Choice item.

I've read that a Life Orb set is generally more effective, by switching into a Will-O-Wisp or Toxic,
but you can't rely on that to happen, or you might switch into a Thunder Wave;
although your opponent may expect you to have Volt Absorb, they may not.

Jolteon isn't expected to take many hits anyway; so by playing reactively
and cautiously, Quick Feet Jolteon with Toxic Orb can clean up towards the end.

This Jolteon could potentially work best in conjunction with a defensive U-Turn / Volt Switch user.

Now I'll explain why I hypothesize that Quick Feet Jolteon with Toxic Orb can not be effective;

Jolteon has a naturally high Special Attack, and an extraordinary speed,
but without a Choice Specs or Life Orb, Jolteon simply doesn't have the
power to scare enemies out of their pants; and in return, they'll simply
stand their ground and hit back, fatally crippling Jolteon's staying power.

With a base speed of 130, there are few Pokemon who can outspeed Jolteon anyway,
so it's relatively easy for the experienced Pokemon trainer to spot enemies who
can potentially outspeed Jolteon with a Choice Scarf, and adjust their play.

So what is the verdict? Does Quick Feet Jolteon with Toxic Orb have any redemptive qualities?

Is such a set worthy of being mentioned in it's own build? In the notes?

Ok, why the sets in Latias' analysis use Roost instead of Recover? I know it hardly matters but slower EQ and EP can hit Latias while she's Roosting (Hippo, Landorus, Heatran, every EQ and EP user, actually).

Sorry I kinda have OCD on stuffs like this -___-

Ok, why the sets in Latias' analysis use Roost instead of Recover? I know it hardly matters but slower EQ and EP can hit Latias while she's Roosting (Hippo, Landorus, Heatran, every EQ and EP user, actually).

Sorry I kinda have OCD on stuffs like this -___-
I am 99% certain that Roost "removes" the flying-type of a pokemon for one turn, without affecting anything else.
Since Latias isn't a flying type but instead has Levitate I believe she isn't affected by roost allowing her to be hit by ground type attacks.

I am 99% certain that Roost "removes" the flying-type of a pokemon for one turn, without affecting anything else.
Since Latias isn't a flying type but instead has Levitate I believe she isn't affected by roost allowing her to be hit by ground type attacks.
This is correct. For a Pokemon that is not Flying-type, Roost and Recover are completely equivalent.

When the Eviolite definition says raises the Sp. Def and Def by 50% does that mean that if a Pokemon had 100 def stat it would raise it to 150?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
quick feet jolteon is silly for the same reason scarf jolteon is silly - if you need that much speed on jolteon, the problem is with your team. there's a reason specs jolt is a common set but scarf jolt is not - jolt does not need more speed. even in the case of random shit like scarf tornadus-T, such sets are incredibly niche and generally a waste. beyond base 110 speed, almost nothing runs a scarf as a semi-common set. in addition, with jolteon's astounding frailty, the last thing you need is it taking even more damage. you'd probably be better off carrying a choice scarf and retaining your immunity to electric which lets you switch in more easily

deviljho: yes, it raises the pokemon's numeric final stat. if you have 100 defense (not the same as 100 base defense), then eviolite effectively gives you 150

What is the best way to breed that? 2x 31/30/30/31/31/31 with a power item on one of the 30s? or just full 31s and hope for the best?
Ideally, 2x 31/30/30/31/31/31 pokemon is the best way. You can also learn RNG abuse, which eliminates almost all of the tedious breeding.

I wanted to ask i am currently making a competetive team so i would like to know if im doing any good wats so ever I have
electivire naught attack 176 defense 94 spattack125 spdef 88 speed 134 ice punch thunderpunch thunderbolt screech
Arcanine serious attack 151 defense 103 spatk 118 sdef 95 speed 135 flare blitz crunch e speed outrage
scizor aadamant attack 217 defense 118 spatk 62 spdef 102 speed 118 bugbite sworddance bullet punch superpower
conkeldurr adamant attack 227 defense 115 spatk 68 spdef 78 speed 69 dynamic punch mach punch bulkup stone edge
Darkrai modest attack 104 defense 119 spatk 183 spdef 113 speed 158 dark void thunderboly focusblast nightmare until i get tm icebeam
Pikachu naughty atack 86 def 83 spatk 70 spdef 53 speed 104
please i dont want to change the team pokemon but the moves if possible for me and natures no prob in changing so any comments or anything pleas vm me or anything white2 my friend code is 4299 0817 7605

I have 3 Audinos, and have no idea which to pick based on IVs, I'd be grateful for help. This is for in-game/Battle Subway.

