Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CaP have the same ban list as "regular" OU?

In other words: Could Chomp be OU here because of Arghonaut being a great counter (not saying he is, just hypothetically).

Does CaP have the same ban list as "regular" OU?

In other words: Could Chomp be OU here because of Arghonaut being a great counter (not saying he is, just hypothetically).
Yes, we follow the same tiering as Smogon. Garchomp will not be OU here because there is no testing and we make the same changes as SU.

Yes, we follow the same tiering as Smogon. we make the same changes as SU.
Has this ever happened before? Is it really important?

For example, if Tyranitar was deemed too powerful for Smogon OU, CAP would ban it as well, despite all of the CAP Pokemon that counter it and the abundance of Pokemon like Dugtrio and Metagross?

Has this ever happened before? Is it really important?

For example, if Tyranitar was deemed too powerful for Smogon OU, CAP would ban it as well, despite all of the CAP Pokemon that counter it and the abundance of Pokemon like Dugtrio and Metagross?
Yeah. As soon as Latias became OU in Smogon, it was OU in CAP. There are no exceptions as of yet. All tiering changes in Smogon are reflected in CAP regardless of performance in CAP.

Copyright?

Does Smogon have "copyright" to all Pokemon with CAP Projects or can they be used for things like fan-games?

Does Smogon have "copyright" to all Pokemon with CAP Projects or can they be used for things like fan-games?
Technically anything created here is under the protection of copy right law and you must ask permission to use them. Since CAP is a community effort that would mean asking the entire community before you could legal use these. And thats not even tackling this issue of calling them Pokemon, which is a trademark of nintendo.

It was deleted because cyberzero made a slight mistake. You weren't allowed to see who voted for whom.

There should be a new one soon.

Is there a warning period for submitting your final art submission? Like "three days until all final submissions are expected for the art poll"?

What do you do if you've already got a Pokemon completely created? All I need for mine is a sprite, and I've got even that already imagined, I just need it drawn up for me.

What do you do if you've already got a Pokemon completely created? All I need for mine is a sprite, and I've got even that already imagined, I just need it drawn up for me.
The most you could do is submit the art, if it complies with the rules and you believe it fits the current choices of the community. This CaP was to make an Electric/Dragon, so if you think it looks like one, you can submit the art, but that's about all you can do here.

I posted this question in the art thread, I realize it should probably be in this thread.

"So I was wondering, are we only limited to one final submission concept?"

I realize that this question looks like I haven't read the rules, but from the rules I can see that you shouldn't repost updated art as a new final submission so you can only have one post for the pokemon you made the submission for. But whether or not you can have two separate pokemon is actually a bit vague. I may just be being stupid though^^

I know what you mean ixfalia; if you have two different concepts to submit, can you have a Final Submission for each of them?

Sadly not. You can only choose the best or most popular concept you've created and submit it as your one and only Final Submission.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In the past, we've had artists make multiple submissions. Most notably, artists like CYzirVisheen and KOA have had multiple entries do well in past CAP polls. However, like almost everything else -- some unscrupulous artists figured out ways to potentially abuse it to their advantage. I won't explain all that here, but there were MANY insidious ways to abuse it, and no real way to prevent it without limiting all artists to a single submission. The "single submission rule" is also consistent with other submission-based areas of CAP, like concept and stat spread.

This isn't really the place for that question; you'd have to try the Shoddy forum.

Oh wait, you've already got a thread there. Just wait for an answer, I'm sure you'll get one soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)