SV OU Arcanine-Hisui Volt-Turn (PEAKED #8, 1966 ELO + Gliscor Reqs)

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
IMG-20231031-WA0005.jpg

Hello dear readers, how are you?
This time I will be bringing a very fun and functional team that I built with several Pokémon below the OverUsed tier.
Well, I must say that this time I didn't start from 0 as I always like to do, to be completely sure of the team's functionality. after having reached around 1950 on the ladder I tried to do completely different things and when I found myself I was at around 1650 points , for always testing different things and testing when I could find something really good and fun to post here.

The reason that inspired me to build something different was Arcanine-Hisui.
because it has a very beautiful design and good potential in my opinion. So after several attempts trying to include something cool with it, I finally got a very functional and interesting team, which gave me top 8 + reqs in the gliscor suspect, with a considerable improvement in my GXE in a short time playing, as before it was at 75.7%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM INTRODUCTION

the team is basically a volt-turn offense with excellent speed control provided by :Arcanine-Hisui: in addition to its high damage, of course.
basically :Arcanine-Hisui: has a cleaner role or is used to surprise unprepared opponents at the beginning of the game, as relatively common leads such as :Dragapult: :Tornadus-Therian: (more common in stall teams) :Cinderace: can be OHKOed by Head Smash.

Because the team has good mobility, facilitating the entry of specific Pokemon, the help of sweepers ended up being very welcome, especially in this gen where it is practically essential to play without sweepers due to the high benefit provided by tera.
Some sets were being adapted as well as tera typing, especially to deal with two extremely punctual threats in the meta, namely :Kingambit: and :Iron-Valiant:
because they are two extremely dangerous Pokémon and if you manage to surprise them, you end up not losing the pressure you achieved with so much effort. since in my opinion :Iron-Valiant: works more immediately thanks to booster energy, always being faster than everything in the game and :Kingambit: works better at the end of the game, doing what he does best, being annoying with priority and abusing his hability + tera.
In particular, one Pokémon really caught my attention when dealing with these threats, being :Garchomp: which throughout this RMT I will be explaining its set in more depth which is somewhat different.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
059_f2.png

Scarf Arcanine-H.png
Arcanine-Hisui was chose especially for speed control, being able to eliminate very common threats in the meta throughout the game without needing a buff to do so, thanks to its excellent coverage of Flare Blitz/Head Smah + Extremespeed, providing tons of dmg to slower Pokémon than he. as :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Iron-Valiant: (after losing his energy booster) :Dragapult: :Enamorus: (without scarf) :Gholdengo: if his sweepers are having difficulty playing their role or if he has received a good pivot in the match :Arcanine-Hisui: ends up shining on these occasions

Unfortunately the nature chosen was jolly>adamant, sacrificing 10% extra damage, as jolly makes it overcome two very specific things, namely :Dragapult: having a 37.5% chance of OHKO or 100% after damage from Stealth Rock and Scarf :Gholdengo : or speed debuff after webs

His tera choice was Fire because I consider Flare Blitz a better move than Head Smash despite having less BP. because 20% of the time the move will end up being useless and making you lose valuable turns, and could even make you lose the game because of it.
:Arcanine-Hisui: it's a basically offensive Pokémon. I didn't see the need to use a defensive tera on it, despite rarely actually using tera on it. as Flare Blitz doesn't miss and gains a significant increase in damage with the extra stab, I opted for this choice.

His moveset as mentioned here is made to abuse his excellent ability, since he doesn't take recoil damage, so he ends up having very high BP moves and a very good immediate effect, since he doesn't need to buff himself. to play his role as a killer with precision.
extremespeed is another excellent move that is used as an emergency button as it has absolute priority, in fact the big choice is in relation to its fourth move Close Combat, Wild Charge or Will-o-Wisp.
My particular choice was Close Combat, especially to deal with :Heatran: which is a very annoying Pokémon in general.
Wild Charge would have good uses to deal with :Toxapex: and :Dondozo: on the switch, but because they are such strong walls on the physical side, the damage isn't too great to make me consider the switch.
Will-O-Wisp can be considered another way to disrupt :Kingambit: in particular or burn :Gliscor: on the switch. However, I don't like the idea of getting locked into a support move. As the meta is very aggressive and fast, the need to have more coverages possible ends up standing out in relation to usefulness.
642_f2.png

Thundurus-T.png
Thundurus-Therian is a very interesting and strong Pokémon, with its high special attack + the help of tera.
His choice in this team was actually the last one to be thought of. because before that I was using :Zapdos: to fill this slot.
unlike :Zapdos: which in my humble opinion is not even half of what it was in SSOU currently. due to its horrible EV spread with the sole purpose but necessary to pass :Great-Tusk: and its coverage not good enough due to the lack of investment in sp.atk I ended up considering sacrificing defensive potential to further increase my offensive power.

