Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
We are ready to begin Round Twenty Three of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for the next 2 weeks ending on March 22nd, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty Three Matchups:

Bologo - Break the walls down!
Taylor - marik
IggyBot - tennisace0227
Spaniard - Gero
Max - $uper$imon
Leechy - LolIFillBlanks
Slice n Dice - Tohoya
Blue Kirby - DownUnder279
husk - Rojo23
JabbaTheGriffin - Sikh Assassin
Havak - Double J
Brawlex - Kira
Tochukaso - Triggz
cornflake - bball1210
Gouki - DeathScythe
Calciphoce - wayff13
Silver610 - Celebi_trainer_ice
Aeroblacktyl - Wulfspade
[kd8]otome - dragonites
zerowing - Lord Gloom
Roy - Darkflow
jrrrrrrr - Areyoucool
marrilpet - zukirin
Mysterious Stallion - Pagz
Great Sage - CardsOfTheHeart
Judgement - Lil-P, Kinlap
Venom - supermario19
PR3DAT - URDOOMx100
StrangerDanger - Habanero Pepper

AVAILABLE TUTORS:

Tenured Faculty:

Probationary Staff:

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: The Clash
Time zone: GMT (England)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): (GMT -5?) If so, 11am - 4pm. (Thats 4pm - 9pm in GMT)
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've been battling in a competetive way since Jun 2007. I've played every pokemon game since RBY Back in the 1990s so I know my way quite a bit. I just struggle at a few aspects, mainly team building. I like to use more original and less standard pokemon and I am a big fan of using UU/BL In OU.

*Just a note, I am looking for a tutor who is exceptional at Team building (Im sure all of them are, but yeah). Also, I would like someone who has a wide knowledge outside of OU, particularly in UU and BL. To my knowledge, Bologo fits the bill pretty well so I would like him if possible. If not, I would like someone who fits these requirements please :D*

Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle nick: Perfection
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM in weekends, weekdays 3PM - 10PM
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have been doing ADV for over 2 years (can do UU too, but OU is favo) , and recently I have started to look into DP. Mostly playing Wifi battles, havent done alot of battles on Shoddy though. Need help with team building (need alot more knowledge of pokemon in DP and movesets).

Note: If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would like to have Blue Kirby or Taylor as a tutor, because I already know them very well. I think that would speed up the process of learning too quite a bit.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick: Tennisace0227
Time zone: GMT -5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM on the weekdays, weekends all day until 10PM
Experience level*: Novice. I can build teams, but i need help with prediction.

Is it ok if i request IggyBot as my tutor again? Over the last few weeks he has really been helping me.

Assigned to Spaniard

Shoddy Battle nick: Gero
Time zone: GMT - 3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): From 15:00 to 1:00 on GMT.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I understand the basics. Spaniard is helping me with my team.

-> I was on the last round and I would like to continue the program with Spaniard if possible, because we hadn't had much time to match up and we're still on developing. If it's possible, I would like to continue with him.

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: $uper$imon
Time zone: Est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:00 pm + almost everyday varrying what time im on during then.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I learned about competitive battling on gamewinners.com, but i am still no where near very good. I am not very good about building teams or about battling. Out of ten i would say I am a 5.

Assigned to Leechy

Shoddy Battle Nick: randomdude68
Regular Online hours: east (4pm-6pm on weekdays usually)
Experience level: Decent
A little about myself: i recently discovered shoddy a couple months back and got recomended by a friend for the tutoring, im alright with making teams but im not so good with perdictions, and im always open for suggestions. Also not very good with EV spreads
would like to request Aeroblacktyl if possible

Assigned to Slice n Dice

Shoddy Battle nick: Tohoya
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Typically 6:00 PM (east) to 2:00 AM (east)
Experience level*: I started playing on netbattle after DP came out. I think I was fairly good, but most of the good competition had already left for the wi-fi battles by that point, so I'm not sure. At any rate, I only recently started playing Shoddy Battle about a week ago, and although I've read all of the articles on OU play here, I've got a lot to learn, with my winning percentage hovering around 40%.

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy battle nick: Azure88
Time Zone: GMT + 11
Regular Online Hours: 4pm-10pm Weekends, 9am-11am Monday & Tuesday
Experience Level: Started battling competitive in December last year. I have a decent grasp of the OU metagame, but am looking for tutoring in some more complex strategies and team building

Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: motson/Rojo23
Time zone: GMT+1
3:00 PM (east) to 6:00 PM
In the weekends I'm online 3:00 PM (east) to 8:00 PM (east)
Experience level: I play competitive pokemon for about 4 years now, but I constantly missed the smogon tournaments, except for the last one in which I made it to the last 32 compatitors. So I think I'm pretty decent with predictions and stuff, but I joined this because I need help imo with the team building process.

note: Hopefully I get Aeroblacktyl or Husk!

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Nick: Sikh Assassin
GMT: EST (- 5:00)
Online Hours: 3 to 10 PM on Weekdays and 12 AM to 11 PM on Weekends
Experience Level: Almost Expert, Just need to learn prediction!!
A Little About Myself: I live in NJ. I am trader but now I am more into competitive battling and this is a chance to prove myself and learn more! I want to be a great battler above all so I can battle in tournaments and most of all have a lot of fun.

Would like to request JabbaTheGriffin as my master, because he knows where we left off and knows me (kinda) now.

