ASB puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I present to you a new thing, never seen before in this whole sub-forum! I present to thee the first ever weekly ASB puzzle! No more must you slave away all your time cranking out calcs for a match you care nothing about, nor grinding counters on a freshmon only bott for one match. Now you can use your ingenuity and intellect to solve even the most difficult of problems. As of now, our funding is rather cut short, so your prize will be the feeling of satisfaction from conquering conundrums and triumphing over trickery. If you discover the solution thrice, your honorable name will be engraved by master sculptors on the done off the OP.

To start this, we will begin by presenting a somewhat easy puzzle.

Your pokemon:

Full movepool adamant Snorlax@Life orb
33 hp, 10 en
Focus Energy

Vs.

Opponent's pokemon:

+Def- -SpD Gyarados@Enigma Berry
48 hp, 23 en
Orders: Waterfall, Surf, Waterfall

Challenge: KO Gyarados without letting snorlax be KOd

If this puzzle proves too easy, rest assured. Harder ones are still to come.

Chill - Zap Cannon - Thunder

Okay I win what's up bro

Assuming every move hits and nothing flinches because you have stated nothing about hax.

The correct answer is the best set of orders that satisfy the challenge. And as you may have guessed, there is a better answer than the one you tried. Also, to clarify, you only win if you are the ghost to purpose the correct answer.

So basically "I make up the rules of this game as I go and I don't want you to get it right, even though you clearly did."

go cry in a corner or something or post the rules of the game before telling people that they're wrong.

You, obviously being the AMAZING BATTLER that you are, obviously cannot be beaten.

I'm guessing the proper answer was Focus Punch + Focus Punch - Cooldown - Focus Punch + Focus Punch?

Just because you guys are lazy and rude doesnt make this a bad idea.

I'll try in a bit.
It is a good idea. The problem is the way he refused to accept that answer, by making a rule that was not mentioned in the OP.

I do agree Espy was way too rude in his reply though.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
This... really should have been approved first, by a mod or otherwise.

Right now we don't know the ground rules - what can we assume about misses and hax? The concept of an ASB puzzle is a good one, and one that can take a lot of effort to solve, which is good.

Once you've got ground rules set up, then starting might work. Personally I'd rather a projmod lead such a thread, and for the thread to have a (DATA) tag, so that it's easily found, and to make it easier to compile puzzles.

Incidentally, can we avoid the childish remarks folks? I think the best way to put it would be "S/He knows already".

Agreed. Yarnus, I like this idea. I'm going to lock this. If you make a better OP with all the rules listed, PM it to me and I'll approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)