One of the best highlights is in relation to its tera, especially tera ice.
Of my entire team, :Thundurus-Therian: is the one who ends up using it the tera most of the time, as it becomes an extremely powerful pivot after using tera ice.
in particular, it deals exceptionally well with :Gliscor: which is an extremely annoying Pokémon in general and a huge thorn in the side most of the time for my team.
when I was still using :Zapdos: :Gliscor: gave me even more work. because the only thing he had to gain from him was that he could still get really screwed if he got his wrong turns and took toxic. which was :Ogerpon-Wellspring: since :zapdos: was very passive against :Gliscor: and didn't offer much of a threat to him.
However, with :Thundurus-Therian: it is very easy to threaten more tanky Pokémon and pivot with volt-switch to continue exerting pressure in the game.
Your item is HDB to avoid Hazard damage, along with :Arcanine-Hisui: and not be so vulnerable to hazards. It's also because I don't feel the need to use choice items. because him being stuck with a tera as good as this would only hinder me in the end. Since, as said, it deals very well with tankier Pokemon and pivots to the rest of the team.

In relation to nasty plot, this move makes it a great threat against stall in general because the only thing that ends up dealing with some calm against him is :Blissey:, and even so she is subject to gradually taking pressure with volt-switch damage. most common threats such as :Dondozo: :Gliscor: Toxapex: :alomomola:
very common Pokémon in stall end up having difficulty dealing with it thanks to the tera ice that covers everything.
most frequent unaware users misdirected :Dondozo: like :Clodsire: and :Skeledirge: if the latter is pressed and uses tera water which is most of the time used by him, it makes :Thundurus-Therian: shine a lot against stall in particular.
645_f2.png

Landorus-T.png
Landorus-Therian as I said in past RMTs :Landorus-Therian: lost his space in this meta especially because of :Great-Tusk:, not only him but also :Ting-Liu: and now :Gliscor: so much so that we almost missed witnessing something unprecedented which is he falling from OU.
However, I still really like this Pokémon, especially because of u-turn, which is something very popular along with volt switch, the classic Volt/Turn.
however, unlike :Gliscor: which also has access to U-turn, it can surprise :Great-Tusk: due to Grass Knot, which is a very good thing, since :Great-Tusk: ends up becoming an extremely dangerous threat due to Bulk Up + Rapid Spinn against unprepared teams, as it is a great wall that is difficult to take down on the physical side, since I only have one special attacker, this Grass Knot damage is very welcome.

Intimidate it actually makes it bulky on both sides when its investment is in sp.def., in addition to Of course, its incredible 145 atk that can deal very high damage to everything that isn't bulky.
In fact, :Landorus-Therian: is far from its peak, but for me it will always be an excellent Pokémon for everything it offers, and it's no wonder that I continue building with it anyway because I consider it really good.

His tera is water, definitely the best for him. because thanks to this he can deal with Ice Spinner from :Great-Tusk: in emergency situations and :Walking Wake: in the sun.

:Landorus-Therian: in addition to putting Hazard and Pivoting together with :Thundurus-Therian: plays an interesting role against HOs, the stupidest and most brain dead archetype of this generation. (no offense) because it can hold and deal damage to two very common threats such as :Iron-Moth: and :Iron-Valiant: if necessary. in addition to being able to offer utility with intimidation in some cases against dangerous sweepers such as :Dragonite: and :Kingambit:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
823.png

Slow u turn corvo.png
Unlike :Landorus-Therian: Corviknight is also not at its peak, but of this Pokémon in particular I really consider it very underrated. he has access to passive damage thanks to rock helmet and can weaken physical walls. It deals very well against :Great-Tusk: not allowing it to become a dangerous sweeper thanks to Brave Bird and nullifies :Dragonite: if it doesn't have Fire Punch.

In general, I would be explaining the same thing as always when I mention this Pokémon in an RMT, as its function is good and precise, its typing is excellent and it tends to work very well with other U-turn users.
your tera flying is used especially to deal with :Sneasler: in Grass Terrain or :Zamazenta: if it is already very weakened. For me, the choice between tera Ghost and Flying is valid, as you tend to choose to nullify the damage or increase your damage and eliminate these two threats as quickly as possible.

As I noticed that there are :Sneasler: tera dark + lash out I ended up finding the choice of this tera more viable. because I noticed that this team has a little difficulty against this Grass Terrain HO archetype, against this style of team :Corviknight: ends up being a good Pokémon most of the time.

Well, to finish I always like to point out that I use relaxed nature with 0 ev in speed to slow u turn, especially useful against other :Corviknight: making them take extra damage from rock helmet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bag_Wellspring_Mask_SV_Sprite.png

Ogerpon.png
Ogerpon-Wellspring It is another Pokémon that has been standing out in the current meta and that I would like to test, because as I said, teams with U-turn/Volt-Switch favor the entry of sweepers into the field when they are not putting pressure on the opponent. on this occasion the moment was perfect to finally put :Ogerpon-Wellspring: to the test in my team

In the end, I discovered an extremely strong sweeper with an excellent ability vs rain and a very efficient set that can win the game if you get the right turns on key Pokémon like :Kingambit: a very common threat in the meta.