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: Rage Jage
Time zone: Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon - Fri 4pm - 10pm, Sat - Sun 10am - 12am, 5pm - 10pm (English Time, sorry for any confusion)
Experience level*:A little about myself: I started competative battling around November last of last year. However I as of current need help in further learning the OU metagame and on how to structure and build teams. I would feel that I am confident in battles, however the results often prove my 'confidence' finds infertile ground.

Assigned to Brawlex

Shoddy Battle nick: Ly
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: I am on from 4:00-10:00 weekdays and I can be on nearly anytime on weekends.
Experience level: I think I am an ok battler but I need help with prediction and with battling high level players since I start failing once I get to the 1400's on shoddy.

Requesting either Brawlex or Slice like last time.

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: IkeAndTina
Time zone: -5 EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-12 PM (Not straight!)
Experience level*:

I am fairly experienced at battling but find that I stick to the same group of Pokemon. By now I have a decent understanding of the metagame but I find that with the insight of a knowledgeable individual I will understand it even further.

Assigned to Aldaron

Shoddy Battle nick: Umbriel
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Online hours range for me:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 3-10 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2-10 p.m.
Fridays: 12-10 p.m.
Saturdays: 6-10 p.m.
Sundays: 1-10 p.m.
These are just estimated guesses.
Experience level*: I know a bit about the metagame, but I'm afraid that I'm not that good. I'm really interested in UU and BL pokemon, because they aren't seen and used as frequently as those pokemon in the OU environment. I haven't had much experience battling, though, but I'm always up for learning something new and unique.
A little about myself: I'm a junior in college, an English literatures major who is interested in reading, creative writing, nature, and intellectual/psychological conversation, among many things.

If possible, I would like to have a tutor who knows and works primarily with the UU/BL environment, because that's where I'd like to learn in. Thank you very much for the help that anyone can provide me.

Assigned to Tochukaso

Shoddy Battle nick: Triggz101 on offical server Triggz everywhere else
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:30pm to about 1am
Experience level*:A little about myself:
I have played pokemon ever since red and never lost my love for it. Im a decent batter and have battled competitively ever since Diamond and Pearl came out. I really need help on covering all possibilities and knowing how to predict stuff better. I play in all tiers but UU/BL is my favourite type of play.

Assigned to cornflake

Shoddy Battle nick: Twist of Fate
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 5-8 PM, Weekends: Ranging time periods
Experience level: B-/B approximately...Play a lot of DP
A little about myself: I want to continue to improve as a battler and fine-tune my skills. I know a lot about the metagame, but have trouble making counters to specific threats and making proper plays at times.

Can I be paired up with husk again? I would like to continue under his tutelage.

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick: Luffy X
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-8 PM on weekdays, varies on weekends
Experience level*: I'm not really what you would call an expert, but I am aware of the metagame and I can still hold my own.
A little about myself: I have been playing D/P probably since it came out. I just really want to improve my team building skills and strategies, which I thought here would be the perfect way to do so.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick:wayff13/wayfftesting
Time zone:West
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):11PM-2AM
Experience level:Pretty good on everything, besides Risk and Reward.

If possible, I like to be assigned to Lee, as Bologo said if I joined, I should request him.

CTI

black
Assigned to Silver610

Shoddy Battle nick: CTI
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4pm-10pm
A little about myself: I'm generally good, beaten a few players here and there, really need help on team building.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Ikazuchi/ IkazuchiTesting
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8PM-10PM weekdays, weekends vary of course.
Experience level*: Decent
A little about myself: Umm, I'm a decent player in my own opinion, but after reaching close to the middle on the ladder I always lose, then go back to the drawing board. So I figure smogon is the place to get help.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Assigned to [kd8]otome

Shoddy Battle nick: dragonites
Time Zone: East
Regular Online Hours: usually 5:30-10 PM
Experience level: Been playing on Shoddy since end of December...I have a ranking estimate of 1350, but lack appropriate prediction skills since D/P introduced Choice items. I tend not to use too many OU Pokes because they get too much usage and their movesets are almost always known.
A Little About Myself: I live about 50 miles south of Orlando, FL and am a sophomore in one of the State's top high schools.

*If I receive tutoring, I have no preference my mentor- I'm sure all are fully capable.

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle Nick: Lord Gloom is back
Time Zone: PST/GMT -8
Regular Online Hours: 6:00pm to 4:00am EST.
Experience Level: I'd think I'm a so-so player (I win my fair share of randoms), but I'd just like to expand my general knowledge of the game's intricacies.
A Little About Myself: I live in San Diego county, about thirty miles or so to the north, and am currently enrolled in a culinary vocational academy sponsored by the local university, which I guess makes me a chef-in-training.

Note: Since I'm primarily doing this as a crash course for the World Cup, I would prefer to have zerowing as my tutor since he's on my team.

Assigned to Roy

Shoddy Battle nick: Darkflow-
Time zone:
PST
6pm-1am
Experience level*:
Moderate
A little about myself: I enjoy every aspect of competitive battling, but I need to get better.

Assigned to jrrrrrrr

Shoddy Battle nicks: .Pulse. and tesst
Time zone: Pacific // GMT -8
6 PM - 1 AM EST
Experience level: I'd say in terms of prediction I'm above average, but I have just SO much trouble building a team that fits me.
A little about myself: 18 year old senior in Cali, play basketball and soccer, have been playing Pokémon competitively for about 7 months. The only other video game I don't suck nuts at is Super Smash. I finished one round of the tutor program with zerowing, which was great, and I hope to continue my "learning momentum" forward on. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)