are the move/ability descriptions accurate and up to date

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ok, I started to go through them when you asked me to on IRC... and I'm just not in a position to say if they are good or not since I've never actually played the game outside of Shoddy Battle. Yamipoli contacted me on IRC though and has volunteered to look at all of them, bringing her considerable expertise to bear on what we we have currently compiled.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
They're not complete. I can look at them as well. Peterko and Obi have been looking into them for the past 2 months or so, too.

EDIT:

[NAME]
Aqua Jet
[SHORT DESC]
Goes before other attacks.
[LONG DESC]
Has a 1 priority modifier.

Priority modifiers should not be needed to be written in the long description, am I right?

EDIT 2: Trump Card's description is still incorrect.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
chaos could you wait til the end of the day? I saw that hipmonlee fixed trump card, but there are still a few others that need minor changes (not updated with the research results)...

I don´t know where to post those changes, the analyses don´t seem to be updated regulary with the stuff that is posted in the topics (I´m not talking about the pkmn analyses)

EDIT: went through the DP moves and old moves A-F, will continue later...posted the stuff in that topic

EDIT 2: I´m finished, old moves G-Z...hopefully someone will edit the moves, I´m trusting you Obi ;)

Peterko

Never give up!
double-posting just to say that also the ability descriptions were checked, by Team Rocket Elite mostly and by me also

this means you can work with up to date moves and abilities as soon as someone edits what has been pointed out in both topics

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm currently finishing up the item descriptions. Is the preferred name for the items

Black Glasses, Blackglasses, or BlackGlasses?

Same for Bright Powder, Brightpowder, or BrightPowder (and maybe a few more items that I haven't gotten to yet).

Peterko

Never give up!
straight from my diamond bag: Choice Specs, Choice Band, Quick Claw, BrightPowder, King´s Rock, Scope Lens, Razor Claw, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Shed Shell, Black Sludge, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Big Root, Lagging Tail, Metronome, White Herb, Sticky Barb, Light Clay, Damp Rock, Icy Rock, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock, Iron Ball, Grip Claw, Shell Bell, Mental Herb, Destiny Knot, Soul Dew...all plates are written like Iron Plate

Poison Barb, SilverPowder, Miracle Seed, Soft Sand, Silk Scarf, Magnet, Black Belt, Charcoal, Mystic Water, NeverMeltIce, Hard Stone, Spell Tag, BlackGlasses, Metal Coat... looks like I don´t have TwistedSpoon (it would be 13 with a space), Sharp Beak and Dragon Fang?

anything else? be sure to look at the other two topics that were checked when you have time :)

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Technically there's a 12 character limit for items, moves and ability names, so Bright Powder, Thunder Punch and Compound Eyes are impossible.

Peterko

Never give up!
posting to say that noone has yet edited the move/ability descriptions...it took me 4-5 hours to check those, TRE and X-Act also went through all of them...

I just hope you won´t use the wrong ones chaos

if you tell me to do it, I´m gonna fix them myself and post the almost 500 moves and I don´t know how many abilities here :)

EDIT: I´m not angry or anything, it´s just that I´d like to see someone confirm it will be done...chaos asked for them so I thought it needs to be done fast, I don´t want to offend people, sorry

X-Act

Chill out Peterko. Someone will edit it when they get the chance to do it. It's not like this is the only thing they've got to do. We also live in different timezones than most of the people that can edit that thread. Be patient.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Abilities are done (currently the last post in the ability thread). Do you want me to post the semi-finalized lists here?

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
i'll need them definitely before sept 4th, maybe sooner. if we could get a mod to help out the people doing this, that'd be awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)