The choice of your moveset consists of making you very strong and at the same time unpredictable thanks to Encore Swords Dance and Trailblaze.
unfortunately I have a bad habit of forgetting to save replays to further improve the quality of my RMT (I'll try to improve that, I promise) but as the last replay, which is proof of PEAK, I'll be showing exactly what I mean in a single game, where I faced rain and did what I was talking about against a :Kingambit: at the end of this RMT.

In general, after a Trailblaze + SD and if you still have tera, the only real common threat is :Dragonite: and :Rillaboom: (but specifically Grass Terrain HOs) as they have several ways to continue dealing with it. due to more common priorities like sucker Punch they can force a 50/50 in your favor and make you extremely dangerous, meaning that nothing can stop you, unless you are a :dondozo:

Always consider looking carefully at the opponent's team, as most of the time teams are not prepared to hold a Trailblaze + SD. because with tera (which buffs your sp.def) you can simply consider buffing yourself in front of special attackers too and end the game in the stupidest way possible.
445.png

Chomper.png
And to close the team, Garchomp was another Pokémon that I wanted to test to create a very different and fun team.
Of all the mons I've used, I can say that garchomp has a really crazy and very functional set, but unfortunately I don't have any replays to confirm this :(

After several matches played with the team, the last adjustments were made to him. I decided not to play it at all :Enamorus: because I noticed that its usage dropped drastically compared to before and it was practically useless against :Corviknight: because playing just over 100 games with this team considering the suspect I literally used 2x Fire Fang loooool.
nothing fairer than using sub, a totally dangerous and unpredictable move, which makes me punish fat and overly passive walls like :Alomomola: :Amoonguss: (spore) :Moltres: (will-o-wisp) and play on top of things like toxic by :Gliscor: and Sucker Punch by :Kingambit: once I can use the sub safely and give my SD, even more so with nature adamant :Garchomp: it starts to have an absurd destruction potential thanks to loaded Dice, an item which can make your stab dragon give 100-125 BP. There really will be few things that will be able to withstand its monstrous damage and it will be faster than anything, being a sweeper that works very well in terms of unpredictability.

As I said before, I tested the team a lot, and it hurt me a lot to have to stop using tera Dragon due to the absurd buff it gives to Scale Shot in addition to the extra STAB, and I had to opt for tera poison in particular to deal with :Iron Valiant: in HOs, thanks to booster energy that counters my buff provided by Scale Shoot. This way I can continue to be fast and keep my chomp very healthy, as the damage caused by any moonblasts will be greatly reduced.

In short, Garchomp has a very strong potential and I'm sure that with the current Ban on :Rooaring-moon: it will be a matter of time before they notice its strength.
My opinion regarding the current state of the game

Well, that's all, and this time I'm not going to make a final consideration about the team, as I always highlight its weaknesses.
I would like to vent to everyone who read my RMT and perhaps what I'm going to say here won't be news to anyone. but I would like to say how stupid this game is currently and how generic and difficult to build different things with """weak""" Pokémon the game has become.

I'm someone who since SSOU plays practically only ladder. I played in all elos and even in suspect on the low ladder I see a lot of people either using HOs with WEBS or HOs with Grass Terrain. the game is at a moment that kills people's creativity and I feel that depending on the MU it is practically impossible to win, as the opponent's team practically plays alone and does not require much "thinking" to win, due to the absurd power creep of this gen. In fact, for some people who know me, this may sound like a great irony, after all, I also don't think much when I play ladder and I focus on having fun rather than coming up with great strategies to try to win the game. But let's face it, do you really think it's fun to face the same things over and over again and not have anyone watching for it? Wouldn't it be interesting to look at things that favor ultra-popular archetypes like Snow Screen, Dual Screen, and Stick Web rather than banning a new Pokémon every week because it's too strong for the game? This is my appeal, and if anyone wants to say something about this they are very welcome, I would love to read it, whether you agree with me or not, but of course, always remaining respectful.

Proof of the peak + Got Gliscor reqs:
old
Screenshot_1.png
Arcanine Hisui top 8.png
New, Starting around 1650 elo

reqs Gliscor.png

(I used my previous GXE and the new one I got in a short time to prove that I didn't cheat and had to climb the ladder using this team)

PEAK replay with Ogerpon: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1980553425-spbvylgbns7bk6tpjmon386jnaojqpepw

pokepast:https://pokepast.es/aa380c30be7e022f

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi just so you're aware for the future, the rmt forum does have a rule of "one RMT every two weeks per person", however, I'm allowing an exception here due to how well made the team and the RMT itself is (and I know you're not intentionally rule breaking since I know who you are).

congratulations on the peak and reqs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)