Audino 1: Bold +Def -Atk
HP-25
Atk-29
Def-26
SpAtk-1
SpDef-9
Speed-24

Audino 2: Sassy +Spdef -Speed
HP-10
Atk-31
Def-7
SpAtk-30
SpDef-20
Speed-25

Audino 3: Calm +Spdef -Atk
HP-8
Atk-26
Def-29
SpAtk-27
SpDef-13
Speed-25

Or should I go for another one?

Also, another question, where do I go for in-game RMT?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
electivire naught attack 176 defense 94 spattack125 spdef 88 speed 134 ice punch thunderpunch thunderbolt screech
Arcanine serious attack 151 defense 103 spatk 118 sdef 95 speed 135 flare blitz crunch e speed outrage
scizor aadamant attack 217 defense 118 spatk 62 spdef 102 speed 118 bugbite sworddance bullet punch superpower
conkeldurr adamant attack 227 defense 115 spatk 68 spdef 78 speed 69 dynamic punch mach punch bulkup stone edge
Darkrai modest attack 104 defense 119 spatk 183 spdef 113 speed 158 dark void thunderboly focusblast nightmare until i get tm icebeam
Pikachu naughty atack 86 def 83 spatk 70 spdef 53 speed 104
darkrai is not legal in OU, nor is it legal in VGC so kinda screwed on that front already (cough sup dream world). pikachu sucks in OU, too slow and no punch. electivire is terrible. the arcanine needs a nature (ie serious is useless). and it's gonna need a bit more information - what are the levels, what are the EVs?

you seem rather new to competitive battling in general but this team is terrible. you might want to read up a bit on whatever metagame it is you're interested in.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have seen Chomp in OU. What is going on?
Last friday the results of the Round 6 BW OU Suspect test was announced. Both Sand Veil + Snow Cloak were banned, and Garchomp without Sand Veil was deemed not broken and let back into the OU metagame. The actual voting thread can be found here while the main discussion thread can be found here. Hope I helped!

I have 3 Audinos, and have no idea which to pick based on IVs, I'd be grateful for help. This is for in-game/Battle Subway.

HP-25
Atk-29
Def-26
SpAtk-1
SpDef-9
Speed-24

HP-10
Atk-31
Def-7
SpAtk-30
SpDef-20
Speed-25

HP-8
Atk-26
Def-29
SpAtk-27
SpDef-13
Speed-25

On second thought, I may go for another.
It'll be tough going for Calm/Sassy + Regenerator + Female though.
I can't stand it being male.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

HP-25
Atk-29
Def-26
SpAtk-1
SpDef-9
Speed-24

HP-10
Atk-31
Def-7
SpAtk-30
SpDef-20
Speed-25

HP-8
Atk-26
Def-29
SpAtk-27
SpDef-13
Speed-25

Honestly, Audino isn't effective anywhere. You're better off with Snorlax or Stoutland for a Subway Normal-type.

Also, Smogon doesn't do in-game RMTs.

Best movesets for Telepathy Giratina and Origin Forme Giratina in Gen 5 VGC/UBER Doubles?
You're better off asking in the VGC subforum.

How do you rank up in PS! in order to be qualified to vote in a suspect test? For example what does a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower on the Suspect Ladder mean? How do rank up this Glicko2? How does each win and loss impact your ranking? These are a lot of simple questions. But I figure it's better to post it here then make a thread :3 Thank you much to whoever answers!

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
How do you rank up in PS! in order to be qualified to vote in a suspect test? For example what does a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower on the Suspect Ladder mean? How do rank up this Glicko2? How does each win and loss impact your ranking? These are a lot of simple questions. But I figure it's better to post it here then make a thread :3 Thank you much to whoever answers!
Well, you can check your Glicko2 ranking by just typing /ranking on the chat; you'll get something like this:

In this case, my Glicko2 rating is 1777 and my deviation is 114. The Glicko rating improves when you win battles, and decreases if you lose. Deviation, instead, goes down if you play lots of games, and goes up if you remain inactive for long periods of time. For exact details, you'll probably want to visit the Pokemon Showdown subforum and ask there; however, this simple explanation is probably enough if you just want to ladder for requirements.

Your Glicko2 increases when you win matches and decreases if you lose. How much depends on the ranking of your opponent. You can lower your deviation by playing matches. The more matches you play in a certain time the lower your deviation will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)