Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty big problem. Anyway, this is the Create-A-Pokemon project, not Create-An-Item project. We create Pokemon, and sometimes this necessitates a custom ability or move. However, it never ever necessitates a custom item. That's why we don't make them.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
PO temporarily doesn't support CAP since the Pokemon are hard coded into the program. Stay tuned for more details.

It's rumored that PO is coding in fakemon support-whenever that happens (or someone develops a friendlier simulator,) we'll get to the PR business and then get to CAP 2.

How do people pick their Hidden Power type? I understand it has to do with the IV's but to have a strong version of that atk you have to have damn near perfect IV's in all the stats. Is there a special way to do this or do they just cheat to change the IV's of their pokemon? (And if so are these pokemon legal online to play with)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
The best thing to do for that would be to just go on the main page, click the "CAP" sub-button, and find out for yourself rather than someone listing them all.

What concepts have already been used in previous CAPs?

(I ask this because I'd like to come up with something completely fresh and new)
To be honest you probably can re-use old idea, as long as they aren't copy word for word, as long as you give good reasons why they would be viable in this new metagame. Old CAPs aren't being considered in this generation, nor being updated with moves from this generation.

noob question's here.

1. how does someone get nominated to be TL in the first place?

2. once a TL has been nominated, do you nake your own thread, or do you get the TL to do it?

3.once the thread has been made, do you post your picture of the pokemon and its original concept?

1. You be a substantial contributor to the CAP project before that specific project begins, nominate yourself when the thread is made for it, and get voted in by the PRC.

2. The TL and/or ATL make all threads for a CAP. No one else is allowed to.

3. The posting of a concept (picture) for a CAP is a specific stage, so you'd want to wait for that before doing so. The concept is a totally different stage. Remember that everything is voted on by the community too.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You know i was wondering why the cap pokemon dont have DW abilities?
(bar Tomahawk) I think Dw cap would be relatively interesting as long as we didnt give some of the pokemon ridiculous abilities. here are some of my ideas for hidden abilities.

Collosoil with moxie (makes sense)

and fidgit with prankster (dont know if this would be broken)

because it was decided to not update the 4th gen caps for 5th gen.

the 4th gen caps were made for 4th gen in mind.

First you go to the ASB sub-forum, it has all most nothing to do with CAP other then the fact you can use CAP pokemon. Then you go to the Registration tower thread. If you follow the template that is in the OP it should be easy enough. Also, as a sidenote, this question belongs in the ASB SQSA thread; not the CAP sub-forum himself.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
where and how can i help out with CAP2 when it comes along? ive been interested in CAP since i discovered smogon

where and how can i help out with CAP2 when it comes along? ive been interested in CAP since i discovered smogon
Threads will be posted right here in the Create-a-Pokemon subforum.

You can join in with (almost) any of them, as long as you read the first post in each thread carefully (they set the scene & describe the topic).

So if I feel as if I have a fantastic idea for a pokemon and want others to see and comment, what is the best thread that encourages this?

There was discussion of expanding CAP to new tiers, but the consensus of the PR thread that discussed it was that we wouldn't be exploring it further until after CAP 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)