Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

Hi, I have two little questions:

- Will we write the "competitive use" part in the movedex like last gen? If yes where I can contribute?

- Is a C&C team for some of the popular OMs like STABmons or BH likely to be implemented?

Naive is spelled without the ï in-game, so I'm assuming that's why. Not too sure about "Pokémon", but some areas of the site, such as the smog, use that variation.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There used to be a "competitive use" tab for items before the new dex. Is that coming back? if so, who writes them?

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Somewhat of a noob question, so sorry if this has been asked before. But anyways, how do I make the dots like this:
  • Pinsir pairs well with other Flying-types, such as Talonflame and Staraptor, as they force Mega Pinsir's counters in and weaken them to the point where Mega Pinsir can KO them.
Is there a way for me to do that without copy and pasting?

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Somewhat of a noob question, so sorry if this has been asked before. But anyways, how do I make the dots like this:
  • Pinsir pairs well with other Flying-types, such as Talonflame and Staraptor, as they force Mega Pinsir's counters in and weaken them to the point where Mega Pinsir can KO them.
Is there a way for me to do that without copy and pasting?
image.jpg

Is there a thread that explains the rationale behind changing the smogon dex to the new format? I'd like to know why things such as the Pokemon overview, other options, and counters sections were removed from the analyses.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a thread that explains the rationale behind changing the smogon dex to the new format? I'd like to know why things such as the Pokemon overview, other options, and counters sections were removed from the analyses.
The dex was overall just upgraded to have a better look / easier to navigate. There's a lot of stuff being planned out about what will happen to the Overview, OO, and C&C, so just sit tight. The dex is still in beta and is far from completion!

e: there isn't a thread about it tho.

How long does my analysis have to sit around waiting for QC before I can comment to bump it back up? Do I have to wait until it hits the second page? Cause my Armaldo analysis for NU has been sitting around for a couple days with 1 QC check but hasn't reached the second page yet, so idk if I'm allowed to bump it.

How long does my analysis have to sit around waiting for QC before I can comment to bump it back up? Do I have to wait until it hits the second page? Cause my Armaldo analysis for NU has been sitting around for a couple days with 1 QC check but hasn't reached the second page yet, so idk if I'm allowed to bump it.
I know a lot of people do it, but I'd recommend not bumping your analyses at all, as it tends to annoy QC members, especially if one that isn't exactly extremely relevant in the tier like Armaldo. Instead, I'd recommend VMing the QC members on there wall for a check, or joining the IRC / Showdown chatroom that corresponds to the tier your analysis is in (For example, joining #neverused to talk to NU QC members)

Quick question, when running a type-specific boosting item, is it better to run Plate or specific item? For example, is it Black Glasses or Dread Plate that is correct? Does it matter at all?

Quick question, when running a type-specific boosting item, is it better to run Plate or specific item? For example, is it Black Glasses or Dread Plate that is correct? Does it matter at all?
doesn't matter unless it's in ubers (normal arceus can't remove a plate with trick)

Is there any rule regarding "max" vs "maximum"? I always assumed that it should always be spelled out fully but i've seen both versions quite a lot lately.

Is there any rule regarding "max" vs "maximum"? I always assumed that it should always be spelled out fully but i've seen both versions quite a lot lately.
there's no official rule to my knowledge, but i'm going to go ahead and say that "maximum" is always preferable

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
hi

when referring to EVs, is it acceptable to start a sentence with a number written in numerical form eg

"4 EVs in Special Defense prevents a SpA Download boost from Porygon-Z"

as opposed to

"Four EVs in Special Defense..."

The reason I ask is because standard English conventions state that you never start a sentence with a numerical number thing :L

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For as long as I've seen it done, you always use the number when referring to EVs. I SUPPOSE you could rearrange the sentence if it was TRULY a problem, but for all intents and purposes starting with the EV number is fine.

Reactions: KM
Excuse me but what are the forum rules and guidelines? Whenever I click on the link it just says file not found. Sorry if I'm acting like a total noob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)